Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:38:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 [135] 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 ... 232 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I am pretty confident we are the new wealthy elite, gentlemen.  (Read 631757 times)
Guido
Legendary

Activity: 1061
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 01:18:40 PM

Can you feel it? can you smell it? something big is getting closer ...

I absolutely can my friend
anyone who has finger on pulse and is reading the RELENTLESS funding news of bitcoin startups and companies, hitting billions in total
all the positive news. wallstreet, nasdaq etc

I am amazed the price can hold this low whilst the big boys are steadily accumulating the big merchants and miners dumping at these prices.

I am Bonkers BTW
Crypto OG
        +
Digital Artist

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Oscilson

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 01:38:54 PM

anyone who has finger on pulse and is reading the RELENTLESS funding news of bitcoin startups and companies, hitting billions in total

I am amazed the price can hold this low whilst the big boys are steadily accumulating the big merchants and miners dumping at these prices.

These funding are for bitcoin technology. It is related to bitcoin, but might not cause bitcoin price to rise.
jerk

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 02:27:44 PM

That is actually interesting. 4 years on, the price is $200 with a high of around $1k

yup. great gains compared to the start of the thread. even still, not everyone who was around in the early days got rich. some of us didn't have anything to invest back then. the most i had at one time was about 20 coins, and that was before we broke 100. spent most of it back then too.

Yeah, definitely. If you look at some of the addresses of the people who were first posting in this thread, most spend their coins back in 2012. It isn't easy to hold on to your principle and keep holding on to your coins, as it may sound. Scams and Ponzi schemes are pretty tempting at times!

moving coins != spending Smiley
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 03:05:45 PM

These funding are for bitcoin technology. It is related to bitcoin, but might not cause bitcoin price to rise.

Finally someone sees it for what it is. I'm sure they'll use colored coins to experiment with the technology but I can't see Wall Street/NASDAQ trusting their security to a bunch of unidentified Chinese mining farms. It's well known that current Bitcoiners hate Wall Street. Do we actually believe they intend to trust Bitcoiners to secure their network? Yeah, whatever. They might use blockchain technology when the experiments are done but it will be their blockchain distributed to all their affiliates worldwide.

Bagatell

Activity: 722
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 03:12:19 PM

Do we actually believe they intend to trust Bitcoiners to secure their network? Yeah, whatever.

Is that a royal we?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1057177.msg11342352#msg11342352
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 03:22:27 PM

Do we actually believe they intend to trust Bitcoiners to secure their network? Yeah, whatever.

Is that a royal we?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1057177.msg11342352#msg11342352

Yep, I've already read that. That's why I mentioned colored coins because the experiments will be done with the experimental system already in place. Is that the final design that will be used? Can you tell me that one?

Bagatell

Activity: 722

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 03:31:30 PM

I doubt very much it's the final design, but I have no way of knowing that.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 03:37:21 PM

I'd love it if it helped Bitcoin. I'm holding quite a few. I just look at it as if these companies are students in college. When you graduate you don't build your company on the schools network. You build your own network and use the knowledge you learned at school. That's what I think they're doing but we'll see. If I'm wrong I'm rich. So I hope I'm wrong.

americanpegasus

Activity: 770

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 07:00:08 PM

I'd love it if it helped Bitcoin. I'm holding quite a few. I just look at it as if these companies are students in college. When you graduate you don't build your company on the schools network. You build your own network and use the knowledge you learned at school. That's what I think they're doing but we'll see. If I'm wrong I'm rich. So I hope I'm wrong.

Here's what everyone always overlooks when they muse about stuff like this: the system only works if people believe the digital tokens have value. 

belief   

If NASDAQ or JP Morgan go make their own blockchain, it will have some initial seed value because it will be backed by a major company.  But it won't have the monstrous billions of market cap that bitcoin has, and without that inherent value, the system breaks down. 

It would be like me declaring that my special alloy is now as valuable as gold...  Everyone would look at me and say, ummm, good for you, but no its not. 

For all these applications to work, they have to be built upon a network where the tokens are valuable, and any proprietary efforts will fizzle because you just won't be able to convince enough people to use your network to create the value you need to make it useful. 

Bitcoin wins.  Yes, don't just pack for the moon.  Throw in a Mars sweater and a pair of Alpha Centauri slippers too.  Shit gonna get cray cray.

Account is back under control of the real AmericanPegasus.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 07:13:26 PM

Here's what everyone always overlooks when they muse about stuff like this: the system only works if people believe the digital tokens have value. 

belief   

If NASDAQ or JP Morgan go make their own blockchain, it will have some initial seed value because it will be backed by a major company.  But it won't have the monstrous billions of market cap that bitcoin has, and without that inherent value, the system breaks down. 

It would be like me declaring that my special alloy is now as valuable as gold...  Everyone would look at me and say, ummm, good for you, but no its not. 

For all these applications to work, they have to be built upon a network where the tokens are valuable, and any proprietary efforts will fizzle because you just won't be able to convince enough people to use your network to create the value you need to make it useful. 

Bitcoin wins.  Yes, don't just pack for the moon.  Throw in a Mars sweater and a pair of Alpha Centauri slippers too.  Shit gonna get cray cray.

Oh yeah, no one would ever think something created by the second largest exchange in the world the Nasdaq exchange that includes the world’s foremost technology and biotech giants such as Apple, Google, Microsoft, Oracle, Amazon, Intel and Amgen is worth jack shit but they would think the former drug money of choice for criminals is a worthy investment. You're too funny dude!

Dknsw

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 07:50:17 PM

belief   

Stupid bulltard can't stop self fantasy.
rjclarke2000
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1016

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 08:13:52 PM

belief   

wait wait I am not quite ready!!!!!............
Guido
Legendary

Activity: 1061
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 08:24:39 PM

Bitcoin wins.  Yes, don't just pack for the moon.  Throw in a Mars sweater and a pair of Alpha Centauri slippers too.  Shit gonna get cray crayGrin Grin

I am Bonkers BTW
Crypto OG
        +
Digital Artist
americanpegasus

Activity: 770

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 10:36:32 PM

belief  

If NASDAQ or JP Morgan go make their own blockchain, it will have some initial seed value because it will be backed by a major company.  But it won't have the monstrous billions of market cap that bitcoin has, and without that inherent value, the system breaks down.  

It would be like me declaring that my special alloy is now as valuable as gold...  Everyone would look at me and say, ummm, good for you, but no its not.  

Bitcoin wins.  Yes, don't just pack for the moon.  Throw in a Mars sweater and a pair of Alpha Centauri slippers too.  Shit gonna get cray cray.

Stupid bulltard can't stop self fantasy.

My enthusiasm is orders of magnitudes more powerful than your trolling could ever be.  

And unlike your shitty sockpuppet trolling, my enthusiasm is contagious.  

Game over, trolls.   We're going to outer space and you're not invited.  

Bitcoin will hit $500, then a thousand again, then $3,000 and the whole time you'll be insisting it's a speculative tulip bubble, but that doesn't mean it won't happen.  

Then $5,000, and then $10,000.  We're just getting warmed up.  

$20,000 and $60,000.... It all happens.  

Spoiler alert: you lose, and worse: you realize too late that your cross-dressing eroge games won't hold you at night in your single bedroom hovel.  Meanwhile the rest of us are partying on the surface of the fucking sun.

Account is back under control of the real AmericanPegasus.
futureofbitcoin

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 10:47:04 PM

Spoiler alert: you lose, and worse: you realize too late that your cross-dressing eroge games won't hold you at night in your single bedroom hovel.  Meanwhile the rest of us are partying on the surface of the fucking sun.

Dunno about the rest of you, but I'd certainly rather hovel in a single bedroom on Earth rather than party on the surface of the sun.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 11:01:26 PM

Dunno about the rest of you, but I'd certainly rather hovel in a single bedroom on Earth rather than party on the surface of the sun.

Were gonna need really good air conditioners if we follow this guy.

slaveforanunnak1

Activity: 743
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 11:13:39 PM

we need to turn the sun to a giant asic
cozk

Activity: 812

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 11:56:44 PM

we need to turn the sun to a giant asic

Sir... i am a giant ASIC myself.
BitcoinPappi
Legendary

Activity: 915
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 12:26:41 AM

LOL. What ?

The things bitcoiners say oh man,always a good laugh reading these posts.   Love the enthusiasm
MRKLYE
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003

Designer - Developer

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2015, 12:29:44 AM

Psssst. All you new wealthy elite bitcoiners...

if you have Bitcoin and would like to use it to make more bitcoin (for FREE!) look into Credits.
Basically all BTC users can claim credits through the wallet. and from there you can sell them for more BTC..

If you click on my banner below you can find more information about Credits.
Build up your crpyto piles gentlemen!

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄████▀▀`````````▀▀████▄
███▀```````````````````▀███
███`````````````````````````███
██```````````██``██````````````██
██````````▄▄▄▄██▄▄██▄▄▄▄`````````██
██`````````▀██████████████▄````````██
██`````````````███`````▀████`````````██
▐█▌`````````````███`````▄███▀`````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███████████▄``````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███```````████````````▐█▌
██`````````````███`````▄▄████````````██
██`````````▄██████████████▀````````██
██````````▀▀▀▀██▀▀██▀▀▀▀`````````██
██```````````██``██````````````██
███`````````````````````````███
███▄```````````````````▄███
▀████▄▄`````````▄▄████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
FREE
BITCOINS.com

`````````▄
````````▄█▄
``````▄█████▄
`````█████████
```▄███████████▄
``███████████████
`█████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
██▌▀███████████████
`██``▀████████████
``██▄```▀████████
```▀███▄▄`█████▀
``````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

FAUCET
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

``````````````````▄▄▄▄▄▄
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````██████``██████
``````````██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████

██████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

XCHANGE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````````▄
`````````▄██
```````▄████
`````▄██████████▄
`````▀███████████▄
```````▀████``▀████
█``````▄`▀██````▀██
██▄````██▄`▀``````█
████▄``████▄
`▀███████████▄
``▀██████████▀
```````████▀
```````██▀
```````▀

SWAP
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Pages: « 1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 [135] 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 ... 232 »
  Print  

Jump to: