Bitcoin Forum
September 17, 2019, 01:33:46 AM *
News: If you like a topic and you see an orange "bump" link, click it. More info.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 [744] 745 746 747 748 »
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA  (Read 1359252 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ePesoInitiative

Activity: 812
Merit: 260

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 07:37:26 PM

MIOTA/IOTA tokens will be offered to drivers of Jaguar/Rand Rovers who will be willing to share data as feedback about different things. How this is going to benefit a common user or holder of IOTA that remains to be seen in coming months. It surely being appreciated across the board that's why I also will see it positive development.
Okay, so you will earn IOTA tokens when you drive, more you drive, more you earn, correct?
But who will pay this? If you only give something, then it is free with no value, who will pay this / sponsor it?

First of all there seems to be two main use cases for the "smart wallet" of JaguarLandrover at the moment.

The first one is to get paid for the data your car produces. You've probably heard that data is the oil of the 21st century. The data can be used for research and development, as well as for the updating of maps, traffic reports, driving directions, etc. Already today, cars are moving computers that send the data without compensation to the manufacturers. In future, those data is much more important than today (for example for intelligent driving conceps and autonomous driving).

Secondly, the car automatically pays for you, for example, in the parking garage, at the gas station or in countries where there is a toll (if you think about it, there are many more options....).
That is amazing idea! But still it seems like a sci-fi movie. When it is expected to see this in Land Rover cars?  Cool

A sci-fi movie?!?!? Today's technology seems like a sci-fi movie. Back in the 90s, jaws will drop over smartphones (which is 100x more powerful than the 386 desktops) and 4k streaming media over the internet!

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PLAY NOW
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
duesoldi

Activity: 882
Merit: 566

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 08:02:24 PM

MIOTA/IOTA tokens will be offered to drivers of Jaguar/Rand Rovers who will be willing to share data as feedback about different things. How this is going to benefit a common user or holder of IOTA that remains to be seen in coming months. It surely being appreciated across the board that's why I also will see it positive development.
Okay, so you will earn IOTA tokens when you drive, more you drive, more you earn, correct?
But who will pay this? If you only give something, then it is free with no value, who will pay this / sponsor it?

First of all there seems to be two main use cases for the "smart wallet" of JaguarLandrover at the moment.

The first one is to get paid for the data your car produces. You've probably heard that data is the oil of the 21st century. The data can be used for research and development, as well as for the updating of maps, traffic reports, driving directions, etc. Already today, cars are moving computers that send the data without compensation to the manufacturers. In future, those data is much more important than today (for example for intelligent driving conceps and autonomous driving).

Secondly, the car automatically pays for you, for example, in the parking garage, at the gas station or in countries where there is a toll (if you think about it, there are many more options....).

On the first use case you have perfectly hit the point.
To give an example with things that already exist. I live in Italy; here the insurances propose you to install a box on the car and this box sends the data of your routes to the insurance.
If you agree to install the box, the insurance charges you less. And of course the advantage for the insurance is double:
1) better "control" of your driving style
2) it also know the traffic conditions where you are and therefore can sell this data to other external services.

A similar thing will happen with Iota.
dnsokoljuk

Activity: 700
Merit: 10

send and receive money instantly, with no hidden c

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2019, 08:15:40 PM

How I know IOTA is sucsess project with strong team. What is latest updates of project? Thank you for your reply and wish to be a sucsess in future like now.

Sonic103

Activity: 107
Merit: 8

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2019, 04:17:40 AM

Jaguar + IOTA= "Earn as you Drive" and "Destination Zero".

Russian language

tyz
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1124

View Profile
May 02, 2019, 11:34:57 AM

That is amazing idea! But still it seems like a sci-fi movie. When it is expected to see this in Land Rover cars?  Cool

This is not science fiction. It already exists as a prototype in small format and in test labs. All car and mobility manufacturers are working on such solutions. The challenge is to do this in a big way. But there is still a lack of appropriate infrastructure (for example, 5G networks and autonomous vehicles).
Lauda
GrumpyKitty
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2118

Modern Liberalism is a Mental Disorder

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 10:33:16 AM

You benefit by getting a few cents of a shitcoin for selling out your soul. How stupid do you have to be to willingly sell your own data for pocket change? Go work in McDonalds or something.

How I know IOTA is sucsess project with strong team.
If you ignore the tech this statement is indeed true. The amount of people bagholding and shilling this one is insane. Even if it were fundamentally broken to the point where you'd be able to create this scam coin out of nothing, they'd still defend it.

████████████████████████████
████████▀▀ █▀ █▀ ▀██████████
█████████▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
██████████▀     ▀  ▀████████
███████▀ ▀  ▄█▀▀▀█▀▀████████
██████▄      █▄  ▀▀  ▀██████
██████         ▄▄█▄ ▄ ▀█████
█████ ▄         ▀▀ ▄ ▀ █████
██████▌          █▀█▀ ▐█████
███████  ▄▌         ▄ ██████
████████▄█         ▄████████
█████████▀     ▄▄ ▄█████████
.JACKMATE'S...........
MAJESTIC..
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
..WIN 1 BITCOIN ON EVERY PREMIER LEAGUE MATCHDAY..
████████████████████████████████
████████████▀█▀ ▀█▀█▀███████████
███████████▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████
███████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
█████████▀▄ ██▀▄▄▄ ▀ ▄▀█████████
███████▀ ▀█████▄▄▄█▄▄▄██████████
███████▀▄████████▀  ▀█ █▐███████
███████ ▀█████████▄█▀▀██ ███████
████████ ███▀██████ ▄ ██ ███████
████████▌▐▀▄ ██████████ ▄███████
█████████▄██▌▐█████▀██ █████████
████████████▄▀▀▀▀▀▄ ▀▄██████████
.JOIN US - IT'S FREE! .
ThatsABity

Activity: 103
Merit: 36

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 02:52:43 PM

You benefit by getting a few cents of a shitcoin for selling out your soul. How stupid do you have to be to willingly sell your own data for pocket change? Go work in McDonalds or something.

What's the problem if the data is anonymized? If you still don't like the idea then don't sell it. You decide, that's the point.
Lauda
GrumpyKitty
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2118

Modern Liberalism is a Mental Disorder

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 03:26:29 PM
Last edit: May 06, 2019, 04:51:27 PM by Lauda

What's the problem if the data is anonymized? If you still don't like the idea then don't sell it. You decide, that's the point.
There's no such thing, especially not when a corporation is doing it.

████████▀▀ █▀ █▀ ▀██████████
█████████▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
██████████▀     ▀  ▀████████
███████▀ ▀  ▄█▀▀▀█▀▀████████
██████▄      █▄  ▀▀  ▀██████
██████         ▄▄█▄ ▄ ▀█████
█████ ▄         ▀▀ ▄ ▀ █████
██████▌          █▀█▀ ▐█████
███████  ▄▌         ▄ ██████
████████▄█         ▄████████
█████████▀     ▄▄ ▄█████████
.JACKMATE'S...........
MAJESTIC..
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
..WIN 1 BITCOIN ON EVERY PREMIER LEAGUE MATCHDAY..
████████████▀█▀ ▀█▀█▀███████████
███████████▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████
███████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
█████████▀▄ ██▀▄▄▄ ▀ ▄▀█████████
███████▀ ▀█████▄▄▄█▄▄▄██████████
███████▀▄████████▀  ▀█ █▐███████
███████ ▀█████████▄█▀▀██ ███████
████████ ███▀██████ ▄ ██ ███████
████████▌▐▀▄ ██████████ ▄███████
█████████▄██▌▐█████▀██ █████████
████████████▄▀▀▀▀▀▄ ▀▄██████████
.JOIN US - IT'S FREE! .
Waverider

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 07:51:38 PM

After I updated Trinity wallet on Android it quits when I start it. I enter password then during a couple of seconds see a screen saying "Loading seed for the first time. Do not minimize or close the app. It may take a while" and then it closes itself. I tried to delete the app and install from market again but the same result - it closes itself. You need to fix it.

Looks like the most reliable version is light wallet 2.5.7

Neither of trinities work for me now. Desktop version always saying it cannot not find my account data and I abandoned it. Mobile version worked till update.
IOTASUPPORTER

Activity: 48
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 06, 2019, 04:47:54 PM

just leaving this link here: a new yt format Wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMDJwsbQ12s
tyz
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2019, 07:16:48 PM

just leaving this link here: a new yt format Wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMDJwsbQ12s

Out of curiosity, is this you in the video or did you just share the new IOTA video format from someone else?
bitcoin_age

Activity: 270
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 06, 2019, 08:01:47 PM

IOTA IS HEADING TOWARDS A NEW MARK WITH THE LOWEST PRICE THIS YEAR IOTA WILL MAKE A COMEBACK EVEN STRONGER WITH ALL THE GERMAN CARS ACCEPTING IOTA IT WILL BE SUPREME

Ethereum - 0x548f378E943A34857f49190Fb64DF49d44025d2b
Bitcoin - 12XP6S7MS3RAfJHdFpnJvLgDguPGT3QnQB
Dash - XegbtNBeVw8Bptd6o114voCiu6oRFJS43s
bitcoin_age

View Profile
May 06, 2019, 08:43:17 PM

Well that is pretty confused idea it's against privacy term of anybody life why he will share the data of his personal rides with somebody else. If somebody can afford to buy this car than he can spend some money into this token too if he is interested in this project.
When you buy a car or sell your existing car do you prefer to be anonymous i don't think the concept of anonymity plays a very important role for mass adoption.. but since iota has privacy by default what are you worried about.. well yes most car drivers are not that bad so they don't mind to share details Smiley

bitcoin_age

View Profile
May 06, 2019, 08:56:09 PM

First IOTA Smart Contract powered by Qubic Lite enables instant TOQEN Micro-Payments via “MicroHash Channels”

Fumzy

Activity: 256
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 06, 2019, 09:20:51 PM

This turned out to be a good project, I'm glad I'm still holding a big of it
tyz
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2019, 10:07:57 PM

When you buy a car or sell your existing car do you prefer to be anonymous i don't think the concept of anonymity plays a very important role for mass adoption.. but since iota has privacy by default what are you worried about.. well yes most car drivers are not that bad so they don't mind to share details Smiley

The point is, modern cars are already send data to car manufactures mostly without awareness of car owners. In every car where Android runs as a system (and that's already some) sends data. Have you ever wondered where the real-time traffic data comes from in Google Maps? In future, you will no longer be able to avoid such data collection, just as everyone already accepts it on their mobile phone today. The only question now is whether you prefer to get paid for the data or not.
IOTASUPPORTER

Activity: 48
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 12, 2019, 12:55:27 PM

The latest developments in a video:

https://youtu.be/u-61-n_ES0s?t=1
bitcoin_age

View Profile
May 13, 2019, 10:08:07 AM

IOTA seems very promising project i like the idea of using it into our daily life products such as refigerators, washing machines etc if people could be rewarded using electronic products this could perhaps be revolutionary.. but we don't know what future holds for us still a very very fresh project.

CORNEL

Activity: 882
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 13, 2019, 10:27:40 AM

IOTA seems very promising project i like the idea of using it into our daily life products such as refigerators, washing machines etc if people could be rewarded using electronic products this could perhaps be revolutionary.. but we don't know what future holds for us still a very very fresh project.

But in real life this could may years to become functional otherwise it will continue with its natural way. I don't see something will happen in short time of period because it demand more awareness and support from big companies to integrate this system into their products.
bitcoin_age

View Profile
May 13, 2019, 10:30:02 AM

But in real life this could may years to become functional otherwise it will continue with its natural way. I don't see something will happen in short time of period because it demand more awareness and support from big companies to integrate this system into their products.
IOTA has been taking some serious moves for worldwide adoption.. the partnerships with jaguar and landrover is huge the mass adoption should start within a year or two

Pages: « 1 ... 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 [744] 745 746 747 748 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.