Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 07:13:52 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why they hate so much bitcoin? Vitalik Buterin fud in IBT  (Read 1632 times)
ashour

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 10:53:44 PM

I think that Vitalik may have a point. Bitcoin companies grew beyond bitcoin, bitcoin companies/startups thought that bitcoin would soon replace credit cards as payment methods, and decided to build bitcoin companies. But bitcoin didn't grew as much as they thought it would.

Irrational expectations grew out of the $1000-bubble. Those investing above $500 are certainly in a state of depression and now question Bitcoin as a whole. Bitcoin is growing constantly, but it's not growing parabolic. If you ask me, the current depression is healthy to clean up the market for the next bubble... Cheesy

Vitalik of course has his own agenda with ethereum, which competes with Bitcoin. So I would take his comments with a grain of salt. Although I think he is an intelligent engineer, I doubt that his project will have general success, because it lacks current demand and all investment gravitates towards the strongest coin. Bitcoin will implement ethereum features - if needed - at a later point as part of a sidechain...

ya.ya.yo!

Vitalik certainly has his own agenda with ethereum but I still believe that he has a point.

There are certainly some disappointments. The whole Bitpay business model of signing up merchants as a payment processor has been a bit of a dud for example.

Saying it hasn't grown is a bit crazy/FUD/agenda, in any way other than the price though. In terms of support from companies building on it, there has been tremendous growth, and the comment earlier in this thread about people using it for international transfers and payments is spot on. Bitcoin did not turn into the next Visa or Paypal overnight as some hoped, but it is finding its own path, and the growth is there.

Companies like bitpay, VC's and other startups overestimated the growth of bitcoin. I think that Bitpay is just ahead of bitcoin, and that is why it struggles.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 10:56:43 PM

I think that Vitalik may have a point. Bitcoin companies grew beyond bitcoin, bitcoin companies/startups thought that bitcoin would soon replace credit cards as payment methods, and decided to build bitcoin companies. But bitcoin didn't grew as much as they thought it would.

Irrational expectations grew out of the $1000-bubble. Those investing above $500 are certainly in a state of depression and now question Bitcoin as a whole. Bitcoin is growing constantly, but it's not growing parabolic. If you ask me, the current depression is healthy to clean up the market for the next bubble... Cheesy

Vitalik of course has his own agenda with ethereum, which competes with Bitcoin. So I would take his comments with a grain of salt. Although I think he is an intelligent engineer, I doubt that his project will have general success, because it lacks current demand and all investment gravitates towards the strongest coin. Bitcoin will implement ethereum features - if needed - at a later point as part of a sidechain...

ya.ya.yo!

Vitalik certainly has his own agenda with ethereum but I still believe that he has a point.

There are certainly some disappointments. The whole Bitpay business model of signing up merchants as a payment processor has been a bit of a dud for example.

Saying it hasn't grown is a bit crazy/FUD/agenda, in any way other than the price though. In terms of support from companies building on it, there has been tremendous growth, and the comment earlier in this thread about people using it for international transfers and payments is spot on. Bitcoin did not turn into the next Visa or Paypal overnight as some hoped, but it is finding its own path, and the growth is there.

Companies like bitpay, VC's and other startups overestimated the growth of bitcoin. I think that Bitpay is just ahead of bitcoin, and that is why it struggles.

I disagree about Bitpay specifically, but that's why they make chocolate and vanilla. Although I suppose you might reasonably say they are far ahead of Bitcoin, which is more or less the same thing I said. But I expect them to either do a hard pivot away from being a merchant payment processor or fail. Some of the other startups may have also overestimated growth in the shadow of the previous pump, but many are not as far off the mark as Bitpay's core business.

Anyway, I agree Vitalik's statements were either FUD/agenda (which I suspect anyway -- see my previous post) or quoted out of context. Either way they are misleading and largely incorrect.
Zarathustra
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 12:08:58 PM

For the last three years i have involved in Bitcoin community the mosth strange think that i never understand is why person that have grow from Bitcoin and that everything that do now is from bitcoin the turn against it and they spread fud for it.
Yesterday have read an article from international Business Times "Vitalik Buterin theorises about monetising an Ethereum browser, the price of Bitcoin and education in China". Was an interview from Vitalik Buterin a  bitcoin pioneer and now the ethereum genius or something like that.
The interview has dozens of fud from Vitalik to the Bitcoin.
I will arrange some of them..

"Bitcoin itself, and that includes both Bitcoin as a currency and for payments and Bitcoin as a store of value – it really hasn't grown.

"The price is down 80%.

And his coin's price is down 60% against Bitcoin.
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 12:35:44 PM

You cannot possibly claim to be interested in protecting Bitcoin from attack.

You're interested in a different system to Bitcoin; you want Mike Hearn's GovCoin. Go protect that nonsense.

Vires in numeris
meono

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 01:18:19 PM

You cannot possibly claim to be interested in protecting Bitcoin from attack.

You're interested in a different system to Bitcoin; you want Mike Hearn's GovCoin. Go protect that nonsense.

Really? you continue with this old song?

Your trolling is getting old, dumb fuck
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 02:02:37 PM

We have 3600 new bitcoin in each 24 hours that means 877.300 dollar that get in bitcoin economy every day. And to keep the price in such high value you need someone to buy almost the half of them.

Legend:

GREEN - True
RED - False
ORANGE - Questionable
VCLChief

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 11:08:29 PM

First rule of investing is Don't get emotional about it. It clouds your judgement.  Why should we be in love with Bitcoin, the crypto industry, decentralization, all of the above, non of the above?  I think the broader perspective is positioning ourselves for what ever happens next. Maximize profits, minimize losses make wise choices.
maokoto

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2015, 11:45:52 PM

We have 3600 new bitcoin in each 24 hours that means 877.300 dollar that get in bitcoin economy every day. And to keep the price in such high value you need someone to buy almost the half of them.

Legend:

GREEN - True
RED - False
ORANGE - Questionable

Great chart!. Bitcoin is certainly growing. I am one of the persons who recently came in  Grin

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: