Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 11:22:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Announcement] Avalon ASIC Development Status [Batch #1]  (Read 155265 times)
Tinua

Activity: 871
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 07:57:21 PM

If it is not marked as an engineering sample or demo, you can have great problems on custom because of the missing CE mark!
Or i'm wrong?
there have been a few people in EU that have still bought FPGA's from this company. How have these done this? Perhaps they should share their experiences with this deals (shipping, custom, invoice etc.)...
The FPGAs were a PCB with chip!
The Avalons come as a stand-aloneminer in a large sealed enclosure!
Thus this, it is a finished unit and may need to meet CE policies for EU!
But, i'm not expert in this!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 08:13:05 PM

Courtesy of:

http://www.mathcats.com/explore/elapsedtime.html

Just re-posted to make a strong point.

The Avalon Team is as far ahead of schedule as BFL is behind in their own schedule.
dust

Activity: 840

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2013, 08:25:48 PM
Last edit: January 08, 2013, 10:15:24 PM by dust

3. It is extremely important for our existing customer to verify that your Order's Address, Name and such shipping information is correct. In addition if your Order is still not marketed as "Completed" on our site please get in touch with me immediately, failure to do this will delay your shipping.
I checked my account and my order was listed as "cancelled", despite having paid for it immediately after ordering in September.  I looks like I failed to confirm my order.  I have created a support ticket (#25).

<panic>EDIT:  Re-reading this thread, it looks like I may be screwed.  I really hope I don't get kicked out of the first batch due to not wading through a troll-filled thread enough to realize that not responding to email = spot given up.  Here was the email:

Your order # 2000001XX has been updated to
Pending.

You can check the status of your order by logging into your account.

Can you provide the Bitcoin Order ID as well as the Bitcoin Address of payment so I may confirm this order?

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at info@avalon-asic.com

I logged into my account, saw the status as pending and the correct payment address listed and with coins received, then took no action.  I must have felt that the bitcoin order ID and address already being in Avalons system and paid for did not require me to provide additional information (as in, I had "confirmed" it was correct).  I unfortunately was never told specifically my order would be CANCELLED if this was not done and no coins were ever sent back to me.

I hope this gets resolved.

This + the bASIC delay has made today a pretty bad day Angry</panic>

Cryptocoin Mining Info | OTC | PGP | Twitter | freenode: dust-otc | BTC: 1F6fV4U2xnpAuKtmQD6BWpK3EuRosKzF8U
BitSyncom (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 251

Avalon ASIC Team

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 06:30:15 AM

@dust

if you recall there some server problem when the site first launched, please send me a email/PM with your bitcoin order ID and payment address so I may manually check aganist the system.

The system was automatically set orders to cancel if they have not been paid, and since due to server errors some order which got paid never got the call back to mark them as completed thus were in turn canceled.

No worries though, we keep all the records so we can double check aganist this.

klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 10:41:03 PM

Still on track for the 20th?

I assume this will be when pre-orders go out (or start to). When will general sales start?

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 10:57:19 PM

When will general sales start?

I do believe that no more are planned to be produced (or even available to pre-order I think) until after the Chinese New Year.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
jiangchun

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2013, 02:07:04 AM

When will general sales start?

I do believe that no more are planned to be produced (or even available to pre-order I think) until after the Chinese New Year.

the CNY is 2.10 ,so the chinese worker  not work and  go home 2.5-2.25.
dust

Activity: 840

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2013, 05:43:32 AM

@dust

if you recall there some server problem when the site first launched, please send me a email/PM with your bitcoin order ID and payment address so I may manually check aganist the system.

The system was automatically set orders to cancel if they have not been paid, and since due to server errors some order which got paid never got the call back to mark them as completed thus were in turn canceled.

Any update on this?  I sent a PM within 15 minutes of your reply and have received no response or update to my ticket  I'm sure the team is busy Smiley

Cryptocoin Mining Info | OTC | PGP | Twitter | freenode: dust-otc | BTC: 1F6fV4U2xnpAuKtmQD6BWpK3EuRosKzF8U
Bogart
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2013, 05:47:41 AM
Last edit: January 12, 2013, 12:54:19 PM by Bogart

Will tracking numbers be shown on the website order status page or be emailed to customers when they ship?

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 12, 2013, 05:53:45 AM

Anyway... Not to break the Avalon's Gold Eggs...

But where is the prototype scheduled to be released on video 20 days ago? 20 - 10 days of "possible delay" = 10 days without our video!

Cheesy

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
server
Legendary

Activity: 892
Merit: 1002

1 BTC =1 BTC

View Profile
January 12, 2013, 12:28:38 PM
Last edit: January 12, 2013, 04:26:00 PM by server

@dust

Any update on this?  I sent a PM within 15 minutes of your reply and have received no response or update to my ticket  I'm sure the team is busy Smiley

+1

Why no pm and no answers Yifu ?
Some of us are worried about this and you asked us to respond a.s.a.p....

3. It is extremely important for our existing customer to verify that your Order's Address, Name and such shipping information is correct. In addition if your Order is still not marketed as "Completed" on our site please get in touch with me immediately, failure to do this will delay your shipping.

BitSyncom (OP)

Avalon ASIC Team

View Profile
January 12, 2013, 04:24:33 PM

It will cause delay once we start shipping, it was pretty much a heads up before the 20th. I'll get to you guys early next week. I simply haven't gotten around to double check yet due to being swarmed.

server
Legendary

1 BTC =1 BTC

View Profile
January 12, 2013, 04:26:58 PM

It will cause delay once we start shipping, it was pretty much a heads up before the 20th. I'll get to you guys early next week. I simply haven't gotten around to double check yet due to being swarmed.

Ok, clear, thanks and good luck Smiley

Bogart
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2013, 04:32:15 PM

Will tracking numbers be shown on the website order status page or be emailed to customers when they ship?

Well I hope so.

The day it's to arrive I plan to take off from work to receive it in case it requires a signature.

BitSyncom (OP)

Avalon ASIC Team

View Profile
January 12, 2013, 04:33:43 PM

Well I hope so.

The day it's to arrive I plan to take off from work to receive it in case it requires a signature.

Yes of course, it'll be updated both on the site as well as emailed to you.

loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610

View Profile
January 12, 2013, 07:11:50 PM

BitSyncom,

It is very important for me to sort out the invoicing in advance before shipment happens. I mailed you twice and opened a ticket and still no response. Please reply me when you can.

10X
Best

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
thorvald

Activity: 388
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 12, 2013, 10:31:17 PM

BitSyncom,

It is very important for me to sort out the invoicing in advance before shipment happens. I mailed you twice and opened a ticket and still no response. Please reply me when you can.

10X
Best

Maybe the Billing Agreements can be used for this in the account   .
I`m checking every day for the news/response/tiket.

Regards
Thorvald

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▀  ███▄
████████████▀▀    ▀▀███▀  ▄█████
██████████▀         ██▀  ▄████████
█████████▀      ▄▄▄▄██▀  ▄██████████
████████     ▄██████▀  ▄██  ████████
████████     ███████▀  ▄██    ████████
████████    ██████▀  ▄████    ████████
████████    █████▀  ▄█████    ████████
████████    ███▀  ▄██████     ████████
████████  ███▀  ▄█████▀     ████████
███████████▀  ▄█▀▀▀▀      ▄█████████
█████████▀  ▄█         ▄██████████
██████▀  ▄██▄▄    ▄▄████████████
▀████  ▄█████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

██████            ██████          ▄▄██████          ▄▄███████▄▄                ▄▄███████▄▄
 ██████          ██████        ▄██████████       ▄███████████████▄          ▄███████████████▄
 ▀█████▄        ▄█████▀       ████████████      ███████████████████        ███████████████████
  ▀█████▄      ▄█████▀       ████████▀▀        ███████▀▀    ▀▀██████      ██████▀▀     ▀▀██████
   ██████      ██████       ███████           ██████▀       ▄██████      █████▀           ▀█████
   ▀█████▄    ▄█████▀      ███████           ██████       ▄██████▀      █████               █████
    ▀█████▄  ▄█████▀       ██████            █████      ▄██████▀        █████               █████
     ██████  ██████        ██████            █████    ▄██████▀          █████               █████
     ▀█████▄▄█████▀        ██████            █████▄ ▄██████▀            █████               █████
      ▀██████████▀         ██████             ███████████▀     ▄███▄     █████▄           ▄█████
       ██████████          ██████              ████████▀    ▄▄██████      ██████▄▄     ▄▄██████
       ▀████████▀          ██████               ███████████████████        ███████████████████
        ▀██████▀           ██████                ▀███████████████▀          ▀███████████████▀
         ▀████▀            ██████                   ▀▀███████▀▀                ▀▀███████▀▀

[
 ▄███████████████████████▄
██▀                     ▀██
██  ▄█████████████████▄  ██
██  ███             ███  ██
██  ▀████████████████▀   ██
██                       ██
██                  ▄▄▄  ██
██   ██             ███  ██
██ ██████       ▄▄▄      ██
██   ██         ███    ▄ ██
██        ▄  ▄       ▄▀ ▄██
██      ▄▀ ▄▀      ▄▀ ▄██▀
██▄               ▀ ▄██▀
 ▀███████████████████▀
Telegram
ANN Thread
Website
]
Dhomochevsky

Activity: 242

View Profile
January 13, 2013, 02:22:41 PM

The address we should send questions (and shipping detail confirmations) to is "info[at]avalon-asic.com" , is that right?
server
Legendary

1 BTC =1 BTC

View Profile
January 13, 2013, 03:26:53 PM

If it is not marked as an engineering sample or demo, you can have great problems on custom because of the missing CE mark!
Or i'm wrong?
there have been a few people in EU that have still bought FPGA's from this company. How have these done this? Perhaps they should share their experiences with this deals (shipping, custom, invoice etc.)...

I'm from Europe and I ordered several times boards from NGZ. I never experienced any problems.
The first time I received the package after 9 days.
The second and third time it was 20 days.

I trust NGZ and I think he knows what's best when it comes to shipping his products to the different parts of the world.

So for what it's worth.. only the best experiences on my part. Smiley

loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610

View Profile
January 13, 2013, 03:35:11 PM

I'm from Europe and I ordered several times boards from NGZ. I never experienced any problems.
The first time I received the package after 9 days.
The second and third time it was 20 days.

I trust NGZ and I think he knows what's best when it comes to shipping his products to the different parts of the world.

So for what it's worth.. only the best experiences on my part. Smiley

+1
I am very happy with NGZ as well. But this time he will not be involved in shipping invoices and so on....
BitSyncom will take care of that and he is our contact person.

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: