Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:03:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which countries will end up adopting crypto as legal tender first?  (Read 235 times)
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2145

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 01:31:23 PM

So far we have Venezuela proposing the petro. Russia is proposing their own. I know Estonia is very crypto and tech friendly.

Petro and other state shitcoins are not cryptocurrencies, they are completely centralized state-owned electronic money, and you are very naive to think that any government in the world would create something truly decentralized.
As for which country would recognize cryptocurrencies as legal tender, by bet is on Switzerland, as it seems to be the most libertarian country in the world. The other possibility is if some third-world country would do this as part of the plan for rapid economic development based on transparency and openness.

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stayeduptolate

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 09:11:06 AM

So far we have Venezuela proposing the petro. Russia is proposing their own. I know Estonia is very crypto and tech friendly.

Where else>
There are now many countries who has legalised crypto in their nation, and I think it all depends on the the consideration of potential of bitcoin. As we all know that the bitcoin always has the potential to be very great and it depends on which country consider that potential. As you stated that Venezuela, Russia , Estonia has legalised crypto currency and I know that Florida, South Korea are two countries that has also legalised crypto and all these has experienced increase in their GDP and boost in their development.
aencarnaci

Activity: 448
Merit: 281

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 10:11:45 AM

Where else>
There are now many countries who has legalised crypto in their nation, and I think it all depends on the the consideration of potential of bitcoin. As we all know that the bitcoin always has the potential to be very great and it depends on which country consider that potential. As you stated that Venezuela, Russia , Estonia has legalised crypto currency and I know that Florida, South Korea are two countries that has also legalised crypto and all these has experienced increase in their GDP and boost in their development.
All the countries you have enlisted are great at technology and if they are recognizing bitcoin as legal currency and something worth using, it is clear message for the haters and those who think that bitcoin is not going to survive. Bitcoin is not going to decrease in popularity at all. With the passage of time, bitcoin is obviously making its way to new records and for this, we need to support it to see miracles.
sindikat

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 10:17:15 AM

Where else>
You can immediately exclude Venezuela and Russia from your list. These authoritarian States will never have a chance to be recognized in a free cryptocurrency world. I do not believe that the state cryptocurrency can be successful. The main reason for the popularity of cryptocurrencies is their decentralization.
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 09:55:40 PM

I don't think that it's necessary for bitcoin to be considered the legal tender currency of a country, in order for it to be successful. Bitcoin's value derives from the fact that it is decentralized and has a limited, hard coded supply. Not because a government says that it has to be accepted for payments of debt and taxes. Obviously, if they want to, it can be done.

Currently, I honestly don't see any countries doing this.

What I think you mean is them using blockchain technology to create their own cryptocurrency, and moving all payments on-chain. As you mentioned, venezuela is already trying to push for this, and it is possible. China and Russia seems to be investigating into this as well, so they could potentially be next. But it's important to note that these are all still fiat currencies, just in a different form.

Smiley
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: