Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 01:16:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lost bitcoin on electrum wallet  (Read 684 times)
ngeay1 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 12:53:58 PM

Hey guys,

I have used electrum wallet multiple times now, and today I have sended some xx amount of euro's to my electrum wallet. I copy/pasted the receive address by pressing on the button and sending the money to it. But now the receiving address had instantly changed and I still haven't received my money on my wallet?? It's the first time the address changed instantly, am I scammed or something. I really need help with this
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ngeay1 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 01:04:56 PM

When I google the bitcoin address my money was sent on, I see multiple links having the address.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2015, 03:29:11 PM

Hey guys,

I have used electrum wallet multiple times now, and today I have sended some xx amount of euro's to my electrum wallet. I copy/pasted the receive address by pressing on the button and sending the money to it. But now the receiving address had instantly changed and I still haven't received my money on my wallet?? It's the first time the address changed instantly, am I scammed or something. I really need help with this

Your machine is compromised, do not enter any passwords and get the malware removed. Preferably backup your data and reinstall the system (or let someone else do it for you).

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 08:54:47 PM

Did you download any altcoin wallets or something recently?

There is some malware around that changes addresses to the malware spreaders address.

Run a thorough analysis asap!
Abdussamad
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 1560

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 09:50:09 PM

Electrum hands out a different address each time you ask it to on the 'receive' tab. So it's natural that the address there will change. I suggest looking on the 'addresses' tab to see if the address you sent bitcoin to is listed there. That tab lists all the addresses in your wallet. Be sure to look under 'used' as well on that tab.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: