Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:26:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Scam Alert ⛔ " ethtokens.online " Stealing MyEtherwallet private key 🔐  (Read 172 times)
The Cryptovator (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 2174

Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2018, 08:53:53 AM
Merited by suchmoon (4)

Archived: http://archive.is/DbdKJ
What happened: Stealing MyEtherwallet private key.

Above mentioned website is fake decentralized exchange whice is spreading on over telegram group. I just visit website and check this is a scam trap. Almost look like MyEtherwallet website. But it's totally fake, I have search over forum but didn't get any result. That's why wonder to make a post about this scam. Once you click on unlock button they will ask you for private key. I have entered fake private key to see what is next option. But surprised there is no more option after enter private key. That means they will just steal your private key and they will transfer your token instantly.

So be careful from this website. Do not enter your private key ever. Always check address bar before you enter your private key.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 10:45:11 AM

Archived: http://archive.is/DbdKJ
What happened: Stealing MyEtherwallet private key.

Above mentioned website is fake decentralized exchange whice is spreading on over telegram group. I just visit website and check this is a scam trap. Almost look like MyEtherwallet website. But it's totally fake, I have search over forum but didn't get any result. That's why wonder to make a post about this scam. Once you click on unlock button they will ask you for private key. I have entered fake private key to see what is next option. But surprised there is no more option after enter private key. That means they will just steal your private key and they will transfer your token instantly.

So be careful from this website. Do not enter your private key ever. Always check address bar before you enter your private key.

Always be cautious with any site that is offering some service or giveaway.

Especially in the case of sites that are being promoted on telegram groups, be extremely careful when someone is trying to get you to use a site with which you have to deposit funds or share any personal details on. There has been a ton of fraudulent exchanges as well as websites set up to impersonate established businesses being promoted on telegram, discord, etc. that newbies have fallen for.

You should never be exposing your private keys to a third party, and especially not one that is clearly a phishing site of a well known online wallet. A private key is private for a reason, after all. A little research and common sense will minimise the risk of falling into such scams to almost 0.
The Cryptovator (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 2174

Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2018, 08:40:01 AM

There is another website same. I think same people's are doing that shady work.
They have use same script to scam people's and steal private key. I think "ethtoken" just change the domain name. Because they already cought thats why change domain and start promoting again. I have search on forum didn't get answers. So wonder to post here instead of make new thread. Guy's stay way this kind of website and double check address bar before inpute your private key.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 09:09:31 AM
Merited by suchmoon (4)

Another reason why I don't believe in using exchanges or any services which are launched after 2017/2018. Almost 90% of the websites launched related to wallets or exchanges are a scam. I stick to the few old ones which are doing the business honestly. It gets worse in the token industry because most of the targets are these bounty whores who have no idea what they're doing and end up losing money to such pathetic scams. It's nice of you to bring it into the attention but unfortunately, the scam website will already be making money given the number of idiots we have around.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: