Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:43:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Will seed torrents for BTC  (Read 2949 times)
jlp1528 (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 03:55:20 PM
Last edit: October 31, 2012, 03:57:11 AM by jlp1528

If you have a torrent that you want to share but don't have a lot of bandwidth, I can help you out. I have a great Internet connection, never below 10 Mb/s upload, usually 25 Mb/s. Sometimes even over 50 Mb/s! Therefore, I can help raise the health of your torrent rather quickly, and I'll do it for cheap to boot!

Here's the deal: my flat fee is 0.1 BTC and my rate is 1 BTC per 100 GB. With Bitcoin supporting payments down to so many decimal places, I will utilize them to charge you for the exact amount of data I upload. I can seed indefinitely (well maybe not quite, but hey, if you've got the Bitcoins...), but I would like to be paid the flat fee up front and paid as frequently as every 10 GB. Also, for your own sake, please warn me to set a ratio cap if you think there is any chance that I might seed more than you want me to.

Whether you trust me or not, you have very little to lose. I'll even throw in a little bonus system: if you point another customer my way, I'll give you back your flat fee. In fact, I'll pay you 0.1 BTC for every new customer that comes to me through you and buys my service, even if you don't use it yourself. This is unlimited by nature; you will never stop earning these bonuses because I'll always be able to afford them, no matter how many referrals you get.

Unfortunately, I realized web seeds might actually be tricky. Until I know of a service that provides plenty of storage, direct download capability (as in you click a link and the file immediately starts downloading), and doesn't care much about the files you share (or preferably doesn't even require registration), I probably cannot help you in that regard unless the files in your torrent(s) are already in such a location.

Other than that, just a few reminders:

I have a ZERO TOLERANCE policy for viruses - don't even try. I will check all of your torrent's files at https://www.virustotal.com/.
Having passwords on your files is perfectly okay, but you will need to send them to me so I can access and check the final contents of every torrent I seed, no exceptions.
Compressing your files to save a few Satoshis is totally fine by me. If I can unzip the file with 7-zip, it's good to go.
As long as I'm online, which can be up to at least 90% of the time, my ping is never above 25 ms and my upload speed is never below 10 Mb/s. In fact, my upload speed is usually above 25 Mb/s. On the best of days, I've seen pings of as low as 10 ms and max upload speeds of over 50 Mb/s!
Want me to use Tor? No problem. In fact, I won't even charge for it. After all, you're probably protecting me and my ISP too!

Yes, I'm a n00b, but please, give me a chance. After all, everyone was like me at some point...

Also, yes, I would probably like this thread to be moved out of newbie if others think it should be.

Finally, I hope that this offer makes as much sense to you as it does do me. Thank you in advance for your interest and support.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jlp1528 (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 05:54:50 PM

I hate this. Far too many people posting other stuff to ever even get noticed. And of course I'm a n00b so I can't post anywhere else, not to mention that nobody trusts me and nobody will even give me a chance... *sigh*
sethsethseth

Activity: 257
Merit: 250

Not trusting third parties with my private keys

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 08:05:00 PM

This is great.  I'll use you if I ever need a torrent seeded.  You got tweeted by @bitcoininfo and his 50k followers.  This should get moved out of the newbie forum.

SealsWithClubs poker room has  over 400 players online. Buy in from .01 to 60btc.      BTCSportsMatch lets you bet sports with vig free lines!  Best kept secret in bitcoin....          LocalBitcoins.com is very user-friendly now for bank transfers.  You don't have to live close to trade when in the same currency area.           
Electrum client is awesome. Try it. And please stop sending bitcoins to sites run by security newbies, or don't complain when you lose everything.
ninjanips

Activity: 16

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 08:56:12 PM

Yeah this is a great service!!! Move out of newbie!
hamdi

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 09:27:20 PM
Last edit: October 30, 2012, 12:12:05 AM by hamdi

heads up my friend,

i created you a small script, that calculates your seeding costs.

http://every1.loveslife.biz/calculate-seeding-costs.php

i send you the code via PM.
jlp1528 (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 10:04:27 PM

Wow. That's pretty eye-opening. Thank you for sharing.

In light of that, I have edited my original post to reflect my new fee structure. Instead of 0.1 BTC per 500 MB increment, I will go 0.1 BTC per 1000 MB increment.

I will also round normally instead of always up, and I am open to negotiation, particularly with the largest of torrents.

Web seeds are not out of the question either. In fact, I'm surprised I didn't even mention them. As for the cost to do them, I'll keep it simple: I'll just consider a web seed setup an additional 100% re-seed. After all, my Internet "cost" is identical and the additional work is minimal.

I apologize for not doing a lot more real-world examples to notice the cost I would have placed upon my potential customers. I hope that you will find this new fee structure much more reasonable.

Once again, thank you for your interest and support.
jlp1528 (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 10:42:01 PM

I really wish you hadn't said what you did hamdi. I'd bet that your statement of my service being to expensive turned away a lot of people. I understand where you're coming from, but why not keep such things to PMs, you know?
helloworld

Activity: 266

View Profile
October 29, 2012, 11:28:20 PM

I really wish you hadn't said what you did hamdi. I'd bet that your statement of my service being to expensive turned away a lot of people. I understand where you're coming from, but why not keep such things to PMs, you know?

It's not exactly a secret. You've written your prices in the OP.
hamdi

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 12:15:11 AM

whatever i edited my initial post
usdtocny

Activity: 7

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 09:26:58 PM

nice service!very interesting!
OpenYourEyes

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 09:28:06 PM

You really need to edit your first post to explain EXACTLY what it is you are offering, how to get in contact with you, prices etc, and tone down a little - your new here trying to get people to use your service and your coming across quite forceful.

"Post 10" is just full of scattered information, and doesn't really explain much about your service to someone that is just browsing the thread.

takemybitcoins.com: Spend a few seconds entering a merchants email address to encourage them to accept Bitcoin
PGP key | Bitmessage: BM-GuCA7CkQ8ojXSFGrREpMDuWgv495FUX7
jlp1528 (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 09:36:00 PM

You really need to edit your first post to explain EXACTLY what it is you are offering, how to get in contact with you, prices etc, and tone down a little - your new here trying to get people to use your service and your coming across quite forceful.

"Post 10" is just full of scattered information, and doesn't really explain much about your service to someone that is just browsing the thread.

Done. Good advice. Thanks!
OpenYourEyes

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 09:51:09 PM

Much better Smiley May be something I'd be interested in.

takemybitcoins.com: Spend a few seconds entering a merchants email address to encourage them to accept Bitcoin
PGP key | Bitmessage: BM-GuCA7CkQ8ojXSFGrREpMDuWgv495FUX7
jlp1528 (OP)

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 01:25:39 AM

Wow threads get pushed down fast in this forum...
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 01:49:41 AM

You're not a Newbie anymore. You can move the thread to Marketplace --> Services, if you wish.
You can also edit the first post and have all the info there. It would be better.
jlp1528 (OP)

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 04:06:39 AM
Last edit: October 31, 2012, 04:23:16 AM by jlp1528

You're not a Newbie anymore. You can move the thread to Marketplace --> Services, if you wish.
You can also edit the first post and have all the info there. It would be better.

Agreed. Done. Well, now that I FINALLY landed on the right sub-forum after like FIVE TRIES! Anyway, thanks for the information and advice.
jlp1528 (OP)

View Profile
November 02, 2012, 03:25:59 AM

Well, this sucks. So I move my thread and the conversation stops. Nice...
kwoody

Activity: 454

Technology and Women. Amazing.

View Profile
November 02, 2012, 12:16:52 PM

you don't have a huge market with this crowd, most people using this forum are 'security-concious' and upload their wares through a vps or some such
jlp1528 (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2012, 04:50:33 PM

you don't have a huge market with this crowd, most people using this forum are 'security-concious' and upload their wares through a vps or some such
Well, that's interesting, seeing as several people have already posted saying that they might want to take advantage of it. And besides that, I'm really not aiming to go big very quickly, let alone expecting to. I'm just looking for ways to make a few BTC on the side. At the moment, I think this is the best thing I can offer that's come to mind. Why not, instead of posting stuff that you think might discourage me (which it doesn't), you share your supposedly better ideas with me? That is, if you have any.
jlp1528 (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2012, 02:10:02 AM

Bump. Come on, isn't anyone interested in this? I could really use the extra BTC...
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 06, 2012, 02:11:03 AM

Bump. Come on, isn't anyone interested in this? I could really use the extra BTC...

We all could use extra BTCs
jlp1528 (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2012, 03:12:00 PM

Yeah? So what? What's your story? I'm a college kid, if you haven't realized that and its implications by now...
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 06, 2012, 03:15:48 PM

Yeah? So what? What's your story? I'm a college kid, if you haven't realized that and its implications by now...

So then create something that warrants us paying in bitcoin instead of begging and whining, if this isn't working out move on and look into other areas. I am a college kid as well.
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: