Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:49:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: DGB DigiByte Qubit and Myriad-Groestl Suprnova Pools  (Read 9928 times)
ocminer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2015, 08:43:18 PM

Hey folks,

I've added two Pools for DGB:

Qubit:
https://dgbq.suprnova.cc

Myriad-Groestl:
https://dgbg.suprnova.cc

Happy hashing !

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
duk3n

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 06:43:25 AM

Hi Ocminer,
I m using ccminer 2.0 on an gtx 1080 with myr-gr algorithm on dgbg.suprnova.cc.

I ve mined for few hours yesterday, and also the results are very poor ( about 30% coins productivity ). On other pools still not 100% but close to 80%. 

Your pool , after about 20 minutes shows at max less then half hashrate. On other topics i found that may be something wrong with the difficulty settings from the pool.
I tried on ccminer -f 2 , -m 2 , and other numbers  as diff  multipliers but still no improvement.

The week before i have used sgminer on few amd cards, works well about 80% from expected.

Right now i m on other pool , but i ll be glad to come back, once is fixed .

Thanks.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 05:05:15 AM
Last edit: May 20, 2017, 06:57:44 AM by QuintLeo

On the DGB-Groestl pool the issue is definitely the difficulty - the VARDIF kicks it up to insane levels VERY quickly and then takes forever to move back down at all when it DOES move back down - if one is lucky one gets about 1 MINUTE of mining as something resembling full rate before the VARDIF goes crazy, usually on it's second adjustment.

The difficulty modifiers in ccminer do NOT help at all on this issue.

GTX 1080 get hit VERY bad by this, but 1070s get hit by it pretty hard too.

IMO kick the max VARDIF down to around .1 difficulty (as reported by ccminer) if you want this pool to be useable for higher-end cards.

I also noticed that the difficulty numbers reported by the POOL seem to have ZERO relationship to the difficulty numbers reported by the miner - this might be related to the core issue.
 I also noticed that the "dashboard" page on this pool doesn't seem to be working well if at all, as ALL of the graphs never report anything on that page.

The only reason I even looked at this pool is that theblocksfactory's DGB-Groestl pool seems to have crashed and it taking a while to get back up, or it's getting DDOSed (though to be fair it seems like that pool shorts me a significant amount of hashrate too).

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
ocminer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2017, 08:30:55 AM

On the DGB-Groestl pool the issue is definitely the difficulty - the VARDIF kicks it up to insane levels VERY quickly and then takes forever to move back down at all when it DOES move back down - if one is lucky one gets about 1 MINUTE of mining as something resembling full rate before the VARDIF goes crazy, usually on it's second adjustment.

IMO kick the max VARDIF down to around .1 difficulty (as reported by ccminer) if you want this pool to be useable for higher-end cards.

You can either: Just wait for 2-3 mins after starting mining to let vardiff settle a bit.

Or set a direct difficulty by using d=4 as password, whereas 4 is the diff you want.

I also noticed that the difficulty numbers reported by the POOL seem to have ZERO relationship to the difficulty numbers reported by the miner - this might be related to the core issue.
 I also noticed that the "dashboard" page on this pool doesn't seem to be working well if at all, as ALL of the graphs never report anything on that page.

I've fixed the dashboard, thanks for info.

The only reason I even looked at this pool is that theblocksfactory's DGB-Groestl pool seems to have crashed and it taking a while to get back up, or it's getting DDOSed (though to be fair it seems like that pool shorts me a significant amount of hashrate too).

That was an issue with the dashboard, fixed.

QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 10:29:01 AM
Last edit: May 20, 2017, 12:30:07 PM by QuintLeo

You can either: Just wait for 2-3 mins after starting mining to let vardiff settle a bit.

Or set a direct difficulty by using d=4 as password, whereas 4 is the diff you want.

The VARDIF difficulty never settles at a resonable level - it STAYS crazy high for a lot longer than 2-3 minutes, when running multi-card 1070 or even on my single-card 1080 rig - I've seen it STILL being crazy-high and pretty close to ZERO shares being generated after well over an hour of mining.
 It's AFTER the 2-3 minute period that it starts going crazy-high - the first couple of minutes of mining work well THEN the difficulty gets jumped up so high you get pretty close to zero shares.
 It does NOT "settle down some" after 2-3 minutes - if anything, it settles UP way too bloody high to be usable starting at that point.
 Even after an HOUR of mining I was rarely seeing even 50% of my MINER-side hashrate on the pool, more commonly 5%-20%, because the diff was so high no shares were getting generated, and often I'd see 3-5 blocks go by with ZERO shares at all.

This was all using the same ccminer settings (except pool-specific ones) that I had been using on theblocksfactory's DGB-Groestl pool and getting 90% or better average of "miner hashrate" over a 5+ minute period on the poolside there (I know to expect variation).

I tried doing the "set difficulty using d=4 as a password" thing, didn't seem to do anything with ANY of the settings I tried on that option - SAME identical behavior when I was testing that idea on my 1080 single rig.
 It also was NOT documented on that pool but I remembered seeing it as an option on at least one of your other pools so I figured I'd try it.

(Edit)
 Yep, dashboard looks much better now, it actually has information on it!
 8-)

The difficulty the pool reports on the dashboard page isn't even close the difficulty ccminer is assigning - not sure if that's an issue or if it's more of a "different reporting" type thing.

d=# fixed difficulty option DEFINITELY is not working on the groestl pool - just tried it again and I'm seeing it do VARDIF difficulty increases.
 VARDIF difficulty actually DOES drop now, though it's slow to do so - as I recall from my earlier testing it would go up but didn't seem to EVER want to go back down again even after 5-10 minutes of getting almost no shares and watching multiple "new block" messages per share.

It doesn't drop very fast though, and it keeps jumping WAY back up as soon as I start getting more than 1 or 2 shares per block again - pool reported hashrate PEAKED at about 50% of my miner hashrate, and has been DROPPING since about the first 2 minutes - it spent 3-4 minutes getting LESS THAN 3 Mh/sec ON THE POOL on a 85+ Mh at the miner single GTX 1080 rig, ballpark 15 minutes into this test run.
 It seems to be going back up some now, but it's still never seen 50% of miner rate.

I can't say what exactly is wrong, but VARDIF on this pool is DEFINITELY not working right or even CLOSE to right - my guess is that it's set to aim at a target that is WAY TOO HIGH.

I'm going to leave the one rig pointed this way overnight just to see if it makes a difference - but after looking at my stats from when I had ALL of my 1070 rigs and the 1080 pointed at this pool, I note that the highest full hour I had (out of about 4 hours I had my machines pointed this way) was around HALF of the "miner-reported" hashrate of all of them combined, which indicates that the VARDIF too high issue does NOT "settle down" at any point.

(second edit)

Checked suprnova GAME pool - that's working reasonably well, 5-10% variation from one hour to the next and getting about the same hashrate reported by the pool as I used to see out of LiteCoinPool or LiteGuardian when I was mining Litecoin.

Hour and a half into the current test run, on DGB-Groestl pool giving me 8 Mh/sec down to ZERO over period covered by the "dashboard", and less than 30 Mh/sec on the "full hour" report in the middle of this run - on an 85+ Mh (miner side) rig that pulls fairly close to that on theblocksfactory.
 VARDIF does NOT "settle in" at any point at a REASONABLE difficulty level when looking at the miner itself as far as I can scroll it back.

Forget this pool 'till the issue(s) get FIXED - VARDIF is definitely BROKEN on this DGB-Groestl pool, going way too high and STAYING there for way too long at a time.

Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
ocminer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2017, 05:53:20 PM

I've tweaked the Vardiff settings and also enabled manual diff setting via the password now, try again !

ocminer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2017, 10:07:37 PM

This would be a cmdline using a static diff of 0.03:

Code:
./ccminer -a myr-gr -o stratum+tcp://dgbg.suprnova.cc:7978 -u suprnova.1 -p d=0.03

mksm85

Activity: 4

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 12:21:41 AM

So which version of ccminer should be used? I'm using the one from theblocksfactory (v1.2 with myr-gr) since the dashboard shows the correct hash rate.

ccminer 2.0 reports a better hash rate than with 1.2 but the pool doesn't agree - I'm getting ~30% of what ccminer shows me.

I'm mining with a GTX1070 on Win10 64b.

Best,
mksm
rossie

Activity: 963
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 03:52:43 AM

This would be a cmdline using a static diff of 0.03:

Code:
./ccminer -a myr-gr -o stratum+tcp://dgbg.suprnova.cc:7978 -u suprnova.1 -p d=0.03

Thats working just perfect... thanks
also sent some donations  Wink

So which version of ccminer should be used? I'm using the one from theblocksfactory (v1.2 with myr-gr) since the dashboard shows the correct hash rate.

ccminer 2.0 reports a better hash rate than with 1.2 but the pool doesn't agree - I'm getting ~30% of what ccminer shows me.

Best,
mksm

Use ccminer 2.0 tpruvot...
mksm85

Activity: 4

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 04:00:10 AM

Use ccminer 2.0 tpruvot...

Yeah, that's the one from: https://github.com/tpruvot/ccminer/. Shows a much lower hash rate in the dashboard.
QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 06:02:25 AM
Last edit: May 21, 2017, 07:04:48 AM by QuintLeo

Best,
mksm

The tpruvot ccminer 2.0 is what I've been using, shows up in theblocksfactory pool hashrate as quite close to the miner reported hashrate if you let it settle down for 10-15 perhaps 20 at most minutes.

I've got stuff running on that test machine that's going to take some time to finish, will go test out the changes to suprnova in an hour or so.

(edit)
 confirm d= is working but d=0.03 in my testing wasn't giving very many blocks and 30-50% of "rated" hashrate range.
 d=0.02 is working quite a bit better so far, actually seeing a pool-side hashrate over 55 Mh/s (vs miner at 86+) for the first time (current rate has flattened out at a little over 70 MH/s and seems inclined to stay there give or take small normal variations).

VARDIF however is STILL bouncing up to crazy high values then taking forever to come back down again - no visible change.

VARDIF will consistantly bounce my miner up to a value in the .1-.12 difficulty range on it's first adjustment that happens something like a minute after the start - which is VERY high for this algo and yields very few shares to work on - then the SECOND adjustment 30 seconds to a minute later consistantly bounces the diff up OVER 0.5 which yields pretty close to ZERO blocks - and then it takes a long time to get back down UNDER 0.1 where a significant number of the shares are at on difficulty.
 When I watch the actual difficulty reported for each share, I see pretty close to none of them at 0.1 or higher, very few at 0.05 or higher, and the bulk of them at under 0.03

ocminer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2017, 05:52:53 PM

Best,
mksm

The tpruvot ccminer 2.0 is what I've been using, shows up in theblocksfactory pool hashrate as quite close to the miner reported hashrate if you let it settle down for 10-15 perhaps 20 at most minutes.

I've got stuff running on that test machine that's going to take some time to finish, will go test out the changes to suprnova in an hour or so.

(edit)
 confirm d= is working but d=0.03 in my testing wasn't giving very many blocks and 30-50% of "rated" hashrate range.
 d=0.02 is working quite a bit better so far, actually seeing a pool-side hashrate over 55 Mh/s (vs miner at 86+) for the first time (current rate has flattened out at a little over 70 MH/s and seems inclined to stay there give or take small normal variations).

VARDIF however is STILL bouncing up to crazy high values then taking forever to come back down again - no visible change.

VARDIF will consistantly bounce my miner up to a value in the .1-.12 difficulty range on it's first adjustment that happens something like a minute after the start - which is VERY high for this algo and yields very few shares to work on - then the SECOND adjustment 30 seconds to a minute later consistantly bounces the diff up OVER 0.5 which yields pretty close to ZERO blocks - and then it takes a long time to get back down UNDER 0.1 where a significant number of the shares are at on difficulty.
 When I watch the actual difficulty reported for each share, I see pretty close to none of them at 0.1 or higher, very few at 0.05 or higher, and the bulk of them at under 0.03

Yup, just use the static difficulty setting, that's why it's implemented

rednoW
Legendary

Activity: 1510
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 02:26:30 PM

what's the hell with the myr-groestl pool last hour? It cannot be just a bad luck ((
ocminer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2017, 02:28:12 PM

what's the hell with the myr-groestl pool last hour? It cannot be just a bad luck ((

huh ? check the round shares, we're at 57% of the current estimated shares, it's all good

rednoW
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 02:30:32 PM

huh ? check the round shares, we're at 57% of the current estimated shares, it's all good
check last hour! It is 227% luck, block 4539386 was with 1143% luck. With such low block time as for DGB it cannot be bad luck
ocminer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2017, 02:38:11 PM

check last hour! It is 227% luck, block 4539386 was with 1143% luck. With such low block time as for DGB it cannot be bad luck

Last three blocks are well below 50%..

I've checked the logs and cannot see any errors but i've restarted the daemon for you

rednoW
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 03:08:06 PM

Seems that it helps, thanks!
ioglnx

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

Fighting mob law and inquisition in this forum

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 07:00:07 AM

You can also use the Skein DGB at Suprnova that was freshly implemented  :-D
Works great

https://dgbs.suprnova.cc

GTX 1080Ti rocks da house... seriously... this card is a beast³
Owning by now 18x GTX1080Ti :-D @serious love of efficiency
rednoW
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 05:17:04 PM

I cannot use one DGB wallet address as a payout address on both skein and mr-groestl pools, pool says the address already in use, very inconvenient ((
ocminer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2017, 05:24:41 PM

I cannot use one DGB wallet address as a payout address on both skein and mr-groestl pools, pool says the address already in use, very inconvenient ((

You cannot use the same address on all three pools, every address must be unique

bakuon

Activity: 3

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 11:47:29 AM

Is there a forum for Suprnova's DGB Skein pool?

What's up with the dashboard for the Skein pool? I'm getting coins from it, but the dashboard just never seems to update or load any of the graphs, even if I leave it running for more than 24 hours, with several page refreshes...
Plumbus

Activity: 45

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 05:49:39 PM

The reported hashrate in the pool dashboard is about half of my actual hashrate in ccminer. Is this just a reporting issue am I doing something wrong?
duk3n

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 05:53:54 PM

The reported hashrate in the pool dashboard is about half of my actual hashrate in ccminer. Is this just a reporting issue am I doing something wrong?

Use static diff. Somewhere between .03 up to .128 should work fine depemd on the graphic card. I suggest .1 for gtx 1070
Plumbus

Activity: 45

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 06:04:28 PM

Use static diff. Somewhere between .03 up to .128 should work fine depemd on the graphic card. I suggest .1 for gtx 1070
Thanks, what about a rig with a 1080 and a 1070? Higher difficulty?
duk3n

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 06:09:11 PM

Thanks, what about a rig with a 1080 and a 1070? Higher difficulty?

.1 should be fine, run for few minutes , if is ok let it like that, if you have too many shares rise it , if are  less then 10 per minutes lower it down. Somewhere in between 20 30 shares per minute is good for the miner and also for the pool.
ocminer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2017, 08:51:09 PM

Is there a forum for Suprnova's DGB Skein pool?

What's up with the dashboard for the Skein pool? I'm getting coins from it, but the dashboard just never seems to update or load any of the graphs, even if I leave it running for more than 24 hours, with several page refreshes...

Dashboard is now fixed

Vladeg

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 09:13:32 AM

What port I should use at dgbs.suprnova.cc?
ocminer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2017, 09:30:13 AM

Vladeg

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 11:42:55 AM

And one more question. I can't put same wallet in different DGB pools. Is this bug?
ocminer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2017, 11:43:25 AM

And one more question. I can't put same wallet in different DGB pools. Is this bug?

No, you need a new address for every pool, this is a security measure

ioglnx

Activity: 574

Fighting mob law and inquisition in this forum

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 07:34:50 AM

Hi Ocminer,

you should update the hint text about the algo at the mainpage.
It still shows qubit :-D Copycat issue I assume :-D

GTX 1080Ti rocks da house... seriously... this card is a beast³
Owning by now 18x GTX1080Ti :-D @serious love of efficiency
theguvner

Activity: 40

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 01:47:11 AM

Hey guys,

I'm mining dgb-skein on a 980Ti so trying to set the difficulty to around 0.05 but even using the below string it seems VARDIFF is still running?

ccminer --algo=skein -o stratum+tcp://dgbs.suprnova.cc:5226 -u *********.********* -p d=0.05

Am I doing something wrong? Do I have to set the password in My Workers to the same "d=0.05" ?
JetstoBrazil

Activity: 31

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 02:57:12 AM

connection to the myriad groestl pool keeps getting interrupted. was working fine for ages before today.. becoming a bit of a pain in the ass. Other pools work fine but i dont like other pools. Any way this can be fixed?
ocminer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2017, 08:04:51 AM

connection to the myriad groestl pool keeps getting interrupted. was working fine for ages before today.. becoming a bit of a pain in the ass. Other pools work fine but i dont like other pools. Any way this can be fixed?

Should be fixed now !

JetstoBrazil

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 08:34:45 AM

Should be fixed now !

still getting disconnected Sad
ocminer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2017, 08:38:06 AM

Should be fixed now !

Hmm just checked the logs and couldn't find any errors on https://dgbg.suprnova.cc ... :-( Whats the disconnect reason you have ? Can you access the pool still when you're disconnected ?

JetstoBrazil

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 01:47:41 AM

Should be fixed now !

Hmm just checked the logs and couldn't find any errors on https://dgbg.suprnova.cc ... :-( Whats the disconnect reason you have ? Can you access the pool still when you're disconnected ?
it does not give a reason. i can still access the pool yes.. it just drops the connection and reconnects pretty much right away but it resets the difficulty. 
ssnova

Activity: 49

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 12:49:20 AM

Hey guys, I need some help.

I'm trying to get SGminer 5.6.1 (windows) to work with Digibyte Myriad-Groestl Suprnova Pool.

I created a bat file that I put into the SGminer folder and here's the contents of it:

setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
sgminer.exe -I 20 -g 4 -w 128 -k myriadcoin-groestl --no-submit-stale -o stratum+tcp://dgbg.suprnova.cc:7978 -u worker.01 -p workerpw

However I get a few failure notices when I try to start it:

"
error: Clang front-end compilation failed!
Frontend phase failed compilation.
Error: Compiling CL to IR

Failed to init GPU thread 0, disabling device 0
Restarting the GPU from the menu will not fix this.
Re-check your configuration and try restarting.
"

Other notes:
I'm running 3 R9 Fury's and 1 Radeon Pro Duo with driver 16.32 on windows 7

ssnova

Activity: 49

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 02:12:38 AM

I'm trying to get SGminer 5.6.1 (windows) to work with Digibyte Myriad-Groestl Suprnova Pool.

I created a bat file that I put into the SGminer folder and here's the contents of it:

sgminer.exe -I 20 -g 4 -w 128 -k myriadcoin-groestl --no-submit-stale -o stratum+tcp://dgbg.suprnova.cc:7978 -u worker.01 -p workerpw

"

"

Other notes:

Ok, through some trial and error I got pass this stage, however I'm still having issues, on suprnova it does not show a hash rating, nor is it getting any coins.

This is what my .bat files looks like now:

sgminer.exe -I 13 -w 128 -k myr-gr --no-submit-stale -o  stratum+tcp://dgbg.suprnova.cc:7978 -u worker.01 -p workerpw

This executes and runs, and everything as far as I can tell looks ok, but I'm not getting a hashrate on my pool(ran it for like 15 minutes), nor is it getting any coins, indicating that it's not mining for the pool.

Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong? Anything stand out that may be missing for my script?  Anyone running SGminer w/AMD cards successfully on Suprnova pool?  Also, what does the "-w 128" specify??
qhead

Activity: 24

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 12:39:33 PM

Sad to say but suprnova pools have turned to shit lately. I've a lot of miners and it happens more often than not that when I switch coin half of the workers can't get work from the pool. I had to switch to another dgb pool because of this crap and now mona has the same problem. Thank god it's been mostly zcash lately.

I don't know what's going on with the pools, overloaded servers or what but not very excited to point my workers to suprnova pools anymore.
john1010

Activity: 2072
Merit: 562

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2017, 02:28:04 AM

"

"

Other notes:

I've got also having problem with my rig using rx480, rx570 AORUS 4GB and Nitro+ rx 570 8gb, my rig got BSOD but my other rig with 4x rx480 run smoothly have you guys a solution for this? thanks
rossie

Activity: 963
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 04:31:57 AM

Whats going on with this pool? Something wrong?
@ocminer: can you check everything is right? just in case... from my side the earnings dropped pretty bad...
aliashraf
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1174

Always remember the cause!

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2017, 08:29:33 PM

This pool really sucks with dgb, unbelievable diff bounces like a crazy , hashrate is irrelevant, you get no valuable statistics to check whether it does fairplay.

I am pointing a 5X1070 to this pool for hours, desperately trying to figure out some reasonable index to compare my shares with my reported hashpower it goes down to 24 Mh/s from 185 or so while the miner reports up to 308 it is not luck.

Plus, the interface sucks, you need to log-in to see your worker and for example you can not prove your income to a share holder unless you disclose your password to her, I think the designer doesn't have a clue of what a miner needs in terms of statistics and monitoring or it is just a scam: you point your miner to this horrible server and get what they want to give which is far less than half of the work that your miner is  actually doing for them. I will cut this slavery relationship forever.
49erminer

Activity: 11

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 10:15:57 PM
Last edit: July 30, 2017, 03:06:33 AM by 49erminer

Can dgbg.suprnova.cc be fixed to correctly reward work being done with ccminer?

I have a rig with 3 older AMD cards and 2 new 1070s. I'm mining on the AMD cards with sgminer-x11mod, and on the NVidia cards with ccminer-8.11-KlausT. I have a separate worker on suprnova for each of the two sets of cards.

sgminer reports a hash rate of 115 MH/s. ccminer reports a hash rate of 160 MH/s. Both miners are running at difficulty 0.139 (sgminer reports accepted shares with Diff 0.201/0.139, ccminer's last line showing stratum diff change says "Stratum difficulty set to 0.139063") and diff appears to be stable once the miners reach 0.139. ccminer and sgminer get to this diff in about the same amount of time regardless of whether I use the worker password or the "d=0.139" diff setting in place of the password.

After both miners run for 30 minutes, the AMD cards have found 318 shares, 315 accepted, 3 rejected. The NVidia cards have only found 163 shares, 160 accpeted, 3 rejected. In other words, ccminer is hashing 140% faster than sgminer, and only finding half the shares at the same difficulty in the same length of time.

Worker stats on the dashboard look like this:
     Worker             Hashrate     Difficulty
****.***AMD      123,253.49      35.6
****.***CUDA       45,790.61     35.6

I have no idea how the dashboard difficulty of 35.6 relates to the miner reported difficulty of 0.139, at least the dashboard shows difficulty is the same for both miners.

The effective hashrate for the CUDA worker is the main problem on the dashboard. The AMD worker hash rate appears to be correct, it is most often centered around the miner hash rate of 115, + or - 10, with rare outliers as low as 75 or as high as 155.  The CUDA worker hash rate is never close to the miner reported hash rate, it is most often centered around 42 (26% of the miner reported hash rate!), + or - 10 with rare outliers as low as 22 or as high as 62.  

This degraded hash rate shows up on the suprnova pool when using any of the following versions of ccminer, v2.0-x86, v2.0-x64, v2.1-tribus, and v8.11-KlausT. Playing with ccminer's -f and -m options range from no effect with settings close to 1, an even lower acceptance rate with -m 2, or a >50% rejection rate with -f 2.

Until the problem with ccminer on dgbc.suprnova.cc can be fixed, what other pools are people pointing their miners to for DGB Myriad-Groestl?
duk3n

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 05:25:59 AM

use theblockfactory.. I 'll be happy to comeback to suprnova... with my gtxs.. For a while I used 0.1 static diff and was ok. I tried 1 week ago still pool not usable for gtx. (ccminer)

49erminer

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 02:48:21 AM

use theblockfactory.. I 'll be happy to comeback to suprnova... with my gtxs.. For a while I used 0.1 static diff and was ok. I tried 1 week ago still pool not usable for gtx. (ccminer)

Pointed my miners at theblocksfactory. Initially I was disappointed, effective hash rate for myr-gr with ccminer v8.11-klausT was the same 25% of the miner reported hashrate I had seen on suprnova.

After changing the bat file to use ccminer v2.1-tribus instead of v8.11-klausT, I'm seeing an average effective hash rate that matches the miner reported hash rate, yes!

I'll be back to dgbg.suprnova.cc if/when it and some version of ccminer myr-gr interact as expected.

Also, something appears to be wrong with the myr-gr algorithm in ccminer v8.11-klausT. If I let theblocksfactory vardiff do it's thing, sgminer, reporting 115MH/s, switches between diffs of .128 and .256. v2.1, reporting 152MH/s, switches between diffs of .128, .256, and .512. v8.11-klausT, running on the same two cards as v2.1 and reporting 163MH/s, switches between diffs of .032 and .064. Even at this lower diff, v8.11 submits many fewer shares in the same time and has an average effective hash rate of 25% of what is reported by the miner. This probably isn't a pool problem as it happens on more than one pool.  

Thank you for recommending theblocksfactory.
ocminer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2017, 06:52:08 AM

From what i see the hashrate and shares reported / submitted by some ccminer versions are fake and therefore those versions are all not working on suprnova.

with the static diff setting you could effectively circumvent the check and "steal" from the other miners - thats why its permanently disabled

49erminer

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 09:03:07 PM

From what i see the hashrate and shares reported / submitted by some ccminer versions are fake and therefore those versions are all not working on suprnova.
Ok, good to know. What I see is, I tried sending shares to dgbg.suprnova with 4 different versions of ccminer, all of them showed ~75% of reported hash rate disappearing somewhere. I tried sending shares to theblocksfactory with 2 versions of ccminer, and 1 of them worked as expected with miner reported hash rate and pool reported average effective hash rate being a close match.

I'm new to mining with NVidia GPUs and all the information I've found so far about Myriad-Groestl mining software for NVidia GPUs recommends some version of ccminer.  Can you recommend a version of ccminer that is known to work with dgbg.suprnova? Or alternatively, can you recommend some other non-ccminer Myriad-Groestl mining software for NVidia GPUs that you know works with dgbg.suprnova?  

with the static diff setting you could effectively circumvent the check and "steal" from the other miners - thats why its permanently disabled
I don't run a pool, so I won't pretend I understand what check a static diff can circumvent, or how using a static diff could lead to stolen shares. I'll take your word for it.

Good to know that static diff is permanently disabled on dgbg.suprnova. For me, static diff simplifies tuning, benchmarking, comparing mining rigs, or comparing different mining software. The rest of the time, I'm happy to let vardiff change the diff as needed.

I do have a couple of suggestions for improvements to the dgbg.suprnova dashboard.
  • If static diff is permanently disabled, please remove the text above the example code and the text in the -p field of the example code that tells/shows how to enable static diff. Otherwise you risk confusing and frustrating miners who are interested in using a static diff. Wink
  • Since there are problems with at least 4 versions of ccminer when sending shares to dgbg.suprnova, you could help miners using NVidia GPUs who want to send shares to dgbg.suprnova by changing the beginning of the example code from ./ccminer... to ./[foldername-for-ccminer-version-known-to-work-with-dgbg.suprnova]/ccminer... or ./[non-ccminer-that-works-with-dgbg.suprnova]/[suprminer]...
  • It would be easier to see how workers are doing if values in the Difficulty column of the workers table matched the values that suprnova is telling the mining software to use.

I'll be back to dgbg.suprnova if/when I find software that solves Myriad-Groestl shares on NVidia GPUs in a way that dgbg.suprnova accepts/recognizes. Till then, I'll have to submit those shares to a different pool.
car1999

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 02:44:41 AM

Can I check my 24 hours average hashrate?
P4ndoraBox

Activity: 711

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 04:03:24 AM

Hi.

Last days, I had a normal hashrate for my 6 gpu rigs :

CCminer hashrate - Around 275 Mh/s
Pool hashrate - Around 235 Mh/s

------

Today, I have the usual CCminer hashrate, but my pool effective hashrate is around 35-40 Mh/s.

How can I fix that ?

Main post : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2074862.0
P4ndoraBox

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 04:10:06 AM

Picture of my 5 gpu rig, check the first worker.

CCMiner :

Pool hashrate :

a4si

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 10:19:32 AM

Is it something wrong with DGB Skein pool?

It's almost two hour that we found last block... average is otherwise 15min... are we having big bad luck time?
a4si

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 10:42:23 AM

It was indeed a streak of bad luck.... founding blocks again now
P4ndoraBox

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 04:31:03 AM

I used another miner. Krauslt one and my hashrate went up drastically.

Pool payouts are way lower recently cause the price spike that happened recently, more miners wanted to mine DGB.

DGB payouts should be higher soon enough since the price is going down a bit.

duk3n

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 06:54:20 AM

Pool payouts are way lower recently cause the price spike that happened recently, more miners wanted to mine DGB.

May I have a link with this Krauslt miner ?
Thanks !
P4ndoraBox

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 08:13:22 AM

May I have a link with this Krauslt miner ?
Thanks !

Ccminer.org , go to kraustl version.

Add -i 25 in batfile. Should be ok.
AU_AG

Activity: 305

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 07:20:10 PM

Is Myriad-Groestl and Groestl the same? If my mining method can only mine Myriad-groestl  can I also mine Groestl

Thx
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: