Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:42:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 232 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I am pretty confident we are the new wealthy elite, gentlemen.  (Read 631773 times)
BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 06:58:03 PM

This thread has come true for many many people (who have cashed out lol)

Remember - it aint real until its actually in your hands ....

And getting it there isn't super easy.

And Uncle Sam is going to rape you for 20-30% of it ...

Mo money Mo problems ...

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 07:03:12 PM

Bitcoin are real, as long as they are stored in addresses you control exclusively.

Dollars are just numbers in a bank's database that someone else could destroy with a couple keystrokes.

People who are buying bitcoins with the goal of selling them for dollars later are doing it wrong.
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 07:08:13 PM

Mo money Mo problems ...

Only 20-30%?

God, you US citizens are lucky bastards. I won't tell you the amount of raping that gets an European declaring capital gains of +6 figures - you would cry.

Cally

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 07:21:04 PM

Mo money Mo problems ...

Only 20-30%?

God, you US citizens are lucky bastards. I won't tell you the amount of raping that gets an European declaring capital gains of +6 figures - you would cry.

He was lowballing it, anyone who makes a million USD or more usually loses 50% if they try to take it in a lump sum.
drrussellshane

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 07:32:34 PM

Bitcoin are real, as long as they are stored in addresses you control exclusively.

Dollars are just numbers in a bank's database that someone else could destroy with a couple keystrokes.

People who are buying bitcoins with the goal of selling them for dollars later are doing it wrong.

This.

In time, more will come to this conclusion.

Buy a TREZOR! Premier BTC hardware wallet. If you're reading this, you should probably buy one if you don't already have one. You'll thank me later.
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 07:53:18 PM

Are you currently putting all your money into bitcoin?  If you say this, you show you believe it by your actions.  I am putting all my money into bitcoin - I see a possibility of $50-$100+ per coin this year.  Just think, once the "bankers" and hedge funds find out about this, we are going to the moon.  Once my bitcoins are $1,000+ I will be able to pay off my growing college loans and maybe get an apartment, and my first car Smiley

so, are you? Smiley

He's probably living somewhere on his private island, with the 13 beautiful wives he bought.  Doesn't have much time to check the internet or respond to thread Sad

Actually, he can't.  He was finally banned with prejudice.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 07:55:18 PM

Mo money Mo problems ...

Only 20-30%?

He was lowballing it, anyone who makes a million USD or more usually loses 50% if they try to take it in a lump sum.

Nope, that's income taxes.  Increases in the value of an asset (such as bitcoins owned) is capital gains taxes, which is 20% MAX and normally in the 10 to 12% range in the US.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

chriswilmer
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2013, 07:56:05 PM

Mo money Mo problems ...

Only 20-30%?

Nope, that's income taxes.  Increases in the value of an asset (such as bitcoins owned) is capital gains taxes, which is 20% MAX and normally in the 10 to 12% range in the US.

Dumb question... aren't there state capital gains taxes that get added on to the 20%?
MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 07:56:49 PM

Mo money Mo problems ...

Only 20-30%?

Dumb question... aren't there state capital gains taxes that get added on to the 20%?

Depends upon the state, actually.  Generally yes, though.

manuel

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 08:11:57 PM

http://astrohacker.com/ahc/bitcoin-is-the-economic-singularity/

After reading this, the scale of black market and digital economies and the effect Bitcoin will have on them I am pretty certain we are going to be very wealthy men -- even with a sum as small as 10 Bitcoins. It's just so hard to believe. We are only in the beginning storms with these significant rallies from 10 to 20 dollars. I will not be surprised to see prices from hundreds to thousands in the coming months.

The world just isn't going to be the same and we have been blessed as the pioneers.

What are you going to do with your Bitcoin wealth once your coins hit upwards of $10,000 a pop?

If Bitcoin achieves even a portion of the true vision $100K or even $1 million is not unreasonable.  Maybe take your original investment and a little back at $1,000 or $10,000 but let the rest ride as high as it will go.
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 08:22:21 PM

Mo money Mo problems ...

Only 20-30%?

I'm crying. Really. You don't even know how lucky you are.

MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 08:35:29 PM

Mo money Mo problems ...

Only 20-30%?

I sure do.  But keep in mind that there are other costs.  I don't want the kind of socially involved governments that dominate Europe, but if you like those things, such things do cost money.  If you don't like those kinds fo things, move over here and help us keep it this way.  It's become a hard fight for the past 10 years or so.

CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 08:44:21 PM

Mo money Mo problems ...

Only 20-30%?

there may be some way to cash out internationally in china ,eastern europe or  russsia if you dont mind and reduce your taxes
down to about zero and transfer the money to a tax free haven ,(quick  google check says  there are several )
this may or may nor be legal depending on which country you reside but if you have a lot of BTC  you can also buy citizenship in a lot
of other countries that dont have such taxes
Mlady3014

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 11:59:19 PM
Last edit: November 28, 2013, 12:21:43 AM by Mlady3014

I would like to congratulate everyone who were the early adopters, investors, and accepters of Bitcoins. Despite the naysayers, you all were patient and held on to your Bitcoins, now you are reaping benefits that many thought were unimaginable. I am a late starter with Bitcoins, and just started accepting it as payment for my products and services (which I'll reveal in a later post), and I am very happy I made the decision. Maybe a movie should be made about the early adopters who became wealthy from Bitcoin, make it into one of those "underdog beats the odds" stories. Just a thought.

MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 12:01:18 AM

I would like to congratulate everyone who were the early adopters, investors, and accepters of Bitcoins. Despite the naysayers, you all kept were patient and held on to your Bitcoins, now you are reaping benefits that many thought were imaginable. I am a late starter with Bitcoins, and just started accepting it as payment for my products and services (which I'll reveal in a later post), and I am very happy I made the decision. Maybe a movie should be made about the early adopters who became wealthy from Bitcoin, make it into one of those "underdog beats the odds" stories. Just a thought.

You are not a late-adopter.  Bitcoin's market share is what?  10 Billion dollars?  That's chump change for just an online payment processor such as Paypal.  We have a long way to go yet.

Siegfried

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 12:17:57 AM

Can you get around paying taxes on bitcoin if you buy things directly instead of converting to fiat? Also, how would the government know how much you should pay if there is no record of what price you bought your bitcoins at?
MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 12:21:09 AM

Can you get around paying taxes on bitcoin if you buy things directly instead of converting to fiat? Also, how would the government know how much you should pay if there is no record of what price you bought your bitcoins at?

The real question isn't can it be done.  The question is, are you willing to break your local laws?

CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 12:30:48 AM

Mo money Mo problems ...

Only 20-30%?

there may be some way to cash out internationally in china ,eastern europe or  russsia if you dont mind and reduce your taxes
down to about zero and transfer the money to a tax free haven ,(quick  google check says  there are several )
this may or may nor be legal depending on which country you reside but if you have a lot of BTC  you can also buy citizenship in a lot
of other countries that dont have such taxes

Never to return.

if i had enough coins id have no problems moving to china for awhile to cash them Cheesy
open a chinese bank account and you can withdraw money anywhere with  the atm card
without losing 40-50%
Siegfried

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 12:31:38 AM

The real question isn't can it be done.  The question is, are you willing to break your local laws?

It is a real question. Many people do not accept the legitimacy of the state and do not want to finance the murder and imprisonment of their fellow humans and the eventual destruction of civilization. Many support bitcoin precisely because its deprives the state of its power to do evil.
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 12:33:10 AM

What about something like okpay and their debit card? Just keep funding it for purchases...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 232 »
  Print  

Jump to: