Bitcoin Forum
October 17, 2018, 12:26:29 AM *
News: Make sure you are not using versions of Bitcoin Core other than 0.17.0 [Torrent], 0.16.3, 0.15.2, or 0.14.3. More info.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 [683] 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 »
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA  (Read 1320146 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
aceat64

Activity: 310
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 12:18:28 AM

OK guys, been watching this whole crypto market since Oct and one thing is clear at this point - all coins are tied to Bitcoin, if Bitcoin farts all alts shit themselves across the board, does not matter how good is the coin that you hold or how revolutionary it is - as soon as soon as BTC goes down alts are down... The whole market is build around BTC, we think we are holding different coins, but in fact it's like everyone is holding BTC, so can anyone logically explain to me what's the point of investing in different coins when at the end of the day it all comes down to a shitcoin like BTC?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jbmustaq

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:53:01 AM

OK guys, been watching this whole crypto market since Oct and one thing is clear at this point - all coins are tied to Bitcoin, if Bitcoin farts all alts shit themselves across the board, does not matter how good is the coin that you hold or how revolutionary it is - as soon as soon as BTC goes down alts are down... The whole market is build around BTC, we think we are holding different coins, but in fact it's like everyone is holding BTC, so can anyone logically explain to me what's the point of investing in different coins when at the end of the day it all comes down to a shitcoin like BTC?

Well said and a good question.  The answer is you cannot mine bitcoin easily now as 80% of bitcoin supply has been mined and only 20% remains. so it's easier to mine altcoins at low difficulty even purchase coins and hodl them to make profit.

petr87

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 03:14:49 AM

As far as I know, everyone is frightened by news from China, which concern all crypto-currencies (and not just bitcoin). There are a lot of newcomers on the market who do not understand what they bought. Manipulators get rid of weak people. It will take a long time before there are people who understand what value he bought => then technological coins will stop so much
kkjack789

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 04:25:12 AM

As far as I know, everyone is frightened by news from China, which concern all crypto-currencies (and not just bitcoin). There are a lot of newcomers on the market who do not understand what they bought. Manipulators get rid of weak people. It will take a long time before there are people who understand what value he bought => then technological coins will stop so much
I obviously feel the market panic, digital currency is the world, and now is the best buying opportunity, IOTA has set a 30% position

ui_zakharchenko

Activity: 476
Merit: 319

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2018, 11:25:13 AM

Guys you should keep the ones you took your heads and bought the lows in this dip! shouldn’t sell on small gains like the 30%, 50%. You did the right thing. Wait till at least you see the ATHs!

Jacky_Chan

Activity: 146
Merit: 150

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 05:07:48 PM

Iota first Moscow meetup - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H4isxtKHx1Q
BRPINDIA

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 05:43:24 PM

I obviously feel the market panic, digital currency is the world, and now is the best buying opportunity, IOTA has set a 30% position

Can some one brief me about this project , why it different than other and will sustain as top 50 in 2018
BitcoinArsenal

Activity: 882
Merit: 556

"JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO!"

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 07:08:00 PM

Can some one brief me about this project , why it different than other and will sustain as top 50 in 2018

Explanation is not needed. There is a bunch of information on the web which describe how IOTA and its technology Tangle differs from other crypto projects based on the blockchain. Here are a few links:

https://learn.iota.org/faq/how-is-iota-different-from-blockchain
https://ukcryptocurrency.com/iota/tangle-vs-blockchain/
https://seekingalpha.com/article/4131577-iota-iot-capable-technology-alternative-blockchain

|

█████████████▅▄
     ██████████████▅▄
                  ██▆
                   ███
                   ███
                   ███
                   ███
                   ███
                   ███
                   ███
                   ███
                  ███
 ██████████████████▀
██████████████████▀

███████████
█████████████

█████████████
█████████████

█████████████
 ███████████

▆████████████████
 ▆▆████████████████
███▀
███
███
███▄
 ▀▀███████████████▆▄
  ▀███████████████▅▄
                 ▀███
                  ███
                  ███
                ▄████
 █████████████████▀▀
 █████████████████▀

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

▆███████████
 ▆▆███████████
███▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███▄
 ▀▀█████████████
  ▀█████████████

▆████████████▆
 ▆▆█████████████▆▆
███▀             ▀███
███               ███
███               ███
███               ███
███               ███
███               ███
███               ███
███               ███
███               ███
███▄             ▄███
 ▀▀███████████████▀▀
  ▀███████████████▀
|
rodmanqs

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 10:18:05 PM

Don't download the IOTA Wallet from Anywhere Other than Github! Scammers place contextual advertising on search networks https://i.redd.it/1k3t9dt1poa01.png
Jacky_Chan

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 11:40:57 PM

A good IOTA introduction video - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I_jNH9BlEEo
stephen.dedalus

Activity: 76

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 11:43:40 PM

can iota be 1000$ in a couple of years? or its impossible due to very large market cap?
Fbitopdog

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 11:48:43 PM

Can someone please help me?
What kind of wallet do I need for someone to transfer Iota coins to me?
A bitcoin wallet or  Ethereum wallet?
Where would I get this?
Looking for long-term holding of coins?
update: Is this the proper address?    https://www.iotapaperwallet.io/  Grin
Then the site to check to see balance?   https://iotabalance.com/
Any help is much appreciated!
Thanks

sorry, don't know how to respond.

Thanks goes out to Jacky_Chan for the help!!!
Jacky_Chan

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 01:12:28 AM

Can someone please help me?
What kind of wallet do I need for someone to transfer Iota coins to me?
A bitcoin wallet or  Ethereum wallet?
Where would I get this?
Looking for long-term holding of coins?
update: Is this the proper address?    https://www.iotapaperwallet.io/  Grin
Then the site to check to see balance?   https://iotabalance.com/
Any help is much appreciated!
Thanks

You can use the official iota wallet - https://github.com/iotaledger/wallet/releases.

User guides - https://kb.helloiota.com/
PowerHemp
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1001

Ganja <3

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 01:59:29 AM

can iota be 1000$ in a couple of years? or its impossible due to very large market cap?

i dont think so. that would be too big marketcap for that it need 2 776 018 776 868 $ it would be great if we can reach this with all coins in the next years Wink

██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████

██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████

Termie

Activity: 473
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 08:00:22 AM

1 MIOTA $1000 in the future - why not. 1 single IOTA rather not, I guess ^^
revelacaogr
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1008

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 09:52:40 AM

IOTA is building a superhero team for the problems of tomorrow.
46 great minds (so far) are building our future. That's important!

http://www.tangleblog.com/what-is-iota-what-is-the-tangle/

IOTA Foundation and Developers:

-Chronologically Ordered-

Prof. Serguei Popov (Co-Founder. Mathematician, Creator of the Tangle Concept)
David Sønstebø (Founder, Co-Lead, Management)
Sergey Ivancheglo (Co-Founder, Engineer)
Dominik Schiener (Co-Founder, Co-Lead, Core-Dev, Public Face of IOTA)
Per Lind (Business Development Asia)
Dr. Carsten Stöcker (Advisor Mobility, Business Transformation, Innovation)
Dr. Navin Ramachandran (Healthcare, Bigdata, UCL Wallet Dev.)
Wilfried Pimenta de Miranda (Director Business Development)
Regine Haschka Helmer(Advisor, Business Development)
Paul Handy (Core-Dev)
Alfred Keller (Network Architect, Dev)
Alon Elmaliah (Core-Dev)
Sabri Goldberg (Designer)
Jochen Renz (Chicago Connectory, Mobility)
Prof. John Halamka (Healthcare)
Prof. Cyril Grunspan (Mathematician)
Andreas C. Osowski (Core-Dev)
Chris Dukakis (Core-Dev)
Alexander Renz (Chicago Connectory, Mobility)
Dr. Julie Maupin (Legal Advisor)
John Edge (Healthcare, Fintech)
Lewis Freiberg (Core-Dev)
Nick Beglinger (Advisor Sustainability, Business Development)
Dr. Danny Wu (Dev, Engineering)
Bartosz Kuśmierz (Dev, Mathematician, Ph.D. student)
Oliver T. Bussmann (Business Advisor)
Prof. Vassil Dimitrov (Mathematician)
Anders H. Lier (Business Development, Networking)
John E. Mattison (Healthcare, Big Data)
Samuel Reid (Math. Dev, Blockchain Eng.)
Jesse Babbra (Chicago Connectory, Business Development)
Prof. Joachim Taiber (Advisor Mobility)
Gal Rogozinski (Core-Dev)
John Liciardello (Ecosystem-Fund-Manager)
Tsvi Sabo (Core-Dev)
Georgio E. Mandolfo (Sysadmin /Devops)
Edward Greve (Core-Dev)
Hongquan Jiang (Robert Bosch Venture Capital Partner / Advisor)
Max Minchenkov (Networker in the Commonwealth of Independent States)
Jens Munch Lund-Nielsen (Networker in Norsk countries)
Oliver Mulherin (Fullstack Core-Dev)
Clara Shikhelman (Mathematician / on her Ph.D)
Koen Maris (Software Dev / Cyber Security)
Darcy Gabriel Augusto Camargo Cunha (Mathematician / on his Ph. D)
Alon Gal (Physicist, Dev, Entrepreneur)
Andreas Mikolajewski (Dev, interdisciplinary Comp. Science)

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
■    PRIVATE SALE is LIVE    ■
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Whitepaper   ■   Bounty   ■   Bitcointalk

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                        ███
                     ▄▄ ▀▀▀ ███
                     ██▀ ▄▄ ▀▀▀
                   ▄▄    █▀▀ ▄▄ ██
                   ▀▀ ▄█  ▄▄ ▀
                  ██  ▀ ▄ ▀
                  ▄▄ █▄ ▀▀
                  ▀▀  ▄ ▀
   ▄▄              ██ ▀ ▀
   ██▀               ▄ ▀
  ▄  ▄█         ▄ ▄   ▀
 ███  ▀ █▄ ▄▀ ▀▄  ▀  ▄ ██ ██
  ▀▀ █▄ ▄  ▄█ ▀ █▀  ▀ ▄ ▄▄  ▄█▄
███     ▀▀   ▄█▄       ▄ ▀ ▄ ▀ ▄
▀▀▀ ██ ██ ██  ▀         ▄▄ ▀▀ ▀██
                         ▀ ▄█  ▄▄
                        ▄█ ▀▀ ▀██
                        ▄ ▄█▄
                       ▀▀ ▀▀
                      ██
Skynet
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Telegram   ■   Facebook   ■   Twitter   ■   Medium   ■   Reddit   ■   LinkedIn
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
CREATING THE INTELLIGENT MACHINE ECONOMY

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
revelacaogr
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1008

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 10:32:28 AM

Summary, IOTA moscow meetup
by CryptoTraderNor

https://www.reddit.com/r/Iota/comments/7r23e0/summary_iota_moscow_meetup/

"Hey! Just came back from IOTA Moscow meetup! Some of the news from the talk/presentation of Cfb and Max Minchenkov:
IOTA will move from PoW to Network-bound PoW in the future. It's an unique thing and details are not available.
smart contracts are in development. ETA is this year. It will be done not like eth smart contracts, but done in functional programming paradigm/style.
Max Minchenkov said that IOTA are doing a solution together with CISCO for an undisclosed oil company, where IOTA will provide software and CISCO hardware. No ETAs or any other info.
Ternary hardware is still in development. It will be ternary CPU and Li-Fi. No ETAs or any other info.
Cfb is more on hardware part now, other team members do work on IRI.
I can verify that people do build their own stuff on IOTA, personally saw a few teams today that build something on IOTA. And real word development on IOTA do happens outside of "crypto community". So the fact that it's quite in bitcointalk or even media means nothing. Work do progressing behind the doors.
I talked personally with Cfb. He is a very polite and intellegent person. Was too shy to say hello to Max Minchenkov."
Took the liberty to post this, copy from Ilya, on iota slack.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
■    PRIVATE SALE is LIVE    ■
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Whitepaper   ■   Bounty   ■   Bitcointalk

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                        ███
                     ▄▄ ▀▀▀ ███
                     ██▀ ▄▄ ▀▀▀
                   ▄▄    █▀▀ ▄▄ ██
                   ▀▀ ▄█  ▄▄ ▀
                  ██  ▀ ▄ ▀
                  ▄▄ █▄ ▀▀
                  ▀▀  ▄ ▀
   ▄▄              ██ ▀ ▀
   ██▀               ▄ ▀
  ▄  ▄█         ▄ ▄   ▀
 ███  ▀ █▄ ▄▀ ▀▄  ▀  ▄ ██ ██
  ▀▀ █▄ ▄  ▄█ ▀ █▀  ▀ ▄ ▄▄  ▄█▄
███     ▀▀   ▄█▄       ▄ ▀ ▄ ▀ ▄
▀▀▀ ██ ██ ██  ▀         ▄▄ ▀▀ ▀██
                         ▀ ▄█  ▄▄
                        ▄█ ▀▀ ▀██
                        ▄ ▄█▄
                       ▀▀ ▀▀
                      ██
Skynet
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Telegram   ■   Facebook   ■   Twitter   ■   Medium   ■   Reddit   ■   LinkedIn
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
CREATING THE INTELLIGENT MACHINE ECONOMY

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
silverston

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 10:47:42 AM

My friend, I bought IOTA in July for 64 cents and their capitalization was about 1.8 billion dollars, I was very hooked at this project. Then they just went to the Bitfinex exchange. I read their whitepapper and waited very much for it to take off, I was sure that it would grow considering the fact that this coin has no commission for transactions. But recently I sold all of my IOTA - maybe it was a mistake, but I find many other coins more attractive in the current market. In this case, I'm considering the option that IOTA still declares itself! 1000$... May be but when?... Good luck))

sarakeyyy

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 10:56:28 AM

My friend, I bought IOTA in July for 64 cents and their capitalization was about 1.8 billion dollars, I was very hooked at this project. Then they just went to the Bitfinex exchange. I read their whitepapper and waited very much for it to take off, I was sure that it would grow considering the fact that this coin has no commission for transactions. But recently I sold all of my IOTA - maybe it was a mistake, but I find many other coins more attractive in the current market. In this case, I'm considering the option that IOTA still declares itself! 1000$... May be but when?... Good luck))
I also sold 80% of my position, but the remaining 20% of the coins I have to go with IOTA go far because the IoT application is still the outlet of our country

CryptikEnigma

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 03:22:05 PM

IOTA/BTC is back to its previous channel (when IOTA/USD was moving around $4)

Pages: « 1 ... 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 [683] 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.