Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:05:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Announcement] Avalon ASIC Development Status [Batch #1]  (Read 155269 times)
mrb
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2012, 10:57:40 PM

Seriously NO ONE goes to Macau for a business meeting, other than the wrong sort of people.

I suppose by your cynic logic, and prejudice attitude (in order from left to right, and bottom to top) Ira from BitInstant, Thomas from NEFT vodka, Roger from memeorydealers, Eric from BitInstant, Kelvin from http://bitcoins.co.kr/, ME, and Charlie from Bitinstant is the wrong sort of people.

I like associating faces to names, thanks. But you named 7 persons while there are 8 at the table. Who is the 8th?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 30, 2012, 10:58:35 PM

Seriously NO ONE goes to Macau for a business meeting, other than the wrong sort of people.

I suppose by your cynic logic, and prejudice attitude (in order from left to right, and bottom to top) Ira from BitInstant, Thomas from NEFT vodka, Roger from memeorydealers, Eric from BitInstant, Kelvin from http://bitcoins.co.kr/, ME, and Charlie from Bitinstant is the wrong sort of people.

I like associating faces to names, thanks. But you named 7 persons while there are 8 at the table. Who is the 8th?
Satoshi, obviously.
Frequency

Activity: 540
Merit: 500

COINDER

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2012, 12:24:05 AM

Looks like half the audiance is sleeping  in that pic. Cheesy

COINDER
COINDER
eldentyrell
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980

felonious vagrancy, personified

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2012, 10:07:56 AM

Sorry, I quoted the wrong post (my fault!).  By "these figures", I meant to quote this post:

And the other necessary piece of information: how many of these 15(mm2) chips are in your 66Gh/s product?

So… how many 15(mm2) chips are in your 66Gh/s product?  Without this number it's impossible to connect the hashrate or product price with any of the other figures you've posted.

The printing press heralded the end of the Dark Ages and made the Enlightenment possible, but it took another three centuries before any country managed to put freedom of the press beyond the reach of legislators.  So it may take a while before cryptocurrencies are free of the AML-NSA-KYC surveillance plague.
BitSyncom (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 251

Avalon ASIC Team

View Profile
December 01, 2012, 10:25:15 AM

And the other necessary piece of information: how many of these 15(mm2) chips are in your 66Gh/s product?

So… how many 15(mm2) chips are in your 66Gh/s product?  Without this number it's impossible to connect the hashrate or product price with any of the other figures you've posted.

Disregard, this information no longer apply. To provide a better explanation, we used a modular design so the number of chips on the Unit is not yet final, we are still playing around the numbers to get the best power consumption vs. hash-rate.

I have posted this awhile ago too, once we have finalized numbers we will be happy to provide this information.

PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 03:38:06 PM

Is update #5 scheduled for this week?

Any updates?
BitSyncom (OP)

Avalon ASIC Team

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 03:57:04 PM
Last edit: December 05, 2012, 04:10:08 PM by BitSyncom

Is update #5 scheduled for this week?

Any updates?

Pretty ironic as I am currently drafting the thread. You'll have to wait a bit as it is fairly lengthy and I'm still deciding what to say exactly due to some newly obtained knowledge from our Fab that are very different what the competition has been saying. I am obtaining more concrete information e.g. our whole process, initial TSMC contract, MT Form ( aka things that can only obtained by going through the Fab process and can be identified by other people with experience that can validate. ) used to back our calms. As I stated previously, my engineering team has always been very skeptical regarding our competition for various reasons. It is my job not to under estimate the competition, but now I am forced to agree with them and maybe present a proper argument.

CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 05:32:32 PM

Pretty ironic as I am currently drafting the thread. You'll have to wait a bit as it is fairly lengthy and I'm still deciding what to say exactly due to some newly obtained knowledge from our Fab that are very different what the competition has been saying. I am obtaining more concrete information e.g. our whole process, initial TSMC contract, MT Form ( aka things that can only obtained by going through the Fab process and can be identified by other people with experience that can validate. ) used to back our calms. As I stated previously, my engineering team has always been very skeptical regarding our competition for various reasons. It is my job not to under estimate the competition, but now I am forced to agree with them and maybe present a proper argument.

Interesting... I am anxiously awaiting this!
creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 05:35:48 PM

<subscribed>

Aseras

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 06:42:07 PM

Can't wait. Also cancel some more orders so I can buy more avalons Cheesy
Mikej0h

Activity: 117
Merit: 100

Life is short, play long

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 08:13:03 PM

Where do you post these updates?
I'm a Avalon/BitSyncom customer, but not sure where to receive this information from...

By forumpost? By e-mail?
BitSyncom (OP)

Avalon ASIC Team

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 08:20:21 PM

Where do you post these updates?
I'm a Avalon/BitSyncom customer, but not sure where to receive this information from...

By forumpost? By e-mail?

It will be posted in this thread. It is the development status thread after all.

Dhomochevsky

Activity: 242

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 09:03:48 PM

Putting this thread on my watchlist, and eagerly waiting the next update.
libertybuck

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 10:56:18 PM

Interesting ...

Waitting for the coming news ......

MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 02:39:56 AM

Interesting ...

Waitting for the coming news ......

Very interesting. It almost sounds like he was expecting worse and didn't believe the good numbers of the other vendors, but now is expecting Avalon to be better than advertised.
BitSyncom (OP)

Avalon ASIC Team

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 07:07:12 AM

Very interesting. It almost sounds like he was expecting worse and didn't believe the good numbers of the other vendors, but now is expecting Avalon to be better than advertised.

Avalon is, and always have been better than advertised, this was the style of our press release to give conservative estimates and improve the numbers as we eliminate potential and actual problems. Regardless, what I'm talking about is actually the very opposite, now looking at the evidence presented by our engineering team, our competitors have very irregular workflows that doesn't make any sense what so ever, in other words, somebody is full of shit.

creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 07:09:27 AM

Well stop beating the bush to death and spill it man! Grin

mrb
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2012, 07:18:57 AM
Last edit: December 06, 2012, 08:22:04 AM by mrb

You guys are all excited, but, to me, it sounds like BitSyncom is about to announce a bad news.

"deciding what to say" -> it is only when the news is bad that time is spent deciding how to say it.

"my engineering team has always been very skeptical regarding our competition for various reasons. It is my job not to under estimate the competition, but now I am forced to agree with them" -> the "them" refers to his engineering team. IOW the engineering team was skeptical of the competition's power efficiency claims, but BitSyncom disagreed, was more optimistic, and thought it was achievable; however the engineering team now confirmed their skepticism by having numbers showing that their own efficiency will be worse than the competition (which makes sense given that Avalon is 110nm and should be theoretically 3x worse in terms of power efficiency than 65nm (BFL)), so BitSyncom is forced to revise his optimism and forced to agree with his team that Avalon won't be competitive.

"what I'm talking about is actually the very opposite" -> he was expecting better results, but the engineering team's number look bad.
ngzhang

Activity: 592
Merit: 501

We will stand and fight.

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 07:21:48 AM

You guys are all excited, but, to me, it sounds like BitSyncom is about to announce a bad news.

"deciding what to say" -> it is only when the news is bad that time is spent deciding how to say it.

"my engineering team has always been very skeptical regarding our competition for various reasons. It is my job not to under estimate the competition, but now I am forced to agree with them" -> the last "them" refer to his engineering team, IOW the engineering team was correct to be skeptical of the competition's power efficiency claim, IOW the engineering team found out their own efficiency is a lot worse than the competition's claim (which makes sense given that Avalon is 110nm, which should be theoretically 3x worse in terms of power efficiency when compared to 65nm (BFL)).

"what I'm talking about is actually the very opposite" -> he was expecting better results, but the engineering team's number look bad.

yeah, some bad news.  Wink
BitSyncom (OP)

Avalon ASIC Team

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 07:23:43 AM
Last edit: December 06, 2012, 09:11:30 AM by BitSyncom

"my engineering team has always been very skeptical regarding our competition for various reasons. It is my job not to under estimate the competition, but now I am forced to agree with them" -> the last "them" refer to his engineering team, IOW the engineering team was correct to be skeptical of the competition's power efficiency claim, IOW the engineering team found out their own efficiency is a lot worse than the competition (which makes sense given that Avalon is 110nm, which should be theoretically 3x worse in terms of power efficiency when compared to 65nm (BFL)).

Oh indeed, some bad news is coming, but for who I wonder.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: