Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:22:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Invest your BTC - Guaranteed 5-10% profit in 7 days - 1 BTC max  (Read 5154 times)
underminer

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Not for hire.

View Profile
November 13, 2012, 06:45:56 PM

Not going to happen, why would I apologize for my interpretation of your snide comments on this issue?

You would keep quiet about making profit off of something you "know" to be a scam.  Those are your words.  It may not make you a scammer directly, but it does raise some questions.

This listing btw, meets very few criteria listed in the "how to spot a ponzi" thread.

Keep your bitcoins my .02 are free.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
caffeinewriter

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 13, 2012, 06:51:46 PM

You know, this is kind of fucked up. I'm not shamelessly promoting this thing, neither is underminer, and yet people are implying that we're both scammers. Has pirate, nefario, and others undermined the trust of this community so much that taking a risk is now considered advertisement for a scam? That's how it seems to me.

Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 13, 2012, 06:59:20 PM

Not going to happen, why would I apologize for my interpretation of your snide comments on this issue?

You would keep quiet about making profit off of something you "know" to be a scam.  Those are your words.  It may not make you a scammer directly, but it does raise some questions.

This listing btw, meets very few criteria listed in the "how to spot a ponzi" thread.

Is that best you can scratch about at the bottom of the barrel and come up with as a distraction from your original folly of an accusation.

Pathetic.  Grin

You messed up. Don't take it out on me.

Buffer Overflow
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2012, 07:27:13 PM

Has pirate, nefario, and others undermined the trust of this community so much that taking a risk is now considered advertisement for a scam?

I'm going to put my head in the block on this one and say "yes."

I might be wrong (hope I'm wrong) but we haven't even scratched the surface how much damage has been done. The big question is "Is it permanent?"

underminer

Not for hire.

View Profile
November 13, 2012, 07:29:34 PM

I made a few cents and found an idiot.  How did I mess up?

Buffer Overflow
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2012, 07:47:24 PM

I made a few cents and found an idiot.  How did I mess up?

You know full well what I'm talking about. This folly:

Your money, your choice. Can't argue with that.

You can't?  Well you have been so far, th
ere's a lie in there from you somewhere as well.  Think about it.

Huh You've lost me.

Can you highlight the text where I've entered an argument telling someone what to do with their money?

My monitor must be playing, because I fail to locate it.

We are all still waiting for you to highlight some text posted to backup this accusation.

underminer

Not for hire.

View Profile
November 13, 2012, 07:55:53 PM

Who exactly is this "we" --you mean the royal "we" ?  Grin

Anyway, like I said, you don't know what the word "implication" means.  If you tell someone what they are doing is wrong or incorrect you are, in effect, telling them what to do.

(You fucking tard.)

Dalkore
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026

Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2012, 11:33:49 PM
Last edit: November 14, 2012, 03:42:20 AM by Dalkore

You know, this is kind of fucked up. I'm not shamelessly promoting this thing, neither is underminer, and yet people are implying that we're both scammers. Has pirate, nefario, and others undermined the trust of this community so much that taking a risk is now considered advertisement for a scam? That's how it seems to me.

Your level of naivete can not be that high.  It don't think you're a scammer as of yet but I do think you are lending reputation to someone who (if history serves a guide) has a high probability to be building a long term scam.  

You may ask me how would I know or think that, other than the without fail, 100% default rate on a whole for all programs on here this:

The title of the post:  Re: Invest your BTC - Guaranteed 5-10% profit in 7 days - 1 BTC max

Right off the back, this is ingenious at best. Just because you sent an address some BTC and got back more because he promised it, doesn't mean anything.   Second, the user has 29 posts.   So either he magically appeared from no where with this "business investment" or he is an old scammer working on his sophomore attempt.  

The real issue is that you posted here lending to its legitimacy because you  A) Truly believe in him (refer to my opening statement)  B)  Know it is likely a ponzi and you may want to be on the ground floor to profit.   C)  Unknown motive  

In any case, I hope you read this post and take it as advice for you to realize what your reputation carries on this forum, in a sense it is a compliment as well.

Dalkore

Hosting: Low as $60.00 per KW - Link
Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
underminer

Not for hire.

View Profile
November 14, 2012, 12:15:23 AM

I'm confused by the above statement, it could go either way really.

johnwhitestar

Activity: 697
Merit: 262

Slimcoin - the Proof of Donation inventors!

View Profile
November 14, 2012, 12:17:26 AM

I was waiting obsi to come back under another nick Wink He took "only" 40.000$ from his investors.

Buffer Overflow
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2012, 12:45:03 AM

Who exactly is this "we" --you mean the royal "we" ?  Grin

Anyway, like I said, you don't know what the word "implication" means.  If you tell someone what they are doing is wrong or incorrect you are, in effect, telling them what to do.

(You fucking tard.)

Oh dear, personal insults. You've now lost your temper. This also has the unfortunate side-effect of you losing control of the argument as well.

I've kept a cool head and now firmly in charge. (No swearing from this side.)

I'll let you stew for a bit now, perhaps give you chance to think of some more backpedaling ideas to dig yourself out of the hole you've dug today.

underminer

Not for hire.

View Profile
November 14, 2012, 12:53:31 AM

Uh yeah you do that.

Dalkore
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2012, 02:09:06 AM
Last edit: November 14, 2012, 03:42:03 AM by Dalkore

I'm confused by the above statement, it could go either way really.

Yes it could, my above comments shows shows some possibility of it being legit.   At that point you need to add in all the history we have of offers on this forum.  When you do that, 95% it is a scam in the long-run.  That is why I quoted the above Sr. member.   Either way, he should understand that with him taking a stance in this business venture, he is doing more harm in the long-run because he is giving a likely scam, credence.  Also, the OP has not posted here so I assume, he has run off or is strategizing how to handle these comments.  The longer we hear nothing, the more this goes to the 100% scam column.  

Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
underminer

Not for hire.

View Profile
November 14, 2012, 02:30:39 AM

Maybe English is not your first language?  I am just having trouble with the grammar.

If something is being called a scam and I choose to spend my own money to check it out--I can.  I am not using your money or investor's money.  If I lose it then it is on me, and I am the only one to pay the consequences.  I don't see how this topic is so muddled.  I haven't left feedback in the honest traders section on this transaction and won't (it's too small for me to think its warranted) only here and another thread or two that I did indeed make a very small return.  I am not contributing in a big way to the op's rep, indeed I think being called a "senior member" by Dalkore pretty much shows how manipulable "rep" is on this forum.  I freely admit and would like you idiots to take notice pf the fact that I have not been here very long.  You don't trust me?  Fine.  I don't trust anyone: I simply believe people are or are not more likely to behave one way or another based on circumstance.  I think a lot of people are blowing fuses over a very minor issue here.  I would be making a checklist of people to avoid doing business with here on the future, but I don't believe any of the naysayers in this thread *do* any biz on the forums but choosing instead to bay like donkeys.  (And accuse me of being dishonest, while advising me to hide my "associations"--its maybe 70 cents shut up already.)

Dalkore
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2012, 03:40:47 AM

Maybe English is not your first language?  I am just having trouble with the grammar.

If something is being called a scam and I choose to spend my own money to check it out--I can.  I am not using your money or investor's money.  If I lose it then it is on me, and I am the only one to pay the consequences.  I don't see how this topic is so muddled.  I haven't left feedback in the honest traders section on this transaction and won't (it's too small for me to think its warranted) only here and another thread or two that I did indeed make a very small return.  I am not contributing in a big way to the op's rep, indeed I think being called a "senior member" by Dalkore pretty much shows how manipulable "rep" is on this forum.  I freely admit and would like you idiots to take notice pf the fact that I have not been here very long.  You don't trust me?  Fine.  I don't trust anyone: I simply believe people are or are not more likely to behave one way or another based on circumstance.  I think a lot of people are blowing fuses over a very minor issue here.  I would be making a checklist of people to avoid doing business with here on the future, but I don't believe any of the naysayers in this thread *do* any biz on the forums but choosing instead to bay like donkeys.  (And accuse me of being dishonest, while advising me to hide my "associations"--its maybe 70 cents shut up already.)

I actually quoted another member that is a "Sr. Member" as well, sorry about the confusion.   

Just to address your comment, you are free too do whatever you like.   In the same token, I am free to comment on these posts as well.  After seeing every offer go bust, I have watched this sub-forum very closely, along with the Securities section. 

If we just sit back and let people get ripped off, then it will just continue to discredit any legitimate investments.   This one falls into the likely scam arena very easily.   

DoomDumas
Legendary

Activity: 1002
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin

View Profile
November 14, 2012, 04:42:12 AM

Is this serious ?  Sadly, I'm sure there are still plenty of bitcoin user that will behave like decapitated chiken and will embrasse this so scammy offer !

PLEASE :

Buffer Overflow
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2012, 07:33:35 AM
Last edit: November 14, 2012, 07:55:52 AM by Buffer Overflow

LOL  Cheesy

I've just counted 8 out of a possible 9 ponzi indicators in this thread. The only missing one is #9, having a pass-thru.
You obviously:

1) Haven't read it properly, or
2) Trying to encourage others to invest by installing false information.

8 out of 9. Must be legit. LOL  Roll Eyes
I'm beginning to lose the will to live. Tongue

caffeinewriter

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 05:14:22 PM

I'm beginning to lose the will to live. Tongue

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I don't think you quite understand how hard I laughed when a nike commercial came on right after a suicide prevention one.

Anyways, back on topic, he hasn't been on in 4 days, despite today being "payday". So he may have run off with my money, just like all of you said. Anyways, if he does come back, I'm withdrawing my money this week. If not, I should have listened to you. *shrugs*

underminer

Not for hire.

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 05:42:08 PM

I'll bet .5 he pays caffeine if not today tomorrow.  Any takers?

caffeinewriter

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 07:19:48 PM

I'll bet .5 he pays caffeine if not today tomorrow.  Any takers?

Don't have money, I spent most of it on an ad campaign, and the rest is invested Tongue I'll be sure to keep you guys up to date.

EDIT: If you think I'm some big spender... *chuckles* I'm terrible at saving Bitcoins ^_^ I only had .2 invested with him total. If he doesn't pay by Monday, I'm filing a scam report.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: