Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:35:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dotcoin thread unfairly deleted from Altcoin Discussion forum  (Read 1533 times)
turtlehurricane (OP)

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 01:03:30 AM
Last edit: October 23, 2015, 03:12:37 AM by grue

I posted a thread about how Dotcoin is a promising investment for early adopters ( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1209467.0 ), the content of which is below, since it can no longer be seen due to deletion. I used plenty of facts in this article and I believe I made some good points regarding why DOT will probably be lucrative. If someone disagrees with these points that is fine, they can post a counter-argument, but the outright deletion of the thread is over the line. It's pure censorship. I simply request that the thread be undeleted, there was actually good debate starting in it which was when one of the moderators killed it.

For the record I am not associated with DOT or Cryptopia, this article is simply my opinion as a cryptocurrency investor. I do not believe an article like this would be deleted for any other coin.

moderator note: removed off topic Dotcoin promo.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 01:07:08 AM

Ad spam / Pointless promotion.

Seems pretty self explanatory to me.
turtlehurricane (OP)

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 01:11:03 AM

It certainly isn't self-promotion, I am not associated with dot or cryptopia. It is not an advertisement, it's not even my website.

There's alot of threads more spammy than this, I actually put alot of info in that thread which wasn't on bitcointalk before. Deleting this thread is detrimental for the community.

Is there a pre-existing bias towards Cryptopia? Is there any good reason for this bias?
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 01:17:41 AM

I don't think you need to be associated with with a website in order to advertise for them. Look at the current forum ad slots for example. The forum is not associated with a single one of those websites, however it is advertising for all of them.
turtlehurricane (OP)

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 01:25:35 AM

I don't think you need to be associated with with a website in order to advertise for them. Look at the current forum ad slots for example. The forum is not associated with a single one of those websites, however it is advertising for all of them.
There's alot of deleting to be done if this is considered an advertisement. I was paid nothing to do this, this is 1 of many articles I have written about specific altcoins. I used to write an article like this for each and every new coin.

It's not healthy to censor things like this. There's gotta be an underlying motive not associated with the nature of the thread. I'd be very surprised if an admin didn't come along and rectify the situation. At the very least I'd like instructions to avoid getting deleted like this.
turtlehurricane (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 07:03:53 AM

Any admins want to help fix this blatant censorship? This is very much against the spirit of cryptocurrency, I can't see eye to eye with anyone that thinks this is ok.
phantastisch
Legendary

Activity: 2270
Merit: 1363

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 12:41:47 PM

Ad spam / Pointless promotion.

Seems pretty self explanatory to me.

Posts a thread about being unfairly deleted, posts actually a full coin commercial. Should be deleted from here, too.

HOWEYCOINS   ▮      Excitement and         ⭐  ● TWITTER  ● FACEBOOK   ⭐       
  ▮    guaranteed returns                 ●TELEGRAM                         
  ▮  of the travel industry
    ⭐  ●Ann Thread ●Instagram   ⭐ 
✅    U.S.Sec    ➡️
✅  approved!  ➡️
onemorexmr

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 01:04:15 PM

btw on which board have you posting this?

XMR || Monero || monerodice.net || xmr.to || mymonero.com || openalias.org || you think bitcoin is fungible? watch this
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 01:06:28 PM

Altcoin discussion. it should be obvious if you checked the link OP posted.

also I agree with phantastisch. IF OP's post were deleted because of some rule then this one shouldn't be allowed.
onemorexmr

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 01:08:21 PM

Altcoin discussion. it should've been clear.

also I agree with phantastisch. if OP's post were deleted because of some rule then this one shouldn't be allowed.

IMHO it fits altcoin discussion: its mostly ads there anyhow

but yes: you are right. if it got deleted there, it should be deleted here too.

XMR || Monero || monerodice.net || xmr.to || mymonero.com || openalias.org || you think bitcoin is fungible? watch this
turtlehurricane (OP)

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 03:14:14 AM

Are you guys living in North Korea? I can't take any of this seriously, it's absurd. Fuck everyone who supports this blatant censorship
phantastisch
Legendary

Activity: 2270
Merit: 1363

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 11:06:16 AM

Are you guys living in North Korea? I can't take any of this seriously, it's absurd. Fuck everyone who supports this blatant censorship

HOWEYCOINS   ▮      Excitement and         ⭐  ● TWITTER  ● FACEBOOK   ⭐       
  ▮    guaranteed returns                 ●TELEGRAM                         
  ▮  of the travel industry
    ⭐  ●Ann Thread ●Instagram   ⭐ 
✅    U.S.Sec    ➡️
✅  approved!  ➡️
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2015, 12:55:16 PM

-snipped-
I concur with you; the image couldn't have explained it better.

Fuck everyone who supports this blatant censorship
No censorship here.

There's alot of deleting to be done if this is considered an advertisement. I was paid nothing to do this, this is 1 of many articles I have written about specific altcoins. I used to write an article like this for each and every new coin.
We should take your word here? You have no way of proving that you're not being paid. You can only prove that you are being paid.

Members really need to stop calling out every delete that they do not agree with "censorship".

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 07:15:36 PM

Heh! XKCD!

And don't forget the title text: "I can't remember where I heard this, but someone once said that defending a position by citing free speech is sort of the ultimate concession; you're saying that the most compelling thing you can say for your position is that it's not literally illegal to express."
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: