Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:36:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 [163] 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 ... 232 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I am pretty confident we are the new wealthy elite, gentlemen.  (Read 631773 times)
hermanhs09

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 08:09:55 AM

lol Lendary Thread

Definitely. The fact that it's posted by an anonymous person as well just makes this thread so special.

I definitely agree with you even now. Although some people may say that bitcoin has no future and the price is already at its highest, and it may never go higher again, I believe in otherwise. I believe in bitcoin, and I believe that whoever believes in it will get rewarded A LOT.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
eurogts

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 10:46:14 AM

I was very lucky to purchase some bitcoins today. I think you are spot on. If less than 50 million will be made, the value per bit coin will be ridiculous in the coming months...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sLeqsMOi00
Mayuyu48

Activity: 644

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 11:09:23 AM

I shall keep a significant sum of my earnings into bitcoins, I have a lot of faith in it's future, let's see how it goes
and hope for the best.
I hope you're right though.

pandalion98

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2016, 12:39:06 PM

Remember, gentlemen,

This thread was created in the early days of BTC.

Right now, I'm confident that OP is now part of the wealthy elite.
Crazygreek

Activity: 378
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 12:48:45 PM

Omg, first post was in 2011, very happy to see a thread like this, what to take part of your gentlemens club, gentlemens Smiley
Long live bitcoin!

pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 12:58:53 PM

OP deleted his account it seems, probably because he is so rich now that he doesn't want to post on forums anymore and is enjoying his new found wealth.

Hopefully we can be like OP in a couple of years. HODL.

OP is Atlas. A notorious troll who got banned in the end for faking (?) a suicide attempt.
That sounds like quite the interesting story. What happened, exactly? Why would he suicide if he made a thread basically saying that he was rich? (I assume Atlas was an early investor/miner)

By now, he should be really, really rich..
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 04:18:34 PM

OP deleted his account it seems, probably because he is so rich now that he doesn't want to post on forums anymore and is enjoying his new found wealth.

OP is Atlas. A notorious troll who got banned in the end for faking (?) a suicide attempt.
That sounds like quite the interesting story. What happened, exactly? Why would he suicide if he made a thread basically saying that he was rich? (I assume Atlas was an early investor/miner)

By now, he should be really, really rich..

He was a 16 year old self proclaimed nihilist kid from Texas with mental problems, abused by his parents, that tried to commit suicide and posted about it on this forum.

The mighty:

el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3500
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 09:33:50 AM

how many btc do i need to have in order to be a part of this elite club

I think that at the time of Op, there were quite a few people who owned 10k BTC and more because it would only cost a grand or less to accomplish such holdings.

Sure, over time the amount of coins is going to change and feeling wealthy is kind of relative, but probably, a person needs to minimally attempt to acquire 10 BTC at this price point.. and, yeah, if you can acquire 100 or more BTC at this point, you will likely be in decent shape in the future.

I don't really recommend investing balls to the walls, but if you are newbie getting into bitcoin now, then maybe you could front load a bit and then buy on dips and sell very small amounts on rises while keeping in mind that your goal is to attempt to accumulate as many coins as you can within your own budget.  By the way, I also don't believe in leveraging or borrowing in order to achieve such goals, but it could work out well in certain scenarios, even though it remains a fairly risky proposition (to leverage your BTC investment).

So, maybe newbies could target 10BTC to 100BTC, and just attempt to be reasonable in your acquisition and accumulation process.

Of course, perspectives and approaches are going to vary, so each of us has to find his/her own comfort level in this regard.
Great advises for  new comers, but I think for a regular joe it is hard to acquire a 10BTC having considering that the value is changing. The market is changing everyone is changing. We will never know when is the time that BTC will change its value to a tremendous scale.
It is a good thing to save now, and have a good future.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10148

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 09:52:09 AM

I think that at the time of Op, there were quite a few people who owned 10k BTC and more because it would only cost a grand or less to accomplish such holdings.

Sure, over time the amount of coins is going to change and feeling wealthy is kind of relative, but probably, a person needs to minimally attempt to acquire 10 BTC at this price point.. and, yeah, if you can acquire 100 or more BTC at this point, you will likely be in decent shape in the future.

I don't really recommend investing balls to the walls, but if you are newbie getting into bitcoin now, then maybe you could front load a bit and then buy on dips and sell very small amounts on rises while keeping in mind that your goal is to attempt to accumulate as many coins as you can within your own budget.  By the way, I also don't believe in leveraging or borrowing in order to achieve such goals, but it could work out well in certain scenarios, even though it remains a fairly risky proposition (to leverage your BTC investment).

So, maybe newbies could target 10BTC to 100BTC, and just attempt to be reasonable in your acquisition and accumulation process.

Of course, perspectives and approaches are going to vary, so each of us has to find his/her own comfort level in this regard.
Great advises for  new comers, but I think for a regular joe it is hard to acquire a 10BTC having considering that the value is changing. The market is changing everyone is changing. We will never know when is the time that BTC will change its value to a tremendous scale.

O.k.  Maybe I am kind of assuming too much about folks when I suggest targeting 10BTC to 100BTC.

If someone is really brand new to BTC, then they may need to figure out a way to budget a portion of their income.

Let's say for example, that you have $1,000 per month in income and your rent and basic expenses cause you to have to spend about $750.  Then you have $250 left, but you have other expenses too, and maybe in the end, you can only afford $100 per month.

Everyone is going to have different amounts that they are able to set aside depending on their circumstances, and bitcoin likely remains a decent investment, but there may be a need to engage in a kind of dollar cost averaging investment, in the event that a person does not already have a savings that s/he can transfer into bitcoin, and s/he just puts in as much as s/he can reasonably afford to do so without causing personal hardship (s).

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
zodin

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 11:02:28 AM
Last edit: June 20, 2016, 07:44:40 AM by zodin

I don't really recommend investing balls to the walls, but if you are newbie getting into bitcoin now, then maybe you could front load a bit and then buy on dips and sell very small amounts on rises while keeping in mind that your goal is to attempt to accumulate as many coins as you can within your own budget.  By the way, I also don't believe in leveraging or borrowing in order to achieve such goals, but it could work out well in certain scenarios, even though it remains a fairly risky proposition (to leverage your BTC investment).

Great advises for  new comers, but I think for a regular joe it is hard to acquire a 10BTC having considering that the value is changing. The market is changing everyone is changing. We will never know when is the time that BTC will change its value to a tremendous scale.

O.k.  Maybe I am kind of assuming too much about folks when I suggest targeting 10BTC to 100BTC.

If someone is really brand new to BTC, then they may need to figure out a way to budget a portion of their income.

Let's say for example, that you have $1,000 per month in income and your rent and basic expenses cause you to have to spend about $750.  Then you have $250 left, but you have other expenses too, and maybe in the end, you can only afford $100 per month.

Everyone is going to have different amounts that they are able to set aside depending on their circumstances, and bitcoin likely remains a decent investment, but there may be a need to engage in a kind of dollar cost averaging investment, in the event that a person does not already have a savings that s/he can transfer into bitcoin, and s/he just puts in as much as s/he can reasonably afford to do so without causing personal hardship (s).

yes it is a fact but it depend on the bitcoin rate and its price. if it is going up and continue its trend then it is possible that we will be the next gentle men having a lot of money .
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 05:42:54 PM

O.k.  Maybe I am kind of assuming too much about folks when I suggest targeting 10BTC to 100BTC.

Let's say for example, that you have $1,000 per month in income and your rent and basic expenses cause you to have to spend about $750.  Then you have $250 left, but you have other expenses too, and maybe in the end, you can only afford $100 per month.

yes it is a fact but it depend on the bitcoin rate and its price. if it is going up and continue its trend then it is possible that we will be the next gentle men having a lot of money .

I believe that also a part of my point was that I was expecting a large majority of folks to be earning money in fiat, but even if they do not, they still likely will calculate prices in fiat because that is how they spend their money.  The fiat remains the unit of value, and can remain so for a very long time, and we may consider that as bitcoin prices go up, we are not going to be able to accumulate as many BTC, even though we invest in the same amount of fiat (whether that be $100 per month $1,000 per month or some higher amount). 

In any event, if we want to attempt to become "new wealthy elite, gentlemen"  it may not matter so much how many bitcoin we have right now, but we continue  to recognize that bitcoin is going to continue to be the superior method of earning on your savings, and therefore you attempt to invest (and accumulate) as many as you reasonably can whether that is a percentage of your income or actual hard goals about how many BTC you would like to accumulate based on your own financial circumstances, timeline and ability to focus on your accumulation goals.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2016, 06:23:59 PM

Shoot for 2.1 bitcoins. That way you have 1/10 millionth of all bitcoins that will ever be created.

After that go for 21 so that you hold one millionth of all bitcoins.

If you can get there then go for 210 bitcoins. At that point you no more than 100,000 people will ever be richer than you.

If you work hard enough to accumulate 2100 you will be one of the 10,000 richest people in the world once Bitcoin is the world currency.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

dafar consulting

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 06:48:28 PM

Shoot for 2.1 bitcoins. That way you have 1/10 millionth of all bitcoins that will ever be created.

If you can get there then go for 210 bitcoins. At that point you no more than 100,000 people will ever be richer than you.

If you work hard enough to accumulate 2100 you will be one of the 10,000 richest people in the world once Bitcoin is the world currency.

If you can't afford 2100 right now it will be too late already I think.

2100BTC = $1.5 million dollars. Can't afford it.... too late for me to become rich?

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 06:49:56 PM

2100BTC = $1.5 million dollars. Can't afford it.... too late for me to become rich?

LOL  I was thinking the same thing.. LOL

If you can buy 2100 BTC you are already rich.. wtf you mean you can't become rich unless you have 2100.. wtf?
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 06:57:20 PM

210 Bitcoins sounds like a great goal.
I almost had 100 back in 2011/2012, but the slow recovery from $1.99992 to $7+ looked like a great time to get out 3x+ above the bottom...   ...lol?

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 08:41:28 PM

No your too late to own 2100 XBT. Ever. Sorry Smiley (I will also never own 2100 XBT)

I've been considering these various responses in response to the 2.1 / 21/ 210 and 2,100 question, and surely 2,100 is surely the most lofty of the goals, yet I am not sure whether it is impossible to achieve, for example if you have already achieve the 210 goal. 

Let's say for example, you are of fairly modest means (with a decent amount of disposable income), and you were able to acquire 210 coins in the lower $200s (let's say for a bit over $230 on average so you already invested most of your savings, around $50k). 

You invested most of your savings, but you were a bit afraid to invest more into bitcoin because you were not sure where it was going and you certainly did not want to leverage in any kind of way, yet you still have an outside disposable income, etc.  Therefore, besides your initial investment, you continued to dollar cost average around $1,000 per month in the past year, so now you have acquired around 250 coins.  Maybe you can continue to dollar cost average invest into bitcoin and to use part of your stash to trade and another part of your stash for security. 

Bitcoin is very volatile, so yeah, maybe 1,000 coins may be the most that you could expect to accumulate, without gambling too much and putting at risk your whole stake. 

O.k... maybe this is a bit of a dumb idea... and if you are just getting in now, maybe 210 coins would be lofty in itself, and maybe if bitcoin prices really surge with several more 10x price increases, then 21 coins would actually be sufficient to feel part of the new wealthy elite, gentlemen. 

Only three more  10 x increases from here, would put the 21 BTC stash at (21 x $736 = 15,500 x 10 = $150,500 x10 = $1,550,000 x 10 = $15,550,000).  Many of us would recognize $15 million as a fairly decent stash getting us close to "new wealthy elite, gentlemen."

ATguy

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 09:31:50 PM

210 Bitcoins sounds like a great goal.
I almost had 100 back in 2011/2012, but the slow recovery from $1.99992 to $7+ looked like a great time to get out 3x+ above the bottom...   ...lol?

If you cashed out 3x of what you bought with, that is great return for the investment. The only unfortunate thing is you just bought with $200. Thats why I dont believe anyone buying today just around 1 BTC and store longterm can even retire from this - you need more coins, probably at least 21.

.Liqui Exchange.Trade and earn 24% / year on BTC, LTC, ETH
....Brand NEW..........................................Payouts every 24h. Learn more at official thread
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 03:27:23 AM

Bring it on. Im ready to be in the top.
Praise the lord, we are the wealthy elite brought to you by Bitcoin.
I fucking love you Satoshi. Like Pure homo!  Grin
xDan

Activity: 688

ヽ( ㅇㅅㅇ)ノ ~!!

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 03:45:50 PM

Bring it on. Im ready to be in the top.
Praise the lord, we are the wealthy elite brought to you by Bitcoin.
I fucking love you Satoshi. Like Pure homo!  Grin

HODLing for the longest time. Skippin fast right around the moon. On a rocketship straight to mars.
Up, up and away with my beautiful, my beautiful Bitcoin~
macartem

Activity: 676
Merit: 319

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 03:48:17 PM

I haven't been blessed. Undecided Undecided Undecided
Pages: « 1 ... 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 [163] 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 ... 232 »
  Print  

Jump to: