Bitcoin Forum
October 18, 2017, 12:52:43 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.0.1  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 [190] 191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I am pretty confident we are the new wealthy elite, gentlemen.  (Read 598153 times)
surix

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 09:43:01 PM

For most of the people on the forum, I believe the size of stash is below 10BTC (source from polls on the forum).

So even the price goes to 10k USD, it's 100k USD; while it's a very nice pocket money, it is far from enough to retire (1~2M USD) or become rich (>5M USD).

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!     
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Arday1979

Activity: 21

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 02:26:45 PM

Can you get close to paying out taxes on bitcoin if you acquire items directly as an alternative of changing to fiat? Also, how would the government know how considerably you need to shell out if there is no file of what cost you bought your bitcoins at?
susila_bai

Activity: 616

Pundi X- Any store can buy, sell & accept Crypto!

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 02:54:47 PM

For most of the people on the forum, I believe the size of stash is below 10BTC (source from polls on the forum).

So even the price goes to 10k USD, it's 100k USD; while it's a very nice pocket money, it is far from enough to retire (1~2M USD) or become rich (>5M USD).

What you saying is true for living a normal life then 10 btc is enough at the price of 10k usd. If i think from the fiat currency conversion of my country then the price conversion will be more more then enough for my family to live happily with 10btc @ 10k btc.

▄██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀███▀███▄
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▀▄█████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▄█▄▀████

███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀████████▀▀▀██▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀█████
███          ▀███   ████████   ██    ▀█████████   ██           ▀████   █████
███   █████▄   ██   ████████   ██      ▀███████   ██   ██████▄   ███   █████
███   ██████   ██   ████████   ██   █▄   ▀█████   ██   ████████   ██   █████
███   █████▀   ██   ████████   ██   ███▄   ▀███   ██   ████████   ██   █████
███          ▄███   ▀██████▀   ██   █████▄   ▀█   ██   ███████▀   ██   █████
███   ▄▄▄▄▄███████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███   ███████▄      ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███   █████
███   █████████████▄        ▄████   █████████▄    ██        ▄▄▄█████   █████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
  BUY
  SELL
ACCEPT
   ███████████████████████████
  .CRYPTOCURRENCY..
███████████████████████████
Rinaze

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 02:59:24 PM

Seeing how this thread is created in 2011, the title seems to fit the current situation very well for all investors who actually got into cryptocurrency back then!

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 1316

Put BTC here: 1GSwznUNG4co5rS3ctmRgtYGcWiHAnwAyj

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 09:12:27 PM

So much of these kind of price appreciations go to show that there had been very decent price points in which we could accumulate BTC, even in recent times.  For nearly a year (talking late 2014 through 2015) BTC prices were under $300 - and a lot of the time below $250 (or at least in the $250 range), so retrospectively we realize that $10k or $30k could have gone a long way to building a really decent BTC stash - in order to set up a person for the possibility of rich - even in the western context.  $30k at $250 would have gotten someone 120BTC, which would now be worth over $500k.  NOT exactly filthy rich category - but sometimes our expectations can become a bit much if we are expecting to become rich too quickly.

By the way, so many people were so scared as fuck about BTC in 2015 - so it is understandable that many folks may not have recognized that "buying opportunity."

Anyhow, if someone currently has 10BTC, I would still recommend continuing to attempt to accummulate by dollar cost average buying, and if you can sell a tiny bit while the prices go up and use that money to buy back during corrections, and you could likely continue to build your number of BTC and or at least maintain your 10BTC while building up cash in order to buy back on dips.  Continuing to buy $10 a week may be an o.k. strategy, and of course if you can afford, more than you can buy more than $10 per week while attempting to employ strategies to sell small amounts on price rises and attempt to buy back on price dips (both rises and dips seem to be ongoingly inevitable in this space).

henmark

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 08:13:08 AM

http://astrohacker.com/ahc/bitcoin-is-the-economic-singularity/

After reading this, the scale of black market and digital economies and the effect Bitcoin will have on them I am pretty certain we are going to be very wealthy men -- even with a sum as small as 10 Bitcoins. It's just so hard to believe. We are only in the beginning storms with these significant rallies from 10 to 20 dollars. I will not be surprised to see prices from hundreds to thousands in the coming months.

The world just isn't going to be the same and we have been blessed as the pioneers.

What are you going to do with your Bitcoin wealth once your coins hit upwards of $10,000 a pop?
Bitcoin has turned a lot of young people into millionaires in just months of investing in it. It wouldn’t be a big deal if I invest half of my salary in bitcoin and watch it rise over the years.

Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 05:40:39 PM

After reading this, the scale of black market and digital economies and the effect Bitcoin will have on them I am pretty certain we are going to be very wealthy men -- even with a sum as small as 10 Bitcoins. It's just so hard to believe. We are only in the beginning storms with these significant rallies from 10 to 20 dollars. I will not be surprised to see prices from hundreds to thousands in the coming months.

The world just isn't going to be the same and we have been blessed as the pioneers.

What are you going to do with your Bitcoin wealth once your coins hit upwards of $10,000 a pop?
Bitcoin has turned a lot of young people into millionaires in just months of investing in it. It wouldn’t be a big deal if I invest half of my salary in bitcoin and watch it rise over the years.

Unless it doesnt. Bitcoin used to be cheap. Sooo cheap for what it was. Not sure if its cheap any more. Maybe it is. Just not sure any more.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
cryptounicon

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2017, 07:40:53 PM

Yeah, bitcoin over $4800 now. All those who posted in 2011, I hope they held their BTC. If so they truly are probably in the top 1% now.

Here I am a little late to the party, but I think BTC probably still cheap at sub $5000 if your looking at least a 1 year hold. 1 Bitcoin will probably buy a lambo in less than 5 years Cheesy

████→→       ● Clout - Media Decentralized - Pre-ICO  ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
████→→       ● Join our Slack today!                        ✯     Bitcoin Talk Announcement        ✯
████→→       ● Watch us on Youtube                         ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
Flanagan

Activity: 201

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 11:12:51 AM

To think the guy who started this thread had a btc price of 10-$20 back in 2011...he sure must be an elite gentleman by now !  Roll Eyes

Learn to listen, listen to learn.
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1204

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 10:50:06 PM

To think the guy who started this thread had a btc price of 10-$20 back in 2011...he sure must be an elite gentleman by now !  Roll Eyes

even people buying today will be elite by 2020 ........very limited supply is only goona get tighter - Cheesy
aryaadikariyansyahsuwarto

Activity: 140

this is promissing project ico

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 11:17:38 PM

waaw is amazing, this news is very interesting. I think if we are diligently to go through bitcoin activities and included in it, do not rule out right you think that the future we will be rich, although with little or about 10 btc, so it is very possible. And I think if I've got that much btc, I can not explain it one by one for anything I spend it.

[ MultiBot ] Multi-functional multi-threaded Trading Platform in the Cloud [ MultiBot ]
❰ ◀ ◀ ◀ Token Sale Start 20th Oct ▶ ▶ ▶ ❱
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ [ Telegram ] ❱  [ FaceBook ] ❱ ❰  [ Twitter ] ❰ [ Discussion ] ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Rizky Aditya

Activity: 532

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 07:42:20 AM

Yes of course the first investors in 2009 and the same years will be now quite elite gentlemen. I sometime also feel very upset, why I not bough bitcoin in the early starting years. I would also be a very elite gentleman in 2017, and the years upcoming. So nothing can be said before the time. Late come, faith come is saying in my country. There is no tension at this time. Everyone eats his luck and will be happy with that.

LeChatNoir

Activity: 571

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 03:34:47 PM

If Bitcoin crosses again 4000$ and below then i will make a buy order at 3500$ , even though at the moment it seems not possible but i saw the market floating at 4600$ and now again at 4200$.

▄▄███████▄▄
        ▄███▀▀
▄▄▄▄    ▀▄
     ▄▄█████████████▄▄  ▀▄
  ▄▀▀██▀           ▀▀██▄▄▀▄
▄▀  ██                 ▀██
  ██       ▀▀█▀▀         █
█▀        █ █ █        ▄█▀▄
▀▄         █ █ █       ▄█  █
 ██         █▄▄▄█      ▄█  ▄▀
  ██▄                ▄█▀  ▄▀
  ▀▄▀██▄▄          ▄█▀  ▄▀
   ▀▄ ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀▀
     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.UTRUST.▀████████▄
  ▀███████▄
    ▀██████▄
      ▀██████
       ▀█████
        ▀████▄
         █████
          ▀███
           ███
           ▀██
            ██
             █
             █
●  Download WHITEPAPER  ●
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▼ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
facebook      twitter      slack
▀████████▄
  ▀███████▄
    ▀██████▄
      ▀██████
       ▀█████
        ▀████▄
         █████
          ▀███
           ███
           ▀██
            ██
             █
             █
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 1316

Put BTC here: 1GSwznUNG4co5rS3ctmRgtYGcWiHAnwAyj

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 06:50:33 PM

waaw is amazing, this news is very interesting. I think if we are diligently to go through bitcoin activities and included in it, do not rule out right you think that the future we will be rich, although with little or about 10 btc, so it is very possible. And I think if I've got that much btc, I can not explain it one by one for anything I spend it.

Well, over the years, I have spent several BTC too, and it all adds up to a lot of money that I spent - however, with BTC, my philosophy has always been to replace whatever I spend - so even though I am spending BTC, I am really spending fiat.

I don't recall the expression, but something like don't throw good money after bad, and to me, that just means that there is nothing wrong with dollars, as long as I am spending them first.

If Bitcoin crosses again 4000$ and below then i will make a buy order at 3500$ , even though at the moment it seems not possible but i saw the market floating at 4600$ and now again at 4200$.

If you want to be in bitcoin, it is better to employ incrementalism rather than waiting, waiting and waiting because you cannot be sure that the price is going to drop.

So if you have $6k to invest now and $1.5k over the next 6 months, but you are concerned about whether BTC prices are going to drop further, then you may consider investing 1/3 of your $6k now (which would be $2k), and then dollar cost average on approximately a weekly basis with $2k+ $500, and then wait to buy on dips over the next six months with the remain $3k.. something like that.

Laergan

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 04:42:02 AM

It's nice to be able to think that in the next 10 years, the newcomers to this thread will view us too as elite.  Cool
SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1117

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 06:46:43 AM

It's nice to be able to think that in the next 10 years, the newcomers to this thread will view us too as elite.  Cool

10 years... only if you can hodl that long... how many from 2011 are still hodling? (and that is only 6 years)
gtglener

Activity: 504

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 11:45:28 PM

10 years... only if you can hodl that long... how many from 2011 are still hodling? (and that is only 6 years)
I suppose I am enjoying the work for sure it is so weird waking up day after day to amazing growth.  We are still so new to this it is almost shocking. I keep thinking and waiting for this huge crash back to reality but then we had this supposed crash this week and we are still well above our initial investment.

▄▄███▄▄
     ▄▄███████████▄▄
 ▄▄███████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████
  ▀▀██████████████████▀▀ ▄▄
      ▀▀██████████▀▀ ▄▄████
          ▀▀█▀▀ ▄▄█████████
             ▄█████████████
             ██████████████
             ██████████████
             ██████████████
             ██████████████
             █████████████▀
             █████████▀▀
             █████▀▀
             ▀▀▀
Brickblock.io
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║

▄▄██▄
              ▄▄█▀▀  ██
          ▄▄█▀▀      █▌
      ▄▄█▀▀   ▄▀    ██
 ▄▄▄█▀▀    ▄█▀     ▐█
██      ▄██▀       █▌
 ▀▀██▄███▀        ██
     ██▀▀█▄▄▄     █▌
      █▄  ██▀▀▀█▄██
       █▄█▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▄████████
    █████▀▀▀▀
   ▐████
   ▐████
████████████
████████████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄                  ▄▄▄
█████▄             ▄██████▄
█████████▄        ████████████▄
██████████▌▄     ██████████████
██████████▌▐█  ▄█████████████▀▄█
██████████▌▐██▄▀████████████ ███
██████████▌▐████▀██████████ ████
██████████▌▐█████ ███████▀▄█████
██████████▌ ▀█████▄▀████ ███████
██████████▌   ▀▀████ ██▄████████
▀█████████▌      ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████████
   ▀▀█████▌             ▀▀██████
        ▀█▌                  ▀▀█
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 2408

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 12:30:38 AM

The higher it goes, the tighter I hodl.

Buy & Hold
bitbollo
Legendary

Activity: 1022

Enjin Coin - Smart Cryptocurrency for Gaming.

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 05:35:24 AM

Anyone remember this prevision made by an anonymous btc adopter? I was really fascinated by this topic.
In 2011, 10,000 $ was a crazy price, literally 50-100 x from this level. But after just 6 years we have touched half of this prevision.
What do you think: we are going "all" to be the new wealthy elite?
I guess yes because I will not get surprised if in another 6 years the price could get another big hype.

btcdee

Activity: 271

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 03:18:39 PM

Looks like your wishes came true today thanks to China dumping. TA shows we might drop even further but I am perfectly happy with my buy at $3500. Just a blip on the road anyway.

█████████████████████████████▒
               ▒███████████████████████████████▓░
             ▒████▓                         ░▓███▒░░
         ░▒▓████▓░                            ░▓███▓▓▒▒░░
▓▓▓▓▓████████▓▒               ░░░▒▒▒▒▒░         ░▒█████████▓▓▓▓▓
████████▓▒▒░              ░▒▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▒         ░░▒▒████████
▓██▓                   ░▒▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓███▒░             ███▓
▒███                 ░▓█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓█████▒░         ▓▓█░
░█▓█░               ▓█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓█████▓██░     ▓███░
 ▓██▓             ▒██▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒░  ░▓█▓      ███▓
 ▒█▓█░           ▓█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░░░░░▒▒░ ░▒░░▓███▓      ▒███▒
  █▓█▓          ▓█▓▒▓▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▓▒▒░░▒▒▓█████░      ███▓
  ▒█▓█░        ░██▓▓▒░░░░░░░░░▒▓▒░ ░░░ ░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓█▒█░     ▓███▒
   ▓▓▓▓        ███▒░░░░░▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓ █░    ▒███▒
   ░▓▓▓▓   ░▒▒ █▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▒░▒░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▓ ▒█    ░████▒
    ░▓▒▓▒ ░▓████▓▓▓▒▒▒▓▒░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒  ██   ░████▒
     ▒▓▓██  ▓████▓▒▒░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒▒░ ░██▒  ░████▒
      ▓████  ░██████▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░  ░███▓  ░████░
       ▒████   ▓█▓░█████▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▓████░  ▒████▒
        ░████▒  ▒░   ▒██████▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓██████▓░   ▓████▒
          ████▓         ░▒▓██████████████▓░░    ░████▓
           ▒████▒                              ▓████░
             ▓████░                          ▒████▒
              ░████▓░                      ▒████▓
                ░████▓░                  ▒████▓░
                  ░████▓░              ▒████▓░
                     ░▓████▒          ▓████▒░
                       ░▒████▓░    ▒████▓▒
                          ░▓████▓▓████▓░
                             ▒█████▓░
                               ░▒▒░
✬✬✬✬✬

Pages: « 1 ... 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 [190] 191 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.