Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:49:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 [146] 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 ... 232 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I am pretty confident we are the new wealthy elite, gentlemen.  (Read 631766 times)
Hopalong

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 10:59:20 PM

because you cant do nothing with bitcoin that you cant already do with fiat currency. this is the real and hard true.

You can make a phone call by going to a website and paying in bitcoins without signing up. Same as skype but you have to pay?

You can send money worldwide for less than pennies.I send money for free

You can use your cell phone to pay for things instead of carrying around a phone AND a wallet.I can pay with my phone and i can reach my bank account

You don't have to worry about identity theft with your cards.Why worry. My money has incurance

You can vote anonymously and securely.Is there another way?

For every ten new people that hear the news about bitcoin, nine of them will be a scared, unintelligent, naysayer like this. But the tenth will buy a small amount, maybe just a dollars worth, start to try it out, get the idea, buy for a few hundred to use on purchases, he will experience the value rising, keep a few hundred dollars worth in his wallet for futuren purchases, get the idea, then go all in.

I have bitcoins, and i heard about bitcoins in 2013. Just because i have does not mean i have to look at the bs some of the posters is writing.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 11:03:50 PM

because you cant do nothing with bitcoin that you cant already do with fiat currency. this is the real and hard true.

You can make a phone call by going to a website and paying in bitcoins without signing up. Same as skype but you have to pay?

You can use your cell phone to pay for things instead of carrying around a phone AND a wallet.I can pay with my phone and i can reach my bank account

You don't have to worry about identity theft with your cards.Why worry. My money has incurance

For every ten new people that hear the news about bitcoin, nine of them will be a scared, unintelligent, naysayer like this. But the tenth will buy a small amount, maybe just a dollars worth, start to try it out, get the idea, buy for a few hundred to use on purchases, he will experience the value rising, keep a few hundred dollars worth in his wallet for futuren purchases, get the idea, then go all in.

I have bitcoins, and i heard about bitcoins in 2013. Just because i have does not mean i have to look at the bs some of the posters is writing.

You don't have to do that.

Your posts tell me that you are totally uninformed, you have a dropdown curtain over your eyes. I can hardly imagine someone being out of vision to that degree after two years. Trolling?
Hopalong

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 11:11:46 PM

Your posts tell me that you are totally uninformed, you have a dropdown curtain over your eyes. I can hardly imagine someone being out of vision to that degree after two years. Trolling?

Then point out where i am wrong.
Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 11:33:11 PM

Read this:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=12156.msg11968918#msg11968918

jeffthebaker
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 11:43:16 PM

You can't send money worldwide, for pennies, with fiat. Furthermore, if you do agree to the fees to send money worldwide (or anywhere, really), you can't send money with fiat without having a ton of personal information (full name, address, CC number, etc. etc.). I will agree that some of the potential uses were pretty lame, but there are a lot of legitimate benefits Bitcoin holds over fiat. If you have been with Bitcoin since 2013, and you don't see this, why the hell are you even here?
Hopalong

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 06:43:54 AM

You can't send money worldwide, for pennies, with fiat. Furthermore, if you do agree to the fees to send money worldwide (or anywhere, really), you can't send money with fiat without having a ton of personal information (full name, address, CC number, etc. etc.). I will agree that some of the potential uses were pretty lame, but there are a lot of legitimate benefits Bitcoin holds over fiat. If you have been with Bitcoin since 2013, and you don't see this, why the hell are you even here?

I am sending money for free and not for pennies.

Why i am here? It is illegal for me to send and recive money from poker sites. It is a bit troublesome to come around that without using services that demand fees. With bitcoin i can recive money and as a bonus avoid tax.

Have not found any legal uses for bitcoin that makes sense yet.
Hopalong

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 06:45:04 AM

Read this:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=12156.msg11968918#msg11968918

A link? You dont have anything to say about where i am wrong?
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 07:47:49 AM

You have already named one use case where Bitcoin is uniquely valuable to you. Use your brain...

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
Hopalong

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 07:52:03 AM

You have already named one use case where Bitcoin is uniquely valuable to you. Use your brain...

I never said bitcoin is not valuable or useful. It is a great tech.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 05:47:15 AM

Bitcoin may (barring another coin taking over, legal troubles,  fatal technical problems, or a fatal 51% attack ) possibly appreciate 'forever' given its fixed supply and growing demand.  Strong hands that realize this will profit greatly if true.

Oscilson

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 05:27:52 AM

Bitcoin may (barring another coin taking over, legal troubles,  fatal technical problems, or a fatal 51% attack ) possibly appreciate 'forever' given its fixed supply and growing demand.  Strong hands that realize this will profit greatly if true.

If bitcoin is  more useful in the future, it will appreciate.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10130

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 05:23:02 AM
Last edit: September 03, 2015, 05:49:51 AM by JayJuanGee

Very amusing.

What you fail to notice is the fact that BTC is in a slow descent, with no bottom in sight.

Let's talk through the scenario, BTC keeps dropping (down 49% since July 3rd) that's more than 10% a month.

In response to that what is happening?

People spending their BTC? NO!

People selling their BTC? YES!

People continuing to hoard BTC waiting for it to come back? YES!

People mining any great quantity of BTC on their own? NO!

People cloud mining making tiny BTC profits? YES!

These things above never change and if they don't then BTC will be $150 in 4 months, then it becomes cost prohibitive for anyone but the huge farms like KNC to mine.

By June BTC will be down in the double digits ($85ish) and no one will be interested in it any longer.

You heard it here.

Seems like you've lost your drive & hunger for Bitcoin....what you don't understand is Bitcoin isn't just about how much it's worth. It's a concept which at the moment is suceeding maybe not on a huge level but if someone told you about this new concept 6 years ago and said within this amount of time it would reach highs of $1000 you would of laughed.
All it takes at the moment is a whale to delve into Bitcoin and spend a huge amount which will raise the value and bring more attention from media which means more people will be interested in Bitcoin....or we have a major hack again or something similar of nature which would again bring media attention which would be seen by millions & again even though it's bad news many more people will of heard of Bitcoin and will search up on it.
You might be right it dropping down to double digits...but your not right on people not buying...a huge lot of people are buying Bitcoin. What I think is happening is a lot of people are using the payment processor bitpay which sells their Bitcoin for fiat as soon as they recieve it which decreases the value of Bitcoin. If people stop using bitpay & similar companies then we should see a rise again. Everyone thought bitpay was a great company but in actual facts it's damagining the Bitcoin value & community in general. There are a number of other major factors like more sell orders than buy order but thats obvious & talked about far more often than the point I brought up.

Pissedoff:   I agree with some of your assessment, but NOT all of it.

Personally, I believe what is causing the price to go down is manipulation, and there are some that want to continue to push the prices of BTC down so that they can continue to accumulate and at some point (maybe 1 month from NOW or maybe 6 months or possibly longer), there will be attempts to manipulate in the opposite (upwards direction)... One large whale would be within his/her power to manipulate the price upwards into the $3k to $5k territory, b/c was the price starts to go upward, there will be other whales ready and willing to jump on board.

Really, bitpay and similar are good for bitcoin because they cause liquidation opportunities - which people need to have in order to have additional confidence in BTC when prices go to the next upward level.   Surely, if people are NOW using bitpay and similar to liquidate and they are NOT replacing their coins, then surely, you are correct that those services are merely being used to sell coins... but really, I doubt that those services of bitpay and similar are what really is causing downward price pressures... you can watch the market and see that the downward pressure comes from the purposeful and strategic attempts to dump large quantities of coins on exchanges, and while that conduct remains profitable, that exchange dumping conduct is going to continue.

Additionally, some of these dumpers are accumulating coins on the sly.. so that they will have plenty of coins when the time comes for the upward momentum.

You don't have to agree with any of it, you just have to keep watching and realize I was right then, and I am right now.

BTC=$80 by June

Its down $100 since the last time I told you, in 2 months it will be down another $100

Looks like a little while since I had responded to you (and I'm just catching up on reading the latest posts in this thread), and I wanted to reiterate my current considerations.

I believe that btc prices  floating largely between $220 and $290 for more than 8 months now has shown us, for the most part, the bottom of btc prices.

I continue to NOT know for sure the short term direction of btc prices.

Of course it's possible that Bitcoin will experience more than a few more days below $220; however, it seems more likely that the $220 to $290 range will remain the bottom, and the future (may take another several months) will find btc prices breaking up and out of the $220 to $290 range and into more prosperous territories.

That's where I'm currently placing my bets on the upward direction of btc prices (at least in what I believe to be, for my own financial position to be a hedged and cautionary way ).

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Hugroll

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 04:55:17 PM

Not sure if I said it in this thread yet, but 0.003 is about the fair share of BTC per person on the planet, so 0.3 puts you in the 1%

What you are saying is that top 1% on the planet Earth cannot have more than 0.3 BTC on average, but it does not say what % of their net work will be in bitcoin.
To be in the top 1% in the world, you need ~$780,000 in wealth
If only 5% of their wealth would be in BTC (similar % to gold), it would mean $39000 in BTC per each 1% person.
With 39K=0.3 BTC, it would mean price of BTC of $130000
In other words, for BTC value to be enough to represent just 5% in 1% wealthiest Earth inhabitants portfolio, the value of BTC HAS to reach $130000.
but every person in the top 1% doesnt buy btc, let alone throw 5% of their money in btc.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 07:34:20 PM

I have never seen a boom and bust that wasn't perpetuated by government involvement. Bitcoin is immune from such things.

Oh Atlas, you really were a stupid little troll. Too bad your suicide was as big a failure as your life.

icematikx

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 07:38:43 PM

I have never seen a boom and bust that wasn't perpetuated by government involvement. Bitcoin is immune from such things.

http://lolpics.se/pics/482.jpg

Oh Atlas, you really were a stupid little troll. Too bad your suicide was as big a failure as your life.

Tomorrow, the UK & USA decide to make investing in Bitcoin illegal, punished by life imprisonment.

Suddenly, Bitcoin crashes and becomes obsolete. Government wins.

Just because you think it would be unethical to do so, doesn't mean that the Government CAN'T and WON'T do something so dramatic.. I'll expect to see very strict regulation when companies start dealing in BTC more frequently and the governments catch wind that companies aren't paying tax. I expect that companies will be required to publicly disclose all bitcoin addresses they own to the government - and so the government will get involved.
maxcarjuzaa

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 08:43:27 PM

Tomorrow, the UK & USA decide to make investing in Bitcoin illegal, punished by life imprisonment.

Just because you think it would be unethical to do so, doesn't mean that the Government CAN'T and WON'T do something so dramatic.. I'll expect to see very strict regulation when companies start dealing in BTC more frequently and the governments catch wind that companies aren't paying tax. I expect that companies will be required to publicly disclose all bitcoin addresses they own to the government - and so the government will get involved.

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 08:46:44 PM

There's never been a boom and bust that wasn't perpetuated by government involvement, except every one that's happened to Bitcoin. Yes Atlas, Bitcoin is so immune that it's no longer worth $1,200. lol

RGBKey

Activity: 854
Merit: 658

rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2015, 08:49:16 PM

How is this thread still going from 2011...are you all really that salty that you can't stop talking about the price instead of talking about all the uses it still has?
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 09:23:14 PM

How is this thread still going from 2011...are you all really that salty that you can't stop talking about the price instead of talking about all the uses it still has?

for a lot people the price is the most important aspect of bitcoin. their first priority is the potential profit that they can make. actual bitcoin usage comes second.
poeEDgar

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 09:24:05 PM

Greed is good? Tongue

Quote from: Gavin Andresen
I woulda thunk you were old enough to be confident that technology DOES improve. In fits and starts, but over the long term it definitely gets better.
Pages: « 1 ... 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 [146] 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 ... 232 »
  Print  

Jump to: