Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:57:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wallets taking too much time for updates ?  (Read 456 times)
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6131

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 08:34:00 AM

I'am the only one  who found this little weird ? Shocked
wallets suddenly are taking too much time to make updates , Electrum is an example they was used to make updates and releases each one or two weeks and now it's been more then one month with no releases yet , same goes for Bitcoin Core I remember it was faster then this and Multibit HD from August aswell .

I know that they are already doing a great job and there is no way I could do what they are doing and I appreciate their efforts of course but was just wondering what's going on

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6131

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 03:58:17 PM

I think it's pretty normal, maybe they don't have anything to update at all.
Also, not every update is good. They could remove good features or they made new bugs in their wallet Sad

There is always something to do if you ask me .
If  you see here for example : https://github.com/spesmilo/electrum/blob/master/RELEASE-NOTES there is Release 2.5 however it got never compiled and if you see here aswell : https://github.com/spesmilo/electrum you will see changes all the time however they are not applied compiled/released .

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 04:44:21 PM

Maybe their script is still have a bug or something which need to solve before release it to public, it will be bad stamp if they release the new version which still have a bug.

I'm sure it's not marketing techniques like a smartphone market, because it's open source.
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 09:37:14 PM

I'am the only one  who found this little weird ? Shocked
wallets suddenly are taking too much time to make updates , Electrum is an example they was used to make updates and releases each one or two weeks and now it's been more then one month with no releases yet , same goes for Bitcoin Core I remember it was faster then this and Multibit HD from August aswell .

I know that they are already doing a great job and there is no way I could do what they are doing and I appreciate their efforts of course but was just wondering what's going on

I am happy with this!

I hate when I go to update a wallet, then I go and check it on virustotal and I see that 1/61 or 2/61. Then I have to think about it really hard will I proceed with the update or not!

I guess I am just like the miners, I update only when I really, really have to! Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: