Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:16:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MMM Global Republic of BTC - Sergei Mavrodi ponzi scheme! Stay away  (Read 12579 times)
nike6

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2015, 09:52:12 PM

The whole system is a trick.

I have been watching the progress of MMM South Africa, a stream of naive victims with very little understanding of what's going on, just Mavrodi's cynical lies as hopeful way out of poverty. It's quite sad.

This is not answering
The scam is in the centrally controlled value and convertability of Mavros. As soon as the pyramid peaks and begins to fall in on itself, the shitcoin/token becomes what it was all along: worthless.

Exactly! There is not a pyramid. Every participant has his role for exactly  two moves. Every time is like is beginning again
But you are also right because of the central control.
Honestly I think this can be overpassed in case Mavrodi is not fair

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tmfp
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737

"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 10:06:55 PM

And where do you think your 100% interest per month comes from?
Mavrodi admits there is no economic activity. It comes from other 'investors'.
Do the compound maths sometime on 1 BTC at 100% per month. I'll do it for you, after one year: 4096.

And conveniently ignore the centralized control of Mavro conversion. As a matter of fact, ignore whatever doesn't fit with your MMM Global view, that's your problem.

Extraordinary Claims require Extraordinary Evidence
nike6

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2015, 10:19:03 PM

Thanks to explain me my problem, so that I can go to solve my life very soon.

It is clear that come from others investors, it works this way.

But you are buying it because you trust that there are other investors that will buy, letting you sell. Even better then accept fiat money relying on the strength of you country militia Wink
Can you see my point?

I name it solidariety!
tmfp
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 10:34:39 PM

Call it what you like, you have obviously drunk deep from the Mavrodi Kool-Aid.
I don't deny he is a very clever salesman, he knows how to present his fraud as a "liberation" from the evil system, he knows how that resonates with the man in the street.
That is the part that makes me angrier than usual about this particular scam, the cynical exploitation of poor people.

That's OK then.

nike6

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2015, 10:37:03 PM

That's OK then.

That's ok but...
I don't deny he is a very clever salesman, he knows how to present his fraud as a "liberation" from the evil system, he knows how that resonates with the man in the street.
That is the part that makes me angrier than usual about this particular scam, the cynical exploitation of poor people.
Again, this is little offensive and didn't address the problem

I simply end stating that we are accustomed with a system that stole our resources and can't accept a different one that create wealth. These is a big obstacle in our views ( sorry for my bad english )
tmfp
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 10:50:52 PM

That's OK then.

That's ok but...
Again, this is little offensive and didn't address the problem

What problem?
You have the only problem that I can see here. You seem to believe that a scam like MMM is sustainable paying 100% per month interest with no economic activity or income, apart from new investors. I don't.
I have pointed out the maths, you ignore it.
You believe MMM will liberate people from fiat exploitation. I just think it will liberate them from their fiat.
I have pointed out that the supposed P2P system is centrally controlled by Mavrodi, as were all the previous failed versions of this scam, through Mavro conversion. You think this can be "overpassed". I don't.

I am being polite. If you want, I can be offensive.

tmfp
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 11:00:06 PM

I simply end stating that we are accustomed with a system that stole our resources and can't accept a different one that create wealth. These is a big obstacle in our views ( sorry for my bad english )

I understand your point, but I don't believe Mavrodi is the savior, just a clever scammer.

You are new on this forum. Please try to post in one go, continually adding to and changing a post during a conversation is bad manners.
Your English is good enough, it's your judgement that isn't.

Coinonomous

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 01:19:36 AM

What I love most about this scam right now (in laugh-ability) is that the homepage has a pic of him that looks like a really bad mugshot.

http://mmmglobal.org/

Not that I enjoy posting that SCAM URL, but it is pretty funny IMO.  Grin

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,     

,p████████████████████N,   

d█████████████████████████b   

d██████████████████████████████æ 

,████²█████████████████████████████,

,█████ ╙████████████████████╨ █████y

██████  `████████████████`  ██████

║██████   Ñ███████████`   ███████

███████    ╩██████Ñ    ███████

███████  ▐▄  ²██╩  a▌ ███████

╢██████  ▐▓█▄     ▄█▓▌  ███████

██████  ▐▓▓▓▓▌▄█▓▓▓▌ ██████─

▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌     

▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌     

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─ 

²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩   

▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀   

²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`     

²²²         

nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 01:44:03 AM

What I love most about this scam right now (in laugh-ability) is that the homepage has a pic of him that looks like a really bad mugshot.

That picture of his was actually an old picture, maybe 10 years or older, he looks different now but those who believe in MMM system threats him like god and some even threats him like they have met already or know him personally.
Coinonomous

Activity: 205

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 01:56:56 AM

That picture of his was actually an old picture, maybe 10 years or older, he looks different now but those who believe in MMM system threats him like god and some even threats him like they have met already or know him personally.

I know it's like a big scam and a cult in one. what the actual fuck right.  Tongue

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,     

,p████████████████████N,   

d█████████████████████████b   

d██████████████████████████████æ 

,████²█████████████████████████████,

,█████ ╙████████████████████╨ █████y

██████  `████████████████`  ██████

║██████   Ñ███████████`   ███████

███████    ╩██████Ñ    ███████

███████  ▐▄  ²██╩  a▌ ███████

╢██████  ▐▓█▄     ▄█▓▌  ███████

██████  ▐▓▓▓▓▌▄█▓▓▓▌ ██████─

▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌     

▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌     

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─ 

²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩   

▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀   

²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`     

²²²         

favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2015, 05:55:40 AM

I know it's like a big scam and a cult in one. what the actual fuck right.  Tongue

so he's like Homero Josh Garza but more successful in his conning?

TibanneCat

Activity: 210

BTC > etc

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 04:39:07 PM

so he's like Homero Josh Garza but more successful in his conning?

Way more successful
MMM's Sergei Mavrodi has been in the scam game since the late 80s and made several million dollars with different ponzi schemes

He makes cryptocurrency scammers like Josh Garza and Dan Kaufman look like total noobs
bitcoin_user

Activity: 43
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 03:08:27 PM

This face of Russian scoundrel  Grin

How long is it sustainable??

Last scam from this crook lasted for 2 years...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SF0loVlhzo

Can someone please explain me how his scheme is working?
You deposit USD on your account: which are converted in "mavro" money (lol). Then you can "provide help" (i.e give money in exchange of fat interest) to someone who is asking.

I don't understand what BTC is doing in this thing. Isn't everything in fiat USD if you want?

Other question: Is the 100% rise guaranteed only by the rising in new suckers or maybe by the rising in BTC value?

If this is the last case, this could be huge: Think of Ponzi-Scheme-MtGOX at the scale of the population of Phillippines or China (big success there apparently)  Shocked
Time to invest quickly in BTC (not in mavro money  Grin)before the crash maybe??
nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 03:42:38 AM

This face of Russian scoundrel  Grin

How long is it sustainable??

Last scam from this crook lasted for 2 years...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SF0loVlhzo

Can someone please explain me how his scheme is working?
You deposit USD on your account: which are converted in "mavro" money (lol). Then you can "provide help" (i.e give money in exchange of fat interest) to someone who is asking.

I don't understand what BTC is doing in this thing. Isn't everything in fiat USD if you want?

Other question: Is the 100% rise guaranteed only by the rising in new suckers or maybe by the rising in BTC value?

If this is the last case, this could be huge: Think of Ponzi-Scheme-MtGOX at the scale of the population of Phillippines or China (big success there apparently)  Shocked
Time to invest quickly in BTC (not in mavro money  Grin)before the crash maybe??

You don't deposit USD, actually you don't deposit anything at all, because what you will do is click a button that says "Provide Help" and then you will enter an amount in BTC on how much you are willing to Help (Invest), then MMM system will give you the BTC address of the Person who needs Help, and you will send BTC to that address.

Provide Help = Invest
Get Help = Withdraw

So those who requested help actually are the one's who invested already and want's to get their BTC back with interest.

Investor's may want to ask themselves first, what if it's my turn to "Get Help" (Withdraw) and my BTC address was not assigned immediately to another member.

Sergei is a smart scammer that's all I can say about him, but regardless if he is smart or not, he still is a scammer.
bitcoin_user

Activity: 43
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 07:52:09 AM

Thanks

In addition, I've found a link where his pyramide Ponzi scheme is well described:
http://ethanvanderbuilt.com/2015/11/05/mmm-global-scam/
Amitabh S
Legendary

Activity: 1001
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 09:40:58 PM

Somehow their site reminds me of a facepalm.. Is it just me?

This is very scary.. I'm expecting it to collapse soon, if not already.

Coinsecure referral ID: https://coinsecure.in/signup/refamit (use this link to signup)
lemipawa
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 12:27:39 AM

Somehow their site reminds me of a facepalm.. Is it just me?

-snip-

-snip-

This is very scary.. I'm expecting it to collapse soon, if not already.

This scheme is well planned to the extent that they where brainwashed to think that the money they invested is to help someone else so if you want to help someone, you expect something in return? Thats how they want all participants to think. That's the reason why the buttons there to invest says Provide Help. It may take time for this to collapse unless the Government will intervene.
asradoni

Activity: 1039
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 08:41:39 AM

This scheme is well planned to the extent that they where brainwashed to think that the money they invested is to help someone else so if you want to help someone, you expect something in return? Thats how they want all participants to think. That's the reason why the buttons there to invest says Provide Help. It may take time for this to collapse unless the Government will intervene.

Most participants know it is a scam. But they think they can get back the money before the scheme collapse. They are not the last one to lose.
TibanneCat

Activity: 210

BTC > etc

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 12:15:23 PM

Most participants know it is a scam. But they think they can get back the money before the scheme collapse. They are not the last one to lose.

It does seem so

Even with all the warnings posted everywhere, many still seem to be willing participants of this hot potato game hoping to profit at the lost of others
tmfp
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 12:37:43 PM

It does seem so

Even with all the warnings posted everywhere, many still seem to be willing participants of this hot potato game hoping to profit at the lost of others

Above a certain level, that's probably true, but at the bottom of the pyramid most are firmly in denial, having drunk heavily of the Kool Aid.
On social media, the South African scheme for example, first time 'investors' are sharing their dreams of new furniture/cars/houses and attack anyone who queries it.
Among people who see little future for themselves and their families because of a corrupt financial system, Mavrodi's message is a genius piece of button pressing.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: