Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:54:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I am Raging about Bitcoin qt client :(  (Read 2801 times)
kuusj98 (OP)

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

I <3 VW Beetles

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 09:04:47 PM

Hello!
I am trying to download the blockchain for the wallet for almost a month now, and I am TOTALY DONE WITH IT!
Its ALWAYS the same problem, first time I got the: ''error while opening blkindex'' was when it downloaded 99.7% and I deleted the files, again afer 2 days 90%, again, again, again and today the same anoying error, I want to spend my hard earned BTC and the stupid thing is only giving me errors and lets me download the whole 5.5 gb chain again...

Anyone a solution for this? When I turn off my pc (I cant run it 24/7) I first close down the client and then the pc, and then when I boot it gives the freaking error  Huh
Serious, Im totaly DONE with the thing, I missed some chances on gr8 deals with this problem and I am angry as hell (I hope you can understand).

I tryed downloading a torrent blockchain but it was only 2.4 gbs and when it importet it had to download the other 4 gbs and gave me another error (always the same BTW: error while loadin blkindex)

PLEASE god help me....

-kuusj98

(btw sorry for the bad grammar and language and stuff, im just very angry Wink)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 09:06:48 PM

How about using a different client?  Electum, blockchain.info, etc?

Also, check your HDD for errors.  You never know, it could be a bad block causing all your troubles.
kuusj98 (OP)

I <3 VW Beetles

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 09:09:23 PM

Mhhh, dindt know there where other clients available...

And no Bad sectors (I have Seagate Barracuda 1 tb 7200 tpm, newest Barracuda btw)
Can I place the already downloaded indexes in the other client or what?
ingrownpocket
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 09:10:09 PM

I'm having the same fucking problem and I have BTC stuck in that wallet.

How can I use other clients to open this wallet (created with the bitcoin.org client)?

EDIT: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=121034
kuusj98 (OP)

I <3 VW Beetles

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 09:11:54 PM

How can I use other clients to open this wallet (created with the bitcoin.org client)?

Ohh, thats what I just wanted to post Tongue

Yeah can I copy the Wallet.dat to the other client?
ingrownpocket
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 09:12:50 PM

Ohh, thats what I just wanted to post Tongue

Yeah can I copy the Wallet.dat to the other client?

I've tried that and it didn't work.
casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2012, 09:12:56 PM

Blockchain.info is the one I would recommend.

I am also a heavy advocate of using paper wallets (such as ones you can print from BitAddress.org).  I don't leave bitcoins online and any time I transact in bitcoins, I physically grab the coins I need, transact in them, and send the change to another paper wallet.  That way, the only coins I ever risk getting stuck anywhere are the ones I'm working with at the moment, and with BlockChain.info I believe I'm not likely to get my coins stuck.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
kuusj98 (OP)

I <3 VW Beetles

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 09:14:25 PM

Blockchain.info is the one I would recommend.

I am also a heavy advocate of using paper wallets (such as ones you can print from BitAddress.org).  I don't leave bitcoins online and any time I transact in bitcoins, I physically grab the coins I need, transact in them, and send the change to another paper wallet.  That way, the only coins I ever risk getting stuck anywhere are the ones I'm working with at the moment, and with BlockChain.info I believe I'm not likely to get my coins stuck.

Yes thanks but what about my current wallet? There is about 0.30 btc on it (For me much) and I really DONT ever want to lose them
kuusj98 (OP)

I <3 VW Beetles

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 09:19:08 PM

I have Seagate Barracuda 1 tb 7200rpm

Most likely not related, but I killed two of these drives a couple months ago & the 2 replacements I was sent. It was normal desktop usage, they all done that 'click-whirl' cycle and didn't work at all, wouldn't recommend them at all personally even though they get good reviews online.

I'd recommend you not to use the official client, its slow bulky and unnecessary for the average user. MultiBit, Electrum and blockchain.info are my favourite clients.

yep made account on Blockchain.info and now going to upload wallet.dat (hope everything goes alright)

But what is my wallet ''private key''
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 09:20:43 PM

I have Seagate Barracuda 1 tb 7200rpm

Most likely not related, but I killed two of these drives a couple months ago & the 2 replacements I was sent. It was normal desktop usage, they all done that 'click-whirl' cycle and didn't work at all, wouldn't recommend them at all personally even though they get good reviews online.

I'd recommend you not to use the official client, its slow bulky and unnecessary for the average user. MultiBit, Electrum and blockchain.info are my favourite clients.

yep made account on Blockchain.info and now going to upload wallet.dat (hope everything goes alright)

But what is my wallet ''private key''
Your wallet contains private keys for each address within it.  There isn't a single wallet private key.  A private key corresponds to an address, and a wallet holds many private keys.
kuusj98 (OP)

I <3 VW Beetles

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 09:24:14 PM

Yeah, but what should I do to import my wallet to Blockchain.info? There are options, but I cant upload the wallet.dat file itself...
And where can I find all these Private Keys?

(sorry for my stupid questions, still a bit of a noob...)
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 09:25:23 PM

yep made account on Blockchain.info and now going to upload wallet.dat

Well, there's no way to just import the wallet.dat.

You can use pywallet to dumpwallet then import that into Blockchain.info/wallet.

What Blockchain.info/wallet does offer is Desktop Sync, using a browser plugin (Chrome, Safari).

What you do is configure your Bitcoin-Qt to run as a server (create a bitcoin.conf with rpcuser=, rpcpassword=, and server=) then the sync tool will bring over everything from your wallet.dat into your Blockchain.info/wallet    (and vice-versa).

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

ingrownpocket
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 09:26:54 PM

Yeah, but what should I do to import my wallet to Blockchain.info? There are options, but I cant upload the wallet.dat file itself...
And where can I find all these Private Keys?

(sorry for my stupid questions, still a bit of a noob...)

I think you need to open your wallet.dat file, copy the content and paste it into the textarea at blockchain "Import Wallet" option.

But that isn't working for me since my wallet have 9 MB in site and the browser just crashes. fuck me

Edit: Nevermind, I'm dumb.
kuusj98 (OP)

I <3 VW Beetles

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 09:28:36 PM

Ok Thanks for all of your help!   Grin
Lets see if I can do it Cheesy
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 09:48:13 PM

guys... since bitcoin-qt 0.7.0 you can send RPC commands using the Console on the Debug Window...
No need to mess with bitcoin.conf to make it run as a server.
Also, recommending pywallet for someone who will need to export a couple private keys is a bit overkill lol
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 4606

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 10:07:04 PM

guys... since bitcoin-qt 0.7.0 you can send RPC commands using the Console on the Debug Window...
Wow! Hadn't realized this.  Thanks for the information, this is great!
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 10:23:09 PM

Also, recommending pywallet for someone who will need to export a couple private keys is a bit overkill lol

If your wallet includes funds sent to change addresses, how would you know these addresses?

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

kuusj98 (OP)

I <3 VW Beetles

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 10:34:14 PM

If your wallet includes funds sent to change addresses, how would you know these addresses?

indeed, there are fund on the wallet....

kuusj98 (OP)

I <3 VW Beetles

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 10:47:43 PM

Regarding HDDs, never go for consumer-grade ones. Don't look at capacity first = look at RPM and how many years warranty covers.
Rather buy 10.000+ RPM server-grade, 5 years warranty, 250GB HDD than 7.200 RPM, 1 or 2 years warranty, 1+ TB HDD. Seriously.

mhh, I dont think so...
Btw I really need the storage -_-
I have an 13 year old barracuda in a old pc with 35 gb storage, its workt perfectly till now and further.
Also have another Barracuda 5 year old with 320gb 7200tpm and 0 bad sectors/errors etc.

This drive is fast (150mb/s+ write) and thats exactly what I need, Btw I have 5 year warranty on the hdd.
I dont need 'server rate 10.000rpm 250gb' hdd's, 7200 tpm is fast enough and I can easely get 100 gbs more on my hdd in a few days...

But on the topic again:
I downloaded Pywallet and installed everything succesfully but now when I click 'pywllet.py' there is a cmd screen that pops up and goes away in 1/10 of a second, whats the matter with the thing? I cant execute it as Admin as there is no option for it..
diego1000

Activity: 581
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 10:59:20 PM

you can download blockchain here: http://eu1.bitcoincharts.com/blockchain/

sto per lanciare i lovecoin impossibili da comprare con i soldi e da minare con la corrente.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: