Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 09:28:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 [182] 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I am pretty confident we are the new wealthy elite, gentlemen.  (Read 631743 times)
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 01:57:13 AM

I couldn't think of a better place to post this and I think it's fitting here. I just sold my stash of 6 years at $2,200. I just couldn't stand to wait any longer and I'm not greedy. Bitcoin definitely made me rich (not really rich elite but rich enough for me). Everything I own is paid off (houses, cars, Horizon 350 Four Winns boat - everything). I have everything I want and more. Hookers and beer for the rest of my life.

I hope bitcoin goes to a million dollars each and all of you get everything you want. I won't be disappointed if it does (because I kept a couple for a rainy day  Wink ). I'll still be around here to make fun of you when required (maybe not as much as before though). Good luck to you all and don't forget that it's not illegal to sell your coins.

Congrats, that's awesome! I've still got a long ways to go, but my $100 investment back in the day is REALLY paying off right now! Any chance you'd care to share how much you sold and/or how much you bought it for?

Thanks, it was quite a bit more than $100 investment though. I was mining with 4-5 hundred dollar video cards but it definitely paid off.  I already said I sold at $2,200 but it doesn't matter how many I sold. It was enough for me that's all that matters. If you're homeless and you sell one Bitcoin you feel rich. If you're the working poor and you sell 100 bitcoins you feel rich. If you're middle class and you sell 1000 bitcoins you feel rich. All that matters is that it's enough for you personally.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
iram3130
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1010

ITSMYNE 🚀 Talk NFTs, Trade NFTs 🚀

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 02:03:57 AM

I couldn't think of a better place to post this and I think it's fitting here. I just sold my stash of 6 years at $2,200. I just couldn't stand to wait any longer and I'm not greedy. Bitcoin definitely made me rich (not really rich elite but rich enough for me). Everything I own is paid off (houses, cars, Horizon 350 Four Winns boat - everything). I have everything I want and more. Hookers and beer for the rest of my life.

I hope bitcoin goes to a million dollars each and all of you get everything you want. I won't be disappointed if it does (because I kept a couple for a rainy day  Wink ). I'll still be around here to make fun of you when required (maybe not as much as before though). Good luck to you all and don't forget that it's not illegal to sell your coins.

That's a great thing to experience isn't it. I sold some of my stash when it was $1500, I don't regret it now because the loan interest per month was too high for me and I wanted to be free from all those. Congratulations and as you say hope it reach a million dollar price one day and we all will be wealthy elite gentlemen.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 02:05:28 AM

The dream is alive again.  5/23/2017 - 1 BTC = $2300.

HODL~!

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 9981

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 02:18:38 AM

Yeah.. right.. we have seen you around with your selling coins assertions a lot - christmas blah blah blah.. and now, supposedly the big cashing out.

Good of you to cash out on an uptrend, but seems a bit premature to sell a large portion of your holdings... and also, what else are you going to buy into?  oh?  stocks and bonds and real estate?  Bitcoin is likely going to continue to be a decent long term investment, and possibly better than other investments that you have, so it is good to keep some percentage in bitcoin, even if you might have some other asset classes in which you are more bullish...

Let's say 1% in bitcoin or 5% in bitcoin or 10%..

I invested a bit more than 10% in bitcoin in comparison with fiat related investments; however, my bitcoin investment is now more than 40% of my allocation - based on appreciation of bitcoin.. sure it could be wise of me to reallocate to 10% or some other moderate stance - but cashing out completely seems either foolish or you are merely a bank troll trying to get others to sell their coins.... which you have done various times before

No sweetheart, I'm old and that means I'm done. Ever since I turned 60 I go to my annual checkup and bite my nails waiting for the doctor to come in and tell me the bad news. So far the worst thing he's said is that I have type 2 diabetes. Before he tells me I have the big C I'm gonna relax, drink beer and fish.

Well, it is all fine and dandy letting us know about some of your personal details that motivate your action, yet you frequently come off as someone who is cashing out -- and sure that is fine and dandy too.. .especially if you got into bitcoin at a time in which the price was much lower.. so your average cost per BTC may be in the pretty fucking low range.  I don't know.   Without knowing all of the details it is not easy to say, but part of the problem is when you are seeming to gloat about getting out of bitcoin and enjoying life.. sure you may have profited from the price appreciation, but it does not mean that it is a good time to get out - except maybe for your own particular circumstances you feel that bitcoin has served you the purpose that you wanted it to serve.. but bitcoin is far from dead.. and like I already said likely remains a very decent investment, even if it may be prudent, for a lot of folks, to take some profits.

You can have fun fucking with people on this forum and waiting 20 years to sell you coin but I'm not going to.

You are fucking crazy to assume that there is only your approach and all others.. as if you are the only one who has some kind of plan that works.

Hopefully, any of us should be able to devise various plans that work for us, including whether we want to spend time interacting on forums, such as this one.  You do not need to interact if you do not want to and you do not need to appreciate the feedback and opinions of other people.... There can be a lot of very interesting information on forums, but there can be other ways to enjoy life as well or to get information in other ways... This is not all or nothing, even if you chose to consider your own life and/or activities in such a way.

And, yeah, go ahead and presume...

There is such variety of plans that can be tailored that do not necessarily involve getting completely out including selling on the way up.

I have a lot of bitcoin and I have a lot of cash due to bitcoin's appreciation.. I can chose whether or not to reinvest the case or to take it out completely.  I doubt that it going to take me 20 years to accomplish such... or even to change my bitcoin interaction in such a way that involves more cashing out... but I personally am not in a cashing out phase... but it does not make my life worse than yours because I have choices too... and they do not necessarily involve suffering, even if bitcoin prices drop by 50%.

So really, what is the reason to gloat?

Have you ever thought about when you were going to sell?

I thought about it ever since I started investing in BTC in late 2013...

So yeah, I have a plan that works for me. 

I have a plan that I have tweaked over the years.

Yes, I have a lot of thoughts about this...

Just because your plan happens to differ from my plan does not mean that you have thought about it, and I have not.

How much is enough? $5k each, $10k each, $100k each? 

Look at you... judging other people.

Have you ever thought that people cash out at various points along the way?  Maybe there are various target, but it is not necessary for everyone to have any kind of specific target - especially if they can cash out incrementally and have various plans and maybe even tweak those plans because they may not be completely set in stone.

I have though about it a lot lately and I'm not getting any younger.

There is nothing wrong with cashing out, if that is what you believe suits your circumstances, and sure if you have kept a couple of coins, then that may be good too...

So if you feel so relieved to be out of bitcoin, then it could be true that you were a bit over invested, and that is why there is relief and maybe that is why you are feeling some need to gloat a bit...

But on the other hand, I get the sense that you are gloating merely in order to be judgmental of others and to try to call the rest of us fools.. and that is a psychological problem that you seem to have when you phrase the situation in the way that you did.... like as if you are rage quitting..

I can't afford to wait 20 years because I'll be joining Hal Finney in cryo-freeze long before that. Sell a few and enjoy life before it's too late.

Actually, those are great reasons to get out and to spend.. We all have to consider those kinds of things to be able to spend most of our money before we die, but don't spend all of it and then run out and have another 20 years to live in poverty.. NOT an easy task for anyone, but a very personal one to tailor and try to guess as best as is possible.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 02:35:50 AM

Somehow it seems fitting that the last person I talk to here is a fucking troll.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 9981

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 02:54:37 AM

Somehow it seems fitting that the last person I talk to here is a fucking troll.

That's ridiculous.

I have been investing in bitcoin for about 3.5 years, and participating in various threads on the forum to share ideas about bitcoin.

You think that I am a troll merely because I question your "authority" and your presentation of subjects?

Maybe it is fine if you go off fishing if you are having troubles dealing with other people and other opinions and even accepting various nuances and variety of approaches without being judgemental about them?

Sure, life is short, yet we can chose whether to live in a bitter way or not.  I have quite a few experiences in which I am bitter too, and sometimes it can be difficult to figure out how to deal with those bitter thoughts, and yeah if you feel that you are being judged on the forum then maybe your skin is too thin?  or if you are having difficulties dealing with other people on the forum then maybe the forum is not a good place for you to attempt to interact and to share ideas.. and fishing might be better? 

Sure, I like fishing too, but I don't consider those kinds of life enjoyment activities to be completely separate from something like this forum.. in which I can choose or not to participate or to moderate to my liking or to go cold turkey, like you are planning for yourself.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
2dogs
Legendary

Activity: 1268
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 03:25:06 AM

What is the definition of "wealthy elite"?

What if I never sold - kept hodling - forever?
SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 05:57:24 AM

What is the point in dying rich?

Why not use some of your wealth to make this world a better place?

Worst case, you die without leaving your keys behind and all your bitcoins are lost forever, making the pool of available BTC smaller (and thus everybody elses BTC more valuable)
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 06:41:28 AM

This thread was set in 2011.

I guess OP was on the ball big time. I hope you did take advantage of your advice and have purchased enough crypto to make part of that elite.

Anyway, spot on my friend.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
CoinTasker

Activity: 294
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2017, 06:44:57 AM

Thanks, it was quite a bit more than $100 investment though. I was mining with 4-5 hundred dollar video cards but it definitely paid off.  I already said I sold at $2,200 but it doesn't matter how many I sold. It was enough for me that's all that matters. If you're homeless and you sell one Bitcoin you feel rich. If you're the working poor and you sell 100 bitcoins you feel rich. If you're middle class and you sell 1000 bitcoins you feel rich. All that matters is that it's enough for you personally.

Understandable, and I wont lie, I probably wouldn't share the exact number as well....But that doesn't mean I am not curious to know! I am surprised you cashed out now though, even though you stated you did save some for a rainy day. I'm still under the impression we've got nowhere to go but up! Also, a $100 investment at the right time could've easily been way more BTC than what you ended up with...but I'm also under the impression that is not the case as well  Wink

Congrats again, I can't wait till the day in which I feel like I've "Made it"!

DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 08:21:07 AM

This thread was set in 2011.

I guess OP was on the ball big time. I hope you did take advantage of your advice and have purchased enough crypto to make part of that elite.

Anyway, spot on my friend.
That is for sure, he already bought a lot of bitcoins at a lower price and for sure he is really holding tight his bitcoins for the incoming years because the profits that he is getting now are not enough for him. If i were one of the luckiest person that bought bitcoin at a lower price then i will definitely hold it up to 5 years from now and after that i will decide if i will sell my bitcoins or not.
jubalix
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1022

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2017, 08:23:27 AM

I can well understand this, youve locked into tangible gains. Feel secure live life.

For me I just cant help myself .... I would look at the whatever I purchased with BTC and 5 years later think well that was the most expensive X ever.

The temptation to enjoy is large though, to be able to just buy something... take out say something just a year an half ago and you have lost 4 x or something.....wow.

There must come a break point though!!!!! where you can cash out some and still be ok with it.

Out of curiosity what exchange(s)/market did you cash out on, did they let you withdraw the fiat all at once?

Admitted Practicing Lawyer::BTC/Crypto Specialist. B.Engineering/B.Laws

https://www.binance.com/?ref=10062065
AjithBtc

Activity: 1666
Merit: 276

Vave.com - Crypto Casino

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 08:26:04 AM

Being rich is what ​mentioned here​ as elite. Being an elite member through bitcoin is possible to most of the bitcoin users as the price is expected to reach very big in the coming years. Based on prediction market even a single coin could fulfill the necessity of a men in a third world country lifetime. This confirms being elite holding bitcoin is highly possible.

2dogs
Legendary

Activity: 1268

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 08:37:52 AM
Last edit: May 24, 2017, 08:52:34 AM by 2dogs

Have you ever thought about when you were going to sell? How much is enough? $5k each, $10k each, $100k each?  I have though about it a lot lately and I'm not getting any younger. I can't afford to wait 20 years because I'll be joining Hal Finney in cryo-freeze long before that. Sell a few and enjoy life before it's too late.
Congrats to you.  You know "when to hold em, fold em, know when to walk away."

This is the dilemma. Bitcoin rewards the hodlers, and lately, the altcoin hodlers, too.
It is the alternate universe of the fiat world - instead of inflation and the incentive to spend, it is the opposite.  No incentive to cash out to fiat - so why sell - ever?

Sure, it would be great to time it perfectly - buy low sell high - but you know how that goes...

Flanagan

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 03:40:08 PM

+ 540 % in 1 Year dudes

Learn to listen, listen to learn.
pealr12

Activity: 1946
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 03:54:42 PM

Are you currently putting all your money into bitcoin?  If you say this, you show you believe it by your actions.  I am putting all my money into bitcoin - I see a possibility of $50-$100+ per coin this year.  Just think, once the "bankers" and hedge funds find out about this, we are going to the moon.  Once my bitcoins are $1,000+ I will be able to pay off my growing college loans and maybe get an apartment, and my first car Smiley
After 6 six years of waiting ,this man is already a millionaire with apartments  and a luxury car. Am i right?
Your one example that if you believe ,your price could be so great.
Minecache
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1024

🚀 Bitcoin<=>Bullish

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 04:54:16 PM

This thread is the New Testament of Hodl.

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 05:00:36 PM

For me I just cant help myself .... I would look at the whatever I purchased with BTC and 5 years later think well that was the most expensive X ever.

Once you've reached a certain plateau does that really matter any more? I assume for most people here it would be a house or two, enough to pay living costs forever and the purchase of a small Asian woman run her little fingers all over your willy.

Beyond that it becomes somewhat academic. I had a £200 Amazon gift card the other day and in the end gave it to someone else because there was genuinely nothing I wanted on the entire site so lord knows what I'd do with trillions, probably troll the Bitcoin markets by gulping up all the sell walls.

Gastotade

Activity: 545
Merit: 250

Colletrix - Bridging the Physical and Virtual Worl

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 05:17:05 PM

This thread is the New Testament of Hodl.

Hodling is the best thing to do right now. Trust me even a single bitcoin will make as reach someday.

SIGMA.
by HYDRA X
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.No commissions.
.or hidden fees.

cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 3976
Merit: 1295

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 10:06:32 AM

Yeah.. right.. we have seen you around with your selling coins assertions a lot - christmas blah blah blah.. and now, supposedly the big cashing out.

Good of you to cash out on an uptrend, but seems a bit premature to sell a large portion of your holdings... and also, what else are you going to buy into?  oh?  stocks and bonds and real estate?  Bitcoin is likely going to continue to be a decent long term investment, and possibly better than other investments that you have, so it is good to keep some percentage in bitcoin, even if you might have some other asset classes in which you are more bullish...

Let's say 1% in bitcoin or 5% in bitcoin or 10%..

I invested a bit more than 10% in bitcoin in comparison with fiat related investments; however, my bitcoin investment is now more than 40% of my allocation - based on appreciation of bitcoin.. sure it could be wise of me to reallocate to 10% or some other moderate stance - but cashing out completely seems either foolish or you are merely a bank troll trying to get others to sell their coins.... which you have done various times before

No sweetheart, I'm old and that means I'm done. Ever since I turned 60 I go to my annual checkup and bite my nails waiting for the doctor to come in and tell me the bad news. So far the worst thing he's said is that I have type 2 diabetes. Before he tells me I have the big C I'm gonna relax, drink beer and fish. You can have fun fucking with people on this forum and waiting 20 years to sell your coin but I'm not going to.

Have you ever thought about when you were going to sell? How much is enough? $5k each, $10k each, $100k each?  I have though about it a lot lately and I'm not getting any younger. I can't afford to wait 20 years because I'll be joining Hal Finney in cryo-freeze long before that. Sell a few and enjoy life before it's too late.

Alcor or CI? I know Hal went Alcor. Just curious.

I get what you are saying. For the first time, I sold a few coins this week (~1%). 

Pages: « 1 ... 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 [182] 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 »
  Print  

Jump to: