Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 03:21:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 [158] 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 ... 232 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I am pretty confident we are the new wealthy elite, gentlemen.  (Read 631743 times)
tabnloz
Legendary

Activity: 961
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 02:51:40 PM

I think that's the most rational thing anyone has said it in this thread yet. Any increase in price at this point will be short lived and the roller coaster isn't at the end of the tracks yet. Bitcoin is so tiny still that just about anyone with a substantial amount of money can move the market. The Chinese are having good fun playing with Bitcoin right now. What's going to happen when they decide to move on to something new? We have lots of bubbles left to go.

They wont go anywhere given the capital controls there, bitcoin is a hedge against fiat, and so far fiat is getting worse and worse every day.

Capital controls, impending hyperinflation, and huge regulations. Nope bitcoin is still nr 1.

The market cap of Bitcoin is a whopping $6.5 billion. That's a tiny amount of money compared to even individual businesses, which makes discussing it as a national currency a serious fantasy. For comparison here's the amount of money that a few large companies hide off shore and these companies are worth way more than this:

And the ECB is printing trillions of euros, not to mention the impending negative interest rates that will hyper-expand the currency supply.

That 6.5 billion $ is secured, and wont lose it's value. The rest of them are getting eroded by the minute.

Other dollar bills will flee to bitcoin to avoid erosion Wink

Bitcoin is still a piece of chewing gum on the road, the dregs at the bottom of the cup. In a world where 'trillions' is part of the monetary language, we are only a blip. But, what bitcoin does have is potential; to disintermediate one of the strongest and most abused power structures of all time - money. That's why we are all here - potential. It all might end tomorrow.....

I don't think we need to worry about hyper inflation just yet. the market still trusts the central banks to lead the way and the government won't default on its debts just yet. it isn't the amount of currency printed, because much of it sits in excess reserve accounts anyway (no velocity), gathering free interest. And the public has had a shift in mindset rsulting from the trauma of 08. the money printing ends up being deflationary. I think deflation til mid 2016. maybe this time next year it'll be real - sovereign debt crisis time.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 03:31:14 PM

Suddenly im past the confidence phase,

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
yoona

Activity: 493
Merit: 250

Live by your own rules

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 05:37:06 PM

http://astrohacker.com/ahc/bitcoin-is-the-economic-singularity/

After reading this, the scale of black market and digital economies and the effect Bitcoin will have on them I am pretty certain we are going to be very wealthy men -- even with a sum as small as 10 Bitcoins. It's just so hard to believe. We are only in the beginning storms with these significant rallies from 10 to 20 dollars. I will not be surprised to see prices from hundreds to thousands in the coming months.

The world just isn't going to be the same and we have been blessed as the pioneers.

What are you going to do with your Bitcoin wealth once your coins hit upwards of $10,000 a pop?
we are the pioneers?i love that..yes we all the pioneers of bitcoin holders,bitcoin adopters and bitcoin users. yes i'm agree,and i'm proud if one future day bitcoin will blow as global currency,and as early adopter,i'm will glad to explain what i know to every people as "wealth getelman" Smiley
James100t

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 06:05:41 PM

If anybody proved me the bitcoin is real.I am also going to mad with you by the investment.I have little confusion about this.Please help me by the some information.
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1012

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 06:34:31 PM

If anybody proved me the bitcoin is real.I am also going to mad with you by the investment.I have little confusion about this.Please help me by the some information.

What do you mean with "the bitcoin is real"? As in physical real? No Bitcoins don't exist in the real world, it's all digital, but that doesn't mean it's not valuable. Your money in a bank is just 0 and 1's, digital too, it's not backed by anything, I think you need a lot of studying to do.
ausbit
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 06:48:24 PM

First of all we can say that Bitcoins is real and can give a huge profits if you know how and where to spend your Bitcoins in any trading market. If we need to exactly what we should know then we can ask the questions point to point to figure out the answers brother. And I am too confident that all the gentleman here trading Bitcoins will get big differences in income.
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 06:50:43 PM

Once a transaction is seen on the network (in seconds), you can be 99.99% sure that the transaction will be confirmed (recorded on the blockchain) unless you are dealing with a scammer who could "possibly" double spend.

Unless, of course, we have experienced the 'ECE' of moving to a blocks-full environment. In which case your broadcast 'seen on the network' transaction may _never_ confirm.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 06:53:59 PM

the money printing ends up being deflationary.

Not quite. Money printing simply cannot be deflationary. Period. The reduction in velocity has been more than even the exorbitant money printing can overcome. The net is deflationary, but only due to the fact that the amount of deflation due to reduction in velocity has absolutely swamped the amount of inflation in the money supply.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1007

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 07:00:25 PM
Last edit: May 12, 2016, 06:57:21 AM by RealBitcoin

Bitcoin is still a piece of chewing gum on the road...

Not that much it's already coming close to silver's market cap.

Silver is only 30 billion$ market and bitcoin is coming close to it and probably surpassing it in the next 10 years Smiley

Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 09:20:12 PM

Bitcoin is still a piece of chewing gum on the road, the dregs at the bottom of the cup. In a world where 'trillions' is part of the monetary language, we are only a blip. But, what bitcoin does have is potential; to disintermediate one of the strongest and most abused power structures of all time - money. That's why we are all here - potential. It all might end tomorrow.....

I don't think we need to worry about hyper inflation just yet. the market still trusts the central banks to lead the way and the government won't default on its debts just yet. it isn't the amount of currency printed, because much of it sits in excess reserve accounts anyway (no velocity), gathering free interest. And the public has had a shift in mindset rsulting from the trauma of 08. the money printing ends up being deflationary. I think deflation til mid 2016. maybe this time next year it'll be real - sovereign debt crisis time.

Not that much it's already coming close to silver's market cap.

Silver is only 30 billion$ market and bitcoin is coming close to it and probably surpassing it in the next 10 years Smiley

That's weird.In a businessinder's article "This stunning visualization shows all of the world's money" http://www.businessinsider.de/all-of-worlds-money-in-one-chart-2015-12?r=US&IR=T
it is written that the value of all the Silver above-ground is around $14 billion.That would be only half of the value which you are stating.
Do you have any links for your numbers? I wasn't able to find any.
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1007

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 01:28:35 AM

That's weird.In a businessinder's article "This stunning visualization shows all of the world's money" http://www.businessinsider.de/all-of-worlds-money-in-one-chart-2015-12?r=US&IR=T
it is written that the value of all the Silver above-ground is around $14 billion.That would be only half of the value which you are stating.
Do you have any links for your numbers? I wasn't able to find any.

Those are silver stocks, my number is that total physical silver in the world

http://www.24hgold.com/english/news-gold-silver-bitcoin-the-money-of-the-future-.aspx?article=4335281384G10020&redirect=false&contributor=Jan+Skoyles

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1459

Clueless!

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 09:30:12 AM

Well these guys seem to think the price is gonna go to the moon!

Now if only NON-BTC related worldwide press would get this 'excited' on this as a 'basic truth' then I'd fire up the old record of "we're in the money"

The folk in the article (truthful thou I hope it to be) are too far in the BTC weeds to really give an 'unbiased' view imho

anyway link:

http://cointelegraph.com/news/115935/expect-bitcoin-price-to-reach-us1200-or-more-next-year-experts-say

another post of the same theme below

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/analysis-record-highs-predicted-bitcoin-080810660.html

but somewhere in the above it is stated $4400 usd I think it was in 2017..boy I hope they are right. I'll be at 110 btc MINED and held at that point in time...with my miners
being used as doorstops....if it hits that price..they will go from 'doorstops' to a nice glass 'trophy case' with dates in use and btc and/or ltc mined lol Smiley

so want this 'drug induced unicorn 4400 usd by 2017' statement to be correct..please..please Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 09:41:10 AM

Well these guys seem to think the price is gonna go to the moon!

Now if only NON-BTC related worldwide press would get this 'excited' on this as a 'basic truth' then I'd fire up the old record of "we're in the money"

The folk in the article (truthful thou I hope it to be) are too far in the BTC weeds to really give an 'unbiased' view imho

anyway link:

http://cointelegraph.com/news/115935/expect-bitcoin-price-to-reach-us1200-or-more-next-year-experts-say

another post of the same theme below

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/analysis-record-highs-predicted-bitcoin-080810660.html

but somewhere in the above it is stated $4400 usd I think it was in 2017..boy I hope they are right. I'll be at 110 btc MINED and held at that point in time...with my miners
being used as doorstops....if it hits that price..they will go from 'doorstops' to a nice glass 'trophy case' with dates in use and btc and/or ltc mined lol Smiley

so want this 'drug induced unicorn 4400 usd by 2017' statement to be correct..please..please Smiley

If its not @$4400 in 2017 if will be for sure by 2020 halving
Just have to be patient, it may well be higher than 4400 in  2017...if someone told people  in 2011 or 2012 my $10 coins would  be worth $1200 next year I would have laughed...
ATguy

Activity: 423

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 10:27:34 AM

The proof of work Bitcoin uses guarantees Bitcoin is backed by something real, namely the block creation is done by mining with physical devices using electricity. Because Bitcoin has by far the highest hashrate, thus security, it is the electricity + hardware needed to run the miners which is real.

.Liqui Exchange.Trade and earn 24% / year on BTC, LTC, ETH
....Brand NEW..........................................Payouts every 24h. Learn more at official thread
Rizky Aditya

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 10:55:54 AM

The proof of work Bitcoin uses guarantees Bitcoin is backed by something real, namely the block creation is done by mining with physical devices using electricity. Because Bitcoin has by far the highest hashrate, thus security, it is the electricity + hardware needed to run the miners which is real.

Exactly. This is already great proof. First of all, why does that guy even think bitcoin is not real. People have used it sooooo many times already. That guy seems really stupid.
tabnloz
Legendary

Activity: 961

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 11:04:26 AM

the money printing ends up being deflationary.

Not quite. Money printing simply cannot be deflationary. Period. The reduction in velocity has been more than even the exorbitant money printing can overcome. The net is deflationary, but only due to the fact that the amount of deflation due to reduction in velocity has absolutely swamped the amount of inflation in the money supply.

Well, it depends on the perspective. I see what you're saying - that QE is producing less inflation than there currently is deflation, therefore deflation has the upper hand.

My point is that QE initially benefits the big banks ("trickle down"!!) but instead of lending out free money into the economy, many banks park part of it in excess reserves and earn free interest (currently, 51% of the interest paid out on excess reserves goes to non US banks). If it was simply velocity being too prominent, then the whole essence of QE is wrong and it should have been helicopter money from the start, bailing out underwater homeowners directly and giving people money to spend. But the problem is this was a debt & derivative crisis, not just a housing bust. Main street never saw the money, only witnessed the biggest fraud in history, and so sentiment remains traumatized, hence the deflation because too many people have no ability or desire to spend, much like the generation who survived the depression had their behavior altered. And to boot, printing has devalued all currencies, reducing purchasing power.

This QE money was produced for no other reason than to shore up the balance sheets of the biggest banks who could never mark their assets to market. The free money has been used to plug those gaping balance sheet holes. But free money also has another effect other than propping up the zombies - for the money that does get lent, because the price is so cheap - almost risk free - we see mal-investment and rampant speculation into some asset classes, an example being build up and overcapacity (example being oil). Overcapacity and oversupply = downward pressure on prices.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 11:59:40 AM

Zac Bissonnette’s new book The Great Beanie Baby Bubble does an excellent job explaining the basic economic factors behind Beanie Babies’ success. Ty Warner, the mastermind behind the toys, had a remarkable talent for manipulating supply and demand. In simple market terms, Warner manipulated supply and demand to build a frenzy for his product. But Bissonnette’s book is disappointingly short on psychological explanations for why Americans were eager to shell out hundreds of millions of dollars for rather conventional toys. (The total spent on Beanie Babies is in the billions but the exact amount is unknown. Some were traded for as much as $5000.) In one sardonic passage, Bissonnette cites Sigmund Freud’s belief that “the root of collecting” lies in “sex and toilet training,” as “the collector … directs his surplus libido into an inanimate object: a love of things.” Bissonnette also hypothesizes that collecting Beanie Babies reflects that the acquisition of a supposed scarce, valued item activates our endorphins even when a scarcity does not actually exist. Some sort of mental disturbance surely accounts for the more extreme cases of Beanie Baby addiction—like the retired soap opera star who lost his children’s six-figure college fund investing in the toys, or the man who committed murder over what a detective described as a “Beanie Baby deal gone bad.”

A paper by David Tuckett and Richard Taffler, two economics professors with training in psychoanalytical theory, suggests Bissonnette’s conjecture isn’t that far off. Tuckett and Taffler specifically examine the dot-com bubble, but their theory applies to all modern bubbles. According to the economists, humans occasionally view exciting new creations as “phantastic objects,” which overwhelm us and skew our sense of reason. Our brains begin to tell us that by obtaining these “magical” objects, we will achieve some profound level of satisfaction—something akin to transcendence. The thrill of the chase then muffles our ability to rationally evaluate the actual worth of the object, and others’ willingness to go along with our fantasy reinforces our suspension of logic.

Substitute this in the above:

With this:

Guido
Legendary

Activity: 1061
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 08:28:09 PM

in my humble opinion, we see ATH 2016, I am not saying end of the year will be the highest range, but at some point we stroll past previous ATH of $1200 during 2016

I am Bonkers BTW
Crypto OG
        +
Digital Artist
nerFohanzo

Activity: 631
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 08:45:53 PM

First of all we can say that Bitcoins is real and can give a huge profits if you know how and where to spend your Bitcoins in any trading market. If we need to exactly what we should know then we can ask the questions point to point to figure out the answers brother. And I am too confident that all the gentleman here trading Bitcoins will get big differences in income.

That's very true, I think that the value of bitcoins would be reaching the moon in the coming years and we are gonna rich very soon, we don't have to wait for the future as its gonna give us some good profits in the coming months, and if you hold a good amount of bitcoins at present then your future is safe, I am collecting or buying as much as bitcoins as possible at a moment as I am sure that the value would be much higher in the coming years.
larem

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 10:04:41 PM

in my humble opinion, we see ATH 2016, I am not saying end of the year will be the highest range, but at some point we stroll past previous ATH of $1200 during 2016

This... it might happen. Overall we're on an uptrend and a LOT of things are happening right now and into early 2016. I can see a jump and then another fall back. There will be HEAVY resistance past 1000 for sure.

Pages: « 1 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 [158] 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 ... 232 »
  Print  

Jump to: