Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:03:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 764 »
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA  (Read 1471698 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
iotatoken

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 08:35:58 PM

ALIVE CAT-DEAD CAT, I hope you sell and the price both raises and falls simultaneously.

Actually, I just want you guys to get the needed money to push this thing forward. If the money raised is enough to keep a comfortable burn rate until the project is successful, then SELL IT ALL.

What are your plans for the BTC?

Will you unload 85% (or some other high%) and keep the rest as an arbitrage play? Or, will you unload it all? BTC seems to be establishing a new floor, maybe the upside is not so bad.

If we sell - BTC will rise. If we keep - BTC will plummet. Which scenario do you prefer?

We will unload the vast majority of it. (over 80%)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rtrtcrypto

Activity: 627

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 08:38:46 PM

Good, between that and having JINN tokens to offer potential employees, you guys should have some breathing room.

ALIVE CAT-DEAD CAT, I hope you sell and the price both raises and falls simultaneously.

Actually, I just want you guys to get the needed money to push this thing forward. If the money raised is enough to keep a comfortable burn rate until the project is successful, then SELL IT ALL.

What are your plans for the BTC?

Will you unload 85% (or some other high%) and keep the rest as an arbitrage play? Or, will you unload it all? BTC seems to be establishing a new floor, maybe the upside is not so bad.

If we sell - BTC will rise. If we keep - BTC will plummet. Which scenario do you prefer?

We will unload the vast majority of it. (over 80%)
Tobo

Activity: 763

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 09:14:45 PM

Sell. So you can minimize the volatility(risk).
iotatoken

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 09:21:55 PM

Sell. So you can minimize the volatility(risk).

Yes, the plan has always been to sell over 80%, we'll retain a sum for the first couple of months simply because we pay all the salaries in Bitcoin anyway.

titan20

Activity: 427
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 10:12:01 PM

Also, do you have any detailed plan in hardware side? It will require more capital investment, right? Any partnership yet?

Thank you

Yes, we're 13 months into the hardware development. As for requiring more capital investment, do you mean to get prototype or production run? If latter, yes certainly. We'll eventually have to take the 'traditional VC route', but so far we're doing quite good. Re: partnerships on the hardware side, can't disclose anything due to NDA and the fact that it's still preliminary stages.

What are the consequences if you take the 'traditional VC route' for existing Jinn asset holders?

Traditional VC route simply means getting cash infusion, nothing changes.

So i guess this will happen by selling existing jinn shares in your possession or will there be dilution of the jinn shares?

AUTO COIN

▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀                       ▀█▄
▄▄▄▄ ▄█                           █▄ ▄▄▄▄
█   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   █
▀▀█▀                                 ▀█▀▀
▄▀                                     ▀▄
▄▄▀▄▄▄▄                                 ▄▄▄▄▀▄▄
█       ▀▀▄                           ▄▀▀       █
█          █                         █          █
█▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█
▒▀▄       ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██       ▄▀▒
▒█▀▀▀▀▄▄  █              ▀              █  ▄▄▀▀▀▀█▒
▒█      █ ▀▄                           ▄▀ █      █▒
▒▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀  █▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█  ▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▒
▒▒▒▀▄▄▄▄▄ █                             █ ▄▄▄▄▄▀▒▒▒
 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
      Stand-Alone Solutions Set to Revolutionize the Automotive Sector     
WEBSITEWHITEPAPERTWITTERTELEGRAMFACEBOOKYOUTUBEINSTAGRAM
iotatoken

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 10:41:15 PM

Also, do you have any detailed plan in hardware side? It will require more capital investment, right? Any partnership yet?

Thank you

Yes, we're 13 months into the hardware development. As for requiring more capital investment, do you mean to get prototype or production run? If latter, yes certainly. We'll eventually have to take the 'traditional VC route', but so far we're doing quite good. Re: partnerships on the hardware side, can't disclose anything due to NDA and the fact that it's still preliminary stages.

What are the consequences if you take the 'traditional VC route' for existing Jinn asset holders?

So i guess this will happen by selling existing jinn shares in your possession or will there be dilution of the jinn shares?

Of course this is all hypothetical at the moment, but most VCs demand equity, so that's the most LIKELY route.

grewalsatinder

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

Blockchain Technology Enthusiast, IT Pro

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 08:52:29 AM

IOTA: Cryptocurrency of Internet of Things - Conversation with Co-founder of IOTA, David Sønstebø

http://meshbits.io/iota-cryptocurrency-of-internet-of-things/

WorldCoiner

Activity: 1069
Merit: 682

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2015, 09:56:58 AM

Well done Sir, really a great article/interview  Smiley
rtrtcrypto

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 10:03:56 AM

Now JINN tokens are EQUITY again???

You need to be more consistent with the things you say, David.

Thank you

Of course this is all hypothetical at the moment, but most VCs demand equity, so that's the most LIKELY route.
Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 10:17:36 AM

Looks like one of you don't know English lol.
iotatoken

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 11:00:07 AM

Thank you

No, it looks like you need to read before commenting. A future VENTURE CAPITALIST will most likely want equity. How you translate that into JINN Tokens, which have never been decribed as equity by me or CfB EVER, is beyond me.

rtrtcrypto

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 11:23:13 AM

David, the question was posed to you specifically as to the fate of the JINN TOKENS that have been bought back (traded in for IOTA)...

This exchange implied the following:

-What happens if you go VC route?

A: Traditional VC route simply means getting cash infusion, nothing changes.

-So I guess this will happen BY SELLING JINN SHARES IN YOUR POSSESSION?

A: Of course this is all hypothetical at the moment, but most VCs demand equity, so that's the most LIKELY route.

--------

Is english not your first language? Because I'm always confused by the things you write which then seem, to you, to always have meant something else.

I take it you are saying that your answer was in fact DISCONNECTED from the previous question that was put to you? It doesn't read that way in the exchange you just had that I quoted.

Thank you

No, it looks like you need to read before commenting. A future VENTURE CAPITALIST will most likely want equity. How you translate that into JINN Tokens, which have never been decribed as equity by me or CfB EVER, is beyond me.
iotatoken

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 11:41:24 AM

David, the question was posed to you specifically as to the fate of the JINN TOKENS that have been bought back (traded in for IOTA)...

A: Of course this is all hypothetical at the moment, but most VCs demand equity, so that's the most LIKELY route.

--------

Is english not your first language? Because I'm always confused by the things you write which then seem, to you, to always have meant something else.

I take it you are saying that your answer was in fact DISCONNECTED from the previous question that was put to you? It doesn't read that way in the exchange you just had that I quoted.

Last comment on this, this thread is not about JINN, but IOTA BTC sale. Go to NXTForum for that discussion.

1. English is not my first language, I am Norwegian, but I have never heard any complaints about my usage of English.

2. I was asked what would happen to JINN holders in the event of VC funding, I answered clearly that it would not change anything, VC funding is just that; capital infusion. I was then asked if that would take place through JINN tokens, to which I replied NO, VCs want equity, so that's the route we'll most likely take when the time comes.

rtrtcrypto

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 11:52:13 AM
Last edit: December 10, 2015, 12:06:38 PM by rtrtcrypto

Ok,

The "NO" was not clear in your answer. The structuring of the response makes it appear as if you are answering his question directly; this is because he poses his question with a guess that you WILL give VCs JINN tokens, he even calls them SHARES: (So I guess this will happen BY SELLING JINN SHARES IN YOUR POSSESSION?)

You don't correct him in his use of SHARE and you also don't say NO and follow it with your answer, you simply answer. (Of course this is all hypothetical at the moment, but most VCs demand equity, so that's the most LIKELY route.)

"Likely" here doesn't appear to connect with "VC's demanding equity" but actually to LIKELY we will offer them "JINN SHARES IN YOUR POSSESSION"

To be perfectly clear, your answer is IN FACT:

First, JINN tokens are not SHARES... secondly, no, VCs would indeed require equity (which JINN tokens are NOT) and so, we will likely offer them a % of the company in the form of equity when the time comes.

OK. Understood.

edit: small typo

--------

Last comment on this, this thread is not about JINN, but IOTA BTC sale. Go to NXTForum for that discussion.

1. English is not my first language, I am Norwegian, but I have never heard any complaints about my usage of English.

2. I was asked what would happen to JINN holders in the event of VC funding, I answered clearly that it would not change anything, VC funding is just that; capital infusion. I was then asked if that would take place through JINN tokens, to which I replied NO, VCs want equity, so that's the route we'll most likely take when the time comes.
grewalsatinder

Activity: 186

Blockchain Technology Enthusiast, IT Pro

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 12:03:01 PM

Well done Sir, really a great article/interview  Smiley

Thanks mate!

Wasn't intentionally an interview. I was just getting my queries cleared regarding IOTA. That conversation seems like good enough for article. composed it, published it. Smiley

Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 03:11:23 PM

A recent study has revealed that any (ir)rational number can be represented in a form that gives "9" as the final sum of all its digits...
smartwart

Activity: 171

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 04:01:25 PM

A recent study has revealed that any (ir)rational number can be represented in a form that gives "9" as the final sum of all its digits...

do you mean something like this?
http://mathforum.org/library/drmath/view/67061.html

NxT: 13574045486980287597
Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 04:07:34 PM

That article talks about numbers which are multiples of 9. I'm talking about any number.
martismartis
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 04:13:34 PM

Are You talking about this? Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1216479.msg13193435#msg13193435
Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 05:20:51 PM

No.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 764 »
  Print  

Jump to: