Bitcoin Forum
December 05, 2016, 10:35:13 AM *
News: To be able to use the next phase of the beta forum software, please ensure that your email address is correct/functional.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 [148] 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I am pretty confident we are the new wealthy elite, gentlemen.  (Read 507844 times)
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 1106

Hello You

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 03:13:21 AM

I also wonder whether the early November Fed auction of 44,000-ish coins is going to hold off our "gentlemen" status for a little bit?

Why? We know they go to serious bidders and even more serious bidders never manage to get their hands on them. They're a total irrelevance to active markets.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 994

Put BTC here: 1GSwznUNG4co5rS3ctmRgtYGcWiHAnwAyj

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 03:41:04 AM

I also wonder whether the early November Fed auction of 44,000-ish coins is going to hold off our "gentlemen" status for a little bit?

Why? We know they go to serious bidders and even more serious bidders never manage to get their hands on them. They're a total irrelevance to active markets.

I don't really disagree with your point; however, I think that many times in these various threads on the forum, we frequently had been discussing the various fed auctions as affecting BTC prices.

Surely, each time we have an auction the circumstances are a bit different, and the affect may be quite different this time around.... at least, I have NO problem with the price going up and bidders to pay fair market value based on the then competitive rate.

I also don't really have any problem with the govt receiving the proceeds - except for some of the potential unjust circumstances of this whole matter concerning the treatment of Ross Ubricht and the ambiguities (and seeming selective enforcement of various laws). 

Anyhow, in the end, maybe we are all somewhat getting used to some of these BTC auctioning scenarios... and the BTC price point will accordingly be allowed to proceed upwardly, in spite of  such dynamics of additional btc coming into the space.

mtnsaa

Activity: 448

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 03:50:09 AM

If Bitcoin wasn't banned during the Silk Road fiasco then I find it very improbable that they will ban it now that it's accepted by companies like Microsoft, eBay and others. Plus there are a lot of other companies and billionaires that invested large sums on it. However, the nature of digital currencies and "anonymous" transactions will always appeal to money laundering activities in my opinion so it's not out of the question.

▄▄███████▄▄                           ▄      ▄
   ██████████████▄                       ███    ███
  ███▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀████                     ███    ███
  █████████████▄ ▀███                    ███    ███   █▄ ▄▄
   ▀████▄  ▄▄███  ▀███                   ███    ███  ▄████
   ▄███████████   ▄███                  ███    ███  ▀▀███▀▀
   ███           ▄███         ▄▄▄▄      ███    ███     █    ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
  ▄███     ▄▄▄▄█████        ▄█████▄    ▄██▀   ▄██▀    ███   █████████
  ███▄    ████████         ▄███▀▀███   ███    ███    ███▀   █████▀████
   ███     ▀▀█████▄      ▄█████▄ ███   ███    ███    ███    ████   ███
   ███         ▀███▄     ███▀███ ███  ███▀   ███▀    ███    ███▀   ███
   ███           ███▄    ███  ▀▀ ███  ███    ███    ███▀   ▄███    ███
   ▀██▄           ███    ███▄  ▄███   ███    ███    ███    ███    ███▀
    ███           ▀███▄   ████████    ███    ███    ███    ███    ███
    ▀██            ▀████   ▀████▀      ██     ██    ▀██    ▀█▀    ▀█▀

▄▄▀                ▀▄▄
     ▄ ▀▀                    ▀▀ ▄
   ▄ ▀▀▀                      ▀▀▀ ▄
  ▄▀▀▀                          ▀▀▀▄
 ▀█▄▄                            ▄▄█▀
▄█  ▄                            ▄  █▄
▀█ █▀                            ▀█ █▀
█▄  ▄                            ▄  ▄█
▀█ █                              █ █▀
█▄   █                          █   ▄█
 ██▄█▀                          ▀█▄██
  ▀▀  ▄█                      █▄  ▀▀
  ▀██▄ ▀  █▄              ▄█  ▀ ▄██▀
    ▀▀▀   ██  █▄      ▄█  ██   ▀▀▀
     ▀███▄▄▀  ███    ███  ▀▄▄███▀
        ▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▀    ▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀
          ▀▀█████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀
Free Bitcoins
Chat Lottery & Games
Level Up System with Rewards
▄████████▄  ▄████████▄
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
 ████████    ████████
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
▀████████▀  ▀████████▀
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 03:58:16 AM

If Bitcoin wasn't banned during the Silk Road fiasco then I find it very improbable that they will ban it now that it's accepted by companies like Microsoft, eBay and others. Plus there are a lot of other companies and billionaires that invested large sums on it. However, the nature of digital currencies and "anonymous" transactions will always appeal to money laundering activities in my opinion so it's not out of the question.

We are NOT really referring to any kind of ban here (and yes, there is less worry about any kind of outright ban in recent years). 

Nonetheless many of us realize that there is plenty of hostilities from governments towards bitcoin - even though these various auctions seem to demonstrate, with facts, some of the opposite regarding the government's official recognition of bitcoin as something that can be auctioned off.

STT
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2015, 04:16:17 AM

I have never seen a boom and bust that wasn't perpetuated by government involvement. Bitcoin is immune from such things.
Tomorrow, the UK & USA decide to make investing in Bitcoin illegal, punished by life imprisonment.

Suddenly, Bitcoin crashes and becomes obsolete. Government wins.
USSR banned dollars but it didnt stop them being used anyway.   I dont think its that simple, it depends on the bitcoin economy outside the reach of the ban.   Bitcoin is banned in some countries usually where dollars are restricted in their circulation
Also you have to weigh the usefulness of bitcoin between people in that banned country territory.  If somehow the currency saves them alot of work, stops losses from their flawed national currency then you have alot of demand and people will find a way usually.  Bitcoin wallets I think can be passed on usb sticks if need be though it requires more trust, its possible distribution continues anyway even if it were possible to restrict from any live network

jubalix
Legendary

Activity: 1330

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 05:05:08 AM

I have never seen a boom and bust that wasn't perpetuated by government involvement. Bitcoin is immune from such things.
Tomorrow, the UK & USA decide to make investing in Bitcoin illegal, punished by life imprisonment.

USSR banned dollars but it didnt stop them being used anyway.   I dont think its that simple, it depends on the bitcoin economy outside the reach of the ban.   Bitcoin is banned in some countries usually where dollars are restricted in their circulation
Also you have to weigh the usefulness of bitcoin between people in that banned country territory.  If somehow the currency saves them alot of work, stops losses from their flawed national currency then you have alot of demand and people will find a way usually.  Bitcoin wallets I think can be passed on usb sticks if need be though it requires more trust, its possible distribution continues anyway even if it were possible to restrict from any live network

yes..ban something and it goes down in value, eg drugs.

::CoinWatch:: watch your PPC/BTC/LTC addresses and get a running balance, no QT, no private keys, no passwords, no logins no, sign ups.
Oscilson

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 08:39:28 AM

When the overhang is cleared, price could rise.
Xenoph0bia

Activity: 546

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 10:44:18 AM

Agreed with you that we are one of the new wealthy community. Previously many people sold their btc when it hits $1000 mark in order to book the profit, in coming days if the btc prices are increased then people will again sell their btc but the people who are holding the bictoins will definitely became the wealthiest in the long run.

.YOU CAN........................
PLAY or INVEST

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█

Rainbot
Happy Hour
Faucet
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 1246

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 04:48:33 PM

There's never been a boom and bust that wasn't perpetuated by government involvement, except every one that's happened to Bitcoin. Yes Atlas, Bitcoin is so immune that it's no longer worth $1,200. lol

"Perpetuated". It doesn't mean that there aren't booms and busts, just that they tend to right themselves naturally if governments don't try to meddle.

I wouldn't necessarily say "never" myself though.

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k
Betwrong

Activity: 574

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 05:23:10 PM

yes..ban something and it goes down in value, eg drugs.

That was said with irony I suppose.  Smiley

But the thing is not as much people are using drugs as much we want were using Bitcoins. So I personally don't want Bitcoin was banned in any country. The more people can legally use it the better.

jmintuck02

Activity: 182

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 09:44:32 PM

So the btc trading that I do- trading altcoin to BTC should eventually increase my income to wealthy status in time. Can't wait. My miners are gonna pay for themselves

over and over again. Good damn job I went hungry for 1/4th of a month just to invest in a couple miners. I sacrificed for these miners that I bought. Wiill be worth it. Will honestly

be restocking groceries on a fairly big scale to get refilled. May do many groceries for a month or two to have a VERY full pantry for when I want to get another miner if I have to

very soon. I have to PACK my pantry absolutely full to stay at or above capacity. from here on in.

Well, I believe it won't be too long until my miners start paying for themselves many times over. Trading altcoin; the ones fastest to mine, will help a LOT. Should make a BTC

sometime by this time next year, unless something big happens. When BTC rises to 1,000s per btc, I don't know what I will do, but I will be so  happy.

Velkro

Activity: 924

<3 Vanity Addresses :)

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 09:45:17 PM

I will believe in this wealthy elite when i see it Wink, u can never know for sure until it will happen.

tom555

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 08:42:01 AM

do you think bitcoin have a good future?and make us wealth or rich?
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 09:29:04 AM

it's up to the people if they are willing to give bitcoin a chance, bitcoin is there nearly complete, it's not like bitcoin can force adoption by itself

it offer a better option in term of fee, if they continue to want to spend more for no reason i don't know what could make them move to bitcoin

Denker

Activity: 784

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 10:17:52 AM

First of all yes I beliebe Bitcin can and will bring us a good future. But becoming rich or weathy by it I think nobody can answer you.
My personal opinion is if Bitcoin makes a global breakthrough, in whatever way this will be, I believe it's going to be valued really high.

disclaimer201
Legendary

Activity: 1316

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 11:30:14 PM

Bitcoin itself will not suffice to make a good/better future. We still need more trust, many more services, need to solve the scalability issue and how to keep the blockchain at a reasonable size at the same time. The recent news from the ECJ will help on the way!

designerusa
Legendary

Activity: 840

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 08:35:03 PM

If bitcoin will give us better future it's trust would significantly grow.
Basically it would help us get sustainable wealth.
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1176

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 09:52:39 PM

I actually find this "argument" as presented in mainstream media (when they touch BTC at all) as kind of silly. Any arbitrary moment of actual thought would illustrate to even a Democrat that the most used currency in criminal activity is the US dollar.

Buy Bitcoins with Paypal, Credit card, or other methods. Send me a PM or a text to 208-451-2665.
Oscilson

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 09:55:07 AM

The price of bitcoin has to be stable (not to volatile) so that bitcoin can be regarded as a wealth. Otherwise it will be treated as a tool to extract money from some people and enrich every few.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 06:44:45 PM

The price of bitcoin has to be stable (not to volatile) so that bitcoin can be regarded as a wealth. Otherwise it will be treated as a tool to extract money from some people and enrich every few.

Stability may take some time because bitcoin is going to continue in adoption for quite some time, with networking effects.   Nonetheless, lacking in stability does NOT decrease its value, so long as there remains some predictability concerning the value and/or supply of BTC, and the supply is fairly well known.

In other words, holders of bitcoin need NOT be so concerned about its upward instability - and surely as Bitcoin's market cap increases, let's say into the $100+ billion territory, there is likely going to considerably increase protection from the ability to manipulate it's price downward (will likely become much more costly to attempt such a downward price manipulation).

Pages: « 1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 [148] 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.