Bitcoin Forum
December 04, 2016, 08:25:27 AM *
News: To be able to use the next phase of the beta forum software, please ensure that your email address is correct/functional.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 [158] 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I am pretty confident we are the new wealthy elite, gentlemen.  (Read 507754 times)
larem

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 06:11:22 AM

There is a great possibility it reaches 17000 per BTC, however no one knows.... I personally would be happy to see BTC stay low around the 300 - 400 USD mark so i could aim to buy around 10 for next year.

But that is very unlikely to happen. What you're wishing is that Bitcoin should stay stagnant for the next 10 years regarding the price.
Bitcoin will be either value way higher as now or it will be zero.
Just buy everytime you have some money left.

I think BTC has a lot of growth (keep in mind inflation is ridiculous and WILL absolutely impact BTC), but it will take a long time. We are hitting strong downward pressure after every $10. If we even get to 600, it's going to be a huge wall. Then 650, 700, 750... -> ATH. And after the ATH it's going to be one wall after another.

ATH  coming Jan 2016. And it wont be hard to get there.

Not even close. I think we *might* hit 700 in 2016 sometime, but that's a big if. 1250+ wouldn't be for at least another year (though with the way economies are going... this could be wrong).

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 08:29:02 AM

NXT is pretty fast, it has 1 min block time, compared to 10min in btc, so i dont know what your talking about.

If the use case is an exchange that enables day trading, 1 minute is an eternity to some.

besides fastcoin, there were not other altcoin with a faster block time, 1 min is considered the best for altcoin already lowering even more is only asking for a better orphan rate

RealBitcoin

Activity: 602

Bitcoin is Money!

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2015, 12:05:16 PM

NXT is pretty fast, it has 1 min block time, compared to 10min in btc, so i dont know what your talking about.

If the use case is an exchange that enables day trading, 1 minute is an eternity to some.

besides fastcoin, there were not other altcoin with a faster block time, 1 min is considered the best for altcoin already lowering even more is only asking for a better orphan rate

Yea 1 min is pretty solid, i would even go as far as 3 min.   But 10 min seems too slow for me.

I have to wait usually 20-30 min for a TX to complete, it's ridiculous.

How spoiled we became, for bank transfer we wait 4 days, and we are angry to wait 30 min for bitcoin transfer Cheesy

But still, if its possible, why not make it 2-3 min long?

Earn Bitcoins Tutorial: DOWNLOAD HERE!
bitsmichel

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 01:10:46 PM

Yea 1 min is pretty solid, i would even go as far as 3 min.   But 10 min seems too slow for me.

I have to wait usually 20-30 min for a TX to complete, it's ridiculous.

How spoiled we became, for bank transfer we wait 4 days, and we are angry to wait 30 min for bitcoin transfer Cheesy

But still, if its possible, why not make it 2-3 min long?

The transaction time 10n times is faster, but is it as secure  Huh

larem

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 06:20:11 AM

While I think NXT is good for some things, it is ridiculously slow due to how it works. Plus you're paying to list your coins for sale (or assets), which makes you be much more cautious since you can't keep re-listing to keep up with the market without losing a lot of money/time.

I dont know but NXT is pretty fast, it has 1 min block time, compared to 10min in btc, so i dont know what your talking about.

I think if bitcoin block time gets faster, then NXT will also benefit from that.

Scenarios:

I want to sell 10 assets/coins on NXT
I create a new sell order (1 NXT fee). I wait for the blockchain to confirm it
30 minutes later I realize the price is going down and I want to jump on it
I cancel the order. Wait 1m for it to finish
I set up a new order. Wait 1m and pay 1 NXT fee

(Total time to do this? 3m on average)

On an exchange:

I want to list 10 assets/coins. I input the amount/value and click "Sell"
It's instantly added to the list free of charge
I see the price going down and want to jump on it
I hit cancel. It's instantly returned to me. I re-list at the new price free of charge, instantly

Total time? As little as half a second all-in.

For someone who day-trades a lot, NXT simply isn't feasible for non-stop trading.

faxmachine

Activity: 7

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 08:08:34 AM

I am pretty excited about where btc's are going, it's crazy how fast it was fluctuated over the years. Just a few years ago when the silk road was around they were worth 1 usd. Then when that crashed it soared up to 1200$, but quickly went back down to 300$. I wonder if people sold off there btc's when they reached there peak and actually found buyers, because for a buyer that seems like a bad investment considering how fast it lost that high value. It's not like gold where the price just goes up and stays up. It's still an amazing currency that can't be effected by government inflation, it's a currency for the people, so i would gladly turn my usd into btc because it feels safer then usd which is always printing new money via the federal reserve. Evil bank cartels can't be in control of it, the control is spread out amongst all of us. Pretty awesome.
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 08:55:10 AM

I am pretty excited about where btc's are going, it's crazy how fast it was fluctuated over the years. Just a few years ago when the silk road was around they were worth 1 usd. Then when that crashed it soared up to 1200$, but quickly went back down to 300$. I wonder if people sold off there btc's when they reached there peak and actually found buyers, because for a buyer that seems like a bad investment considering how fast it lost that high value. It's not like gold where the price just goes up and stays up. It's still an amazing currency that can't be effected by government inflation, it's a currency for the people, so i would gladly turn my usd into btc because it feels safer then usd which is always printing new money via the federal reserve. Evil bank cartels can't be in control of it, the control is spread out amongst all of us. Pretty awesome.

Gold did what? Smiley
2double0

Activity: 868

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 09:48:10 AM

Perfect explanation, full scenario in just few sentences.
And yes, one should really invest into BTC instead of any other commodities comparing the % of returns they get yearly.

oser41eric

Activity: 503

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 11:19:36 AM

While I think NXT is good for some things, it is ridiculously slow due to how it works. Plus you're paying to list your coins for sale (or assets), which makes you be much more cautious since you can't keep re-listing to keep up with the market without losing a lot of money/time.

I dont know but NXT is pretty fast, it has 1 min block time, compared to 10min in btc, so i dont know what your talking about.

I think if bitcoin block time gets faster, then NXT will also benefit from that.

Scenarios:

On an exchange:

I hit cancel. It's instantly returned to me. I re-list at the new price free of charge, instantly

For someone who day-trades a lot, NXT simply isn't feasible for non-stop trading.

I totally agree with you. That's one of the main reasons I jumped off of NXT a while ago.
USB-S

Activity: 308

Find cover!

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 11:29:13 AM

Scenarios:

On an exchange:

I totally agree with you. That's one of the main reasons I jumped off of NXT a while ago.
However you can have NXT assets off the blockchain. I think SuperNET was listed on poloniex. Regardless of this I think that SAE has bigger volumes. In my opinion if you want to create any asset on a blockchain, NXT is the way to go.
Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 12:06:45 PM

got in on Page 10 Smiley

www.cryptocurrencycentralbank.com 

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
knightkon

Activity: 420

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 12:15:02 PM

Faster block time doesn't solve anything, it only makes it less secure. Which means you need more blocks for the same security and there is much more risk of orphaned blocks or conflicting chains.
Please explain how faster confirmation times makes the process less secure?  I do agree that there are more of a chance for orphaned blocks which is not really ideal, but I do not see where it would be less secure.  I think that over time when there are more transactions being processed, there would be faster confirmations because the miners would not be waiting for more information in order to fill the blocks, but I may be incorrect about the way that process works.

Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 1932

www.bitpools.com

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2015, 12:37:33 PM

Bitcoin transaction speed is seconds.

seconds

10 minutes is confirmation time (actual recording on the blockchain).

Once a transaction is seen on the network (in seconds), you can be 99.99% sure that the transaction will be confirmed (recorded on the blockchain) unless you are dealing with a scammer who could "possibly" double spend.

I have traded thousands of dollars with people in person where I send the bitcoins, they see it pop up on their phone in seconds and we shake hands and go our merry way.

http://www.bitpools.com
Pool your bitcoins with others. Vote on solutions using the Bitcoin blockchain. Keep your bitcoins in your cold storage until you find a solution you like.
Links and Reviews of useful every day places to spend bitcoins: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=943143.0
tabnloz

Activity: 793

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 02:51:40 PM

I think that's the most rational thing anyone has said it in this thread yet. Any increase in price at this point will be short lived and the roller coaster isn't at the end of the tracks yet. Bitcoin is so tiny still that just about anyone with a substantial amount of money can move the market. The Chinese are having good fun playing with Bitcoin right now. What's going to happen when they decide to move on to something new? We have lots of bubbles left to go.

They wont go anywhere given the capital controls there, bitcoin is a hedge against fiat, and so far fiat is getting worse and worse every day.

Capital controls, impending hyperinflation, and huge regulations. Nope bitcoin is still nr 1.

The market cap of Bitcoin is a whopping $6.5 billion. That's a tiny amount of money compared to even individual businesses, which makes discussing it as a national currency a serious fantasy. For comparison here's the amount of money that a few large companies hide off shore and these companies are worth way more than this:

And the ECB is printing trillions of euros, not to mention the impending negative interest rates that will hyper-expand the currency supply.

That 6.5 billion $ is secured, and wont lose it's value. The rest of them are getting eroded by the minute.

Other dollar bills will flee to bitcoin to avoid erosion Wink

Bitcoin is still a piece of chewing gum on the road, the dregs at the bottom of the cup. In a world where 'trillions' is part of the monetary language, we are only a blip. But, what bitcoin does have is potential; to disintermediate one of the strongest and most abused power structures of all time - money. That's why we are all here - potential. It all might end tomorrow.....

I don't think we need to worry about hyper inflation just yet. the market still trusts the central banks to lead the way and the government won't default on its debts just yet. it isn't the amount of currency printed, because much of it sits in excess reserve accounts anyway (no velocity), gathering free interest. And the public has had a shift in mindset rsulting from the trauma of 08. the money printing ends up being deflationary. I think deflation til mid 2016. maybe this time next year it'll be real - sovereign debt crisis time.
Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 03:31:14 PM

Suddenly im past the confidence phase,

www.cryptocurrencycentralbank.com 

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
yoona

Why is having beer, always good?

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 05:37:06 PM

http://astrohacker.com/ahc/bitcoin-is-the-economic-singularity/

After reading this, the scale of black market and digital economies and the effect Bitcoin will have on them I am pretty certain we are going to be very wealthy men -- even with a sum as small as 10 Bitcoins. It's just so hard to believe. We are only in the beginning storms with these significant rallies from 10 to 20 dollars. I will not be surprised to see prices from hundreds to thousands in the coming months.

The world just isn't going to be the same and we have been blessed as the pioneers.

What are you going to do with your Bitcoin wealth once your coins hit upwards of $10,000 a pop?
we are the pioneers?i love that..yes we all the pioneers of bitcoin holders,bitcoin adopters and bitcoin users. yes i'm agree,and i'm proud if one future day bitcoin will blow as global currency,and as early adopter,i'm will glad to explain what i know to every people as "wealth getelman" Smiley
James100t

Activity: 89

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 06:05:41 PM

If anybody proved me the bitcoin is real.I am also going to mad with you by the investment.I have little confusion about this.Please help me by the some information.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
FIVERR.COM/MARKETSTAR     ☲      I Will Manually Create 40 High PR 9 Safe SEO Permanent Dofollow Backlinks for $5 on Fiverr
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
thejaytiesto

Activity: 756

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 06:34:31 PM

If anybody proved me the bitcoin is real.I am also going to mad with you by the investment.I have little confusion about this.Please help me by the some information.

What do you mean with "the bitcoin is real"? As in physical real? No Bitcoins don't exist in the real world, it's all digital, but that doesn't mean it's not valuable. Your money in a bank is just 0 and 1's, digital too, it's not backed by anything, I think you need a lot of studying to do.

ausbit

Activity: 630

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 06:48:24 PM

First of all we can say that Bitcoins is real and can give a huge profits if you know how and where to spend your Bitcoins in any trading market. If we need to exactly what we should know then we can ask the questions point to point to figure out the answers brother. And I am too confident that all the gentleman here trading Bitcoins will get big differences in income.

jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 1484

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 06:50:43 PM

Once a transaction is seen on the network (in seconds), you can be 99.99% sure that the transaction will be confirmed (recorded on the blockchain) unless you are dealing with a scammer who could "possibly" double spend.

Unless, of course, we have experienced the 'ECE' of moving to a blocks-full environment. In which case your broadcast 'seen on the network' transaction may _never_ confirm.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.
Pages: « 1 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 [158] 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.