Bitcoin Forum
August 31, 2024, 01:25:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: This thread will be published in book form. Feel free to contribute.  (Read 381 times)
Gleb Gamow (OP)
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 05:47:00 AM

Working title:

THIS: Musings Gleaned From a Forum Thread

If you post in this thread and it's deemed worthy of inclusion, you will be credit via your user name unless desiring to be anonymous or providing some other name per instructions in your post(s).

<I might as well get the monetary aspect out of the way now.>

We'll split the profits proportionally. E.g., if the book is 300 pages and you have 10 posts included, you'll be entitled to 1/30th of the profits. At this penning, I think I'll max any one person's (including myself) to 1/30th of the profits, with any one person contributing 15 posts max. Sockpuppetry will be handled accordingly, so if used, make sure there's no connections to each other.

Newbie and Jr Member status members would be able to participate, but would only be able to earn a maximum of 1% of the profits.

Feel free to submit as many posts you desire, but try not to post back-to-back.

I feel we should leave all mention of cryptocurrencies out of the equation with the exception of from where (this Bitcoin forum, BitcoinTalk) the content was sourced. Exceptions to this rule may prevail, so, again, feel free to post as you wish.

I'm toying with allowing you to post a bitcoin wallet address for inclusion on a book's page, with the same address used for the paying out of profits mentioned above. Open for discussion.

Please refrain from posting anything deemed risqué, but if you do, chances are it'll be skipped over, thus not included.

The book pages will be exactly ordered as when the posts were submitted.

The book will consist of ~300 pages minimum and first published as a hardcover.

Your entire post must fit within the confines of a single page, albeit possible latitude may be granted depending on its content.

Any images in a post must be accompanied with text and subject to copyright laws.

Please pen as grammatically correct as possible, with posts being edited for said for clarity purposes only. Major editing will be kept to a bare minimum.

There is no theme to the book, so virtually anything goes provided, again, there's nothing deemed risqué.

Please use preceding posts for inspiration only so not to have subsequent pages reflect any given subject.

This space reserved for further criteria when such is warranted.

I'll start by submitting the following for inclusion as the very first page (inspired by the source of this post: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=55701.msg12595474#msg12595474):

How Edward Gibbon's The History of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire was conceived:

"My temper is not very susceptible of enthusiasm, and the enthusiasm which I do not feel I have ever scorned to affect. But... at the distance of twenty-five years I can neither forget nor express the strong emotions which agitated my mind as I first approached and entered the eternal City. After a sleepless night, I trod, with a lofty step the ruins of the Forum; each memorable spot where Romulus stood, or Tully spoke, or Caesar fell, was at once present to my eye; and several days of intoxication were lost or enjoyed before I could descend to a cool and minute investigation." Here at last his long yearning for some great theme worthy of his historic genius was gratified. The first conception of the Decline and Fall arose as he lingered one evening amidst the vestiges of ancient glory. "It was at Rome, on the 15th of October 1764, as I sat musing amidst the ruins of the Capitol, while the barefooted fryars were singing Vespers in the temple of Jupiter that the idea of writing the decline and fall of the City first started to my mind."

<this aside not included: I just realized that the above subconsciously inspired the working subtitle of the book, viz. the use of the words "musing" and "forum">
Gleb Gamow (OP)
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 05:47:24 AM

<reserve>
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 3118

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2015, 05:51:04 AM

<reserved for something epic>

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
Gleb Gamow (OP)
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 05:55:05 AM

<reserved for something epic>

<did you know that's there's a thread depicting that you and I are related?>

<BTW, good idea in reserving a prime spot while seeking something epic. wait, why the fuck am I talking to myself?>

<put all asides within these arrow thingies, as so demonstrated>

Also, feel free to ask questions in standard fashion, for such won't be included in the book. Same true any suggestions you may have, including the book's title.
recklessrager

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 06:36:40 AM

I cannot destroy you. I have tried
Relentlessly, Tirelessly.
But still you reign.
I have scorched my mind, my body, my soul
trying to burn you away-
I only succeeded in burning myself.
I swung at you with fists, struck at you with feet
I bit you, strangled you, pummeled you
But still you stand Taunting my failure.
I lay defeated, no will left to fight.
You reach out and flick me back into darkness.
Easy.
You laugh.
I am weak.
How Amusing.

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~720 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
Gleb Gamow (OP)
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 06:41:44 AM

I cannot destroy you. I have tried
Relentlessly, Tirelessly.
But still you reign.
I have scorched my mind, my body, my soul
trying to burn you away-
I only succeeded in burning myself.
I swung at you with fists, struck at you with feet
I bit you, strangled you, pummeled you
But still you stand Taunting my failure.
I lay defeated, no will left to fight.
You reach out and flick me back into darkness.
Easy.
You laugh.
I am weak.
How Amusing.

<Excellent! And it seems original. Looks like we have our third inclusion, right after Vod's soon-to-be-penned-epic submission.>
recklessrager

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 06:49:47 AM

<of course original =D
awesome! cant wait to watch this evolve>

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~720 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
Gleb Gamow (OP)
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 08:18:12 PM

<of course original =D
awesome! cant wait to watch this evolve>

Example Maths:

The book profits $1,000,000.
The book is 400 pages.
Every entry (read: book page) is worth $2,500.

That figured said, get to posting something epic for inclusion. I, for one, will make sure I get my minimum ten posts included.

The more epic your post, the better the chances for acceptance.
EthanB

Activity: 462
Merit: 336

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 08:26:55 PM

<Reserve out of interest while I think of something Smiley>
Gleb Gamow (OP)
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 08:38:58 PM

That's the spirit!

Remember, all, don't be shy in asking questions or offering up suggestions.
EthanB

Activity: 462
Merit: 336

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 08:50:38 PM

That's the spirit!

<Just so I know I'm not missing something.. This is pretty much just random "epic" compilation? >
Gleb Gamow (OP)
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 08:50:59 PM

"Silo Mervin, the first and last time I was on the Internet, I went to The Google and typed in "this". I assume that's why you and I are now included in some crowdsource book."
Gleb Gamow (OP)
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 08:51:34 PM

That's the spirit!

<Just so I know I'm not missing something.. This is pretty much just random "epic" compilation? >

That is correct. The more random and epic, the better.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: