Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:28:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should this Op of this thread get negged ?  (Read 3029 times)
lemipawa
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 09:53:05 AM

Since you are clearly struggling to justify your rating, here is another example.

Let's pretend the terms were stated in the OP; that I will pay $15 for someone to find the EXACT sunglasses. Let's say the thread is 6 pages long and somewhere in those 6 pages I state that I no longer plan on paying a reward. Obviously everyone will see the OP but it is unlikely that they will see that the terms have changed, which would be deemed unfair.

Even though the unchanged OP clearly states the terms, I no longer have to pay a bounty because I buried a response in that thread that overrules the original terms?

Is this what you're trying to say? Because if this is so, the mods need to review your account. All I have done in that example is switch the current scenario, thus highlighting your misjudgement.

Wow! I never thought you'll be back to defend your self. I was one of those who actively searched for that glasses but unfortunately I didn't find the exact match, but what made me continue to search for the glasses, it's because you said who ever give at least the nearest match will get something and I said to my self not bad at all so I continue. If you didn't posted that, I would have stopped and moved on. Anyway that's done and good luck to you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2015, 08:44:11 PM

-snip-
Since you are clearly struggling to justify your rating, here is another example.

The only thing Im struggling with is why you are unable to see that you did something dishonest or at the very least something can be seen as an attempt to deceive. In your world it seems perfectly fine to change your stance on a whim and not be help responsible for your words.

Let's pretend the terms were stated in the OP; that I will pay $15 for someone to find the EXACT sunglasses. Let's say the thread is 6 pages long and somewhere in those 6 pages I state that I no longer plan on paying a reward. Obviously everyone will see the OP but it is unlikely that they will see that the terms have changed, which would be deemed unfair.

Even though the unchanged OP clearly states the terms, I no longer have to pay a bounty because I buried a response in that thread that overrules the original terms?

Is this what you're trying to say? Because if this is so, the mods need to review your account. All I have done in that example is switch the current scenario, thus highlighting your misjudgement.

Good point, there are two ways to see this.

#1 Everyone should keep up to date. People that dont check the updates can only blame themselves. This tends to happen though and most of the time someone will quickly remind them that the terms have changed. Common examples are people trying to join a signature campaign that is no longer accepting new members. This is even missed if its clearly state in the OP.

This also happened in your case:

-snip-
the most similar is Marc Jacobs Sunglasses MJ252/S Black I think he deserves 15 bucks lol

-snip-
I think my M.J's were more similar. I looked at the MJ252/S closely and the opening inbetween the temple are to high vertically not across like in OP's photo.

any update on this? did the OP selected and sent the bounty to the one with the nearest or similar to what James Rodriguez is wearing?

This is odd
It's more than 48 hours as stated by the OP and yet no announcement yet of who won or at least the nearest to what OP is looking for

Closest answer wins. I'll leave this thread open for 48 hours and then declare the winner.

You also did not make a single statement after the 48 hours had passed even though you had been online.

OP is online now and maybe he will make an update or an announcement regarding this contest that he hosted.

#2 Changing the terms at a later date to less desirable terms for those working for you puts you in a position that makes sure they know about the new terms. Trying to sneak in new terms in your favor somehow is not exactly what I would call a beacon of trustworthiness.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Smithy337

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 04:29:34 AM

So basically it boils down to whether comments made in a thread should be deemed as a revision to the original terms. If so, this opens the floodgate for abuse.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2015, 10:35:37 AM

So basically it boils down to whether comments made in a thread should be deemed as a revision to the original terms. If so, this opens the floodgate for abuse.

Essentially yes. As you can see from the reactions in your thread as well as the comment by lemipawa here. You motivated people to invest more time with that comment. People here are eager to do a high amount of work for a little reward. That might be because they have no other options due to lack of education, age or possibilities. I dont know, maybe they dont perceive it as work, dont mind or enjoy it. Be that as it may, you should still honor your word.

Smithy337

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 10:14:43 AM

Hmm I don't see this dispute being settled as it is a very gray area. However, I also don't like my forum reputation being dragged through the mud. Considering $15 = 0.03 BTC, I'll make the payment to the user who posted an image of the sunglasses that most resemble what I ended up buying. This is contingent on my negative trust rating being removed.

Deal?
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3050

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2016, 11:30:33 AM

Hmm I don't see this dispute being settled as it is a very gray area. However, I also don't like my forum reputation being dragged through the mud. Considering $15 = 0.03 BTC, I'll make the payment to the user who posted an image of the sunglasses that most resemble what I ended up buying. This is contingent on my negative trust rating being removed.

Deal?

LOL.  Probably no deal.  Extortion is yet another sign of dishonesty.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2016, 11:34:25 AM

Deal?

If they can find a solution with those in the thread I see no problem to remove my rating. The solution however is not to send me coins, but I also didnt understand it that way.

Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2016, 11:35:26 AM

Deal?

If they can find a solution with those in the thread I see no problem to remove my rating. The solution however is not to send me coins, but I also didnt understand it that way.

You are kinder than me.  If the user can't understand they need to do the proper thing without a reward, I don't feel sorry for them.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Smithy337

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 01:15:49 PM

Deal?

You are kinder than me.  If the user can't understand they need to do the proper thing without a reward, I don't feel sorry for them.

I'm trying to end this dispute by reversing everything to its original state, I'm not sure what your problem is.
Arrakeen

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Offer escrow, receive negative trust

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 01:18:12 PM

Maybe negative trust, but there was no btc risked losing just by giving him an answer  Wink
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2016, 02:37:07 PM

Maybe negative trust, but there was no btc risked losing just by giving him an answer  Wink

So your time has no value?

Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2016, 03:19:34 PM

I'm trying to end this dispute by reversing everything to its original state, I'm not sure what your problem is.

Have you paid out the bounty yet as you stated you would?  48 hours came and went three months ago.   Undecided

Arrakeen

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Offer escrow, receive negative trust

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 07:44:06 AM

You owe me 30 satoshi for the time it took to read your comment and reply!
Smithy337

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 08:10:02 AM

You owe me 30 satoshi for the time it took to read your comment and reply!

Careful, bitcointalk is full of users on power trips. My argument was well balanced to why changing terms mid-thread can set a bad precedent for future cases, but apparently logic doesn't exist here. I don't really care, at the end of the day, it is only ~0.03 BTC
Smithy337

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 11:34:28 PM

Have you paid out the bounty yet as you stated you would?  48 hours came and went three months ago.   Undecided

Thanks for the neg rep, your actions just cost someone $15.
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2016, 11:43:48 PM

Have you paid out the bounty yet as you stated you would?  48 hours came and went three months ago.   Undecided

Oh, after three months you were suddenly going to pay?  

Smithy337

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 03:04:39 AM

Have you paid out the bounty yet as you stated you would?  48 hours came and went three months ago.   Undecided

Oh, after three months you were suddenly going to pay?  

Clearly.

Deal?
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2016, 03:16:16 AM
Last edit: January 13, 2016, 03:39:52 AM by Vod

Nothing is stopping you from repaying.   Roll Eyes

You know that negative trust can be removed, but you are waiting for a reward to stick to your word.

In the end, you won't pay a cent and will just move on to a different account.

Smithy337

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 11:28:31 PM

Nothing is stopping you from repaying.   Roll Eyes

You know that negative trust can be removed, but you are waiting for a reward to stick to your word.

In the end, you won't pay a cent and will just move on to a different account.

No, you complicated everything. I know your character and I know you won't remove the neg trust after I pay the $15.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: