Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:17:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: B-Eleven sha-256 ASIC miner  (Read 14621 times)
RichBC

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 07:40:30 PM

So likely they have extremely cheap electricity which would make sense.  And once they get a better batch of chips I suspect likely it's a easy switch to put new chips in.

It may of course not be their electricity cost, but the Hash Investment carries a charge of 0.5 CNY/KWh which is about 8 Cents. So far from Cheap?

Rich

→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Hard-Disk Mineable Cryptocurrency !! B U R S T C O I N 💰 Cheap Price & Easy to Invest - CHECK IT OUT NOW! !! →→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Asset exchange, Automatic transactions, Escrow system & More !!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2016, 08:02:22 PM

So likely they have extremely cheap electricity which would make sense.  And once they get a better batch of chips I suspect likely it's a easy switch to put new chips in.

It may of course not be their electricity cost, but the Hash Investment carries a charge of 0.5 CNY/KWh which is about 8 Cents. So far from Cheap?

Rich

Same thing with Hashnest. They profit by obtaining cheap power then charging customers over 8 cents per kWh.

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 08:45:17 PM

Rich

Same thing with Hashnest. They profit by obtaining cheap power then charging customers over 8 cents per kWh.

I agree they charge customer far above what they actually pay I think.  I am willing to bet they pay a few cent's..... and charge customer that 8 cent's.  Makes for extra profit for them.

There is no way hashnest pay's 8 cents even after cooling and everything.  They are well below it (I suspect at least in China mines).
alienesb

Activity: 868

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 01:51:51 PM

Rich

I agree they charge customer far above what they actually pay I think.  I am willing to bet they pay a few cent's..... and charge customer that 8 cent's.  Makes for extra profit for them.

There is no way hashnest pay's 8 cents even after cooling and everything.  They are well below it (I suspect at least in China mines).

Yeah no doubt about it, that's where their money really comes from.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 06:34:59 PM

Rich

Yeah no doubt about it, that's where their money really comes from.

If they would charge us what they get I suspect we would have a lot better chance of profit.   Cloud mining at maybe 2 cents or so of cost.... now that sounds like a pretty attractive investment to me.

But I don't see them ever sharing cheap electricity sadly.  They will keep that internal, and in some places I really don't think 1-2 cents is crazy with usage they provide.  I think they have some pretty amazing deals (this is all speculation).
RichBC

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 09:55:51 PM

Not B11 but BW have just put up for sale some used mining equipment. Unfortunately it's a graphic so cannot translate, but I guess it's indicative of things moving on.

I assume these are what were known as B1 & B9?

Rich

→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Hard-Disk Mineable Cryptocurrency !! B U R S T C O I N 💰 Cheap Price & Easy to Invest - CHECK IT OUT NOW! !! →→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Asset exchange, Automatic transactions, Escrow system & More !!
mavericklm

Activity: 742

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 09:57:50 PM

Looks like prisma and dragon Roll Eyes
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2016, 11:38:50 PM

It is... He said it was old used equipment.

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 05:25:37 AM

It is... He said it was old used equipment.

That 1.5T dragon is a HEAVY miner to.  It was in 40-50 pound range if I remember right.  I think shipping of them is going to be a little hard.  I selling that one and after was like ohhh crap this is heavier then I remember.

Are they selling in bulk? Or just single units?  I'm surprised if they are interested in spending time selling old gear 1 by 1.  The good news... maybe they are closer to spec on B11 and making room.
HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2016, 12:39:38 PM

I was curious about the new miner, so I asked BW about it via e-mail.
And I even got a response pretty quickly.  Smiley

(click on thumbnail)

Response:
Yes of course. the general release of the new miner is sure to be, but the timing is not yet known exactly.
Our staffer, who deals with these issues now is not in the office.
as will appear more detailed information about it we will tell you, the main thing that you reminded about it in advance

Original message:
Hi! Is BW going to make a general release of the newest (14nm?) miner like
Bitmain has made with Antminer S7 and Canaan Creative has done with Avalon6?
Seems like it would perform more efficiently than these miners above, which
would be great news for miners.

RichBC

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 02:06:32 PM

(click on thumbnail)

Response:
Yes of course. the general release of the new miner is sure to be, but the timing is not yet known exactly.
Our staffer, who deals with these issues now is not in the office.
as will appear more detailed information about it we will tell you, the main thing that you reminded about it in advance

Original message:
Hi! Is BW going to make a general release of the newest (14nm?) miner like
Bitmain has made with Antminer S7 and Canaan Creative has done with Avalon6?
Seems like it would perform more efficiently than these miners above, which
would be great news for miners.

Good to get a reply, even if it does not say much....  Smiley

Rich

HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2016, 02:13:02 PM

Rich

Yeah. They are up to it, but they don't promise any schedule yet  Undecided

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 04:40:36 PM

Rich

Yeah. They are up to it, but they don't promise any schedule yet  Undecided

But the good thing is it seems they did not say ohhh no home/hobby miner.  I think this will be a next gen that us normal people can get.  Which is great I think for us.

I hope we see one some with great specs....  but I will settle for them selling to home/hobby even if it takes longer Smiley.
wlefever
Legendary

Activity: 1173
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 06:01:13 PM

They said the same thing when I emailed at the end of December. They're mining in house and will release the miner to the public when it's just about obsolete for most people IMO.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  

Jump to: