Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:05:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: You want the assurance goes from 90 days to 365?  (Voting closed: October 30, 2015, 08:44:28 AM)
absolutely yes - 23 (41.1%)
absolutely no - 6 (10.7%)
is indifferent - 4 (7.1%)
180 day - 23 (41.1%)
Total Voters: 56

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A new poll for product warranties Bitmain  (Read 2629 times)
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 05:42:02 PM

Well there shouldn't be that many miner breaking down and needing to be replaced, but if so then yes. They need to be able to fulfill their warranty anyways, and having miners offline on shelves waiting to be used as replacement for buyers isint really good because its wasted value.

So they should mine with them. People would get used part replacement but then you're sure they're working right.

From what i understand right now, Bitmain have you ship back your miner and they try to fix it, then ship it back, sometime they mess up and forget parts and do not fix it. Overall its a pretty abysmal quality of service.

The problem with this is people who have had bad luck on their returns stick out and get much more attention.  As humans less people go on forums and say thanks for X RMA.  But if problem very good chance it goes to board.

I have had good experience's with bitmain.  I was out of warranty period on S3 needed a controller that was not brick I paid them for it and they shipped it quickly to me.  Now the C1 was syscooling but yes I had horrible experience there.

And I'm not a suck up on bitmain.   But i think they are getting a bad wrap.  No doubt some of the stories we hear they deserve it.  But the stories we don't hear and the machines that keep working they don't get the credit for those.

I'm sure this is not what people want to hear or know.  If anything they are getting more tightened on warranty.  Look at S5+ they shipped with every unit and sent paper - https://bitmain.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/206312085-New-S5-Hong-Kong-China-Warranty-  .  Basically if you want to modify it and do not get permission you broke warranty.  If you use 2 instead of 3 PCIe you break warranty.   The list goes on.  But I think they will get more tightened if current continues, and not go the way of more day's and better RMA.

Well i hope so, but i can't see RMA/customer service being proper for returns when the only way to get it replaced if its broken is usually sending the part back if under warranty, which may cost as much as just buying a replacement part? Hence its not really a warranty if you need to pay for it?

And yeah i guess i shouldn't place my opinion based on what i hear, but i think the aforementioned issue is objectively based.

My S3 was out of warranty they did me a favor of selling me one. If it was in warranty I would have shipped back and got new one through RMA process.   

Sending back the part would have been cheaper then what I paid.  I think it was like 35-40 dollars.  So if in warranty you could have shipped controller in for less then that.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 07:17:17 PM

Well there shouldn't be that many miner breaking down and needing to be replaced, but if so then yes. They need to be able to fulfill their warranty anyways, and having miners offline on shelves waiting to be used as replacement for buyers isint really good because its wasted value.

So they should mine with them. People would get used part replacement but then you're sure they're working right.

From what i understand right now, Bitmain have you ship back your miner and they try to fix it, then ship it back, sometime they mess up and forget parts and do not fix it. Overall its a pretty abysmal quality of service.

The problem with this is people who have had bad luck on their returns stick out and get much more attention.  As humans less people go on forums and say thanks for X RMA.  But if problem very good chance it goes to board.

I have had good experience's with bitmain.  I was out of warranty period on S3 needed a controller that was not brick I paid them for it and they shipped it quickly to me.  Now the C1 was syscooling but yes I had horrible experience there.

And I'm not a suck up on bitmain.   But i think they are getting a bad wrap.  No doubt some of the stories we hear they deserve it.  But the stories we don't hear and the machines that keep working they don't get the credit for those.

I'm sure this is not what people want to hear or know.  If anything they are getting more tightened on warranty.  Look at S5+ they shipped with every unit and sent paper - https://bitmain.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/206312085-New-S5-Hong-Kong-China-Warranty-  .  Basically if you want to modify it and do not get permission you broke warranty.  If you use 2 instead of 3 PCIe you break warranty.   The list goes on.  But I think they will get more tightened if current continues, and not go the way of more day's and better RMA.

Well i hope so, but i can't see RMA/customer service being proper for returns when the only way to get it replaced if its broken is usually sending the part back if under warranty, which may cost as much as just buying a replacement part? Hence its not really a warranty if you need to pay for it?

And yeah i guess i shouldn't place my opinion based on what i hear, but i think the aforementioned issue is objectively based.

My S3 was out of warranty they did me a favor of selling me one. If it was in warranty I would have shipped back and got new one through RMA process.   

Sending back the part would have been cheaper then what I paid.  I think it was like 35-40 dollars.  So if in warranty you could have shipped controller in for less then that.

But if the problem is a blade or two and you need to ship back the whole thing? Might be okay for a 1700$ miner, but for a 100$ miner? Not so much imo. Or a 250$ S5 might still not be worth the 100$ shipping. Then again probably none of these miners are still under warranty, but still, what if its a small U3? Shipping back is probably the same as buying a new one.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 07:55:58 PM

snip
But if the problem is a blade or two and you need to ship back the whole thing? Might be okay for a 1700$ miner, but for a 100$ miner? Not so much imo. Or a 250$ S5 might still not be worth the 100$ shipping. Then again probably none of these miners are still under warranty, but still, what if its a small U3? Shipping back is probably the same as buying a new one.

Are you sure they don't allow shipping blades back?  I know they have tightened warranty some.  But I would think shipment of bad blades is still allowed.

I could be wrong though as been a while since dealing with a bitmain RMA.  Are they really making you ship the entire unit when you know for sure it it's a hashing blade?
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 08:02:35 PM

snip

Are you sure they don't allow shipping blades back?  I know they have tightened warranty some.  But I would think shipment of bad blades is still allowed.

I could be wrong though as been a while since dealing with a bitmain RMA.  Are they really making you ship the entire unit when you know for sure it it's a hashing blade?

Well again, i guess i'm biased. I didn't do it myself, but heres the story;

The half working antminer S5 i bought, previously had to be shipped in it entirety to Bitmain because of one bad blade. Then later on he received it back  and it was missing the black metal bracket thing you screw the controller in and then into the heatsink that hold the controller in place and prevent the miner from being wobbly.

And no part had been replaced, the dead PCB was still dead.

So i can try to not be biased and call Bitmain incompetent for this, but the fact still remain its easy to assume that you're required to send the whole miner back. And to be fair, in the best case scenario, you still had to pay for RMA, which isin't really what you'd want from hardware on warranty.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
marvykkio (OP)

Activity: 798

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 08:16:16 PM

I asked to buy bitmain 2 blades, was paying them because my miners have five months, and are out of warranty, but bitmain told me that no longer produce pcb S5, and I had to look on amazon or ebay.
a response of shit,

And I repeat to say, chips are built with poor material, that's why they are cheap.

Now I bought a used PCB, from Tupsu, a user of the forum here, I'm waiting for is that I get.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 09:26:29 PM

I asked to buy bitmain 2 blades, was paying them because my miners have five months, and are out of warranty, but bitmain told me that no longer produce pcb S5, and I had to look on amazon or ebay.
a response of shit,

And I repeat to say, chips are built with poor material, that's why they are cheap.

Now I bought a used PCB, from Tupsu, a user of the forum here, I'm waiting for is that I get.

Can you link to anything to support chips are of poor quality?  Just seems like a big accusation.    It seems like other things could fry a board that chips can't be a catch all.

Where are you getting info on chip material?
marvykkio (OP)

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 05:20:48 AM

I have no information about the chip, but I assure you that are built with poor materials,
I can understand that in the first batch which is bad, but they do not in any lot.
have you ever wondered why bitmain like many Chinese only give 90 days warranty? do you really think that Chinese policy? in everything you buy of any material guarantee is 24 months or 12 months. 90 days does not exist in any part of the world.
all users who bought S5 had PCB faulty, or burned, regardless if they have the frequency 350, or 400 ,.

tries to open a poll, and see how many people have pcb not working.
few are the people who have been lucky not to have problems, 10% without problems, and 90% defective material.

that's why I say that the material of the chip is poor and cheap.
looks at the power that sells bitmain, as ever with that gives you 365 warranty?
and the miner 90?

listens to the problem is not the guarantee, the problem is that if a user after his warranty is over, must have the possibility (paying) to buy new spare parts. at least for 24 months you can find spare parts (new) is not used as bitmain, who sent pcb used.
I do not understand you it seems that you agree that if you break your miner, for failure to take the chip and set aside Shocked
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 05:27:48 AM

I have no information about the chip, but I assure you that are built with poor materials,
snip

I just am not sure as look at the gekko science compac - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1173963.0 .  It runs a BM chip and is rock solid.  I have been putting them through overclocks, and sidehack and novak did an insane OC.  So I don't think we can say the chips are cheap material they do work.   I mention this miner just as I have had so much fun playing with it.

They do normally preform to spec on their chips.  Their S7 was not good for them on this.  They now have two batches next as some did under-preform but on first batches sometimes that does happen.

I have had a LOT of mining gear and only 1 bad blade from Bitmain.  It was a C1 after a few months.  So I guess my experience is just a little happier/better then what yours has been. 

I'm not saying your not valid.  Or that I'm right great quality.  Just that you really cannot lump all chips  together. 
marvykkio (OP)

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 05:38:03 AM

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Perhaps you are part of the 10% of the lucky Smiley
marvykkio (OP)

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 05:39:36 AM

do you think you can fix the pcb?
What burns normally?
marvykkio (OP)

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 05:50:26 AM

this and the pcb, and the other is mounted on the miners, but is off, is disconnected, equal to this

U101
marvykkio (OP)

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 05:52:05 AM

Now I'm waiting for arrives pcb I bought from Tupsu, when comes the mount, and see what happens
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 07:11:22 AM

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Perhaps you are part of the 10% of the lucky Smiley

Again you make up numbers like the 10 percent.  I wish you would remain with true facts not generalizations. I can understand you are not happy with bitmain, had a bad experience.   But I suggest sticking to points you can back up with facts, those are what will hold power.

And I might be a lucky one.   Or it might have something to do with treating all my miners nice.  During summer I pumped tons of CFM though them to get hot air out.   I successfully mined all summer with no problems (other then 1 c1 board).
marvykkio (OP)

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 07:17:53 AM

You saw the photo of the PCB? as you think

You saw the photo of the PCB? as it seems?
according to your experience that definitely have much more knowledge than me, can you tell me what pcb seeing this? what can be the harm?
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 07:24:50 AM

You saw the photo of the PCB? as you think

You saw the photo of the PCB? as it seems?
according to your experience that definitely have much more knowledge than me, can you tell me what pcb seeing this? what can be the harm?

I never mentioned I had more knowledge.  I just said your argument would have more power if you stuck to something that is fact, not a made up number or generalize on all chips with zero proof.

I can not touch or do anything to PCB through a picture.  So I cannot really tell you much about it.  It really would need to be sent in somewhere, unless obvious reason is visible in picture. 

I'm not saying I'm all knowing.  Or that you having bad luck does not suck.  Just that you should use facts.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2015, 09:24:46 AM

have you ever wondered why bitmain like many Chinese only give 90 days warranty? do you really think that Chinese policy? in everything you buy of any material guarantee is 24 months or 12 months. 90 days does not exist in any part of the world.

All 3 companies that sell to the public have a 90 day warranty, including Spondoolies.

marvykkio (OP)

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 01:05:02 PM

sure, I know that all 3 companies give 90 days, in fact is wrong.
marvykkio (OP)

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 01:08:21 PM

how many pcb sp20 have burned?
how many pcb bitmain were burned?
and how many of the other company (I forget the name) were burned?

I always hear talk about problems with products bitmain,
or hardware problems, or you burn the PCB, or the controller does not work anymore
dimke_yu

Activity: 461
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2015, 02:00:54 PM

We can not know those numbers because we don`t know how many devices are sold in total. But from my conclusion Bitmain sold highest number of devices to general public unlike other companies. They have chosen that way and now because of lack of knowledge and low quality components they have angry customers. They are doing what they can to make things right but at the end they are for profit company and they will not do anything to compromise their profit. We can be angry, disapointed and with losess but they were and are still only company that is willing to sell their devices to general public.

marvykkio (OP)

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 02:29:13 PM

at least give the possibility to customers who bought the S5 can buy spare parts., do not give even a coupon for remedy,

do not respond to emails
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: