Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:57:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: min tx fee on my bitcoind ?  (Read 1457 times)
Bitcoin-Obmen.com (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 09:48:43 AM

Hello,

I just upgraded my bitcoin server to 0.11.1 and discovered fresh transaction with fee, which bitcoind server set to 0.00001865 , I want to pay more fee ~0.0001.

Which bitcoind parameter could achieve this ?

Thanks.
Revelation Machine

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 11:50:14 AM

Hello,

I just upgraded my bitcoin server to 0.11.1 and discovered fresh transaction with fee, which bitcoind server set to 0.00001865 , I want to pay more fee ~0.0001.

Thanks.

You can achieve this by using the -paytxfee parameter.

Example:
./bitcoind --rpcconnect=127.0.0.1 -paytxfee=EnterTxfeeHere sendtoaddress EnterAddressHere EnterAmount
Bitcoin-Obmen.com (OP)

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 12:26:18 PM

Hello,

Thanks.

Example:
./bitcoind --rpcconnect=127.0.0.1 -paytxfee=EnterTxfeeHere sendtoaddress EnterAddressHere EnterAmount

yep, it works. Just for clarification - you can use param -paytxfee while starting bitcoind server for all your future outputs.
Revelation Machine

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 11:36:50 AM

Hello,

Thanks.

Example:

yep, it works. Just for clarification - you can use param -paytxfee while starting bitcoind server for all your future outputs.

AFAIK, It needs to be specified for each transaction.
Normally the fee bitcoind sets as default is enough(Within 6 blocks).
If you have a very high priority transaction its better to pay a higher fee to process it within the next 2-3 blocks.
Bitcoin-Obmen.com (OP)

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 12:10:44 PM

Hello,

Thanks.

Example:

If you have a very high priority transaction its better to pay a higher fee to process it within the next 2-3 blocks.

Disagree, I have tested it on my bitcoind server and it works good for every transaction.
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1078

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 09:38:04 PM

Hello,

Thanks.

Example:

Disagree, I have tested it on my bitcoind server and it works good for every transaction.

Usually, if it's something that you want to run everytime you run bitcoind, it's something that you should put in your bitcoin.conf (so you don't have to remember an elaborate command line invocation in order to start the program).
Bitcoin-Obmen.com (OP)

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 12:13:16 PM

Usually, if it's something that you want to run everytime you run bitcoind, it's something that you should put in your bitcoin.conf (so you don't have to remember an elaborate command line invocation in order to start the program).

I knew this but thanks, hope this topic and comments will help others  Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: