Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:43:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Free electricity  (Read 2526 times)
CoinSkipper

Activity: 136
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 08:06:50 AM

AntMiner all the way. They're (relatively) silent and can pump out a good hash rate.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 11:35:45 AM

AntMiner all the way. They're (relatively) silent and can pump out a good hash rate.

This is not true on many Bitmain miners.  Some run hot and loud by default.  Silent is not something many of them are called.

If OP tells us a certain one some are more quiet then others but as general rule S4, S5, S7 I would not consider quiet by any means.
zodiac3011

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 12:20:41 AM

Free electricity is one thing. Others you should consider is: budget, noise and heat. Antminer is always a star to shine. Antminer S5 will be the best option you got but the noise is huge so you will need some mod for it
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 12:45:07 AM

Free electricity is one thing. Others you should consider is: budget, noise and heat. Antminer is always a star to shine. Antminer S5 will be the best option you got but the noise is huge so you will need some mod for it

I just had a look I think we can let this thread die OP last login: Last Active:    October 16, 2015, 03:00:45 PM   So chances are he will not be reading anything put in here.... so really serves no purpose.

With "free" electricity yes you can make money.   Its pretty simple on ROI.
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 07:35:44 AM

Hello

I know a bit about bitcoin
I have free electricity. So is it worth mining ? if yes how should I start ?
Thank you

Free Electricity that is sweet, and I think you can profit and start with your budget, think of  a machine that will work for you most like an antminer series, if you know how to mod then you will never ever have problem with the noise, the cooling process is a bit tricky one and there are many you can choose from so goodluck and have fun in your ROI
Guiomar

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 06:13:01 PM

Be careful with "free electricity" someone has to pay for it. That someone might be very unhappy if they find out that the usage multiplied.
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 01:14:46 PM

Be careful with "free electricity" someone has to pay for it. That someone might be very unhappy if they find out that the usage multiplied.

If they found out! I think if it is an apartment type then you have a free internet then it's a big yes that your land lord will found out about it, but there is free internet like solar, wind, and hydro powered electricity that provide free electricity,
traderbit

Activity: 798

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2015, 01:22:51 PM

Since it is free why not experiment with the mining rigs.
To see if it worth mining or not, as long as you have the free electricity.
There is a reason for this, maybe the electricity is very cheap to be produced in that location or maybe only for students?

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 04:49:48 PM

Since it is free why not experiment with the mining rigs.
To see if it worth mining or not, as long as you have the free electricity.
There is a reason for this, maybe the electricity is very cheap to be produced in that location or maybe only for students?

It depends on how you get the "free" electricity.  Most student locations I lived in with "free" electricity it was limited due to not giving a ton of electricity to apartment or dorm room.  Also in both I really did not want to mine in my bedroom.  So i put them elsewhere and paid for electricity.

If it is included in rent sure go for it.  Just don't go crazy on amount.  Speaking as someone who pays electricity if you go big it makes a pretty large electricity bill, you landlord will not be happy if you add 10k watts worth of gear.  So moderation is key.   And if it is mom/day paying it honestly talk to them before mining.
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 2942

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2015, 03:12:59 PM

it depend now how much you're willing to invest, with free electricity buying the s7 would be dull, i would recommend the best cheap miners out there, unless you have problem with space in your room

the s3 should be good enough for this

I agree because one the advantages of s7 (and why it costs so much) is the more efficient power consumption than in cheaper models. Since you have free electricity you don't need s7 for 1823 USD. You can buy something much cheaper, some old, maybe even some used miners.
Much cheaper i think is avalon 4.1  the price is around 1.3-1.6 bitcoins
Hash rate is 1.3TH/s wattage around 600-700.
Much cheaper than ant miner s7.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
anthonycamp

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 03:16:29 PM

it depend now how much you're willing to invest, with free electricity buying the s7 would be dull, i would recommend the best cheap miners out there, unless you have problem with space in your room

the s3 should be good enough for this

I agree because one the advantages of s7 (and why it costs so much) is the more efficient power consumption than in cheaper models. Since you have free electricity you don't need s7 for 1823 USD. You can buy something much cheaper, some old, maybe even some used miners.
Much cheaper i think is avalon 4.1  the price is around 1.3-1.6 bitcoins
Hash rate is 1.3TH/s wattage around 600-700.
Much cheaper than ant miner s7.

one of best choices i heard here
HarryKPeters

Activity: 896

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 06:26:16 PM

Bitcoin mining is really riskful. Even if you have 'free' electricity.
F.e.

The current S7 batch 6 cost 4 BTC.

It will give you approx. 0.0323 BTC per day.
http://www.coinwarz.com/calculators/bitcoin-mining-calculator/?h=4000&p=1180.00&pc=0&pf=0.00&d=62253982449.76080000&r=25.00000000&er=390.06000000&hc=0.00

So without difficulty factors your ROI would be 123 days. This offcourse is a Utopia. When it reach you in dec 2017, you will need a min. of 5 months to get ROI.
>> This is just for your miner. Remember you have to buy a PSU too. Which will cost you an addiotional 3 weeks to get ROI.

The only way to get a decent profit would be to sell it.

Figure out what happens for people/companies who have to pay (cheap) electricty. Yes they get bulk discount.. but is it really profittable (I mean the big bucks). Nope.

Royal Bank of Scotland

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 07:23:13 PM

If you have free electricity and can withstand the noise, then buy a cheap miner to do some tests. If you know how to operate that one, then expand slowly.
Snipe85

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

Infleum

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 10:55:58 PM

Bitcoin mining is really riskful. Even if you have 'free' electricity.
F.e.

The current S7 batch 6 cost 4 BTC.

It will give you approx. 0.0323 BTC per day.
http://www.coinwarz.com/calculators/bitcoin-mining-calculator/?h=4000&p=1180.00&pc=0&pf=0.00&d=62253982449.76080000&r=25.00000000&er=390.06000000&hc=0.00

So without difficulty factors your ROI would be 123 days. This offcourse is a Utopia. When it reach you in dec 2017, you will need a min. of 5 months to get ROI.
>> This is just for your miner. Remember you have to buy a PSU too. Which will cost you an addiotional 3 weeks to get ROI.

The only way to get a decent profit would be to sell it.

Figure out what happens for people/companies who have to pay (cheap) electricty. Yes they get bulk discount.. but is it really profittable (I mean the big bucks). Nope.

You're wrong.
1. Nobody forces you to buy the newest and the most expensive miner. There are loads of cheap stuff people are throwing out due to lack of efficiency, but let's not forget that they have to pay for electricity.
2. You just said that the only way to get a decent profit is to run it for a while and then sell it, but this is your ultimate goal: TO PROFIT. It doesn't matter that you'll have to eventually sell the miner you're doing it for the money.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: