Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 05:28:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: US Presidential Democrat Candidates...any one to care about?  (Read 1667 times)
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2015, 07:20:15 PM

Yup, + 1 again.

I think that is exactly what would happen, all kinds of abuse potential out there re a cryptocurrency and politicians.  Maybe as the Bitcoin Ecosystem get stronger, it will become more resistant to political tampering.

There is still a major BTC weakness: cashing it in for goods or fiat.  Still, were BTC to become really big, maybe that problem would solve itself.  But, if BTC becomes really BIG, then that would attract the interest of politicians...
If you guys are talking about regulation, then you do have a point and I agree. Otherwise, you would be wrong. While they can do a lot in regards to regulation (will probably mess it up), like they did in NY, they can't do anything to Bitcoin (i.e. mess with it). What does this mean exactly? Bitcoin as a protocol can be influenced easily. Even if a ban were to occur, it doesn't really do much. Bitcoin will work whatever they decide.
If it does become popular, then they can't really do anything bad to it without losing support.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Seketsuna

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 07:18:11 AM

Feel the Bern Smiley he has the best campaign ever.

I would disagree completely.  During the D-Debate, Bernie handed Hillary The Crown to the Nomination!  By bleating about how no one wants to hear about her "damn emails", he lost ALL CREDIBILITY!  He should have attacked...

Bernie contends that he is against "the billionaires".  Maybe, maybe not.  But, he just ensured that Hillary would win the nomination. And Hillary gets TONS of money from Wall Street and the biggest banks (Lloyd Blankfein (Goldman Sachs) and Jamie Dimon (JPMorgan Chase) are both Democrats).

And she will, barring the unlikely event of a felony indictment via the FBI investigation...

bryant.coleman is right.  She will win unless she is touched by the "Just-us Department".

He didn't attack because he wants to focus on what's important, the real issues that people care about. Do you really give a shit about emails, and if you do is it because you legitimately care, or is it because she's a dem and it makes her look bad so that's sweet. That's part of the republicans problem, they want to focus on attacking things, people, cultures, minorities, etc.

Besides, when the inevitable attacks from Hillary and her superpacs come, it makes her look bad since Bernie didn't attack her.

I got mad respect for Bernie. I don't agree with everything he says, but he is a man of principle at least. Hillary just follows the polls, she was against gay marriage until the very last second, then she was all for it. I might vote for him, too early to say.

This election is fairly important in that the next president will be in office while 3 SCOTUS jusitces are 80+, a 4th is 78, and some have health issues. Of the three that are 80+, one is liberal, one is conservativbe, and one is a swing vote. The current split is more or less 4 liberal, 4 conservative, 1 swing. Most divisive decisions end up being 5-4. So whether the next president is dem or republican will have significant impact on SCOTUS and the decisions it makes.

I'm pretty certain Bernie will win, he has way more support than Obama did at the same point in his campaign, and he appeals to the same voters.
OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 06:10:10 PM

Biden is not going to run.  And Obama appearing next to him at Biden's White House announcement likely means that the Justus Department will not indict Hillary.  Hillary, IMO, has now locked up the nomination.  She has the money and the majority of the D-Team support.

Predictor/Economist Martin Armstrong's take today:

"Biden bows to Hillary & Bankers"

http://www.armstrongeconomics.com/archives/38492

Hillary is the candidate of the banksters and the billionaires...........

Seketsuna

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 06:53:28 PM

Hillary is the candidate of the banksters and the billionaires...........

Hillary is a republican in disguise. Same shit, different pile.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 02:33:45 AM

Biden is not going to run.  And Obama appearing next to him at Biden's White House announcement likely means that the Justus Department will not indict Hillary.  Hillary, IMO, has now locked up the nomination.  She has the money and the majority of the D-Team support.

Now it is a direct Clinton vs Sanders fight, with Sanders ahead in some of the white-dominated states such as New Hampshire. However, Clinton will get 99% of the African-American, Hispanic and LGBT votes, which will enable her to destroy Sanders. I think Biden will be the VP candidate, in case Hillary wins the Democrat nomination.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 03:42:11 AM

....Do you really give a shit about emails, and if you do is it because you legitimately care, or is it because she's a dem and it makes her look bad so that's sweet.....
No, it's just a right out in the open demonstration of total incompetence, total inability to manage even simple things, and possible brain damage.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: