Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:38:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Trendon Shavers - Pirate Pass Through - Crowdsource list  (Read 6313 times)
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 03:01:01 AM

Hashking also ran a "im sending pirate 10,000 BTC retarded investment that is supposedly still compounding interest at 7% per week" deal.

LOL!!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 03:33:26 AM

The ultimate goal was to get deposit addresses from PPT's used to fund their BS&T accounts in an attempt to track the coins.
But since no PPT have responded I would assume they are not interested in participating so it's probably not going to happen.

I think a lot of people would be uncomfortable with that information being released to anyone other than government investigators and that some PPT operators probably won't give that information up even if presented with an official request.

I think that many people have misgivings about the creation of an informal repository of information which can't actually be used by investigators.  what's the actual point of the community playing "follow the coins" when investigators would need to do it for themselves in order to be able to use any information that process reveals?

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 03:56:34 AM

Not sure how I got up there, or why it's been repeated (this isn't the only place) that I ran a PPT. I had ~8k BTC assets. 1k was in Pirate after the Vegas Meetup. Prior to that, I was pretty unusually opposed to Pirate out of the lenders of the time and wrote into loan contracts that lendee's funds could not go into a Pirate account, though that was unsurprisingly broken as it turned out. If you want to give me a pass-through charge, you could at best call me a JRO pass-through, where I'm still working on covering that $40k loss out of pocket.
helloworld

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 04:59:38 AM

I think a lot of people would be uncomfortable with that information being released to anyone other than government investigators

Erm, FTFY?
Brunic

Activity: 632
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 05:03:40 AM

Sad thing is, even coblee the creator of Litecoin ran a passthrough https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=91240.0

coblee repaid all the investors of his pass-through with his own money. No investors of this PPT is owed any money of any sort.

The only list where coblee has to be is in the "members of honor" list.

*EDIT*
Considering the goal of this thread, I think it's safe to say that the amount invested by his LTCPPT is a loss to coblee though. You could ask him how much he loss and add it to the total amount. But you should separate coblee from the rest of the PPT, since it's the only PPT to have never defaulted and that paid back everything.

I haven't realized that, coblee is that nice of a guy. That gives me a shred of hope for this community, at least for that tiny part of it.

Don't be so gloomy  Wink
A loss or a sad event is an opportunity for new people to shine. I see it as a sort of natural selection. The rats ran away, while the good people are still around trying to patch the damages. Many people took losses, like, as an example, Kluge who posted just before me. But this guy is working hard to make things right, and if he achieves it, his name is on the honor roll and there's no doubt that person is an asset to this community. Even if, at short-term, some people are taking losses, I believe that on the long-term, these people are going to turn that loss into a profit.
helloworld

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 05:09:43 AM

I agree that coblee is a 'nice guy', but I also find it somewhat strange that he is being praised for doing something other than what was stated in his PPT rules.

If he is indeed a 'man of honor' for paying investors back out of his own pocket, then what of the people that give more importance to honoring the exact wording of an initial agreement (regardless of whether that results in a worse situation for investors or not)?
Ente
Legendary

Activity: 2126
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 10:56:50 AM

I agree that coblee is a 'nice guy', but I also find it somewhat strange that he is being praised for doing something other than what was stated in his PPT rules.

If he is indeed a 'man of honor' for paying investors back out of his own pocket, then what of the people that give more importance to honoring the exact wording of an initial agreement (regardless of whether that results in a worse situation for investors or not)?

I guess noone was forced to take the bitcoins he paid out of his own pocket without being obliged to do that.. :-P

Ente
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 11:19:44 AM

imsaguy was also running a PPT
helloworld

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 01:25:11 PM

I guess noone was forced to take the bitcoins he paid out of his own pocket without being obliged to do that.. :-P

Ente

Exactly, noone was forced to.
That's why it seems his lenders acted immorally by accepting such funds to the detriment of an innocent party (Coblee).
BCB (OP)
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 02:09:25 PM

imsaguy was also running a PPT

Updated.
dishwara
Legendary

Activity: 1855
Merit: 1016

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 05:58:12 PM

Trolling too has limits.
Questioning Coblee for repaying & scolding his lenders for accepting bitcoins.
midnightmagic

Activity: 88
Merit: 37

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 07:29:47 PM

Oy! Where's the evidence copumpkin ran a passthrough?

As far as I'm aware, he didn't.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: