Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:51:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Real life bitcoin scenario for non-bitcoiners  (Read 4744 times)
Portnoy
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1000

My money; Our Bitcoin.

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 02:02:43 AM

"Litecoin: silver pyrite to Bitcoin's gold"

Lol 

foolscoin

flash in the pan

Cheesy
xDan

Activity: 688
Merit: 500

ヽ( ㅇㅅㅇ)ノ ~!!

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 11:25:58 AM

If Litecoin becomes popular, it will be used for drugs.

It will have scandals too.

I'm going to make a prediction here, maybe I'll quote this in ten years: No first world government will make Bitcoin illegal. Probably, it'll be given special notice in legislation of some kind (i.e. We know it exists, and we want tax from any profit you make using it). And organisations that provide financial services with it will be regulated, much like banks. Anonymously operated and unregulated exchanges or e-wallets might be cracked down on (but good luck with that).

HODLing for the longest time. Skippin fast right around the moon. On a rocketship straight to mars.
Up, up and away with my beautiful, my beautiful Bitcoin~
Roger_Murdock

Activity: 342
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 01:42:54 PM

"Litecoin: silver pyrite to Bitcoin's gold"

"Litecoin: silver carbon to Bitcoin's gold"

Well, geez, it's not quite that bad. I think the ratio for the price of an ounce of gold to an ounce of carbon is around 2700 to 1. Bitcoin to Litecoin value is only around 125 to 1. On the other hand, the analogy isn't terrible. Litecoin is basically a carbon copy of Bitcoin. And I guess you could also compare it to a lump of charcoal. It's still smoldering, but it will burn itself out before too long. Or take atmospheric carbon. Some people consider that to be pollution. Some might say that Litecoin is the equivalent of pollution in the cryptocurrency space. Heck, even your diamond comparison sort of works. After all, diamonds ARE a pretty poor currency (due to a lack of fungibility and divisibility).

(And by the way, dude. I'm just messing with you. I mean, I AM a Litecoin skeptic, but I wish it, and you, good luck. Wink )
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: