Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:58:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Electrum 2.5.1 does not start(((  (Read 2126 times)
Sasha00 (OP)

Activity: 58
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 04:34:03 PM

Hello all!
I have a problem. I used a client electrum version 2.4.4 and everything was fine until recently when trying to send the transaction did not occur here such error:

I went to the website and download the latest version of electrum - 2.5.1. I remove the old version by uninstaller and set a new one. But the new version of the client does not start. After clicking the mouse on the icon client window appears on the one second and disappears. My system Windows 7. Help please!
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 6099

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 04:39:34 PM

For what comes to the first issue , I found this : https://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinBeginners/comments/3p0lwt/im_trying_to_send_btc_with_my_electrum_wallet_but/

Are you using an old version of Electrum?
The 0.11.1 Bitcoin Core update added a new rule that rejects transaction signatures that contain a high S value. This is related to transaction malleability. It seems that Electrum sometimes generates these high-S signatures.
I'm pretty sure this is fixed in the newer versions. If you're somehow stuck on an old version you could try connecting to a different Electrum server that hasn't upgraded to 0.11.1 yet. This would only be a temporary fix because eventually everyone will be running 0.11.1+ and the transaction will be considered invalid by the entire network.

So this may be the reason however I can't seem to understand why the new version of Electrum is not working for you though , go to AppData folder for Electrum and remove .config file and try to start your wallet once again , if that doesn't work try Version 2.5 and see how things works . (that High S value should be fixed there as-well)

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Sasha00 (OP)

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 04:47:47 PM

I wanted to report the error Developer Electrum but on their website, even e-mail contacts are not specified. Where should i write?
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 6099

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 05:03:08 PM

I wanted to report the error Developer Electrum but on their website, even e-mail contacts are not specified. Where should i write?

You can do it here because this section is seen by the developer or you can do it on Github however I see that you already did : https://github.com/spesmilo/electrum/issues/1505

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2015, 05:04:31 PM

Did you save your seed as advised before upgrading? Sounds like you will need to wipe and install fresh from seed.

Sasha00 (OP)

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 04:07:51 PM

Yes, I saved seed. I have a new problem. When I want to send a transaction error "incorrect size of the commission." I connected to the server ecdsa.net Tried to include in a setting dynamic fee  committee - the problem remained.

Screen:
medUSA
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1003

--Signature Designs-- http://bit.ly/1Pjbx77

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2015, 11:20:22 PM

Yes, I saved seed. I have a new problem. When I want to send a transaction error "incorrect size of the commission." I connected to the server ecdsa.net Tried to include in a setting dynamic fee  committee - the problem remained.

Screen: <snip>

Can't read the language on the image your posted.

I believe "incorrect size of the commission" means incorrect transaction fee. The transaction fee is a fee you pay to the miners to have your transaction included in the blockchain. The standard fee is 0.0001 btc for 1k byte transaction. You might have set to to 0 btc in the options menu. Try changing it to 0.0001 btc and try to send again.
Sasha00 (OP)

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 08:55:00 AM

No server from the list does not accept transactions from my client version 2.4.4 and version 2.5.1 is not started of my computer. Previously, the transaction took ecdsa.net server but now he writes, "is not the correct size of the commission." I tried to put the commission manually 0.0001 btc for 1k byte, tried to specify the size automatically Committees but none of this helps.

I have reinstalled the operating system to run the client version 2.5.1 the program offers to restore my old purse from a seed, and i enter the seed I have introduced the program immediately closed and stopped running. My money is stuck on the purse Electrum. Help me please!
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 2942

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2015, 11:13:06 AM

No server from the list does not accept transactions from my client version 2.4.4 and version 2.5.1 is not started of my computer. Previously, the transaction took ecdsa.net server but now he writes, "is not the correct size of the commission." I tried to put the commission manually 0.0001 btc for 1k byte, tried to specify the size automatically Committees but none of this helps.

I have reinstalled the operating system to run the client version 2.5.1 the program offers to restore my old purse from a seed, and i enter the seed I have introduced the program immediately closed and stopped running. My money is stuck on the purse Electrum. Help me please!
Hi sir . Note it is not recommended to downgrade Electrum to an older version, once you have opened your wallet file with the new version.
The older version will not always be able to read the new wallet file.
Give me more details.
What os do you install to your pc?
do you have latest install dotnetframework?

Did you try it to install electrum 2.5.2?

Pm me i will try to help you...

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Sasha00 (OP)

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 11:56:27 PM

Hello! I installed Windows 7. Net Framework is not installed. That is, if you just install the new version and it will generate new addresses the program works. The fact is that when I try to import an old wallet in nova version of Electrum she immediately locked emergency. This happens even if the wallet to recover from a seed.  This is bad because the money left on the wallet.
medUSA
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1003

--Signature Designs-- http://bit.ly/1Pjbx77

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2015, 11:10:36 AM

do you have latest install dotnetframework?

I am having problems too with newer Electrum versions. Is "dotnetframework" a requirement of electrum for windows installations? It wasn't required before.
Sasha00 (OP)

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 09:55:27 PM

I noticed that with the new client version 2.6.0.1 for Electrum Litecoin the same problem - the program hangs when I enter the seed. Help me please!
Sasha00 (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 08:25:57 PM

Help me! Sad
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: