Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 01:07:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the most profitable asic miner?  (Read 1482 times)
BitMaxz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 2955

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2015, 06:18:50 PM

Hi guys i just want to know what is the most profitable asic miner?
or what is the good mining trategy?
it is good to buy 8 usb asic miner? or 1 Ant miner? like s5 miner...??

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
larry12

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 06:29:11 PM

usb asic miners are pretty useless, buy at least S5 it will be profitable a few more months......maybe  Cheesy

#Bitcoin The future is here.
BitMaxz (OP)
Legendary

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2015, 06:33:44 PM

usb asic miners are pretty useless, buy at least S5 it will be profitable a few more months......maybe  Cheesy
How about if my current rate is 0.238$ then how much is s5? it will be profitable in my electrycity current rate?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 06:34:53 PM

right now the antminer s7 is but if sidehack can get a hold of chips of any kind of the new ones form anyone ,his will be but they are meant more for home miners. Smiley.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1203190.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1173963.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=995675.0

At the high end Antminer s7 in the middle end antminer s5, lower end two ant miner S3 and antminer S1

there is a few others

Avalon4.1

SP20

middle end  

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 06:43:42 PM

usb asic miners are pretty useless, buy at least S5 it will be profitable a few more months......maybe  Cheesy
How about if my current rate is 0.238$ then how much is s5? it will be profitable in my electrycity current rate?

s5 around 320 or higher if you shop around every now then you can get one below 300 . buts that rare atm .

is that 23 cents a KWH Polly not sorry to say .if you meant 2 cents then yea it will be .

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 07:00:10 PM

I'd say only the S7 will offer you an ROI if you're paying for electricty that is.
BitMaxz (OP)
Legendary

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2015, 07:24:55 PM

right now the antminer s7 is but if sidehack can get a hold of chips of any kind of the new ones form anyone ,his will be but they are meant more for home miners. Smiley.

At the high end Antminer s7 in the middle end antminer s5, lower end two ant miner S3 and antminer S1

there is a few others

Avalon4.1

SP20

middle end 

I will check this avalon too. But i need the calculation of this miner... I have a current rate is 0.2 something maybe i will ean or profit around 50$-80$ in s7
I see the review of the avalon and i think this is good and it will profit to but how much is this miner in the market?

I'd say only the S7 will offer you an ROI if you're paying for electricty that is.
I have a calculated about s7 to my country elctrict base. i can earn or profit monthly around 50$-80$ . any other miner that low current watt.. like avalon..

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
BitMaxz (OP)
Legendary

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2015, 07:39:16 PM

Yeah with that rate you shouldn't mine, the only thing I could suggest to you is buy a micro pc that is low wattage (I use this http://www.amazon.com/VENSMILE%C2%AE-iPC002-BayTrail-Quad-core-Bluetooth/dp/B00REGG6QU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1445281729&sr=8-1&keywords=micro+windows+pc it is 5w ) and stake. Some POS coins are pretty stable (NXT, Peercoin) but give 1% a year others are more fluctuating but a higher percent (750%) and if it doesn't pan out you have a full windows pc you can use as a media center, usb stick host or to liquidate.
Ow this is very unique pc and it can save alot of current... But i think i dont need it because i have a laptop... and i just want the miner as my extra income while doing something in my laptop...

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 07:44:11 PM

Yeah with that rate you shouldn't mine, the only thing I could suggest to you is buy a micro pc that is low wattage (I use this http://www.amazon.com/VENSMILE%C2%AE-iPC002-BayTrail-Quad-core-Bluetooth/dp/B00REGG6QU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1445281729&sr=8-1&keywords=micro+windows+pc it is 5w ) and stake. Some POS coins are pretty stable (NXT, Peercoin) but give 1% a year others are more fluctuating but a higher percent (750%) and if it doesn't pan out you have a full windows pc you can use as a media center, usb stick host or to liquidate.
Ow this is very unique pc and it can save alot of current... But i think i dont need it because i have a laptop... and i just want the miner as my extra income while doing something in my laptop...

Honestly I would look into the RPI 2.  You get a LOT of computing power for your money. And takes very little to run. 

Only thing is you need to be conformable with linux. Which is not to bad (there is a windows version for PI I have not used it yet).  But not messing with drivers with cgminer I really like linux after you get use to it.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 06:53:35 AM
Last edit: October 21, 2015, 06:52:42 AM by Amph

there is a few others

Avalon4.1

SP20

middle end  

I will check this avalon too. But i need the calculation of this miner... I have a current rate is 0.2 something maybe i will ean or profit around 50$-80$ in s7
I see the review of the avalon and i think this is good and it will profit to but how much is this miner in the market?

I have a calculated about s7 to my country elctrict base. i can earn or profit monthly around 50$-80$ . any other miner that low current watt.. like avalon..

if the s7 give you only 80 per month, then it's better to leave hte mining scene, because no other miner can do better, apparently your electricity is very bad

because an s7 with free electricity should deliver $300 in btc each month, and with electricity probably above 200, it depend
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 11:28:29 PM

Honestly I would look into the RPI 2.  You get a LOT of computing power for your money. And takes very little to run. 

Only thing is you need to be conformable with linux. Which is not to bad (there is a windows version for PI I have not used it yet).  But not messing with drivers with cgminer I really like linux after you get use to it.
Yes a Pi 2 is great but you get POS coin wallets usually on windows first and this thing has enough power to run a lot, I currently am running 5 different coins on it without a drop of lag, the built in hdmi, power cable, wifi, bluetooth, battery and windows really helps for a one stop solution instead of buying the pi2, pi2 case, power cable, hdmi cable, wifi dongle, bluetooth dongle (if using bluetooth keyboard) and sd card for storage, downloading os and burning it.

That is true PI is pretty amazing on power usage for it's has a lot of possibilities.  I seem Avalon keeping PI as a controller.

So that I consider good news no matter old B or new Pi 2.  Either one could run a miner or a few very effective.  Also something most don't think about is if controller goes bad... its a RPI so easy to get a new one.  No special order on gear.

So big advantages for companies who use it.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 10:18:31 AM

With electric THAT bloody expensive, your probability of achieving RoI on ANY current or recent miner is pretty much zero - in fact, the ONLY currently available miner that would show ANY profit at all would be the S7 (possibly a SP20 if you clock it WAY down for max efficiency or an S5 if you can undervolt it enough - many S5s CAN NOT undervolt at all though), but you'll be spending so much on electric to feed the miner you'd never pay the thing off or even come close.

NOTHING other than ASIC has a prayer of being profitable for Bitcoin mining - Pi don't use a lot of power but they would hash in the KILOhash/sec range, even slow ASIC are multi-digit GIGAhash/sec and current ones are pushing into the multi-TERRAhash/sec range.

Your Pi would be trying to compete with the Thrust SSC in a max-speed race in your Model T Ford that has 2 cylenders not firing and thinking you have a chance of being competative.

All current miners and most recent ones already have controllers built into them, no need for a Pi or similar to run them with.

The Avalon 4.1 was LESS efficient than the Antminer S5, which was LESS efficient than the Spondoolies SP20 could be set up for (though the SP20 at stock settings was both a little faster and a little less efficient thatn the S5). I'd tend to ignore it unless you can get one VERY cheap ($200 or less + shipping).

New miners have been anounced both by Lketc/BW and by Avalon - I'd wait a month or two for them to actually show up with real avaiability and pricing before I made a decision.

Innosilicon also announced they achieved tapeout some months back on new gen SHA256 (A3) and Scrypt (A4) chips, and they have a history of building miners around their own chips - I expect to see something out of them at some point too, probably late this year or very early 2016.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 11:39:51 AM

With electric THAT bloody expensive, your probability of achieving RoI on ANY current or recent miner is pretty much zero - in fact, the ONLY currently available miner that would show ANY profit at all would be the S7 (possibly a SP20 if you clock it WAY down for max efficiency or an S5 if you can undervolt it enough - many S5s CAN NOT undervolt at all though), but you'll be spending so much on electric to feed the miner you'd never pay the thing off or even come close.

NOTHING other than ASIC has a prayer of being profitable for Bitcoin mining - Pi don't use a lot of power but they would hash in the KILOhash/sec range, even slow ASIC are multi-digit GIGAhash/sec and current ones are pushing into the multi-TERRAhash/sec range.

Your Pi would be trying to compete with the Thrust SSC in a max-speed race in your Model T Ford that has 2 cylenders not firing and thinking you have a chance of being competative.

All current miners and most recent ones already have controllers built into them, no need for a Pi or similar to run them with.

The Avalon 4.1 was LESS efficient than the Antminer S5, which was LESS efficient than the Spondoolies SP20 could be set up for (though the SP20 at stock settings was both a little faster and a little less efficient thatn the S5). I'd tend to ignore it unless you can get one VERY cheap ($200 or less + shipping).

New miners have been anounced both by Lketc/BW and by Avalon - I'd wait a month or two for them to actually show up with real avaiability and pricing before I made a decision.

Innosilicon also announced they achieved tapeout some months back on new gen SHA256 (A3) and Scrypt (A4) chips, and they have a history of building miners around their own chips - I expect to see something out of them at some point too, probably late this year or very early 2016.

You will not get a Avalon 4.1 in this range. I get around 950 GHz for around 550 watts underclocked.  Take this times 3 I get around  I was able to get 2.7 T plus around 1650 watts.

I have all of the machines you mention I don't think you have played with the Avalon 4.1 with your anwser though.  Here is it actually being used - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1008726.0

Is S5 a little more efficicent yes.  But it runs hot and loud.  The 4.1 is a very quiet miner.   Where have you seen them for 200 dollars?
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 02:46:56 PM

You obviously didn't read our post at ALL, no one said to mine off a pi but to stake with alt coins and also having the ability to reuse it as a controller for asics later.

Also his value is not near the price on Avalon 4.1's.  I still am waiting to see where he got the 200 number.   

For that price it would be a bargain.  I have never seen one near this for sell.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 05:32:57 PM

*edited to make not so long.

Also his value is not near the price on Avalon 4.1's.  I still am waiting to see where he got the 200 number.   

For that price it would be a bargain.  I have never seen one near this for sell.
I bought mine when people were liquidating their miners for s7's (300$ s5's shipped) and paid 1.4btc for mine, 200$ would be insane deal for a 4.1

That is why I asked where he got this number.  Honestly I hope I'm wrong and he can show me some 200 USD Avalon 4.1's.

But I don't think it will be happening.  If they truly were 200 USD I would be adding some new miners to my collection at that price....
QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 10:17:15 AM

You apparently didn't read all of my post.

I didn't say I have SEEN S5s at $200.

I said I would not bother buying one for more than $200.

This is based on what I figure an S5 will be able to generate in profits between now and halfing, when the S5 and all of the same-gen machines (SP20 and Avalon 4.1 specifically included) probably will become unprofitable at almost any electric rate other than free, plus a small allowance for needed power supply (which can be reused, so only allocating a few dollars there) and a desire to actually profit from having the machine at all.

I do NOT count on "resale value" as that is already dropping with the price pressure from newer and much more efficient machines, and will probably tank VERY hard shortly before the halfing.
This year has been very ATYPICAL for used machine resales due to the very long period of almost flat difficulty increases, it's not something to count on.

Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 10:32:46 PM

You apparently didn't read all of my post.

I didn't say I have SEEN S5s at $200.

I said I would not bother buying one for more than $200.

This is based on what I figure an S5 will be able to generate in profits between now and halfing, when the S5 and all of the same-gen machines (SP20 and Avalon 4.1 specifically included) probably will become unprofitable at almost any electric rate other than free, plus a small allowance for needed power supply (which can be reused, so only allocating a few dollars there) and a desire to actually profit from having the machine at all.

I do NOT count on "resale value" as that is already dropping with the price pressure from newer and much more efficient machines, and will probably tank VERY hard shortly before the halfing.
This year has been very ATYPICAL for used machine resales due to the very long period of almost flat difficulty increases, it's not something to count on.

I did not mean any offense by it.  I was hoping you had seen them for it.  But 200 you will not find any 4.1's for. 

If they were that I would be adding to my collection.   If you look at ebay for example I think you will be surprised at value they still hold even today.  They just bring a good amount more then 200.   The price you gave was just unrealistic compared to sales. 

Just curious what machines do you own out of the ones you mention here?
QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 10:17:38 AM

Currently own 5 S5s and a single SP20.

Cleaned out Amazon a while back, except for an attempted purchace from HolyBitCoin that never went through (the canceled it on THEIR end, and a week later were listing at least one S5 for quite a bit more - but they also never charged my card, so no real foul just irritating).

I've had too many issues with stuff bought on eBay to trust that site with high-dollar purchaces unless they are local, and their tendancy to FORCE you to use that ripoff Paypal company as a payment method (I was one of the original "class" from the first class action lawsuit against PayPal, and REFUSE to have anything to do with that ripoff of a company again for any reason ever) makes it very difficult at best for me to participate in ANY eBay auction.

I'm not offended by "value" opinions that vary from mine.
 I probably tend to be pretty far towards the "pessimistic" or "conservative" estimate end of the scale here on future Bitcoin pricing and probable future diff increases.

I've also been burnt by bad estimates on RoI calculations when I was more optimistic about that sort of thing.

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 10:36:09 AM

Currently own 5 S5s and a single SP20.

Cleaned out Amazon a while back, except for an attempted purchace from HolyBitCoin that never went through (the canceled it on THEIR end, and a week later were listing at least one S5 for quite a bit more - but they also never charged my card, so no real foul just irritating).

I've had too many issues with stuff bought on eBay to trust that site with high-dollar purchaces unless they are local, and their tendancy to FORCE you to use that ripoff Paypal company as a payment method (I was one of the original "class" from the first class action lawsuit against PayPal, and REFUSE to have anything to do with that ripoff of a company again for any reason ever) makes it very difficult at best for me to participate in ANY eBay auction.

I'm not offended by "value" opinions that vary from mine.
 I probably tend to be pretty far towards the "pessimistic" or "conservative" estimate end of the scale here on future Bitcoin pricing and probable future diff increases.

I've also been burnt by bad estimates on RoI calculations when I was more optimistic about that sort of thing.

Love it or hate it Ebay is the big game in town on auctions, no one is close to it as far as US use.  Some will hat it and never use it, but this actually will cost you money.

I have sold MANY miners on ebay.  It has been really nice bump to my ROI's.    Almost always you will get more on there for a miner then on bitcointalk.  And I have only ever had 1 issue the entire time.  I had trouble once long ago in Asic Miner stick day's when another seller wanted to mess with me.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: