Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:36:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: It looks like 21.co is going to do smart contracts and autonomous corporations  (Read 696 times)
Hellot (OP)

Activity: 679
Merit: 526

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 01:59:48 PM

https://21.co/learn/#its-time-to-learn-bitcoin

relevant text: By the end you should be equipped to navigate the more advanced Bitcoin Developer Documentation. And then you can go off and build smart contracts and autonomous corporations.

This is a pretty big deal for bitcoin and adds another layer of value if they can pull it off.  What do you think?
coinpr0n

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 03:50:18 PM

I must not be reading it the same way you do. It sounds like they are just giving encouragement that once your learn the basics (with them) you will be able to go and do more advanced things.

Hellot (OP)

Activity: 679
Merit: 526

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 04:17:08 PM

I must not be reading it the same way you do. It sounds like they are just giving encouragement that once your learn the basics (with them) you will be able to go and do more advanced things.

Giving encouragement like that would be misleading if they didn't also provide the tools to do that.  We don't need to speculate too much because we have already seen from them that they plan to have the ability to write smart contracts using the 21 software stack and it sounds like the 21inc chip is a pre-requisite to participate based on this sentence "But a 21 Bitcoin Computer is only a hard prerequisite for the subset of tutorials that utilize hardware or OS-level features for mining and micropayments.".

Given this, it seems that projects like ethereum may be unnecessary to fill existing gaps since offerings like 21 will be able to fill those gaps using the bitcoin blockchain.  That's pretty exciting to me!
neurotypical

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 04:26:41 PM

I think autonomous corporations as well as sidechains and so on still remain sort of vaporware until we see them fully functional. I know it will happen and I know we will become rich once we see a world filled with Bitcoin based operative sidechains filling gaps in the automation process, but I dont know exactly when.
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 09:54:14 PM

they have paid to buy get nodes bitcoin ?
https://bitnodes.21.co/
coinpr0n

Activity: 910

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 06:10:54 AM

they have paid to buy get nodes bitcoin ?
https://bitnodes.21.co/

They are the new "sponsors" of the BitNodes project... but you can interpret that in a number of ways.

7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 06:14:37 AM

At the moment we only see an overpriced computer being launched by 21. Let's wait and see what other innovative products they are going to produce...
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 07:22:39 AM

Does anyone know if the mining aspect is very powerful?

Also would bitcoin merge mined coins work with this?

no it isn't it's a waste of money and time to mine with that thing, the ratio between the price and the hash delivered is terrible

i swear you can do better with gpu instamining the altcoin section

as long as they treat bitcoin as a nice thing, they will sell those stuff at prohibitive price
Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 11:39:52 AM

What about these Rootstock guys that claim how they will develop Ethereum like smart contracts on the top of the Bitcoin blockchain?

What do you guys think about them? Even Nick Szabo made some Twitter announcements about them. Apparently they will have 10 sec blocks, I don't know how but that's what the claim.
GetClams.com

Activity: 179
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 08:51:25 PM

https://21.co/learn/#its-time-to-learn-bitcoin

relevant text: By the end you should be equipped to navigate the more advanced Bitcoin Developer Documentation. And then you can go off and build smart contracts and autonomous corporations.

This is a pretty big deal for bitcoin and adds another layer of value if they can pull it off.  What do you think?

The first fully functional autonomous corp will be bitcoins killer app. 

And freak out the powers that be Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: