Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 09:01:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [AEON] Aeon Speculation  (Read 190013 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
August 01, 2019, 08:03:50 PM

Debate about what fixed ring size we will have.  https://github.com/aeonix/aeon/issues/65   It seems there are three options. 3, 4 or 5.

I have always supported 5 however I would be ok with 4 since it’s an even number.

I don't think odd or even makes any real difference.

Wouldn’t it? Because I thought Monero ring sigs were odd on purpose?

I've noticed that but I don't know of any good reason for it.

Isn't it odd  Grin

I actually from some odd reason thought that prime number is best.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bigslimvdub

Activity: 346
Merit: 23

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2019, 03:47:05 AM

State of Aeon ready, waiting review from other mods on discord
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1439

View Profile
August 24, 2019, 03:32:13 AM
Merited by estenity (1)

This is the beginning. We might witness Aeon pump on over 10k satoshis again. However, this time, it might not be dumped down. The project has never been better from the support of a small but loyal followers.

Thank you everyone.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
bigslimvdub

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2019, 02:03:49 AM

This is the beginning. We might witness Aeon pump on over 10k satoshis again. However, this time, it might not be dumped down. The project has never been better from the support of a small but loyal followers.

Thank you everyone.

Welcome  Wink
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2019, 03:17:10 AM

@bigslimvdub. I delivered my speech early, I reckon hehehe. Someone dumped a few hours after. He might be reading this thread and came to a decision to troll me and dump some coins.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
bigslimvdub

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2019, 05:28:16 PM

@bigslimvdub. I delivered my speech early, I reckon hehehe. Someone dumped a few hours after. He might be reading this thread and came to a decision to troll me and dump some coins.

Maybe Aeon will hit 50k sat some day. For now we wait

Side note; Russian and Chinese added to website Smiley
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2019, 03:27:49 AM

Does anyone else who wants the statement Aeon isn't just a currency. It's a lifestyle. removed from the front page, besides me?

Also does this apply on Aeon?

Decentralized digital currency is slowly becoming a normal part of everyday life. Yet everybody's main internet device continues to be their cellphone, a device with a low-powered CPU and limited available storage.

AEON is about enabling this era, enabling an age where all people everywhere have the freedom to privately send and receive money with whatever gadget they already own.

Source http://www.aeon.cash/

Do we have an updated stable release for Android phones?

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
bigslimvdub

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2019, 01:17:46 AM
Merited by bbc.reporter (1)

Do we have an updated stable release for Android phones?

It was on my list to port this as I did for AeonLW Electron app however lack of time. Also as soon as v0.13.0 is released, the Monerujo team devoted an update and refresh as well as adding AeonAPI to the app: https://aeonfunding.com/proposal/11

It's only been what, almost a year since it was funded.

I tried porting MonerujoAE and just could not figure out how to get it to compile. Its pretty complex how they have it building so ended up giving up on that adventure.

EDIT: And if you were referring to Android binaries for Android, I have the latest v0.12.0 release on my git account but have not taken any time to build the latest master with k12 for testnet.
bigslimvdub

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2019, 03:14:37 AM

Aeon down to 3500 sats right now with this BTC slump. Overall market sentiment negative since alts falling with BTC with the exception of occasional pump and dumps of microcap alts.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 02:31:22 AM

@bigslimvdub. That does not imply that there was a big attraction on Aeon before this bear market, however. We remained a small project during 2017's bull market and I reckon it will be similar during the next bull market.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
bigslimvdub

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2019, 03:32:49 AM

@bigslimvdub. That does not imply that there was a big attraction on Aeon before this bear market, however. We remained a small project during 2017's bull market and I reckon it will be similar during the next bull market.

We shall see. Cheap coins that’s for sure right now.
jarhed

Activity: 672
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 11, 2019, 07:43:48 AM

Aeon down to 3500 sats right now with this BTC slump. Overall market sentiment negative since alts falling with BTC with the exception of occasional pump and dumps of microcap alts.
I also think that the dominance of Bitcoin will again increase by 2-3% and amount to 70%. All Altcoins will fall in price in relation to Bitcoin. This trend is still very stable, but may change in the future. I do not buy AEON yet.
sammy007
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 13, 2019, 04:17:43 PM
Last edit: October 13, 2019, 04:56:52 PM by sammy007
Merited by estenity (1)

Have bought some in pegasus style ffs, meanwhile drinking non-alcoholic beer and there is no ocean, so not really 100% his style. Imo Aeon for less than 1% of XMR is cheap. Trading on both US and international Bittrex. Not a scam, all other CryptoNotes are scams, excluding XMR indeed.

Love the ASIC friendliness idea, was against that dumb scheduled algo changes in XMR. Makes critical code patched like an old blanket.

You guys forgot one thing, there cap is not really true because big amount of coins lost forever before re-listing on bittrex years ago.

I would treat that last dump as overshot.

Small example https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/monero-classic/, the cap of that trash is 2x of AEON. Do you really believe it makes any sense at all?
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
October 13, 2019, 08:24:34 PM

Love the ASIC friendliness idea, was against that dumb scheduled algo changes in XMR. Makes critical code patched like an old blanket.

Scheduled protocol upgrades in Monero were to add new anon features and the rest and not to change the mining algo. Algo was changed when was a fork, just because there was a chance to do it. Without so frequent forks that would not happen even once.  The changes of algo was not so drastic to drastically increase chances of bugs.

You guys forgot one thing, there cap is not really true because big amount of coins lost forever before re-listing on bittrex years ago.

Small example https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/monero-classic/, the cap of that trash is 2x of AEON. Do you really believe it makes any sense at all?

No one claimed monero classic so its marketcap should be 10+ times smaller. But you are also saying AEON marketcap is smaller? How much?

My question to all is when we will expect first ASICs being build to mine AEON and how much after that will be for sale for everyone to buy?
sammy007
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 14, 2019, 05:14:40 AM

My question to all is when we will expect first ASICs being build to mine AEON and how much after that will be for sale for everyone to buy?

ASIC can't generate more coins than allowed by protocol. The number of coins will be the same. And of course nobody gonna build ASIC for a coin with 2mm market cap. If AEON cap will increase to 100-200mm manufacturers will consider building one.

By saying that I like ASIC friendliness I mean finally there is no wild goose chase for dumb ASIC resistance.
bigslimvdub

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2019, 06:11:08 PM

ASIC can't generate more coins than allowed by protocol. The number of coins will be the same. And of course nobody gonna build ASIC for a coin with 2mm market cap. If AEON cap will increase to 100-200mm manufacturers will consider building one.

By saying that I like ASIC friendliness I mean finally there is no wild goose chase for dumb ASIC resistance.

It was a valid goose chase and still is for some projects. You have to try something out first and if it does not work, try something different. If monero devs (and others) didn’t try asic resistance, nobody would have known if it indeed was possible or not. It is not possible right now with technical design capabilities. Maybe it will be some day but it’s not worth it to spend development money and time fighting something that is designed to do what your project is doing 24/7 anyway.

Imo it is more of a marketing ploy for uneducated users because it’s easier to trust a dev than take time to educate yourself on a concept especially if your don’t even understand that concept to begin with. That being said, you still need to trust your devs because in the end, they are the ones maintaining the product you use just like windows or fedora or iOS or android.
stoffu

Activity: 203
Merit: 166

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2019, 02:00:04 AM
Merited by bbc.reporter (1)

It was a valid goose chase and still is for some projects. You have to try something out first and if it does not work, try something different. If monero devs (and others) didn’t try asic resistance, nobody would have known if it indeed was possible or not. It is not possible right now with technical design capabilities. Maybe it will be some day but it’s not worth it to spend development money and time fighting something that is designed to do what your project is doing 24/7 anyway.

I disagree.

A quote from the first paragraph of the CryptoNote whitepaper Section 5 (Egalitarian Proof-of-work):

Our primary goal is to close the gap between CPU (majority) and GPU/FPGA/ASIC (minority) miners. It is appropriate that some users can have a certain advantage over others, but their investments should grow at least linearly with the power. More generally, producing special-purpose devices has to be as less profitable as possible.

I didn't find anything wrong here when I saw it the first time, but on hindsight I find it fundamentally flawed; mining will/should be one of the most important tasks to humanity at large if the currency were to serve globally, and hence trying to make the process more efficient is just the nature of human and free market. ASIC resistance means to ban all such attempts and to change the algorithm when the current attempt fails.

If Monero developers continue to be caught up in many flawed mantra in CryptoNote whitepaper, it is doomed to fail.
phishead

Activity: 1873
Merit: 840

Keep what's important, and know who's your friend

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2019, 12:42:29 PM

I disagree.

A quote from the first paragraph of the CryptoNote whitepaper Section 5 (Egalitarian Proof-of-work):

Our primary goal is to close the gap between CPU (majority) and GPU/FPGA/ASIC (minority) miners. It is appropriate that some users can have a certain advantage over others, but their investments should grow at least linearly with the power. More generally, producing special-purpose devices has to be as less profitable as possible.

I didn't find anything wrong here when I saw it the first time, but on hindsight I find it fundamentally flawed; mining will/should be one of the most important tasks to humanity at large if the currency were to serve globally, and hence trying to make the process more efficient is just the nature of human and free market. ASIC resistance means to ban all such attempts and to change the algorithm when the current attempt fails.

If Monero developers continue to be caught up in many flawed mantra in CryptoNote whitepaper, it is doomed to fail.

Yeah but if we are rooting for efficient & centralized, wouldn't that just leave us with Visa??

I know it's an extreme, but hopefully you see my point.  Cryptocurrencies were meant to be decentralized.  Having 10 or so entities controlling 80-90% of Bitcoin's hashing power is insane and the closer you get to a monopoly, the easier it will be for governments to force that monopoly/duopoly/etc. to censor transactions and corrupt the chain.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2019, 03:07:21 AM

I disagree.

Also, Monero's blockchain is very hard to download after the RingCT upgrade. How large would it be after 5 years?

@everyone. Where is americanpegasus? We need her back to say her famous words about Monero on $0.25 for Aeon hehehe.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
stoffu

Activity: 203
Merit: 166

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2019, 03:28:31 AM

I disagree.

Yeah but if we are rooting for efficient & centralized, wouldn't that just leave us with Visa??

I know it's an extreme, but hopefully you see my point.  Cryptocurrencies were meant to be decentralized.  Having 10 or so entities controlling 80-90% of Bitcoin's hashing power is insane and the closer you get to a monopoly, the easier it will be for governments to force that monopoly/duopoly/etc. to censor transactions and corrupt the chain.

Visa doesn't need a blockchain.

Your point has been raised countless times in never ending debates on ASIC resistance/friendliness with no hope of coming to an agreement. Let's not repeat it here. If you don't like ASIC friendliness, stop bothering about AEON and move on.
Pages: « 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 »
  Print  

Jump to: