Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 06:09:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 764 »
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA  (Read 1471692 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 05:56:29 PM

Thus I will open private discussions with the Iota team (apparently mthcl and Come-from-Beyond only?) now to see if they are interested in collaborating.

Contact iotatoken instead of me, please. I'm just a programmer who happened to know some stuff because of necessity to implement it in the code.
TPTB talking with David? I wanna see this...
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 05:59:53 PM

I'll ask David to invite you into the convo.
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 06:34:51 PM

I'll ask David to invite you into the convo.
Wish every success to this project btw (it does not need my wishes of course, it will be a sure success).
Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 06:40:25 PM

Wish every success to this project btw (it does not need my wishes of course, it will be a sure success).

Thank you, I hope we'll share it with you.
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 07:14:49 PM

Thus I will open private discussions with the Iota team (apparently mthcl and Come-from-Beyond only?) now to see if they are interested in collaborating.

Contact iotatoken instead of me, please. I'm just a programmer who happened to know some stuff because of necessity to implement it in the code.

Okay let the idea for collaboration die on the vine. Neither of us need more drama to slow us down.

I was hoping you (Come-from-Beyond) were the only person I had to coordinate with. My guess is "David" is more of the marketing guy. Too many different personalities to harmonize with while we are trying to rush development, thus sounds like a potential recipe for disaster.

Best.

iotatoken

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 07:34:32 PM

Okay let the idea for collaboration die on the vine. Neither of us need more drama to slow us down.

I was hoping you (Come-from-Beyond) were the only person I had to coordinate with. My guess is "David" is more of the marketing guy. Too many different personalities to harmonize with while we are trying to rush development, thus sounds like a potential recipe for disaster.

Best.

Indeed, my role is management and marketing, not the code. Re: your proposal of collaboration, we have finalized the design of iota at this point and are in full development. This means that unless there is found to be some flaw in our design or your solutions would be truly revolutionary, (which would require that you have a whitepaper available within a few days) we will respectfully decline.

TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 08:36:50 PM

Agreed. Best to you. Hopefully my feedback helped in some small way.

-Greed-

Activity: 910

Decentralized Jihad

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 08:57:55 PM

I know this might have been asked but...

1) Devs/owners are you going to have a token sale (pre-sale, ICO or something)?
2) Did anyone verify the whitepaper? Can the system work as it's supposed to? (I'm not qualified enough for this...)

iotatoken

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 09:02:01 PM

I know this might have been asked but...

1) Devs/owners are you going to have a token sale (pre-sale, ICO or something)?
2) Did anyone verify the whitepaper? Can the system work as it's supposed to? (I'm not qualified enough for this...)

1) Yes

2) We've had some reviews and have sent it out to numerous prominent experts in the space awaiting further review. So far no one has found any flaws, which is why we felt ready to go public and let everyone review it openly.

illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 09:25:28 PM

Hi, a couple of quick questions since the ICO seems to be the topic now:

How many % of the coins will the team keep?

Are you planning to prove somehow you're not "buying your own coins" from the ICO?

Is the ICO the only distribution method?
NextGenCrypto

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2015, 09:26:52 PM

Are you planning to prove somehow you're not "buying your own coins" from the ICO?

Not possible regardless of what they tell you.  This is cryptocurrency, there is 0 validation of who is buying anything.  You know better than that.

illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 09:31:19 PM

Not possible regardless of what they tell you.  This is cryptocurrency, there is 0 validation of who is buying anything.  You know better than that.

I don't know. A lot of things have been considered impossible before, like scalable trustless electronic cash. Tongue
iotatoken

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 09:33:28 PM

Hi, a couple of quick questions since the ICO seems to be the topic now:

How many % of the coins will the team keep?

Is the ICO the only distribution method?

0% of the coins go to the team. The team will be compensated via funds raised in the ICO, no pre-mine. We'll have to buy our tokens just like everyone else.

Yes

ICO is indeed the only distributon method for this project for a couple of reasons:

1) It's the only way we'll get compensated for our work and development, since we have zero premine
2) It's the only way to ensure that the tokens are actually valued, which is needed to kickstart the ecosystem that will form around them and be part of their function

Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 09:35:28 PM

ICO is indeed the only distributon method for this project for a couple of reasons:

1) It's the only way we'll get compensated for our work and development, since we have zero premine
2) It's the only way to ensure that the tokens are actually valued, which is needed to kickstart the ecosystem that will form around them and be part of their function

You forgot about technical impossibility to issue coins over time.
lajz99

Activity: 756

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 09:36:03 PM

0% of the coins go to the team. The team will be compensated via funds raised in the ICO, no pre-mine. We'll have to buy our tokens just like everyone else.

ie. we will have no reason to continue working on the coin as we will not be vested in it and have already received another currency we could cash out into FIAT

gaba

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 09:43:45 PM

ie. we will have no reason to continue working on the coin as we will not be vested in it and have already received another currency we could cash out into FIAT

They will still have 90% of JINN.

LWWE6dtTUXuaq36KTCne5XqMQHfhfwpadC
iotatoken

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 09:47:17 PM

I have no problem understanding this concern, given the space that we're in (crypto is the wild wild wild west after all), but your assumption here is blatantly wrong. We chose 0% premine because that is what is the absolute most fair to every party involved. We are basing our entire start-up around IoT, which we've been working on in stealth for a year, as explained in OP this is what prompted us to develop IOTA. It is a necessary ingredient for the vision of IoT that our start-up is focused on. On top of this all of us will invest our personal funds into IOTA, so no we have a ton of incentive to make IOTA a success.

lajz99

Activity: 756

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 09:51:33 PM

I have no problem understanding this concern, given the space that we're in (crypto is the wild wild wild west after all), but your assumption here is blatantly wrong. We chose 0% premine because that is what is the absolute most fair to every party involved. We are basing our entire start-up around IoT, which we've been working on in stealth for a year, as explained in OP this is what prompted us to develop IOTA. It is a necessary ingredient for the vision of IoT that our start-up is focused on. On top of this all of us will invest our personal funds into IOTA, so no we have a ton of incentive to make IOTA a success.

how is a 0% premine any more fair than you raising BTC and repaying yourself for the coins you "purchased"?  
either way you are receiving BTC and you are using BTC to buy said coins.  they're free coins for you and less BTC for development.

if you were investing personal funds, why not put that into the development and just take a premine?

iotatoken

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 09:56:57 PM

how is a 0% premine any more fair than you raising BTC and repaying yourself for the coins you "purchased"?  
either way you are receiving BTC and you are using BTC to buy said coins.  they're free coins for you and less BTC for development.

if you were investing personal funds, why not put that into the development and just take a premine?

It is more fair because it means it's entirely up for grabs to anyone. There is no coins arbitrarily set aside for the developers. If the community insist, please feel free to donate free iotas to us after the ico Wink

Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 10:01:21 PM

What is the difference?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 764 »
  Print  

Jump to: