Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:54:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Proposal] New ReEducation Subforum  (Read 5345 times)
stochastic (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 25, 2012, 09:49:48 AM

I propose that, in addition to the re-education program, we instate a halfway house for those on the path to full reintegration with the community.  Members in the halfway house would be allowed to post in any forum board, with the requirement to fill out captcha for each post. Captchas would be chosen randomly from a large pool of appropriate slogans, chosen mostly from the stickies in the re-education board. This would reinforce proper ways of thinking and observing, and improve likelyhood of a healthy and complete recovery.

The captchas are an excellent idea. I suggest we use very long captchas. Something like typing one of the Moderator's brilliant posts ten times over with no errors.

For example: In the thread, "pirate-based shitstorm", Moderator Hazek wisely reminded us of the true reasons behind pirate's theft:

Make no mistake - all this shit that happened is a direct consequence of the state. This is painfully obvious as soon as you agree that we don't and never can have a free market as long as there is a state. Why? Because anonymity and responsibility don't mix.

The state is the reason why so many must hide their identity, since if they want to preserve their safety, well being and wealth, this is the only way to avoid a giant mafia of thugs hurting and robbing them simply for providing a voluntary service to their customers. Were this not the case, non violent ostracization would be made possible as punishment for those service providers that violate their promises and eventually the bad apples would get weeded out. And there are many bad apples.

Typing that ten times over would be a great captcha. As we get rehabilitated, we can decrease the number of repetitions.

Wow I had not been to this thread for a while because I thought it was dead.  I agree with the captcha.  It is a great idea.  Have to get rid of those mindless robots.  Maybe I should make a list in the OP of those users that are considered great as well.  Who else gets the Great tag?

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cunicula
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 25, 2012, 10:00:54 AM

Who else gets the Great tag?

I think we should apply it sparingly, sort of like the forum's own Stalin Prize for contributions to libertarian thought.

Broad application would be an insult to Augusto Croppo the Great, The People's Libertarian Hero, Beloved of Theymos.

I'd suggest copying truly exceptional posts of model forum members here. We can select new Heroes from among these exceptional posts.

Moderator Hazek is my only other nomination at this point. Moderator Hazek's posts illuminate libertarian thought. I feel that he is worthy of the People's Acclamation.
Maybe he needs a different title: Censor Hazek, People's Guardian of Natural Law?
stochastic (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 25, 2012, 10:26:32 AM

Who else gets the Great tag?

I think we should apply it sparingly, sort of like the forum's own Stalin Prize for contributions to libertarian thought.

Broad application would be an insult to Augusto Croppo the Great, The People's Libertarian Hero, Beloved of Theymos.

I'd suggest copying truly exceptional posts of model forum members here. We can select new Heroes from among these exceptional posts.

Moderator Hazek is my only other nomination at this point. Moderator Hazek's posts illuminate libertarian thought. I feel that he is worthy of the People's Acclamation.
Maybe he needs a different title: Censor Hazek, People's Guardian of Natural Law?

Loved the titles, they have been awarded.  Truthfully, after giving these brave men the tag it would be hard to judge others worthy enough of receiving this honor.

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
J-Norm

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 04:24:37 PM

You can put words in front of someone, but you cannot make them read it.

It would be simpler to create a new account than go through this re-education.
cunicula
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 04:34:57 PM

Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which
leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Matthew 7:14

Do you cower before the State because that is simpler than standing?

I'm beginning to think we need a Grand Inquisitor, but I'm not sure who the right man for the job is...
blablahblah

Activity: 775
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 07, 2012, 12:32:24 AM

Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which
leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Matthew 7:14

Do you cower before the State because that is simpler than standing?

I'm beginning to think we need a Grand Inquisitor, but I'm not sure who the right man for the job is...

If you're stuck for ideas, you could check out the Politics sub-forum for inspiration? It's positively bursting with purity and strength of conviction. You could arbitrarily pick someone, attach a fake Santa beard, and you've got the perfect Grand Inquisitor, no?
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 02:29:27 PM

Lazy Canadian won't even take free re-education if it cuts into his Hockey Night in Canada time.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: