Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:43:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone think Ron Paul could win 3% of the popular vote?  (Read 1499 times)
420 (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 12:12:59 AM

He has not endorsed any other party or anyone. A lot of his supporters and general people fed up with the system may write him in

If you do you could make a bit of change on this bet:

http://betsofbitco.in/item?id=796

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Raize
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1419
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 12:37:17 AM

He won't be counted in about half the states. Writing in the name of presidential candidate who lost a primary is about the most uneducated thing you can do if you live in states with sore loser laws or laws requiring that write-ins register themselves. It's even worse than not voting at all because you will have expended the effort. If it helps you sleep better at night, then you always have that. I'd just vote third party so you've got a dissenting vote recorded.

firefop

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 01:17:07 AM

I'm pretty sure he would except most of his 'supporters who would actually vote for him' are probably in mental clinics and the like.

Ron Paul is basically a death association tool for the mainstream. He's a total loon who just happens to "believe in" some good ideas in addition to everything else. If RP really wanted to help the ideas he supposedly believes in, he'd sit quietly in the background and pay so someone more respectable could present those ideas.

myrkul

Activity: 532

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2012, 01:27:20 AM

I'm pretty sure he would except most of his 'supporters who would actually vote for him' are probably in mental clinics and the like.

Ron Paul is basically a death association tool for the mainstream. He's a total loon who just happens to "believe in" some good ideas in addition to everything else. If RP really wanted to help the ideas he supposedly believes in, he'd sit quietly in the background and pay so someone more respectable could present those ideas.

What aspects of Dr. Paul's personality, behavior, or hell, even voting record indicate mental instability?

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
420 (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 01:27:30 AM

California is very populus, and Texas is his home state.

And Ron Paul has such a following; people that work in the elections may definitely want to count people who write his name.

bb113

Activity: 728

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 04:04:19 AM

What aspects of Dr. Paul's personality, behavior, or hell, even voting record indicate mental instability?

None, the above is a person subject to huffpost and democracyNOW propaganda. I suppose it is not insane to disagree with auditing the fed, reducing police state activity, etc since the world is a complicated place. But Ron Paul has definitely shown no signs of insanity. Maybe idealism, for better or worse, but not insanity.
akinnee

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 04:05:52 AM

Gary Johnson!
420 (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 04:32:10 AM

Gary Johnson!

myrkul

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2012, 04:43:02 AM

I still have my hopes set for Nobody 2016.

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
420 (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 05:08:49 AM

I'm turning to agree. Moving closer to pledge this will be my last election I vote for President until more than a donkey and an elephant are allowed in the debates

hashman
Legendary

Activity: 1264
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 07:36:17 AM

He has not endorsed any other party or anyone. A lot of his supporters and general people fed up with the system may write him in

I'm not sure I understand this bet.  I mean, everybody knows RP is the most popular politician of our generation, so is the bet about whether the news houses are aloud to speak his name aloud on election day?  Seeing as they have been clear they won't speak his name, as a popular candidate is not desirable, I could see why the votes are more in the red on this one.

420 (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 08:09:27 AM

I'm not sure I understand this bet.  I mean, everybody knows RP is the most popular politician of our generation, so is the bet about whether the news houses are aloud to speak his name aloud on election day?  Seeing as they have been clear they won't speak his name, as a popular candidate is not desirable, I could see why the votes are more in the red on this one.

assumes 3% of popular votes counted

firefop

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 12:46:28 PM

I think RP is a non-starter. He's just too crazy, too old and too out of touch with the modern age.

I actually feel bad about him pushing some good ideas (like flat tax) because it tends to scare the moderates to the point that they dislike the idea...

IMO RP supporters need to get over it, write him letters, convince him to fund an articulate younger candidate that shares the core values but someone who'll be able to speak without sounding like a loon.

hashman
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 01:12:55 PM

I think RP is a non-starter. He's just too crazy, too old and too out of touch with the modern age.

I actually feel bad about him pushing some good ideas (like flat tax) because it tends to scare the moderates to the point that they dislike the idea...

IMO RP supporters need to get over it, write him letters, convince him to fund an articulate younger candidate that shares the core values but someone who'll be able to speak without sounding like a loon.

Is it that truth is spoken and appeal is made to reason that you think is lunacy? 

Or perhaps you are deluded enough to think his appeal to allow competitive currencies would threaten your position?   

Give us something more please Smiley     
firefop

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 01:24:10 PM

Is it that truth is spoken and appeal is made to reason that you think is lunacy? 

Or perhaps you are deluded enough to think his appeal to allow competitive currencies would threaten your position?   

No. It's his manner that makes him come off as crazy. Listen to anything where RP is speaking live... half the time he sounds perfectly sane and the other half he sounds like he's senile. That's the reason people think he's crazy, because of the 'drift off' and him losing his train of thought.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2012, 02:12:48 PM

No. It's his manner that makes him come off as crazy. Listen to anything where RP is speaking live... half the time he sounds perfectly sane and the other half he sounds like he's senile. That's the reason people think he's crazy, because of the 'drift off' and him losing his train of thought.

I've never heard this happen. Could you provide a link to a Youtube or other video where it does?

420 (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 09:11:02 PM

so many posts and no new bets. It doesn't seem from the things you say that anyone's unsure of the outcome

grantbdev

Activity: 292

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 11:34:00 PM

No. There is no way for him to get 3% on write-ins alone for which he did not ask. Among his supporters: a few will write in his name, some are going to vote for Romney, some will not vote at all, most will vote for Gary Johnson. If Gary Johnson is serious about a 2016 run, HE NEEDS 5% of the popular vote this year.

I met Jim Gray, he said 5% is the goal because that will give them Federal matching funds and ballot access that would effectively establish the Libertarian Party as a serious contender for the forseeable future, even after Johnson. That is why they are working so hard on getting non-Libertarians to vote for him, because it could potentially end the two-party system or bring a major re-alignment era. That is why I am trying to convince the voters in my solidly democratic district in a solidly republican state to vote for Gary Johnson. It is not a "waste of a vote" if we can get above 5%.

Don't use BIPS!
420 (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 07:54:52 AM

No. There is no way for him to get 3% on write-ins alone for which he did not ask. Among his supporters: a few will write in his name, some are going to vote for Romney, some will not vote at all, most will vote for Gary Johnson. If Gary Johnson is serious about a 2016 run, HE NEEDS 5% of the popular vote this year.

I met Jim Gray, he said 5% is the goal because that will give them Federal matching funds and ballot access that would effectively establish the Libertarian Party as a serious contender for the forseeable future, even after Johnson. That is why they are working so hard on getting non-Libertarians to vote for him, because it could potentially end the two-party system or bring a major re-alignment era. That is why I am trying to convince the voters in my solidly democratic district in a solidly republican state to vote for Gary Johnson. It is not a "waste of a vote" if we can get above 5%.

Jim Gray: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EhrIZpdVhs

hashman
Legendary

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 08:54:24 AM

I also would like an example.  Perhaps you are referring to the fact that he actually thinks and answers questions rather than simply reading from a script? 

As the most popular political speaker of our generation based on number of people who go to hear him speak, you are in a minority with this opinion.  That doesn't make you wrong of course, I'm still interested to hear what you mean exactly. 

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: