Bitcoin Forum
December 11, 2016, 04:27:15 AM *
News: To be able to use the next phase of the beta forum software, please ensure that your email address is correct/functional.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How worthy an investment are bitcoins? (without references to mining)  (Read 1284 times)
SamEsque

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 04, 2011, 07:56:56 PM

Hello,

I'm new to this and am interested in the investment potential to be made from bitcoins.
I'd love to hear any stories you may have of how you purchased at $0.5 and sold higher.
Are these a safer/better investment than stocks and shares?
What will happen to the value of the bitcoin when we reach the 21 million mark and no more are issued? Will they be divided? Does this concept have a time limit?
Any answers you can give me will be highly appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Sam Esque

This is all very interesting
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Findeton

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 04, 2011, 11:15:48 PM

Hello,

I'm new to this and am interested in the investment potential to be made from bitcoins.

It's high risk and, so far, high reward.

Are these a safer/better investment than stocks and shares?

It's not SAFE, it could go down to 0.01 tomorrow.

What will happen to the value of the bitcoin when we reach the 21 million mark and no more are issued? Will they be divided? Does this concept have a time limit?

You shouldn't care too much about that, as you won't probably be alive anyway.

Bitcoin Weekly, bitcoin analysis and commentary

14DD7MhRXuw3KDuyUuXvAsRcK4KXTT36XA
Vladimir

Activity: 812

-

View Profile
June 04, 2011, 11:20:47 PM

Direct investment into BTC:

Hight risk, it can go to 0 tomorrow.
Potentially humongous long term reward. It is not inconceivable that 1 BTC would worth tens of thousands of dollars just a few years down the road. Bitcoin valuation is growing exponentially for some time know, the only question here is how long will it keep growing at existing exponential rate.

Investment into BTC mining:

Less risk, (bitcoin valuation still can go to 0, but there is still value to be salvaged from mining operations in such a case)
Potentially humongous long term reward. As above.

-
zhalox

Activity: 175

XMR = BTC in 2010. Rise chikun.

View Profile
June 06, 2011, 07:10:48 AM

It's not going to $0.01 tomorrow, believe me, but yes I agree, mining is the best choice for those who wish to avoid the most risk.  I personally recommend buying a bitcoin or two and mining as well, for the long term.

molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2142

View Profile
June 06, 2011, 02:01:02 PM

Bitcoin valuation is growing exponentially for some time know, the only question here is how long will it keep growing at existing exponential rate.

That's not the only question, albeit a very important one Wink. Will it be linear after that? polynomial? logarithmic? geometric? periodic? Will it be positive or negative?

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
Timo Y
Legendary

Activity: 938

bitcoin - the aerogel of money

View Profile
June 06, 2011, 02:44:42 PM

Bitcoin valuation is growing exponentially for some time know, the only question here is how long will it keep growing at existing exponential rate.

That's not the only question, albeit a very important one Wink. Will it be linear after that? polynomial? logarithmic? geometric? periodic? Will it be positive or negative?

It will always be positive exponential, reflecting the growth of the world economy. Perhaps 3-5% per year. Perhaps up to 20% if there are any singularities.

GPG ID: FA868D77   bitcoin-otc:forever-d
rebuilder
Legendary

Activity: 1618

View Profile
June 06, 2011, 06:47:51 PM

It will always be positive exponential, reflecting the growth of the world economy. Perhaps 3-5% per year. Perhaps up to 20% if there are any singularities.

Far too early to say that. We haven't even seen any serious threats to the continued functioning of the economy materialize. Many uncertainties remain.

Selling out to advertisers shows you respect neither yourself nor the rest of us.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Too many low-quality posts? Mods not keeping things clean enough? Self-moderated threads let you keep signature spammers and trolls out!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.