Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:21:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 [156] 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 ... 232 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I am pretty confident we are the new wealthy elite, gentlemen.  (Read 631773 times)
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1007

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 04:11:21 AM

I just hope Bitcoin rises enough in my lifetime to really make a difference.     
I know I will likely make a decent profit of it, but will it really allow me to retire early or really supplement my income enough so that I can do what I want instead of slaving myself away for a wage? I hope so.

We all hope for that, but it will take longer than expected.

About a 10,000$ price would be good for starters, but it can take 10 years, which is still good,  some of us here are 50 year olds, and they would like to see financial freedom by 60 to have a good retirement, not crappy pensions.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kepler510

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Power The world for FREE!

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 04:20:56 AM

I think it's all a dream indeed, all users of the BTC wordwide.

If indeed it happens maybe BTC will beat all the currencies in the world and all the people turn to wear the BTC.

and if it materializes. I will help people who are trouble and will help underprivileged children to attend school so that they can achieve goals that are lost due to economy

DonMakaveli

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 04:22:10 AM

if wages for manual labor are falling in real terms (after adjusting for inflation), it's because the value of manual labor is decreasing, not because we have consistent inflation at around 2% per year. Sure, that's bad for people doing manual labor, but it's not due to inflation
MyBTT

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 04:23:16 AM

My dream personally is to see the mass adoption of BTC. So far the OP has been right.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
RealBitcoin

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 04:28:11 AM

if wages for manual labor are falling in real terms (after adjusting for inflation), it's because the value of manual labor is decreasing, not because we have consistent inflation at around 2% per year. Sure, that's bad for people doing manual labor, but it's not due to inflation

Yep, real wages are decreasing because of automation.

However it is also decreasing because it's stolen from us by inflation of the fiat system. So it's double decreasing.

People should learn about Bitcoin fast or they will starve on the streets in a few years.

AllysaNathalie

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 05:06:41 AM

Wish I had been there, it took me a while to discover Bitcoins unfortunately. But I wholeheartedly support the idea.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 05:50:45 AM

Wish I had been there, it took me a while to discover Bitcoins unfortunately. But I wholeheartedly support the idea.

I was there and after the crash to $2 (down over 90%), then $7 looked great so selling out came way too easy.
Too bad, & life goes on...
Bitcoin is a great adventure for those both rich and poor.   

DimensionZ

Activity: 350

Shit, did I leave the stove on?

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 05:58:30 AM

I am kinda late to the party so to speak but it's better late than never right. Hope to have something to hold onto in 2016.

larem

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 06:53:42 AM

There is a great possibility it reaches 17000 per BTC, however no one knows.... I personally would be happy to see BTC stay low around the 300 - 400 USD mark so i could aim to buy around 10 for next year.

But that is very unlikely to happen. What you're wishing is that Bitcoin should stay stagnant for the next 10 years regarding the price.
Bitcoin will be either value way higher as now or it will be zero.
Just buy everytime you have some money left.

I think BTC has a lot of growth (keep in mind inflation is ridiculous and WILL absolutely impact BTC), but it will take a long time. We are hitting strong downward pressure after every $10. If we even get to 600, it's going to be a huge wall. Then 650, 700, 750... -> ATH. And after the ATH it's going to be one wall after another.

oser41eric

Activity: 501
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 08:09:30 AM

There is a great possibility it reaches 17000 per BTC, however no one knows.... I personally would be happy to see BTC stay low around the 300 - 400 USD mark so i could aim to buy around 10 for next year.

But that is very unlikely to happen. What you're wishing is that Bitcoin should stay stagnant for the next 10 years regarding the price.

I think BTC has a lot of growth (keep in mind inflation is ridiculous and WILL absolutely impact BTC), but it will take a long time. We are hitting strong downward pressure after every $10. If we even get to 600, it's going to be a huge wall. Then 650, 700, 750... -> ATH. And after the ATH it's going to be one wall after another.

ATH  coming Jan 2016. And it wont be hard to get there.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 08:40:41 AM

ATH  coming Jan 2016. And it wont be hard to get there.

Don't entirely disagree..but imho it will be all due to China folk again...thus a bubble...if we are lucky 1000 then back to 450 500 after it dumps out (assuming that china leaves the party again ie bubble)..I just don't see enough adoption or killer apps out there in the rest of the world for it to be otherwise...china folk for whatever reason are way ahead on this..thus fad status kinda sorta on how to get $$$ out of china asap while the party lasts....well does not seem to me to be long term at 1000 and above kinda growth

I hope I'm wrong and I'll take it...but just saying could be a rinse/wash/repeat of 2013 etc with no other worldwide adoption to hold it at that 1000 buck price Sad

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 01:46:24 PM

ATH  coming Jan 2016. And it wont be hard to get there.

Don't entirely disagree..but imho it will be all due to China folk again...thus a bubble...if we are lucky 1000 then back to 450 500 after it dumps out (assuming that china leaves the party again ie bubble)..I just don't see enough adoption or killer apps out there in the rest of the world for it to be otherwise...china folk for whatever reason are way ahead on this..thus fad status kinda sorta on how to get $$$ out of china asap while the party lasts....well does not seem to me to be long term at 1000 and above kinda growth

I hope I'm wrong and I'll take it...but just saying could be a rinse/wash/repeat of 2013 etc with no other worldwide adoption to hold it at that 1000 buck price Sad

I think that's the most rational thing anyone has said it in this thread yet. Any increase in price at this point will be short lived and the roller coaster isn't at the end of the tracks yet. Bitcoin is so tiny still that just about anyone with a substantial amount of money can move the market. The Chinese are having good fun playing with Bitcoin right now. What's going to happen when they decide to move on to something new? We have lots of bubbles left to go.

The market cap of Bitcoin is a whopping $6.5 billion. That's a tiny amount of money compared to even individual businesses, which makes discussing it as a national currency a serious fantasy. For comparison here's the amount of money that a few large companies hide off shore and these companies are worth way more than this:

Apple $111.3 billion
General Electric $110 billion
Microsoft $92.9 billion
Pfizer $69 billion
Merck $57.1 billion
IBM  $52.3 billion
Johnson & Johnson $50.9 billion

Any of the above could buy every cryptocurrency in existence multiple times with just the money they're hiding from the US tax authority.

RealBitcoin

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 03:43:30 PM

I think that's the most rational thing anyone has said it in this thread yet. Any increase in price at this point will be short lived and the roller coaster isn't at the end of the tracks yet. Bitcoin is so tiny still that just about anyone with a substantial amount of money can move the market. The Chinese are having good fun playing with Bitcoin right now. What's going to happen when they decide to move on to something new? We have lots of bubbles left to go.

They wont go anywhere given the capital controls there, bitcoin is a hedge against fiat, and so far fiat is getting worse and worse every day.

Capital controls, impending hyperinflation, and huge regulations. Nope bitcoin is still nr 1.

The market cap of Bitcoin is a whopping $6.5 billion. That's a tiny amount of money compared to even individual businesses, which makes discussing it as a national currency a serious fantasy. For comparison here's the amount of money that a few large companies hide off shore and these companies are worth way more than this:

And the ECB is printing trillions of euros, not to mention the impending negative interest rates that will hyper-expand the currency supply.

That 6.5 billion $ is secured, and wont lose it's value. The rest of them are getting eroded by the minute.

Other dollar bills will flee to bitcoin to avoid erosion Wink

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 07:37:50 PM

They wont go anywhere given the capital controls there, bitcoin is a hedge against fiat, and so far fiat is getting worse and worse every day.

Capital controls, impending hyperinflation, and huge regulations. Nope bitcoin is still nr 1.

And the ECB is printing trillions of euros, not to mention the impending negative interest rates that will hyper-expand the currency supply.

That 6.5 billion $ is secured, and wont lose it's value. The rest of them are getting eroded by the minute.

Other dollar bills will flee to bitcoin to avoid erosion Wink

You do realize btc is denominated in fiat and the number of businesses where you can spend them directly or trade them for fiat worldwide is infinitesimally small, right? Are you high? Bitcoin is secured by nothing. Historically, the favorite assets for hedging against inflation have been gold, property and recently Inflation-indexed securities. These assets increase in value in very close correlation to the value of money. Bitcoin does not. Bitcoin increases in value when some fat latte drinking French bastard cheats his exchange with custom written bots. In fact, I've never seen any proof that shows all the exchanges aren't doing the same thing. The ground underneath Bitcoin is like walking on jello. I love Bitcoin but ones survival requires living in the land of reality.

RealBitcoin

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 07:45:52 PM

You do realize btc is denominated in fiat and the number of businesses where you can spend them directly or trade them for fiat worldwide is infinitesimally small, right?

It will grow.

Are you high?

No.

Bitcoin is secured by nothing.

It's secured by demand, just like anything else.

Historically, the favorite assets for hedging against inflation have been gold, property and recently Inflation-indexed securities. These assets increase in value in very close correlation to the value of money.

Gold is heavily manipulated. Estate will probably crash with the bond trash, since it has been pumped up massively. I would not invest alot in those, unless you are in an undeveloped country.

Bitcoin does not. Bitcoin increases in value when some fat latte drinking French bastard cheats his exchange with custom written bots. In fact, I've never seen any proof that shows all the exchanges aren't doing the same thing. The ground underneath Bitcoin is like walking on jello. I love Bitcoin but ones survival requires living in the land of reality.

That was 2013, you missed out 2 years. In the last 2 years bitcoin grow alot and became more serious than just a few scammers make you believe.

Most current exchanges are somewhat regulated, but for what it's worth, they are more decentralized, so they cant cause that much hard again as gox did.

The ground under bitcoin is just now developing, give more 3-4 years and you will see serious breakthroughts.

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 08:05:18 PM

2013? Yeah, ok. Whatever makes you sleep at night.

http://www.bitcoinfuturesguide.com/bitcoin-blog/is-there-fake-trading-volume-on-bitstamp

http://www.coindesk.com/huobi-ceo-addresses-fake-trading-volume-rumours/

http://www.coindesk.com/chinese-bitcoin-exchange-okcoin-accused-faking-trading-data/

RealBitcoin

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 08:10:26 PM

Well there are already works on that bip 65 or whatever, that will integrate a new feature that will allow decentralized exchanges.

Your username is questioning authority, but then you are submitting yourself to corrupt exchanges. The free market is better than that. The ultimate decentralization, is automation via blockchain.

So to completely avoid human risk and wrongdoing, a decentralized exchange is needed, which will be out by next year. I`m looking forward to it.

larem

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 04:28:53 AM

Well there are already works on that bip 65 or whatever, that will integrate a new feature that will allow decentralized exchanges.

Your username is questioning authority, but then you are submitting yourself to corrupt exchanges. The free market is better than that. The ultimate decentralization, is automation via blockchain.

So to completely avoid human risk and wrongdoing, a decentralized exchange is needed, which will be out by next year. I`m looking forward to it.

I question how viable decentralized ones are, though, due to the slower trading and such. It's going to be interesting to see...

RealBitcoin

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 08:58:49 AM

I question how viable decentralized ones are, though, due to the slower trading and such. It's going to be interesting to see...

Well they can easily find a solution. NXT has already built an exchange on itself, both currency and asset. It should be no harder than that.

1 problem though is that bitcoin takes 10 min to mine, I think a 5 min target would be better, because Even DOGE with 1 min time is not having any problems, so BTC should be at least 5 min, but otherwise it will take longer to confirm.

So a BTC -> NXT transaction might take 11 minutes, which is slow.

larem

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 05:47:03 AM

Well they can easily find a solution. NXT has already built an exchange on itself, both currency and asset. It should be no harder than that.

1 problem though is that bitcoin takes 10 min to mine, I think a 5 min target would be better, because Even DOGE with 1 min time is not having any problems, so BTC should be at least 5 min, but otherwise it will take longer to confirm.

So a BTC -> NXT transaction might take 11 minutes, which is slow.

While I think NXT is good for some things, it is ridiculously slow due to how it works. Plus you're paying to list your coins for sale (or assets), which makes you be much more cautious since you can't keep re-listing to keep up with the market without losing a lot of money/time.

Pages: « 1 ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 [156] 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 ... 232 »
  Print  

Jump to: