Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:50:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoin Announcements subforum with uneditable posts?  (Read 952 times)
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2015, 03:41:39 PM

In light of the last Altcoin scam, see https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1198504.new#new and https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1196911.new#new it sounds like a good idea to change that subforum to have uneditable posts like it is done in auctions subforum. That could improve the safety of ICO's quite some bit when a trusted escrow is used.

Alternatively a subforum to that forum might be a way to go where only ICO's are hosted.

What are your opinions on that?

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xhoneyael

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

www.AntiBitcoinTalk.com

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2015, 04:42:37 PM

i agree this should be implement in altcoin section
when XUP scam occur i help in revealing about those fake burned address and also fake ICO
post there that the dev hold almost the coin but it was self moderate thread and it just end up my post deleted..
and just want to add i hope newbie - jr member atleast will not have right to held ico in altcoin section
because they just keep on making new account every ICO and after ico they will just vanish
who do this is from a group of dev that already in front of 1 coin its not good idea if they will held another ICO
in their account thats why they keep making new account..

onemorexmr

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 04:47:44 PM

i also like that idea.

but: the first post of an announcement can (and should) change if there are new developments (eg new features, new exchanges) so that new people may see them. how would you deal with that?

atm i am thinking about how to avoid deleting warning messages from an escrow (as in your bitrush case)
but i dont have a good idea (yet)

XMR || Monero || monerodice.net || xmr.to || mymonero.com || openalias.org || you think bitcoin is fungible? watch this
Balmain

Activity: 2086
Merit: 682

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 06:21:13 PM

Nobody cares altcoin section.
another new account?
shill account of those behind the scam dev that keep on making new account to held ico
i hope it will be implement soon this will be the end for your team
you will never held an ICO again because your team already have one of their own

Somebody deleted my message for NO REASON. We can't even write our opinions freely here. Unbelievable.

Come on delete again.

It's my opinion and you can't ban my thought.
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2015, 06:43:15 PM

i also like that idea.

but: the first post of an announcement can (and should) change if there are new developments (eg new features, new exchanges) so that new people may see them. how would you deal with that?

atm i am thinking about how to avoid deleting warning messages from an escrow (as in your bitrush case)
but i dont have a good idea (yet)

You are right about that. Then it really might be the best thing to have a subforum only and especially for the ICO. The announcement subforum could stay with changes so that a coin can update things but the ico itself will run as presented from the start.

Though i admit there are some snares to work around. Smiley

Zebedee23
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 06:44:36 PM

I think you will find ALOT of people care. You may not care or like the idea because it makes your petty scams harder to orchestrate.
I agree , a separate section for ICO's , no self moderated threads and maybe only full member or above allowed as OP.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
██████████        ▀████████
█████████    ████▄  █████████
█████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀   █████████
█████████▄▄  ▄▄   ▄██████████
▀██████████  ███▄  ▀████████▀
▀█████████▄▄█████▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Reserve.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
████████▀▀▀███▀▀▀████████
█████████   ███   █████████
███████               ███████
██████████   ███   ██████████
██████████   ███   ██████████
▀██████               ██████▀
▀████████   ███   ████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄███▄▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

.Reserve Your Rights.
Zz
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1077

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 07:04:42 PM

ICO's are scams. Why should forum bother to make scams another subforum? On the other hand this forum has Investor-based games for ponzis, that make me think again.
I still think that that's not necessary at this point. People should learn the very first rule of this forum: Caveat emptor.
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2015, 07:40:06 PM

ICO's are scams. Why should forum bother to make scams another subforum? On the other hand this forum has Investor-based games for ponzis, that make me think again.
I still think that that's not necessary at this point. People should learn the very first rule of this forum: Caveat emptor.

ICO's certainly are not always a scam. There are a lot of coins whose admins really care about their coin and work on it's future. And i'm sure you know examples.

Yes, people should learn and they will, but if it is possible to help preventing scams then it might be worth a try.

BitcoinEXpress
Legendary

Activity: 1210
Merit: 1024

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 01:33:19 AM

It always amazes me at how the noobs around here assume anyone in charge here actually cares about Altcoins.

As someone that was here before the Altcoin section existed I know it was created for one reason only.

To keep the garbage out of the main bitcoins section and nothing more.

Alternate Currency section = Alt Trashcan and nothing more.

~BCX~
xhoneyael

Activity: 462

www.AntiBitcoinTalk.com

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2015, 08:30:18 AM

It always amazes me at how the noobs around here assume anyone in charge here actually cares about Altcoins.

As someone that was here before the Altcoin section existed I know it was created for one reason only.

To keep the garbage out of the main bitcoins section and nothing more.

Alternate Currency section = Alt Trashcan and nothing more.

~BCX~
so you are disagree in changing those section?
alt coin section is also part of this forum
that kind of scam can make the reputation of this forum worse in the future
they just let member here scam other member even they can do something about it
if someone investigate about this or report that they just tolerate it
and do nothing about those scam maybe this site can be taken down
its part of the forum so maybe they dont just only focus in bitcoin

EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 01:56:24 PM

Let the escrow start and run the [ANN] thread. If any changes need to be made to the OP....it has to go through the escrow.

No escrow....run away very quickly.

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
onemorexmr

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 02:40:26 PM

Let the escrow start and run the [ANN] thread. If any changes need to be made to the OP....it has to go through the escrow.

No escrow....run away very quickly.

sounds good too me.. but:
 - this means escrow has more work to do. even in the future. eg more fee
 - what about multiple escrows?
 - escrow (to some degree atleast) has his reputation linked to the IPO now because he has opened the thread

IMHO this cant be a forum rule but i would consider it "good practice"
but i still like the idea Wink

XMR || Monero || monerodice.net || xmr.to || mymonero.com || openalias.org || you think bitcoin is fungible? watch this
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2015, 07:06:49 PM

Yeah, i like the idea too. The escrow should have not so very much more work. An update once in a while is not so hard. Since the other support work in the thread would be done by the issuer.

Of course the escrow would need to make very clear that he is not the issuer and who the issuer is.

So issuer might think about that solution. It could give their investors another level of peace of mind.

TimSweat

Activity: 392

TimSweat

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 03:57:01 AM

Well I personally think , most ICO's , the devs do run , Something needs to be done with this . 99% are newbie accounts from the get go , and they are looking to make a quick buck .

I believe that if they want to run ICO's , they should have to earn the right to be able to open a topic to have it instead of putting it on the trusted escrow service .

Make the ICO pay a big fee to cover the investors if the dev runs off and don't deliver. If they have to pay to do ICO then maybe they stick around to deliver what they say . BUY/SELL walls don't seem to help anymore on the exchanges.

Maybe by doing this it will dwindle down the scam artist.

Also , the self-moderated threads should have a fee since most have something to hide by using them , make them think twice .

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: