Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:19:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fanduel/Draft Kings  (Read 1126 times)
leex1528 (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 01:51:39 AM

Is anyone trying to this?  I would also like to know if anyone has direct contact with this company and maybe we could implement some sort of Bitcoin payment/buy in?  I have been doing Fan duel this year for my first time, it is actually pretty fun and you can win some decent money if you get lucky

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phildo
Legendary

Activity: 1526

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 04:42:47 AM

Be careful with these. some people are paying a lot more attention to how to win these than you would think, and that's even before we get into shady shit.

Like last week, a draft kings employee that can see (and leak) everyone's lineup before tournaments start coincidentally won 350k on fanduel.
yanka50

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 05:10:07 AM

Are these websites international or only for people in the USA?
unholycactus
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1023

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2015, 05:22:32 AM

Draftkings is Canada/US only.

@OP adding a Bitcoin payment option for these companies (especially if they are based in the US) represents a legal hassle.
Volume won't be big enough to make it a considerable option/development.
leex1528 (OP)

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 04:27:36 PM

Be careful with these. some people are paying a lot more attention to how to win these than you would think, and that's even before we get into shady shit.

Like last week, a draft kings employee that can see (and leak) everyone's lineup before tournaments start coincidentally won 350k on fanduel.

I understand use caution with everything, but I personally don't see what the big deal is if a lineup gets leaked, it doesn't mean the players are going to perform better or worse right?
yanka50

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 04:34:40 PM

@OP adding a Bitcoin payment option for these companies (especially if they are based in the US) represents a legal hassle.
And what about Fanduel do they allow people from Europe to play there?
unholycactus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2015, 04:51:10 PM

And what about Fanduel do they allow people from Europe to play there?

From their FAQ:

You must be 18 years of age or over and a resident in the USA or Canada.

Unfortunately, if you are a resident of:

Arizona
Iowa
Louisiana
Montana
Washington
You cannotplay FanDuel for real money (sorry, go picket your state senate).

For more information, please read our terms of use.

So it's the same thing for both Draftkings and FanDuel.

From the TOS:

In order to deposit money to play paid entry games you must be able to represent and warrant that:

you are of 18 years of age or older
you are a citizen or resident of the United States of America or Canada and that you have an address in the United States of America or Canada;
you are physically located in the United States of America or Canada and reside in a jurisdiction in which participation in any contest you choose to participate in is not prohibited by applicable law;
you are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties;
you will abide at all times by these Terms of Use and any other agreements between you and FanDuel regarding your use of the Service or participation in games; and
you are not a resident of any of the following states: Arizona, Iowa, Louisiana, Montana or Washington.
you are not subject to backup withholding tax because: (a) you are exempt from backup withholding, or (b) you have not been notified by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) that you are subject to backup withholding as a result of a failure to report all interest or dividends, or (c) the IRS has notified you that you are no longer subject to backup withholding.
yanka50

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 05:01:45 PM

Are there any fantasy league websites that allow people from Europe?
unholycactus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2015, 05:06:52 PM

Are there any fantasy league websites that allow people from Europe?

I wouldn't be able to tell you and anyways it's very country specific. What you should do is inform yourself on what the law is like in yours and then check if there are any services available.
Some European countries have very restrictive laws regarding online gambling.
Phildo
Legendary

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 06:50:42 PM

I understand use caution with everything, but I personally don't see what the big deal is if a lineup gets leaked, it doesn't mean the players are going to perform better or worse right?

If the staff can see lineups in time to set lineups themselves it can cause lots of problems.

First, they can copy lineups from the better players, and they know who the better players are because they have access to records.

Also, part of the thing with these fantasy sites is that you need a relatively unique lineup. If two qbs are close in skill level, and one is used by 40% of the players and one is used by 2%, you would want to take the 2% because then you have less people to beat if that qb has a big game. Having the same lineup as everyone else makes it a lot harder to win big prizes because you can't beat those players.
leex1528 (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 05:00:49 PM

If the staff can see lineups in time to set lineups themselves it can cause lots of problems.

First, they can copy lineups from the better players, and they know who the better players are because they have access to records.

Also, part of the thing with these fantasy sites is that you need a relatively unique lineup. If two qbs are close in skill level, and one is used by 40% of the players and one is used by 2%, you would want to take the 2% because then you have less people to beat if that qb has a big game. Having the same lineup as everyone else makes it a lot harder to win big prizes because you can't beat those players.

I understand all that, but the problem I am seeing with your logic is, the players still have to perform.  I honestly don't believe there is any scamming/cheating going on at these sites.  The NFL players still have to perform, and that is going to be luck, not skill for the most part.
ChrisStewart5

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 07:54:48 PM

We are currently building a DFS site solely dedicated to Bitcoin. Its called ExtraPoint. We currently in beta with head-to-head matchups only supported. You could try out a matchup tonight for the Monday Night game. We have games that range from 1 mBTC to 0.1 BTC. Shoot me a PM if you are interested.
leex1528 (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 07:59:42 PM

We are currently building a DFS site solely dedicated to Bitcoin. Its called ExtraPoint. We currently in beta with head-to-head matchups only supported. You could try out a matchup tonight for the Monday Night game. We have games that range from 1 mBTC to 0.1 BTC. Shoot me a PM if you are interested.

I would be willing to try it, do you have any promotions at all that I can use for free to try it out?  How many players do you currently have in beta and are playing regularly?
ChrisStewart5

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 08:11:56 PM

I would be willing to try it, do you have any promotions at all that I can use for free to try it out?  How many players do you currently have in beta and are playing regularly?

We are in the very early stage with about 10 - 15 registered users. Mostly friends to help iron out any bugs that might occur. We are just starting to feel more comfortable with public promotion. Since this was a relevant thread I thought I might post in here and see if anyone was interested.

If you register I'll fund your bitcoin address on your account with 2 mBTC to try out :-). Let me know what your email address is.
Phildo
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 11:16:24 PM

I understand all that, but the problem I am seeing with your logic is, the players still have to perform.  I honestly don't believe there is any scamming/cheating going on at these sites.  The NFL players still have to perform, and that is going to be luck, not skill for the most part.

There is definitely skill in picking the correct players. Just like there is skillin betting on sports correctly. Yes, there is luck involved,especially in regards to injuries and whatnot, but there is lots of skill.

Let's imagine I'm playing you in a head to head contest, do you not see how it would be to your advantage to know my lineup before making yours?

It's the same with knowing people's picks in a survivor pool. If there are 10 people in the pool, and I know the other 9 all picked the Giants, I would pick any team besides the giants, because if my team wins and the giants lose I win the pool, whereas if I pick the giants I have a 0% chance of winning the pool this week. Same thing applies to this. If you have the same lineup as someone else, you can't win. If you know what people are picking, you increase your odds of winning by being able to make a unique lineup.
Blawpaw
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 01:21:33 AM

Hum. It smells pretty fishy. You better watch out with this kind gambling. There are a lot of scammy sites in the world of gaming. And Fantasy football doesn't seem to be a good bet to me... it can be easily manipulated.
leex1528 (OP)

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 03:11:59 AM

There is definitely skill in picking the correct players. Just like there is skillin betting on sports correctly. Yes, there is luck involved,especially in regards to injuries and whatnot, but there is lots of skill.

Let's imagine I'm playing you in a head to head contest, do you not see how it would be to your advantage to know my lineup before making yours?

It's the same with knowing people's picks in a survivor pool. If there are 10 people in the pool, and I know the other 9 all picked the Giants, I would pick any team besides the giants, because if my team wins and the giants lose I win the pool, whereas if I pick the giants I have a 0% chance of winning the pool this week. Same thing applies to this. If you have the same lineup as someone else, you can't win. If you know what people are picking, you increase your odds of winning by being able to make a unique lineup.

Definitely true.  I guess it does have some thinking to do.  Currently I am playing it in a 5 dollar tournament, I am placed around 1400 out of 500,000 people.  i am supposed to win $125 dollars so we will see if it pays out.  I guess I will not be depositing more money in here just in case. 
Phildo
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 03:48:08 AM

Definitely true.  I guess it does have some thinking to do.  Currently I am playing it in a 5 dollar tournament, I am placed around 1400 out of 500,000 people.  i am supposed to win $125 dollars so we will see if it pays out.  I guess I will not be depositing more money in here just in case. 

That's fine, have fun, but I don't suggest investing big money in these sites, there are too many issues. People are digging into this mess from last week and finding more. The 50th ranked player according to rotogrinders works for fanduel. Amazing that he can do that only playing on 1 site, seems like he's throwing money away by not being able to play on fanduel.

I got scared off when I was doing research for my baseball draft. Read an article (in march) claiming that a guy was pretty bad, but keep him in mind at home, against lefties, in July and August when it's super humid. that clued me in that people were paying serious attention. That, plus the ease of putting in multiple lineups/entering every contest really turned me off before this shady stuff sprung up.

When I played online poker I didn't really have to worry about Phil Ivey taking all my money (at the table, not from Full tilt) because I wasn't playing high enough for him to waste his time on my. You do need to worry about the Phil Ivey of DFS taking your money because once he figures out what lineups he wants, it's very easy for him to enter it in every contest that he can find.
unholycactus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2015, 05:04:33 PM

That's fine, have fun, but I don't suggest investing big money in these sites, there are too many issues. People are digging into this mess from last week and finding more. The 50th ranked player according to rotogrinders works for fanduel. Amazing that he can do that only playing on 1 site, seems like he's throwing money away by not being able to play on fanduel.

I got scared off when I was doing research for my baseball draft. Read an article (in march) claiming that a guy was pretty bad, but keep him in mind at home, against lefties, in July and August when it's super humid. that clued me in that people were paying serious attention. That, plus the ease of putting in multiple lineups/entering every contest really turned me off before this shady stuff sprung up.

When I played online poker I didn't really have to worry about Phil Ivey taking all my money (at the table, not from Full tilt) because I wasn't playing high enough for him to waste his time on my. You do need to worry about the Phil Ivey of DFS taking your money because once he figures out what lineups he wants, it's very easy for him to enter it in every contest that he can find.

It's a bit unfair to compare it to poker. Game selection is very important part of poker, all you need to make money is to play against people who are worse than you.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: