Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:34:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Announcement] Avalon ASIC Development Status [Batch #1]  (Read 155266 times)
ngzhang

Activity: 592
Merit: 501

We will stand and fight.

View Profile
January 13, 2013, 03:41:54 PM

I'm from Europe and I ordered several times boards from NGZ. I never experienced any problems.
The first time I received the package after 9 days.
The second and third time it was 20 days.

I trust NGZ and I think he knows what's best when it comes to shipping his products to the different parts of the world.

So for what it's worth.. only the best experiences on my part. Smiley

+1
I am very happy with NGZ as well. But this time he will not be involved in shipping invoices and so on....
BitSyncom will take care of that and he is our contact person.

we discuss the whole process and working together. actually, i will use my previous experience for this project.

PS: everything is on schedule now, our target is to be the first.  Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ewibit
Legendary

Activity: 2955
Merit: 1049

View Profile
January 13, 2013, 04:19:30 PM

I received the package after 9 days.
why ist there so much different in shipping time (and why does it take so long time (20 days)?)
server
Legendary

Activity: 892
Merit: 1002

1 BTC =1 BTC

View Profile
January 13, 2013, 04:27:18 PM

why ist there so much different in shipping time (and why does it take so long time (20 days)?)

I really don't why. Most of the items I order from China take 20+ days, so the first time was a real surprise.

Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 13, 2013, 04:49:04 PM

Regular First Class International Mail can vary a lot like that.  I think sometimes they wait for the pile of mail to get big enough before they send a batch over, so your mailpiece may arrive just as the pile gets full enough to be sent, or when it's still mostly empty and needs to wait.

The Avalons will all be dispatched by DHL Express (or EMS if the customer chooses), both of which should be consistently much faster than First Class Intl Mail.

If mine ships out by DHL on Monday the 21st, I expect I will have it in my hands here in the US on or before Friday the 25th.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
nathanrees19

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2013, 09:07:36 PM

PS: everything is on schedule now, our target is to be the first.  Grin

No demo? ):
Grix

Activity: 536
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2013, 09:11:09 PM

When will the second batch be available? And will the price be the same?

BTC: 1Fahk2aa4NS4Qds4VDAL4mpNArDEdV2K5K
LaserShowGen Laser Show Software
Helios Laser Show Hardware
Icoin

Activity: 585
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2013, 11:02:14 PM
Last edit: January 13, 2013, 11:39:38 PM by Icoin

we discuss the whole process and working together. actually, i will use my previous experience for this project.

PS: everything is on schedule now, our target is to be the first.  Grin

I have full trust in NGZ the cooperation with him and the devices was allways 1+ so the GMP project looks forward for the tradein.

It would be great to have the dimensions and type of the coolingmount since 400W will produce a lot of heat Wink

MeSarah

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 13, 2013, 11:32:32 PM
Last edit: January 14, 2013, 12:37:31 AM by MeSarah

PS: everything is on schedule now, our target is to be the first.  Grin

I am not the first to raise this question but I still would like to ask it. I checked www.avalon-asics.com to see what the 'count down clock' said. At the time I checked it was a little over 6 days. So lets look a little closer. If we have 1 day for assembly, how long will it be in transit from the assemblers to the Avalon shipping facilities? If the assemblers are close then they could pick up the assembled product. Otherwise it will take 1 to 3 days, maybe longer, to ship to Avalon for final assembly and shipment to the customer. Now how long will the product burn in be, 24 hours?

So that leaves virtually no time for quality control testing not to mention SRRC certification but Chinese companies don't seam to comply with their own countries laws when shipping outside their boarders. It appears to me that the Avalon development team is relaying solely on computer simulations of their product to be 100% accurate. Computer simulations are never wrong, right? With only days to do full quality control testing of the hardware and software purchasers of Avalon's products can expect a high failure rate and a large warranty return rate. Not to mention long shipping delays from country to country and lack of replacement parts to fix warranty issues. At which time you will not be eligible for a refund and stuck with an inferior product. But what can I say, China is home to the inferior product.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94HTIueOuDQ

On Avalon's website they claim to have 10+ years ASIC experience. It's now time for Avalon to tell their customers and the community which Avalon employees have ASIC experience and how much each Avalon employee is claimed to have. But I suspect that full disclosure of claims made on their website will be an issue that will be avoided. I surmise they will claim that a Master's Degree is equivalent to 6 years experience. Or maybe if it takes someone 10 years to complete a 6 year program that could be counter as 10 years experience. Can one really claim taking a university class as experience? Not in my book and not on a job application. Could it be that someone is drinking their own Jonestown Kool Aid?

With less than a week to the proclaimed shipment date there is no reason not to show pictures of a PCB or chassis as Avalon's only competitor has done. Unless they don't have a PCB or chassis to show, which is entirely plausible.

Too bad that China's target is to be first (inferiority complex?), rather than America's where quality is job 1.

Now queuing 300 test dummies.

Edit below made by anonymous admin: note other edits might have been made by cowardly anonymous admins;
Now queuing 300 test dummies, a sacrifice to appease the gods I've angered by continuing to troll this thread... maybe they won't edit the hell out of this post as they promised to do.

60 GH/s BFL Single SC - Pre-Order Yours Today!
`````` Only $1299.99 - butterflylabs.com ``````
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 12:14:22 AM

All this talk of shipping. When are we going to see a simple pic of a board with asic chips actually mining?

libertybuck

Activity: 137

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 12:52:32 AM

If we have 1 day for assembly, how long will it be in transit from the assemblers to the Avalon shipping facilities? If the assemblers are close then they could pick up the assembled product. 

They are located in BeiJing China. Arrange shipment is not difficult.

With less than a week to the proclaimed shipment date there is no reason not to show pictures of a PCB or chassis as Avalon's only competitor has done. Unless they don't have a PCB or chassis to show, which is entirely plausible.

I think some of your questions are reasonable.

Bogart
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 12:59:15 AM

I think some of your questions are reasonable.
[/quote]

With less than a week left, we'll find out soon enough no matter what.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4578
Merit: 1276

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 01:05:32 AM

All this talk of shipping. When are we going to see a simple pic of a board with asic chips actually mining?

An image (or vid) of a box (or pcb) along with a display showing some numbers is not something which would impress _me_ a whole lot.

What would it take to make the suggested exercise be impressive to you?  Or have you put much thought into it?

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Bogart
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 01:12:21 AM

An image (or vid) of a box (or pcb) along with a display showing some numbers is not something which would impress _me_ a whole lot.

What would it take to make the suggested exercise be impressive to you?  Or have you put much thought into it?

There's really no reason for them to do this now.  They're not accepting any new orders for a while, and it's not like they have a credibility problem and need to post something to stop a wave of cancellations.

Personally, I want to be the first to post pics and vid of one, when I receive mine.

tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 02:40:10 AM

There's really no reason for them to do this now.  They're not accepting any new orders for a while, and it's not like they have a credibility problem and need to post something to stop a wave of cancellations.

Personally, I want to be the first to post pics and vid of one, when I receive mine.

There is not much reason for them not to do it either.

But anyway, my point is that it would take a barely competent script monkey about 5 minutes to hack out a mock which would display anything they choose.

A better solution would be to publish a set of nonces shortly after a new piece of data came into existence.  Even here, though, someone who was intent on conning people could hook up a collection of lesser gear to work on the problem and pretend that it was their new little ASIC which had produced the results.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 03:14:07 AM

As other's have probably said, if they're just working on theory i.e. never had a working prototype, they won't have a demo model until 24hrs before they're going to ship some

if, which is what they should have done, is run a prototype model of one

of course they should do this and then have much testing etc. before mass producing so maybe up to a week minimum before shipping a batch they should have a working product; why not show it off?

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 03:47:46 AM

As other's have probably said, if they're just working on theory i.e. never had a working prototype, they won't have a demo model until 24hrs before they're going to ship some

of course they should do this and then have much testing etc. before mass producing so maybe up to a week minimum before shipping a batch they should have a working product; why not show it off?

Perhaps because, as I mentioned above, it would show nothing.  It would, in fact, be mainly a waste of time and Avalon may not have a compelling interest in impressing the segment of the community who would be be impressed by such a feat.

Again though, it would not be big effort or waste much time, so why not?  An ominous reason could be that it would be admissible,  incontrovertible, and documented evidence that they were running a scam if that happens to be the case.

cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 05:45:52 AM

Perhaps because, as I mentioned above, it would show nothing.  It would, in fact, be mainly a waste of time and Avalon may not have a compelling interest in impressing the segment of the community who would be be impressed by such a feat.

Again though, it would not be big effort or waste much time, so why not?  An ominous reason could be that it would be admissible,  incontrovertible, and documented evidence that they were running a scam if that happens to be the case.

You are right, it takes 5 minutes to take a reflex plugin the sd card and upload the pictures.
2 minutes using an iPhone.

That's a lot of time to waste.

I will buy BFL. Do someone want to bet against me that Avalon will not ship on time? 100BTC ready here.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 06:09:08 AM

You are right, it takes 5 minutes to take a reflex plugin the sd card and upload the pictures.
2 minutes using an iPhone.

That's a lot of time to waste.

I will buy BFL. Do someone want to bet against me that Avalon will not ship on time? 100BTC ready here.

Huh.  Another BFL groupie who is impressed by some picture of numbers on a display.  Who'd have imagined?

You may give Sonny and Josh some of your money but I am less confident that you will actually buy anything in the common sense of the term.  Maybe a sore a-hole.

As for betting about Avalon, why should I?  I've no idea whether they even have an ASIC much less whether they will ship it on time.  They do seem vastly more credible to me than did bASIC and do BFL.

anti76

Activity: 730
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 06:15:38 AM

I used to send scanned documents to pay warrants 200,000,846.
Status of the order has not changed, the letters from the scans or who did not reply, sent to the address: info@avalon-asic.com, yifu.guo @ avalon-asic.com

Order #    Date    Ship To    Order Total    Status    
200000846    11/24/12    ---------   $8,159.94    Pending Wire    View Order
BitSyncom (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 251

Avalon ASIC Team

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 06:22:38 AM

I used to send scanned documents to pay warrants 200,000,846.
Status of the order has not changed, the letters from the scans or who did not reply, sent to the address: info@avalon-asic.com, yifu.guo @ avalon-asic.com

Order #    Date    Ship To    Order Total    Status    
200000846    11/24/12    ---------   $8,159.94    Pending Wire    View Order

The wire came in on the 11th of this month, a month plus late... I'm aware of this order, but due to it's nature being two wire transfers it did not complete automatically. This matter will be addressed.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: