Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:48:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BitHIRE (HIRE) | Freelance Market | Microtipping | Adverts | Featured Gigs  (Read 45966 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
proletariat
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 06:08:51 PM

Ok, I should just explain how the escrow system works:

Freelancer accepts a job which is paid for up-front.
The money is then held until delivery of work AND there are no pending issues.
The freelancer has responsibility in ensuring the work delivered is as described in their advert.

Disputes will mean that the money is held in escrow until the disputes are resolved.

There won't be any restrictions on the size of jobs you are able to offer. If you are concerned that they will not pay, the site ensures that full payment is taken before the job is considered accepted.

There may be cases where continuous jobs are required for an on-going project. The site will allow you to create custom jobs if an incremental payment option is desirable.

RE bolded part:

Then, sadly, the coin solves nor proposes anything viable as it would be completely centralized trusting you with our funds, why use this instead of the multiple trusted freelancing websites? The whole point of cryptocurrencies is to be a trustless system.... decentralized.There are multisigs, smartcontracts etc that would be what a project like this would benefit from else I see no use, only extreme risk.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Preen (OP)

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 07:08:49 PM

Hi, just wondering if your service caters to recruiters looking to assemble a team of freelancers rather than just one

That's an interesting use case, but i'm not sure what you mean? Do you mean you want a project to be completed with different freelancers ?
swhyte60

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 07:14:34 PM

Hi, just wondering if your service caters to recruiters looking to assemble a team of freelancers rather than just one

That's an interesting use case, but i'm not sure what you mean? Do you mean you want a project to be completed with different freelancers ?

Well yes, for example I may need a web developer and someone to write whitepaper for a small business that I want to open
docker

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 07:18:49 PM

interesting project will read carefully the ann later
Preen (OP)

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 09:34:07 PM

The freelancer has responsibility in ensuring the work delivered is as described in their advert.

Disputes will mean that the money is held in escrow until the disputes are resolved.

There won't be any restrictions on the size of jobs you are able to offer. If you are concerned that they will not pay, the site ensures that full payment is taken before the job is considered accepted.

There may be cases where continuous jobs are required for an on-going project. The site will allow you to create custom jobs if an incremental payment option is desirable.

RE bolded part:

Then, sadly, the coin solves nor proposes anything viable as it would be completely centralized trusting you with our funds, why use this instead of the multiple trusted freelancing websites? The whole point of cryptocurrencies is to be a trustless system.... decentralized.There are multisigs, smartcontracts etc that would be what a project like this would benefit from else I see no use, only extreme risk.

We have not chosen to go the approach of developing a technically sound turing-complete scripting language for the coin to enable things like smart-contracts or even decentralised markets. Whilst you are right that our system is not a trustless one, it can be argued that almost every market where BTC is used as the medium of transaction sits on a secondary layer of trust aswell. The conscious choice was to create a service which we believe can operate on Crypto Currencies. The advantages over other payment solutions speak for themselves.

Like every trusted service, whether its localbitcoins, bittrex, bitfinex or even silk-road, each has had an opportunity to provide a stellar service that has earned them that trust. Following your logic, there really is no compelling reason as to why any functional redundancies of use for any bitcoin service exist at all - and yet they do.

We have a small yet humble beginning, and we're fine with building trust from the ground up. We realise that this will take time, but as i've already discussed with some other people in the thread, there are some really good use-cases which I don't see in other freelance services which we can build. So that is what we're going to do.

Preen (OP)

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 09:41:22 PM

Well yes, for example I may need a web developer and someone to write whitepaper for a small business that I want to open

I appreciate this might be useful, but in reality, collaboration between freelancers requires something that an automated system cannot provide. It requires project management, and a human element of cooperation. Just taking a web developer, and an academic separately to do the job required may suffice.

One alternative which we have talked about building is the job request feature, which is quite common on other sites. You would be able to write out what you need to have done, and let the freelancers choose whether they want to take up the job or not. In building this, it may be possible to implement a similar feature to what you're asking that allows you to delegate different parts of the project to different freelancers through offering different jobs under the same project.

Thanks for raising this though, as there is some merit to your feature request. I'll definitely have a good think about how to do this best.
mirkozz

Activity: 10

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 10:37:41 PM

hi who are the devs under this coin?

name and surname?

linkedin?

a page like this?
https://dev.ethereum.org/

how can I risk so much?
DrPaid

Activity: 157

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 11:02:59 PM

This could definitely be a hit. I could see the users over in the services section making use of this. I would like to see a bit more about this project though. Are there any listing limitations like fiverr? Will there be any milestone payment tools?
swhyte60

Activity: 20

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 11:45:58 PM

I appreciate this might be useful, but in reality, collaboration between freelancers requires something that an automated system cannot provide. It requires project management, and a human element of cooperation. Just taking a web developer, and an academic separately to do the job required may suffice.

One alternative which we have talked about building is the job request feature, which is quite common on other sites. You would be able to write out what you need to have done, and let the freelancers choose whether they want to take up the job or not. In building this, it may be possible to implement a similar feature to what you're asking that allows you to delegate different parts of the project to different freelancers through offering different jobs under the same project.

Thanks for raising this though, as there is some merit to your feature request. I'll definitely have a good think about how to do this best.

Much appreciated! I haven't seen any collaboration option for hiring multiple freelancers on all the platforms and networks that I know of so an implementation of this would be really useful.
Preen (OP)

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 05:10:46 AM

I'm gonna give this a shot. How much do we get paid after the fees come into place?

Appreciated! The fee's we're planning to take would be 5%. However we'll be looking at implementing ways of reducing that for freelancers with high activity, so the more popular your services are, the less fees!

Gotcha. Another question I have is, what would be the size of jobs that we could offer? For example if I wanted to offer some larger project that might take a while, and cost quite a bit more than the usual day job. And for these type of jobs I usually like to take a deposit. How would you deal with that?

Okay this answers my questions. I'd still like it if I could receive some of the money upfront though, a lot of jobs I've taken have taken weeks or even months. I can't really afford to take on the job if I won't be paid at all until completion. Maybe you can implement a way to let users decide if they want to release some funds early? Like 50% up front and 50% on completion?

This is a reasonable feature request, but I can see it being abused. I guess if we did something like this, then the recruiter would have to choose to do so. We'll look into this.
Zawamiya

Activity: 526
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 05:25:00 AM

This is a reasonable feature request, but I can see it being abused. I guess if we did something like this, then the recruiter would have to choose to do so. We'll look into this.

Yeah but without this, I wouldn't be inclined to do larger jobs. Instead, i'd look at doing lots of smaller little jobs. This kind of takes away the potential of what sort of services could be offered.
hunnaryb

Activity: 506

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 05:31:16 AM

Yeah but without this, I wouldn't be inclined to do larger jobs. Instead, i'd look at doing lots of smaller little jobs. This kind of takes away the potential of what sort of services could be offered.

If I understand correctly, you could just create custom jobs with set milestones as part of a longer project, and this would probably solve your problem as far as I understand.

Could be wrong though, maybe Preen can confirm this.

▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

Preen (OP)

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 05:35:20 AM

If I understand correctly, you could just create custom jobs with set milestones as part of a longer project, and this would probably solve your problem as far as I understand.

Yes hunnaryb is right, we'll explore some of the suggestions you made and see if we can make it work though.

Btw if you guys could tweet us it would help us reaching our goal.
hunnaryb

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 05:36:08 AM

Yes hunnaryb is right, we'll explore some of the suggestions you made and see if we can make it work though.

You should hire me!  Grin

▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

Preen (OP)

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 05:40:41 AM

You should hire me!  Grin

Haha, well we'll certainly be using our own platform too, some marketing material might be useful to help get the site out to a wider public, so if you are good at producing that kind of content, we might just do that !  Wink
hunnaryb

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 05:42:12 AM

Haha, well we'll certainly be using our own platform too, some marketing material might be useful to help get the site out to a wider public, so if you are good at producing that kind of content, we might just do that !  Wink

How about being a social media manager?

▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

Melds

Activity: 205

Investor / Trader / Analyst

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 05:44:52 AM

I think it would be cool if you could put in a feature where you could hire people and put them on a payroll. Don't know how the escrow system would deal with that though.

Preen (OP)

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 05:48:23 AM

How about being a social media manager?

I think you understood me wrong, we'll definitely hire people through the site for little jobs, but if you mean joining our team and helping out, we're obviously happy to let people help where they can.. Just know we're not going to be really making any money for a while, and we'll likely burn through what we raise quite quickly.
Preen (OP)

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 05:50:00 AM

I think it would be cool if you could put in a feature where you could hire people and put them on a payroll. Don't know how the escrow system would deal with that though.

This would be hard to do because the delivery of work is abstract in this case. Time release funds would likely be challenged all the time, and as a freelancer, you would probably produce the least output possible.
Dur3x

Activity: 59

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 05:59:24 AM

Finally no pow coin Cheesy
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: