Bitcoin Forum
February 24, 2020, 03:55:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.19.0.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there a way I can remove some of the addresses on my HD wallet on Mycelium?  (Read 2204 times)
jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2015, 05:18:16 AM

As the title said, Is there a way to remove some of the addresses on my HD wallet on my Mycelium wallet? New address appears every transaction I make so I am guessing is there a way I can remove some of the addresses?  Huh
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 06:35:09 AM

No there is no way to remove any of the addresses. That is how HD wallets are supposed to work, they create a new address for each new transaction.

You can give out the same address the whole time if you want so that all incoming funds go to a single address, that might help.

If that does not work for you then you can also create a single address and then use that address for sending and receiving funds. A single address/key can be created in MyCelium in the accounts section.

IMPORTANT: If you do create a single address remember to make a backup of that address/key. The address is not part of your other HD wallets and will not be restored when you restore the other HD wallets. If you do not make a backup you can lose everything that is stored on that address.
jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2015, 06:38:07 AM

No there is no way to remove any of the addresses. That is how HD wallets are supposed to work, they create a new address for each new transaction.

You can give out the same address the whole time if you want so that all incoming funds go to a single address, that might help.

If that does not work for you then you can also create a single address and then use that address for sending and receiving funds. A single address/key can be created in MyCelium in the accounts section.

IMPORTANT: If you do create a single address remember to make a backup of that address/key. The address is not part of your other HD wallets and will not be restored when you restore the other HD wallets. If you do not make a backup you can lose everything that is stored on that address.

I see. I do have a single address but I am mostly using my HD wallet in wvey transactions I just don't like how the address list is starting to crowd. LOL.

anyway thank you for a response.
torusJKL

Activity: 621
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 07:44:37 PM

You can create a new account where you start again with a single address.

If you find my post useful send some Bitcoin: 167XM1Za8aG9CdbYuHFMpL2kvPsw6uC8da
Bitrated || bitcoin-otc || Moon Bitcoin Faucet
Crowley2k

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 09:49:47 AM

You can create a new account where you start again with a single address.
he can also archive the one he used so it won't be so 'crowded' and the wallet will not check the addresses in that account
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.