Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:34:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Starting up a UK based mining operation (Donation) (Investment)  (Read 1220 times)
CaptChadd (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1005

Product Marketing & Promotion / Software Developer

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 08:09:37 AM
Last edit: October 24, 2012, 02:04:47 PM by CaptChadd

Hi all,

I have a listing on BTCJam which details my basic company idea and how investors will benefit from investing. Anyone that helps to start this company off by investing on my BTCJam listing will receive monthly payouts in proportion to the scale of the company and the BTC market permanently.

I will do whatever checks are needed to prove I am who I say I am and that I am totally serious about this business venture.

If the ASIC's takes ages to ship or BFL don't deliver their promise then I will look to FPGA mining hardware. If I have to move to FPGA, then further funding will be required.

Can anyone help me out or would be interested in investing in this company?

BTCJam listing : https://btcjam.com/listings/270

I am going to set up a free wordpress blog to keep people updated on the progress of the company.

My aim with this company is to look after investors and give them continuous payouts permanently on the 1st of every month.

I will answer all questions and be totally open about everything, I have nothing to hide.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 08:13:19 AM

ARE YOU SERIOUS?

It costs less than 1 btc for a domain. It costs VERY TINY amounts for shared hosting. IT COSTS NOTHING TO SET UP A BLOG OR FORUM.

Looks like someone who just wants 30 free BTC.
CaptChadd (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 08:24:40 AM

Yes but anyone can set up a free blog can't they? I want this to be official, not some wordpress or blogger deal.

I clicked on the basic plan on Hostgator and even used a money off code to save on cost.

I can setup a blog on wordpress and blogger but it would easily get lost in the void of free websites.

I am not out for a free 30 BTC or any free amount of BTC, it would be an investment and I have said that I will be totally open about who I am.

I will also listen to suggestions from members here and I can change and develop the business idea accordingly.

I have been mining BTC with an GTX 470 for one and a half years, not to make any money, as I won't with a card like that but I did it so I could get a feel for Bitcoin. I have traded small amounts of BTC-E too, just for experience.
CaptChadd (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 08:26:58 AM

I will look at even cheaper hosting and a cheaper domain name to bring the costs right down, I just choose Host Gator as they are considered one of the best hosts around. I want a paid website host that is fast and reliable.
CaptChadd (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 08:50:18 AM

A reason why I can't fund this project fully myself is that I do Volunteer and Charity work, one of which can be found here.

http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=42575

If I can start this business up , then when it has grown enough I can tie it into donations to charity aswell.

This will not effect investors, the charity donations will come out of my cut of the profits, not the companies re investment or investor payouts.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3050

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2012, 02:45:06 PM

Yes but anyone can set up a free blog can't they? I want this to be official, not some wordpress or blogger deal.

Then I would suggest setting up a free blog until you have the money yourself to move to Host Gator.  Don't expect our community to pay for your business ventures.

Not too mention a very good chance you'll just disappear with the coins.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
MiningBuddy

Activity: 927
Merit: 1000

฿itcoin ฿itcoin ฿itcoin

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 02:50:51 PM

UK electricity prices are too high, this 'business' is never going to work I'm afraid.

Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 05:12:47 PM

You appear to be legit, but the return on 3-6GH/s is going to be glacial.  You might be better off editing the title of this thread and asking for donations rather than a loan.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
CaptChadd (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 07:08:34 PM
Last edit: October 24, 2012, 02:07:33 PM by CaptChadd

OK that sounds like a good idea but I am not going to run off with everyone's money. BTCJam, have my Drivers License scan with my address on for verification. Scamming would be pointless and is something I would never do.

I value everyone's opinion and I will gladly change things around if it would mean people on here would be more inclined to invest.

I will setup a free blog on wordpress then to start and will fund the website changeover when I have the funds myself.

Would anyone be interested in donating to the business on BTCJam? No matter what happens every investor will get there investment back plus all future payouts, either ASIC or FPGA.
CaptChadd (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 07:11:14 PM

I have edited this thread now, as I don't need the 10 BTC loan as I will be creating a free wordpress company website.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3050

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2012, 08:27:44 PM

Scamming would be pointless and is something I would never do.

I can think of lots of points people would scam for, and they are worth $11.81 currently.     

Also, I've never heard a scammer state they would do it before they actually did do it.  Wink

Kudos to you on starting your website without requiring a loan.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
CaptChadd (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 10:17:10 PM

I will reply back here with the link to the website. Thanks guys.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4435

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 08:53:38 AM

ARE YOU SERIOUS?

It costs less than 1 btc for a domain. It costs VERY TINY amounts for shared hosting. IT COSTS NOTHING TO SET UP A BLOG OR FORUM.

am i missing something? i read the title about a UK mining operation, read the BTCJAM listing for BFL jalapeno's..

but everyone else is talking about web hosting and blogs?? has something been edited?

if something has been edited i hope it was just to add more information. removing information should just look like this

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
CaptChadd (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 02:03:44 PM

ARE YOU SERIOUS?

am i missing something? i read the title about a UK mining operation, read the BTCJAM listing for BFL jalapeno's..

but everyone else is talking about web hosting and blogs?? has something been edited?

if something has been edited i hope it was just to add more information. removing information should just look like this

Sorry that is my mistake, I have changed the way I am going to fund the mining company. I am going to set up a blog for free, before I was asking for donations for this on a paid host, I am now also going to self fund as much as I can the start up of the mining company, with it either being ASIC hardware , all being well with them or with FPGA's.

I have taken the BTCJAM funding page down and ask for potential donations / investment on here instead for the company. I have invested a very small amount on a BCJAM project on there though, so will see how that pans out, to set how good that way of crowd funding is.

The main reason why I need help with funding is because I am a volunteer and charity worker so do not get a salary, this going to be hopefully a project that will give poeple that donate / investors a steady return and from my cut of the profits, some will go to a charity.
CaptChadd (OP)

View Profile
October 25, 2012, 08:05:27 AM

Things will be on hold for a little while as my graphics card packed in last night. Trying to get a replacement ASAP, using onboard graphic's right now. Barely even usable.
squall1066
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1032

View Profile
October 25, 2012, 03:19:37 PM

Being honest, I am a mining operation in the U.K. I am rather lucky as I have been mining for a while when the ROI of cards was shorter than now, This is not a good time to start either, All of my cards have paid for them selves, All my profit goes into new cards making my returns that little bit faster, I have other ventures that I have used cash for, If I was you, Look into buying some pre-orders of BFL SC's from someone reputable, I really don't advise going GPU at this stage. Though i must admit is fun and very addictive.

Good luck to you.

EDIT - A bit slow here, I just re-read you are aquireing some jalapeno's, This is a good start, Try and scout for a slightly earlier order number, But don't pay over the odds.
CaptChadd (OP)

View Profile
October 25, 2012, 09:50:16 PM

Once I have my replacement GPU up and running I will be working on a mining company website using Wordpress to start. I will fill it with all the information about myself, the business plan etc.
CaptChadd (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2012, 05:58:33 PM

I have changed how this company operates. I have decided to add a fun factor to it and to make the mining company more about giving back to the Bitcoin and Litecoin community.

The website I have mad is here : http://pcgamekeysgiveaway.wordpress.com/

And the funding that I need for help get this going so I can give out bigger prizes from mining Bitcoin and Litecoins I am trying to get from here : https://btcjam.com/listings/335

Any questions then please ask on my project development thread with is here : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=120927.0
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: