Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:53:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Silk Road by Mountainwolf - what do musicians want from Bitcoin?  (Read 519 times)
Sir Lagsalot (OP)

Activity: 323
Merit: 250

The lion roars!

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 08:26:23 PM

I interviewed Mountainwolf’s Tyler Vaillant about their new album, “The Silk Road.”

Tyler knew a lot about darknet markets and Bitcoin so we discussed that. But he had no direct experience of either, so I showed him how to get a light wallet running and make his album available for Bitcoin. He even put up some exclusive content for people who buy it with Bitcoin.

But can you guys tell me how bands can best keep track of and reward fans who buy their album for Bitcoin? I mean the sales are all on the blockchain already... So the plan is to reward those who buy albums, concert tickets, and merchandise. A year from now or whenever the band releases it's next album, how can we get back in touch with those fans, verify their Bitcoin purchase and offer them exclusive content and discounts?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 08:30:44 PM

I interviewed Mountainwolf’s Tyler Vaillant about their new album, “The Silk Road.”

Tyler knew a lot about darknet markets and Bitcoin so we discussed that. But he had no direct experience of either, so I showed him how to get a light wallet running and make his album available for Bitcoin. He even put up some exclusive content for people who buy it with Bitcoin.

But can you guys tell me how bands can best keep track of and reward fans who buy their album for Bitcoin? I mean the sales are all on the blockchain already... So the plan is to reward those who buy albums, concert tickets, and merchandise. A year from now or whenever the band releases it's next album, how can we get back in touch with those fans, verify their Bitcoin purchase and offer them exclusive content and discounts?

That wouldn't be beneficial to people who want to remain somewhat anonymous.  Making them known who they are and personally sending them rewards, not to their wallet, but to that person in general, would not be beneficial by any means.  I think it would be cool enough for the band to offer exclusive material on an album in general, or just give them a discounted rate.

Sir Lagsalot (OP)

The lion roars!

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 08:47:24 PM

That wouldn't be beneficial to people who want to remain somewhat anonymous.  Making them known who they are and personally sending them rewards, not to their wallet, but to that person in general, would not be beneficial by any means.  I think it would be cool enough for the band to offer exclusive material on an album in general, or just give them a discounted rate.

Well... They wouldn't lose pseudonymity, I'm not talking KYC stuff or forms to fill.

More like they sign something with their Bitcoin wallet when they buy an album. Then later on, if they send a signed message from the same wallet, they're entitled to extras. Anyone know a service like that? Best would be an app that handles it at checkout and doesn't need much manual administration.

achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 6531

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2015, 02:49:32 AM

If you record the transaction id at purchase, then you will know which addresses sent the Bitcoin to pay for it. To prove that the person really did buy something, then you can ask them to sign a message with one of those addresses to prove themselves. The only problem is with exchange wallets like coinbase which don't give users control of the private keys so they can't sign anything.

dopecoindude
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

The Dude Of DopeCoin

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2015, 03:08:01 AM

Good job on this article.  I enjoyed reading about how bands and the darkmarket would work with this.

It is here folks. DopeCoinGOLD . The #1 Crypto-Weed Coin.
Sir Lagsalot (OP)

The lion roars!

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 09:18:01 AM

Good job on this article.  I enjoyed reading about how bands and the darkmarket would work with this.

Thanks, dopecoindude. How's it going with your grow?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: