Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:13:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin reset?  (Read 2434 times)
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1075

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2015, 04:43:33 PM

Maybe you aren't aware of the endless free stuff/information search engines like Google give you.  Roll Eyes

And maybe you aren't aware that nothing is free (everything that appears to be is actually gathering data for either the NSA or private companies).

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ProfessionalGoogler (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 04:45:56 PM

Maybe you aren't aware of the endless free stuff/information search engines like Google give you.  Roll Eyes

And maybe you aren't aware that nothing is free (everything that appears to be is actually gathering data for either the NSA or private companies).

Did you even read what I said?  Roll Eyes

Also you have a choice to use Chrome and any of Google's other products that profile you for advertising.  Huh

Duh!!  Shocked Shocked Shocked
RyanLZ

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 06:25:27 PM
Last edit: November 02, 2015, 11:03:11 AM by RyanLZ

Bitcoin has to be earned, not distributed evenly. We have to work hard to promote bitcoin and increase its value.
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 06:38:17 PM

Can we reset the Bitcoin mining process to redistribute wealth?
Then this wouldn't be bitcoin anymore. Bitcoin would lost all trust and value.
Terrible idea Tongue
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 06:38:55 PM

Bitcoin was available to mine to anybody from minute one. If you look into the early history Satoshi was clearly thrilled when anyone paid it the slightest attention. Be thankful that the early players and miners had the vision to help it arrive at this point.

This. In addition, most of the very early adopters (except a few high profile ones) have probably sold most of their holdings during any of the run ups helping distribution.

If you were late to the party, just remember, most thought they were late when bitcoin was at 10 usd, and 50 usd, etc. and look where we are now.
rich93

Activity: 595
Merit: 101

Chromia - Relational Blockchain

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2015, 06:44:50 PM

Remember Auroracoin, the first country coin? That was an experiment to distribute an equal number of coins to each citizen of Iceland. Most of the population never got any coins, and the dev was accused of dumping huge numbers of coins that should have been shared among the population. None of the country coins that came afterwards were distributed equally among a country's population. If none of the country coins were fairly distributed then redistributing Bitcoins among the worlds population wouldn't work either.

♠️ Facebook: http://facebook.com/ChromiaStudios                 ♥️ Webpage: http://chromiastudios.com
♦️ LinkedIn:  http://linkedin.com/company/chromiastudios      ♣️ Reddit: http://reddit.com/r/ChromiaStudios                     
♥️ Twitter:    https://twitter.com/teamchromia                        ♦️  Twitter: https://twitter.com/ChromaWay
************************************************************************************************
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2015, 07:11:05 PM

Did you even read what I said?  Roll Eyes

Also you have a choice to use Chrome and any of Google's other products that profile you for advertising.  Huh

Duh!!  Shocked Shocked Shocked

What CIYAM is trying to teach you is: If its free, you are the product.

You are also free to use bitcoin, you just need to buy or earn them.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 10:29:50 PM

Mining is exactly this kind of reset: Miners have the ability to charge a fee that constantly collect coins from existing holders into their possession, and anyone can easily buy a miner to do that. But you will find out that the cost to redistribute the bitcoin through mining might be higher than just buying them from market, if you don't have free electricity

Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 10:31:27 PM

Miners have the ability to charge a fee that constantly collect coins from existing holders into their possession

yeah, try this ... and then, all miners go to P2Pool to erase this policy.  Grin
designerusa
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1028

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 07:28:08 AM

Nothing can be redistributed fairly. Just think about countries. Some have more mountains, some have more lakes. Some are tiny, some are huge.
Real world works like this: Some are lucky and wise, get into boat even its risky, and gain a lot.
Some not even hear about it.
RyanLZ

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 09:27:29 AM

Mining is exactly this kind of reset: Miners have the ability to charge a fee that constantly collect coins from existing holders into their possession, and anyone can easily buy a miner to do that. But you will find out that the cost to redistribute the bitcoin through mining might be higher than just buying them from market, if you don't have free electricity

It is not profit to mine if your electricity price is over $0.15/kWh.
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 02:47:49 PM

It is not profit to mine if your electricity price is over $0.15/kWh.

Mining also has another advantage: The coins you get from mining are clean without earlier transaction history

maokoto

Activity: 770

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2015, 02:53:24 PM

I would love to be able to CPU mine, but if we resetted to that point, it is very likely that Bitcoin will lose all value. And who knows if it would ever regain it.

TheGr33k

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 06:25:35 PM

Can we reset the Bitcoin mining process to redistribute wealth?

The idea of Bitcoin where anyone could mine and support the network of course died with ASIC technology.

Is this great concept of Bitcoin just dead forever?

Personally I would prefer every single person (or at least 1 out of 10) would own a device that supported this technology we are using to determine one's wealth/control/power/influence.

But not for profit and every person who wanted to be part of the network owned an equal share.

Only in a perfect world right?

Well in the end of Bitcoin if it doesn't change, perhaps the internet Gods (Google, Yahoo & Bing) will unite to create solar powered satellite Bitcoin miners spread all over.

To own Bitcoin just own the most computing power. Well I guess at least the people we will trust our money now should be tech savvy right?

Banks are slow and outdated, I still cry when I see someone write out a check.

This would not be a perfect world because now bitcoin as been publicized. This would be the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.
That's like putting all the gold back into a goldmine after it's been mined because we wanted to be fair to the people who heard about it late.
Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 12:49:50 AM

Nice idea,but it will stay just like a idea,it  can cause to much problems  and i think even btc demage

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Tookie Tower

Activity: 30

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 07:55:32 AM

If someone resets Bitcoin, than the Bitcoin will no longer be the Bitcoin.
neoneros

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

I can draw your avatar!

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2015, 12:23:06 PM

How much you would like it to be 'fair'. bitcoin still has to be scarce to have any value, if everyone has the equal share, the bitcoincap would not be enough to spread the wealth, bitcoinprice would be just a few cents.

It is the big mining rigs that make the value of the coin thrive, make it rise and rise again,

If there is not incentive, no one would mine, maybe just a hand full of people. The 21 project could benefit from it, it makes small appliences mine bitcoin, these are at the moment not powerfull yet, the difficulty has to drop for those machines to be interesting enough to contribute to the blockchain.

You cannot get rid of the need of people to want more and more. We want more social and economic equality, in that we are giving in to our own greed to want more, be it equality, it is a utopian idea we never ever will reach, only scrape upon and then forever yearn to get closer...

Blue_Tiger73

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 08:02:37 AM

There is really no way of reseting the Bitcoin mining process. As there is only a certain amount of Bitcoin in the world,21 000 000, you can't reset the Bitcoin mining process. As soon as all the Bitcoin is mined, I don't really know what is going to happen as people mining would barely earn anything.
Fraxinus
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 08:03:42 AM

That's not a good idea for sure,resetting bitcoin will don't do much and won't help the redistribution of the coins.This will be an experiment for sure.

Soros Shorts
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1617
Merit: 1011

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 08:26:07 AM

OP should start CommieCoin. No mining required. Everyday you wake up the number of coins in your wallet resets to a certain amount regardless of how much or how little you've spent/received the previous day. This way wealth is equally redistributed on a daily basis and everyone remains equally rich.

[Hint: You will destroy the value of Bitcoin if you try to redistribute the wealth of its users, even if you think you are picking on just the miners.]
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: